Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage (24372 Views)

Nigerian Citizenship Eligibility With Regard To Elected Offices / Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats / Asari Dokubo Adopts Benin Republic, Dumps Nigerian Citizenship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by kaypound(m): 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2008
CHOCHORI:

@ angelloven ----
I didn't come here to be insulted and please don't insult my family and don't make it personal ok.
If you don't have anything to contribute please do not insult my veryself and family else I will take it legal.
Thanks.

wow! i feel you bro, how do intend taking your legal actions this is the vitual remember.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by beemex(m): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2008
Whatever u like u can say about Nigeria but i can assure u that soon, she's going to be a great nation again and process starts with doing things the right way, just like denying Chochori's wife citizenship until she does whatever is required of her. NAIJA FOR LIVE JOO!!!
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by nedra: 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2008
@ eziachi.
Men i apreciate d way u tongue lashed those money chewing machines in governmnt. may their souls never rest in peace. nigeria is only beter than one country in dis world--somalia. if it were possible to trek out of dis God forsaken country, believe me , i wud hv left a long time ago without even turnin back like lots wife did
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by KnowAll(m): 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2008
@Chochori : "If am desparate for it I will get it through the Nigerian way but I don't wont to contribute to any corrupt practice in Nigeria - The statistics is already high".

oh boy no even try am, you will get nija pally for oyinbo woman through the back door, if you are caught, they will lock u and your wife inside kirikiri and throw the key away
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by sherrylo: 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2008
Vigasimple, true yarn. Even though its cheaper and easier to get compare to the British one the conditions should be met, especially with this our new passport.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by goddsson: 1:59pm On Jul 03, 2008
Why shouldn't ur girl be refused citizenship. Is it something you pick on the streets. So cos she is white automatically means she can become a Nigerian. You disrespect our Counrty. Go and see how whites treat us with disdain even in our own Country, defacing our passport. You should be thankful its only citizenship that was refused and not a visa to Nigeria. I dont blame all you dick heads undecided
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by spikedcylinder: 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2008
nuzo:

@poster

Like Eziachi told you earlier; tell your wife to run for her dear life. Anything Nigeria is bad omen, To be forwarned is to be forarmed.

Not that I dont agree with some of your points, I do but then i wonder. . . why is it that your mates are in Nigeria making money while you live among a sea of asian faces? If there is any shame to be felt, it should be by you.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by sherrylo: 2:06pm On Jul 03, 2008
Chochori but really if you waited 3years in the UK to get thier passport, what did you think? that your wife would just walk up to the nigeria house and request the Nigerian citizenship just like that?. Boy you should know that the fact that due processes are usually not beign followed does not mean we dont have procedures.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by unit(f): 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2008
@ poster

am sure the embassy had their reasons for denying your wife,sorry about it.

To all those naija loving Nigerians
We all love naija and wish it will be a better nation some day soon,the fact still remains that we are living in a crumbling/sinking ship.I was in the villa recently when PHCN/NEPA took light and our dearest president hasn't done anything drastic to save the situation,what of healthcare,have you guys gone to a general hospital lately where patients have to cue for hours o get attention and the doctors see each patient for less than 3mins(it happened to me and from there i went straight to a private hospital where i paid through my nose to get proper healthcare)is there hope for the massess? What of our education system and all the other sectors.What has the probes done -NOTHING. Name one government looting official that is in jail right now for crime committed-none.
So my dears wake up to the reality of our country,I believe there is hope but it going to take more than being patriotic and its going to take a very long time.
To the Eziachis of the forum
I feel you! but don't lose hope for naija lets keep praying and hoping.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by nigerbobo(m): 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2008
to all NAIJA haters pls know that shit happens everywhere . . . i was watching CNN the other day and saw a story on how a paient slumped and died at the reception area of a hospital and she was unattended to for over an hour!!!! she was just there lying on the floor dead. and this happend in the UK!!! pls! NAIJa is not all that but at least we are trying to make her work. all you haters can move to Ghana, somalia or even sudan and let us try to build our nation abeg!

Naija is all we have. pls lets be patriotic.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by oluwdashmi(f): 2:56pm On Jul 03, 2008
who wants to come and live in Nigeria for 3 years before becoming a citizen, its crazy !!!!!!!!!!
You ll be lucky, if you are still normal after 3 years, provided you re alive. Armed robbers regularly target returnees, and the Nigeria factor would make lose faith in humanity.

