Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches (30188 Views)

.:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
Elliotwiz1: good one, but even TB Joshua that gives freely has been criticized... Instead of focusing on the things that make you a true christian, You've decided to look unto the things that don't matter...if you like continue eating your tithe, It's your choice... Peace out
Bro, u knw wat... God gives me more cos He gave me in the first place.
U tink I bliv in dt 'devourers' crap.
I choose to bliv God isn't dat wicked.
U chose ur own bliv.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by hardbody: 6:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
Bidam: was Jesus a pharisee? YES..Do pharisees pay tithe? Yes.Was Paul a pharisee? Yes..Do pharisees pay tithe? YES. Jesus fulfilled the law.You don't need a prophet to tell you these things.Use your brain? cheesy

Did you just say Jesus was a Pharisee?

I give up on you and your religion.

If it was in Bible times, we would have stoned you to death for blasphemy

7 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by alexleo(m): 6:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
christemmbassey: it is wrong and sin,bc, when u pay tithe, it means u've rejected d priesthood of Jesus, to u Jesus has nt died, u are still in ur sin. When u pay tithe in response to malachi 3:8-12, it means d finished work of jesus is nt adequate to give u those things u're expecting from ur tithe payment, u r like Esau, who d bible refer to as 'a profane person', who rejected his birthright and went for a plate of garrin soup.

This one na your own talk so I no go take am. Show me where it is written in the bible.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by hardbody: 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
Paul the apostle said with his own hands he eked out a living and provided both for himself and those around him who were in need. Your pastors fool you with all the talk about tithing and as usual play on your fears by telling you about devourer, etc etc. meanwhile the guy and his wife are living large on your sweat, driving the best cars and at times owning a jet, building schools and when opportunity calls for it, they fork your wives and daughters and tell you not to judge or not to touch God's annointed (as if you wimps are not annointed too). Infact these days they fly your daughters abroad and teach them a level of grace beyond comprehension and you guys sit down here and continue to talk about tithe this and tithe that.

I am not falling mugu to any person that believes he can harrass me into giving him my hard earned money. The Bible said we should with our own hands work out what we will eat, if pastor or Man of God is not going to work, I swear he will starve. Shi Shi, i no go give am.

4 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by neio: 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2013
untill their schools and other economic ventures are made relatively affordable, my so-called tithe or whatever surpluses, belong to the needy and not these charlatans masquerading as pastors! Enough is enough; our mumu don do!

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by eph12(m): 6:16pm On Oct 14, 2013
How i wish other doctrines of the bible are being treated with passion. From what i've realised paying tithes is not really a weighty topic in christianity. No real consequence whether u do or not( please pardon my ignorance). Its not a sin to pay tithe. If u think our spiritual leaders are exploiting us then that's for God to judge. But don't u think it will benefit we christians more if we treat topics on issues of hated fornication adultery wordliness etc? I really believ those are the kind of things we should be talking about. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by alexleo(m): 6:18pm On Oct 14, 2013
christemmbassey: paying tithe in christianity is wrong, infact, it is sin.

Lies. Its NEVER a sin. You have no proof to call it a sin.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
Bidam: [size=15pt] was Jesus a pharisee? YES[/size]..Do pharisees pay tithe? Yes.Was Paul a pharisee? Yes..Do pharisees pay tithe? YES. Jesus fulfilled the law.You don't need a prophet to tell you these things.Use your brain? cheesy

shocked shocked shocked

Bidam, did you just called Christ, a pharisee just because you want to justify tithe?

4 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Candour(m): 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
Alwaystrue: Ephesians 2:15
by abolishing the law of COMMANDMENTS EXPRESSED IN ORDINANCES, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace,

Exactly!! The law and it's ordinances have been abolished and this includes Mosaic law of Tithing to sustain the Levitical priesthood

MOSES SPEAKING HERE:
Deuteronomy 12:1,5-7, 13-14,32
1 These are the STATUTES AND ORDINANCES that you must carefully observe in the land that the LORD God of your ancestors has given you to possess every day that you live on the earth.
5 But unto the place which the Lord your God shall choose out of all your tribes to put his name there, even unto his habitation shall ye seek, and thither thou shalt come:

6 And thither ye shall bring your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, and your tithes, and heave offerings of your hand, and your vows, and your freewill offerings, and the firstlings of your herds and of your flocks:
7 And there ye shall eat before the Lord your God,
and ye shall rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, ye and your households, wherein the Lord thy God hath blessed thee.

