Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC (25788 Views)

Companies’ Rejection Of Corps Members Against Spirit Of NYSC – Dalong / Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. / 89% of corpers Lack Communication skills, can't write application letters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by naijacenter(f): 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
Kano State Coordinator of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Mr. Sanusi Abdulrasheed, has lamented that 89 per cent of corps members in the country could neither write good application nor communicate effectively in English Language.

He stated that the majority of the corps members were more at home with the use of “broken English” as a means of communication.

Mr. Abdulrasheed made the disturbing disclosure yesterday in Kano during the passing out parade (POP ) of the present batch of corps members, where he noted that the findings were based on a nationwide research facilitated by the management of the scheme.

He told outgoing corps members: “ I don’t want you to feel insulted, but it is a statement of fact. The management of NYSC noticed one thing in you; that a bulk of you were not communicating effectively in English.

Read details: http://www.naijacenter.com/89-corps-members-communicate-english-nysc/

2 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Fynestboi: 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
whose fault?
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Excelboi(m): 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
That's bloody..... But i think the percent is kindly over-rated.

6 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by ogunteluwo(m): 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
This is no more a new thing, instead of tackling the way out. Taking a disciple step like testing them before encamping them will give a sit up notice to them. And providing the consequences of not passing the Oral and writing test, like giving them no way to camp with the successful ones or repeating the camp the following year. I was once a victim of this but I went on researches to develop myself and God helped me. If I can improve, it means these people can improve too. It is a matter of willingness.

16 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by ckkris: 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
Excelboi: That's bloody..... But i think the percent is kindly over-rated.
On what is your doubt based? This is the report of a research.

8 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by ruffneck(m): 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
I suggest NYSC conducts aptitude tests for prospective corp members b4 camping!lol

4 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by ckkris: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
If the indigenisation of the office of VC, quota professors, quota students don't destroy Nigeria, nothing else can.

11 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by NnamdiN: 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
89% Hehehehe
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by ckkris: 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
Even the grammar, syntax, standard of Logic displayed in Nairaland by graduates is too embarrassing. The verb 'to be' seem to be too difficult for 95% of contributing writers, even in Newspapers and Magazines.

4 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
The Kano state coordinator who made this assertion is a joke, did he conduct a research to arrive at this conclusion? So because a larger percentage of Kano corpers can't communicate in queens english means those in other states can't as well....He just dug out figures from his dansiki..
Abegiiiii.

10 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
ruffneck: I suggest NYSC conducts aptitude tests on prospective corp members b4 camping!lol
probably NYSC should start with you, because the one sentence you wrote above is even flawed grin grin

9 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by extremelygolden: 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
Then the teacher don teach nonsense be that.

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Thebrightest(m): 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
Pls, what can i do to be able to speak good English? I really need help.

2 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by LeStylo: 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
Excelboi: That's bloody..... But i think the percent is kindly over-rated.

Communicate effectively. That, i think is a percentage closer to reality than you can imagine.
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
As I see NYSC na him make I open am

Abeg wetin them talk say the Bros talk?
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Kemy11(m): 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
The title suppose to be 89perct of northern students cannot communicate in English Language. Bar Turenchi.

22 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by HAH: 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2013
Mr coodinator is English our mother tongue ? If not we don try with the little wey we dey speak
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Mexyz(m): 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ok o...i think Mr yuzedo need to read this news. Over to you yuzedo, please prove them wrong.
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Fazhy: 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2013
Hmmmm. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by senatorn3c(m): 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
that should be in kano

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by elampiro(m): 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
This is highly misleading.
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by phil5(m): 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
Hehhheeee pidgin sweet dye ,especially the warri type ,make dem leave us jor,
I suggest it shuld be embraced, even Oxford indicated Nigerian English at the global English section. kiss

5 Likes

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by deebrain(m): 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
if what is normally posted on nairaland is anything to go by (since majority of its users are students upward), i will agree with this.

Tell dem say make dem speak or write am for pidgin, dem go dey form.
angry

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by nerodenero: 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
We want facts based on research and not mere speculations!

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by donconior: 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
blame it on ASUU
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by 3ace(m): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
Reason why most parents will teach their children English at the expense of their native languages.

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by lifestyle1(m): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
And these are the people sent to teach our future leaders... undecided

9ja i hail thee

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
Thebrightest: thats bad
Michael Jackson Tins!

1 Like

Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
Lmao grin ASUU!!!
89% is a lie, actually.
ckkris: Even the grammar, syntax, standard of Logic displayed in Nairaland by graduates is too embarrassing. The verb 'to be' seem to be too difficult for 95% of contributing writers, even in Newspapers and Magazines.
Kemy11: The title suppose to be 89perct of northern students cannot communicate in English Language. Bar Turenchi.

Look @ them
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by Swiftlee(m): 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
I doubt the authenticity of this report, besides; when you sit at home because of what hell of a struggle called ASUU strike because some set of people dont want to grant some bunch of selfish/selfless people...you wont be able to lay your hands on who to blame..gracias obrigaaado!!
Re: 89% Of Corps Members Can’t Communicate In English -NYSC by deebrain(m): 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
Garri_Activist: Michael Jackson Tins!

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Corper Who Lost Arms In Ghastly Auto Crash To Get Automatic Job - NYSC DG / Batch B Corpers In Ondo East Dancing As They Collect Their Nysccertificate / Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.