13 Take heed to thyself that THOU OFFER NOT thy burnt offerings IN EVERY PLACE THAT THOU SEEST:

14 BUT IN THE PLACE WHICH THE LORD SHALL CHOOSE IN ONE OF THY TRIBES, there thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, and there thou shalt DO ALL THAT I COMMAND THEE

32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it

Moses also said this just 2 chapters away

Deut 14:22-23
'Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.23.And thou shall EAT before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the TITHE of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flock; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always'

If we want to obey Moses fully, then the tither MUST eat out of the tithe and there is no allusion to spiritual food there. Any attempt to spiritualise it will be dishonesty and a blatant lie.

GOD SAYS IN THE FINAL BOOK OF THE OT:
MALACHI 3:8-10
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In TITHES AND OFFERINGS
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it

Which was a direct reference to the below.

Neh 10:38
'And the priest the son of Aaron shall be with the Levites, when the Levites take tithes: and the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes unto the house of our God, to the CHAMBERS, into the TREASURE HOUSE'

The Priests, after collecting the 10% of the tithes from the Levites refused to bring it up into the storehouse hence the rebuke in Mal 3. It was a reference to the PRIESTS, NOT the children of Israel.

JESUS SAYS:
Matthew 23:23
"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. YOU SHOULD TITHE, YES, BUT DO NOT NEGLECT THE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS.

Just Like Jesus also said the below in the same chapter. infact at the beginning of the chapter

Matt 23:2-3
'Saying, The Scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses seat:3.All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do: but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.'

Do you obey all the Scribes and Pharisees tell you? there are 613 of such laws. If you don't obey all, why single out Tithes?

PAUL SAYS:
I Corinthians 9:13-14
13 Don't you realize that those who work at the temple get their food from the temple? Don't those who help at the altar get a share of what is on the altar?
14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who spread the Good News should earn their living from the Good News

The Levites collect the tithes from the isrealites. The Levites are the cleaners, choir, gatemen etc in the temple. They only give the priests 10% of the tithes which means the priest effectively gets just 1% of the tithes of the generality of isreal. Is that the practice in your church? Do you give the tithes to the sanctuary keepers, ushers, choir etc? after which they will now give 10% of that to the pastor? If you dont follow this practice, then stop making reference to it for you'll be a law breaker.

Those who spread the good news should get sustenance from the good news in line with Matt 10:7-14 and Luke 10:3-8. NOT FROM TITHES.

As Abraham gave tithes and offerings to God in appreciation of God's blessing. Children of Abraham tithe and give God offerings to appreciate what God has given them and still God blesses with more. God is indeed faithful!

Abraham gave tithes and burnt rams and goats on the Altar. Do you burn your offerings on the Altar today? Abraham gave tithes from spoils of war that were not his, do you go to war today? Abraham gave away the remaining 90% after giving tithes to Melchizedek, do You give away the remainder of your salary after paying tithes today? Abraham gave tithes ONLY ONCE in his entire life, if we give more than once, are we still following Abraham's footsteps?

9 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by buoye1(m): 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
Whether they like it or not,it ll never stop me from paying my TITHE
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by zivility: 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
Tithe is good but who ever said u must take it to church only is bad! and these preachers give themselves these glorious titles for material reasons. Jesus said when you give to the poor and the needy you give to His Father in Heaven! Please which church will tell you to take your tithe to the poor and the need! instead they will give you acc number! THEY DON'T FOLLOW THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by DrummaBoy(m): 6:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
Alwaystrue:
14 For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe MOSES SPOKE NOTHING concerning PRIESTHOOD.
15 And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest
16 who has come, not according to the law of a FLESHLY COMMANDMENT, but according to the power of an endless life
17 For He testifies: “You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek.”
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the FORMER COMMANDMENT because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

I am the Drummaboy and I ENDORSE this truth, especially the capitalized and bolded.

4 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by iyes(m): 6:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
Wow!!! God2man, you just manifested profound ignorance and gullibility by this statement of yours:

"you should respect your elders in the Christiandom, they are not Jesus, but they are the respresentatives of God on earth"

So at this time and age, with the amount of knowledge and revelation of God we have as christians, you still believe that someone is a representative of God on earth? That is hero-worshipping, and pure idolatory!

Jesus has made all of us equal before God. He is the only representative between man and God now.

Please wake up from false teachings and doctrines you have evidently been subjected to.

I'm happy you called it christiandom (or christianity), if so then, tell me where Jesus or his disciples paid tithe to anyone. Did the scribes and pharisees not accuse the disciples of not paying tithes?

Where is it written in the Bible that tithes should be in monetary value or paid as money? And even if we should ignore that fact, who did the Bible say should collect it? Definitely not pastors! Did you read in anywhere that Apostle Paul and others ever collected tithes from anyone? Are pastors of today more devoted than them?

Do the collectors of tithes today follow biblical instruction on how to apply collected tithes? If they disobey that simple instruction on whom should collect, and whom should enjoy tithes, what moral right do they have to ask followers to obey them and pay?

God cannot be fooled. When you "pay" your tithes to a wrong collector and it is used for a wrong reason, your work done is zero! You can't armtwist God for a reward, after having erred. What you get is mere 'feel good factor" Shikena!

5 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by HerexG(m): 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2013

10 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Candour(m): 7:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
Zikkyy:

Thank you Candour.

Weldone jare Zikkyy. I always knew if you give the tithe collectors rope long enough, they'll always hang themselves. How can somebody agree that the law which covered tithing is a fleshly and weak commandment and immediately advocate adherence to Mal 3? forgetting that Mal 3 was a reminder of Mosaic law. So which law was then abolished by the cross?

Then Jesus Christ our Lord and saviour has become a Pharisee to some people too all in a bid to justify tithe shocked Blasphemy of the highest order shocked

My Joy is that at least, some people are seeing some verses in the bible for the first time and it will spur them to read and study the word more. Whatever they decide to do afterwards becomes their prerogative.

They wont be cajoled by some man using the word of God to threaten them.

God loves a cheerful giver my people, NOT a coerced and pressured one.

5 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mojeer678: 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
Goshen360: Ladies and gentlemen, brothers and sisters, the storehouse is not church, It's an insult to the church Christ died for to be called a STOREHOUSE and devourer is nothing but ants, insects and crops eater or crops eating insects.

Please, get a bible concordance and look up the word meanings of devourer and storehouse.

This has been well encapsulated and further engaged here:

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/170120460/html5
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Alwaystrue(f): 7:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
Alwaystrue:
Numbers 3:5-12
5 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
6 Bring the tribe of Levi near, and present them before Aaron the priest, that they may minister unto him.
7 And they shall keep his charge, and the charge of the whole congregation before the tabernacle of the congregation, to do the service of the tabernacle.
8 And they shall keep all the instruments of the tabernacle of the congregation, and the charge of the children of Israel, to do the service of the tabernacle.
9 And thou shalt give the Levites unto Aaron and to his sons: they are wholly given unto him out of the children of Israel.
10 And thou shalt appoint Aaron and his sons, and they shall wait on their priest's office: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
12 And I, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the children of Israel INSTEAD of all the firstborn that openeth the matrix among the children of Israel: therefore the Levites shall be mine

Numbers 18:6-7
6 Behold, I Myself have taken your brethren the Levites from among the children of Israel; they are a gift to you, given by the Lord, to do the work of the tabernacle of meeting.
Therefore you and your sons with you shall attend to your priesthood for everything at the altar and behind the veil; and you shall serve. I give your PRIESTHOOD to you as a gift for service, but the outsider who comes near shall be put to death.

Levites MADE without an oath but Christ Made with an oath....A priest from the tribe of Judah not of the Levite that Moses spoke of...

Hebrews 7:20-21
20 And inasmuch as He was not made priest without an oath 21 (for they have BECOME priests WITHOUT an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him: “The Lord has sworn And will not relent, ‘You are a priest 6forever According to the order of Melchizedek’ ” ),

He who has ears will hear.

I Corinthians 9:13-14....In the same way hath the Lord commanded....

The fleshly command that made only a certain tribe priests while others could not be come near or be put to death, was what was abolished in Hebrews 7:18. Jesus arose in the likeness of Melchizedek (Hebrews 7:15)

Tithes/offerings did not make or ordain the priesthood, God had prior said that tithes were His before He in a later chapter gave all the tithes to the Levites for the service which they serve.

How the law that was weak and unprofitable and that made nothing perfect is now termed as tithe shows the level of carnality we have on display here.

For those who are willing to understand the bible, do your proper study and see that the whole book of Malachi is like the Revelation of the Old testament (as we see in the New testament).

It highlights everything that God did not like, his judgements on those who don't help even the widow, orphans, those who break the convenant of marriage and also prophesied of John the baptist and Jesus Christ coming so that the earth would not be smitten with a curse. Thus was the level of sin that was prevalent then.

This just showed making the the levitical priesthood as only priests did not make anything perfect, was weak and unprofitable.
Just do your study.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
alexleo:

Lies. Its NEVER a sin. You have no proof to call it a sin.
truth is bitter eh? 1. God commanded ONLY d levites to collect tithe according to d law of Moses, even in Israel today they don't pay/recieve tithe, why? Bc, levy is one of d lost tribe in Isreal, they can't know for certain who is a real levite, so in other not to commit sin by mistakenly giving tithe to a non-levite, they don't pay tithe, so u, who pay tithe to a naija pastor is commiting sin bc UR PASTOR IS NOT A LEVITE. 2. When u pay tithe bc of d law, especially in ref to mal3, u av rejected d cross of Jesus, u av fallen from grace, u've refused n denied Christ and jn 3 says u r already condemned, bc, u only call Jesus lord lord in ur mouth but nt accepted d fact dat tro his death he hath given to us all things dat partain to life eg house, car, husband/wife, health, love, life, protection, wealth etc etc , Jesus gave us all, u don't av to pay or bribe God for anything, d only thing dat God wants from us is in 1jn 3:22-23, beleve in Jesus and love one another. God bless, sir.

9 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Polchiz(m): 8:05pm On Oct 14, 2013
It pains me to my bone that nobody cares about living the life that pleases God in today's church but offering and tithe.
PROVERB 21:3 - Doing what is right and fair pleases the LORD more than an offering.
A notorious ritualist will give huge tithe and the pastor will receive it happily and DARE NOT preach against ritual killings.
Politicians, armed robbers, prostitutes, 419ers, drug dealers, among others are now the PIUS christians because of their huge donations and tithes.
You saw a hungry-striking begger and refuse to help him out of the N10,000 tithe that you intend to give a pastor who is already a multimillionaire.
On the last day, I will say to you ' I was hungry and you didn't give me food, I was naked and you didn't clothe me, I was hospitalized and you didn't visit me, I was homeless and you didn't give me shelter'. In-as-much as you do this to the least of these my brothers, you did it for me.
Paying tithe is not a certificate to heaven. God is not poor that you think your tithe will make him rich.
If I intend to buy a car of N10m for a man of God, I will do it voluntary. He doesn't need to make it look like, I MUST give 10% of my monthly earning to the church, if not, God will be ANGRY with me.
A newly ordained priest in my church needed a car. He simply said, " sorry I came late to mass these days b/c my old car is giving me a lot of headache". A Parishioner secretely bought him a new car.
Can he get such money from that cheerful giver by preaching Mal. 3:10 every sunday?
You don't have to come to the public to boast that you are paying tithe as if you are doing God a favour.
Your father who sees what you do in secret will reward you.

6 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by nep2ra(m): 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
Joagbaje:

It only shows there's something special to God about tithing . If not satan will not fight it so hard. Just as judas fought over the perfume on Jesus claiming he was fighting for the poor.

You are right , by their fruits you know them . Their problem is not tithe but rather a relationship with the holy spirt. It will tame the tongue. Truth is spoken in love.

2 Timothy 2:24-25
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth
;

It's a sign of the last days . How many of them are under any pastoral leadership .as I keep saying their problem is beyond tithe . It's a spirit of rebellion .

Jude 1:8-10
Yet these false teachers carelessly go right on living their evil, immoral lives, degrading their bodies and laughing at those in authority over them, even scoffing at the Glorious Ones. Yet Michael, one of the mightiest of the angels, when he was arguing with Satan about Moses 'body, did not dare to accuse even Satan, or jeer at him, but simply said, "The Lord rebuke you." But these men mock and curse at anything they do not understand, and like animals, they do whatever they feel like, thereby ruining their souls.

Christian have many disagreement over many issues , you don't have to insult people because you don't agree with them. That's satanic.

You are an unrepentant thief!!!

11 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by jnrbayano(m): 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
grin grin grin
Goshen360:

grin grin grin grin
grin

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Candour(m): 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
Alwaystrue:

The fleshly command that made only a certain tribe priests while others could not be come near or be put to death, was what was abolished in Hebrews 7:18. Jesus arose in the likeness of Melchizedek (Hebrews 7:14)

True the fleshly command made only a select tribe priests but Thank God for the new covenant which makes you, i and every other Christian a priest.

1Peter 2:9
'But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:

Rev 5:10
'And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth'

Now we can approach unto the holy of holies because when the saviour died, the curtain blocking the holy of holies was rent in two from top to bottom. HALLELUYAH!!!

Tithes/offerings did not make or ordain the priesthood, God had prior said that tithes were His before He in a later chapter gave all the tithes to the Levites for the service which they serve.

The tithes have always been God's because he owned the land. The tithes that are holy unto the Lord are ONLY from the land. Lev 27:30,32. He then gave it to the levites for their service as they had no inheritance.The levites own the tithes, NOT the priests

How the law that was weak and unprofitable and that made nothing perfect is now termed as tithe shows the level of carnality we have on display here.

How the Tithes which was exclusively the preserve of Levites from Israel suddenly became the property of pastors beggars belief!! It's the height of dishonesty. How did tithe alone survive out of the 613 laws in the torah is shocking? could it be because of greedy and covetous considerations?

The tithe you claim from Mal 3 is STRICTLY OF THE LAW. any claim to the contrary is a blatant LIE and outright DISHONESTY.

For those who are willing to understand the bible, do your proper study and see that the whole book of Malachi is like the Revelation of the Old testament (as we see in the New testament).

It highlights everything that God did not like, his judgements on those who don't help even the widow, orphans, those who break the convenant of marriage and also prophesied of John the baptist and Jesus Christ coming so that the earth would not be smitten with a curse. This just showed making the the levitical priesthood as only priests did not make anything perfect, was weak and unprofitable.
Thus was the level of sin that was prevalent then. Just do your study.

And they will find that it's a reminder to do the WHOLE law, NOT just TITHING

Mal 4:4
'Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which i commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgements'

The above verse clearly showed God telling Israel through Malachi to obey ALL the laws of Moses. If tithe collectors are honest, why quote Mal 3:8-11 while leaving Mal 4:4?

The levitical priesthood has been abolished and so is the tithe created for its sustenance. The gospel is to be sustained by freewill giving today hence Paul could say 'every man as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give....'

7 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Alwaystrue(f): 8:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
Examples of least of our brethren is not only the poor alone as we often think. It is anyone we are in position to feed, clothe, visit etc:

Matthew 25:34-37,40
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me

Least of the brethen is anyone from poor, needy, widow, ministers of God, family, friends, 'enemies', your workers....anyone you are in possession to help at any time. Loving our neighbour....nothing is substituted for the other....let us reach out to all as much as lies with us.

1. EMPLOYEES, WIDOWS, STRANGER and ORPHANS
Malachi 3:5
5 “At that time I will put you on trial. I am eager to witness against all sorcerers and adulterers and liars. I will speak against those who cheat employees of their wages, who oppress widows and orphans, or who deprive the foreigners living among you of justice, for these people do not fear me,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies

James 5:4
Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty

2. THE POOR
Proverbs 19:7
Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will repay him for his deed

Luke 14:13-14
13 But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind,
14 and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just

3. DISCIPLES/PEOPLE IN MINISTRY
Mark 9:41
For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward

Philipians 4:14,18
4 Nevertheless, you have done well to share with me in my affliction

18 18 But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God

Malachi 3:10
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house,
and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

I Corinthians 9:4,14
4 Do we not have the right to eat and drink?

9 For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain. Is it about oxen that God is concerned?
10 Surely he says this for us, doesn’t he?
14 In the same way, the Lord commanded that those who proclaim the gospel should get their living by the gospel

4. FAMILY
I Timothy 5:8
But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel

Isaiah 58:7
7 Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help

5. 'ENEMIES'
Romans 12:20
Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head

6. HUNGRY, OPPRESSED, IMPRISONED
Isaiah 58:6-7
6 No, this is the kind of fasting I want: Free those who are wrongly imprisoned; lighten the burden of those who work for you. Let the oppressed go free, and remove the chains that bind people
7 Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help

This is the truth of the message.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Candour(m): 8:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
Alwaystrue: Examples of least of our brethren is not only the poor alone as we often think. It is anyone we are in position to feed, clothe, visit etc:

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me

Least of the brethen is anyone from poor, needy, widow, ministers of God, family, friends, 'enemies', your workers....anyone you are in possession to help at any time. Loving our neighbour....nothing is substituted for the other....let us reach out to all as much as lies with us.

1. EMPLOYEES, WIDOWS and ORPHANS
5 “At that time I will put you on trial. I am eager to witness against all sorcerers and adulterers and liars. I will speak against those who cheat employees of their wages, who oppress widows and orphans, or who deprive the foreigners living among you of justice, for these people do not fear me,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies

Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty

2. THE POOR
Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will repay him for his deed

For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward

18 18 But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house,
and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

9 For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain. Is it about oxen that God is concerned?
14 In the same way, the Lord commanded that those who proclaim the gospel should get their living by the gospel

4. FAMILY
But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel

5. 'ENEMIES'
Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head

6 No, this is the kind of fasting I want: Free those who are wrongly imprisoned; lighten the burden of those who work for you. Let the oppressed go free, and remove the chains that bind people

Very good and commendable. Generousity and helpfulness is highly encouraged for Christians. see the purpose of tithes

Deut 14:27-29
'And the Levite that is withing thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him: for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.28.At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up withing thy gates:29.And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.'

According to the above reference, the beneficiaries of the tithes

1.Levites - cleaners, gate keepers, sanctuary keepers, choir, etc that served at the temple in Jerusalem

2.Widows

3.Strangers

4.Fatherless

6 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Segloyd(m): 8:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
Akshow: I bet u are a pastor @op and 'biz' is slow dis days. Ur topic should be 'churches are playing on d intelligence of Nigerian tithers'.

I support the motion, let us change the topic to "CHURCHES ARE PLAYING ON D INTELLIGENCE OF NIGERIAN TITHERS".

7 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
Alwaystrue: Examples of least of our brethren is not only the poor alone as we often think. It is anyone we are in position to feed, clothe, visit etc:

1. EMPLOYEES, WIDOWS, STRANGER and ORPHANS

2. THE POOR

Luke 14:13-14
13 But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind,
14 and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just

4. FAMILY

5. 'ENEMIES'

You just concluded the whole thing. You should give to the poor, the needy, the widows, that is the Gospel of Christ. And not to your pastors bishops. Beside, pastoring should not be a full time Job. Paul was a Evangelist yet he did other works to sustain himself. The pastors themselves should give(or pay tithes which ever you call it) to the poor and the widow around them. Collections should be collected in the church and used to provide food and other things to poor church workers and church members. That was how the early churches practiced it.

4 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Alwaystrue(f): 8:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
shachris:

You just concluded the whole thing. You should give to the poor, the needy, the widows, that is the Gospel of Christ. And not to your pastors bishops. Beside, pastoring should not be a full time Job. Paul was a Evangelist yet he did other works to sustain himself. The pastors themselves should give(or pay tithes which ever you call it) to the poor and the widow around them. Collections should be collected in the church and used to provide food and other things to poor church workers and church members. That was how the early churches practiced it.

Thanks...Some pastors work in the ministry full time. Infact that was the expectation of Jesus Christ for the disciples and even Paul said he had a right not to work.

Paul decided to work so no man will make his glorying void. He decided to let go of the right of I Cor. 9:13-14. It was becaus of the same way we have people throwing a fit now untop of a tenth that He penned the below, people were actually examining him:

I Corinthians 9:3-4,6,15
3 Mine answer to them that do EXAMINE ME is this,
4 Have we not power to eat and to drink?
6 Or I only and Barnabas, HAVE NOT WE POWER to forbear working?
15 But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.

What is going on on NL is just history repeating itself. Just take time to study and you will understand that this is not new. Paul experience alot.

The Jerusalem believers who already had the heart of giving sold their property and all and brought it to the feet of the disciples for sharing to everyone, even though some people still grumbled that they still did not get (Acts 6:1). They were giving their 100% and put in a place for all to take, If some were asked to try it here, they we quote scriptures that he that does not work should not eat. It is just so funny.

If giving a tenth to the ministers can be such a challenge and can cause this level of quibbling, we then know the hearts of man. It is so easy to know a person with regards to how he acts when money matters are discussed.

It is one thing not to tithe and another to say tithe is abolished. It is either you believe it is right or you believe it is abolished.
It is just amusing seeing people swing to what favours them.....one minute believe tithe and another call it sin, abolished etc. That is the hypocrisy and unstability of it. They are double-minded.
Our giving is beyond a tenth because there are so many people to give to as listed above there.

The true givers will give to all or pray for grace to give to all with joy and happiness.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Noblefreeman(m): 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
[quote author=chukwudi44]@OP

Your stupidity is quite profound!! What really is the essence of this thread? To kill off discussion on tithe? You are still a learner.

People would continue to get enlightened on the true essence of tithing and the principles behind it.Discussions on the topic cannot be stifled not even in a 100 years from now.it is even going to get worse with developments in the social media and other avenues of information disemination.

Our childrens will ask more questions than us.Their inquisitive minds would be open to answers from a various sources[Ɣ☺ur ‎​A̶̲̥̅ savant.]
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by ignis: 9:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
Goshen360:

Yes, I have freedom to participate in whatever thread I choose to. Against such there is no law.
You have freedom same way others have the right to their views and opinions.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by truthislight: 9:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
Goshen360: Ladies and gentlemen, brothers and sisters, the storehouse is not church, It's an insult to the church Christ died for to be called a STOREHOUSE and devourer is nothing but ants, insects and crops eater or crops eating insects.

Please, get a bible concordance and look up the word meanings of devourer and storehouse.

You mean this thread ? > https://www.nairaland.com/1472237/deception-malachi-3-10-11-devourer
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by bankyc: 9:05pm On Oct 14, 2013
Elliotwiz1: they Jews today don't say tithe because they believe in Judaism, their beliefs are different. And tithe is paid to a someone who is spiritually higher than You're, who was higher than Jesus when he was on earth?? No one, so he need not pay any tithe.

brother, ur ignorance amuses me. Why was christ baptise? Was he a sinner? But Inorder to fulfill all righteousness. Yet he's our Lord. This shows hw important baptism is. But he neva spoke or obsever this ritual called tithe. If tithe was as important as our so call pastors present it to be, christ could av mentioned it because he was here to show us the way and he's our MAIN example.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Andykuul: 9:17pm On Oct 14, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: Naira Will Be Powerful Again / How To Prepare Gun Medicine, Cutlass Medicine & Knife Medicine / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.