Does it mean all returnees into Nigeria are dead by now?? You need to see a psychologist.

This is the type of Nigerians you hated because they speak the truth so that you lot can change instead playing blind patrotism. Arrogant, ignorant and brainless to you maybe but no need playing a gallant patriot in far away Texas, London, Paris, Madrid or New York. You should head home straight away and enjoy the paradise, where the only triving business is politics coated in looting public fund.

Anybody crying for being refused a Nigerian citizenship is like the best player in the world crying for being refused to lace his boot for Equatorial Guinea of all footballing nations.

@ Eziachi- God will bless you for saying the truth. Really suprised that our new generation still got loads of psycophants. Its going to be a long time before things will change. I thought Nigeria has Citizenship by registration but it looks like it is one of those political promises from politicians.
Anyway- The Embassy can keep their passport at the moment- If am desparate for it I will get it through the Nigerian way but I don't wont to contribute to any corrupt practice in Nigeria - The statistics is already high.

When you knew that Nigeria can keep their passport, why did you run down here to make silly noise? Why is your wife dying to have one? As if UK is paradise!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by mahal(m): 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2008
What all the noise about
Sometime last year, Bill Gates was refused a Nigerian visa.
Reason? He didnt have enough proof to convince the Naija Diplomats that he would return back to
his native US
after his visit,

So why is this my man complaining
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by sherrylo: 3:40pm On Jul 03, 2008
Mahal, for real? I no hear that one ooo. wetin be your source?
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by unit(f): 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2008
@nigerbobo

but their government officials ain't looting opening or making corruption the norm.

Wake up to realities my dear i was sick and had to wait for 4hours. Try to live in naija like the masses and you would understand what we mean.
Do these other countries have a general system failure,ain't their government working to better the lot of their citizens.

Pray do tell what works in naija?

Corruption abi! It works well and is profitable. What a shame! And we pat their backs saying all will be well.

God Save Naija!
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by Xolokristo(m): 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2008
This is just the beginning, Foreigners will be queuing for 9ja` visa pretty soon, Vision 2025~Prophesy, by Fela Durotoye is coming to pass!
9ja` will be great!

"I BELIEVE IN THE NEW NIGERIA DREAM!"
cheesy
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by abdurrazaq(m): 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2008
It's annoying that some fake Nigerians will flare up on anyone who try to point out Nigerian weakness for correction. We are not equal and the way we raect to issues will definitely not be equal.
@If the Lady can leave her base in the UK to spend the required period in Nigeria to qualify her for the citizenship, why not? I can assure you that many UK citizens live in this country despite the state of things. It's not as if everything is that bad anly that someone coming in from UK to Nigeria should be preparing to live in places like V.I

@nigerbobo. Because someone died in front of a UK hospital unattended to means all Nigerians should die because of our poor health facilities and keep quiet all in the name of protecting the image of the country. That shows how patriotic you are. cool
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by nigerbobo(m): 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2008
Posted by: abdurrazaq
Insert Quote
It's annoying that some fake Nigerians will flare up on anyone who try to point out Nigerian weakness for correction. We are not equal and the way we raect to issues will definitely not be equal.
@If the Lady can leave her base in the UK to spend the required period in Nigeria to qualify her for the citizenship, why not? I can assure you that many UK citizens live in this country despite the state of things. It's not as if everything is that bad anly that someone coming in from UK to Nigeria should be preparing to live in places like V.I

@nigerbobo. Because someone died in front of a UK hospital unattended to means all Nigerians should die because of our poor health facilities and keep quiet all in the name of protecting the image of the country. That shows how patriotic you are.

This is what i hate most about nairaland! angry you say something just for some dumb ass to take it out of context!
So Sad.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by Muzzemmill(m): 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2008
pls dont be annoyed that is black mentallity.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by ima1(f): 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2008
Nigeria is a stupid country, my mom an african american woman has lived in naija for 30 years yet she doesn't have nigerian citizenship even though she is married to a nigerian man and all her kids were born in naija. still they refused to give her naija citenzenship, but they said she can stay in the country for life.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by abdurrazaq(m): 5:34pm On Jul 03, 2008
@nigerbobo. Sorry if you are offended. All I'm saying is that we can't continue to find excuse fro other uncommon errors to justify our own common shortcomings.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by sherrylo: 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2008
Ima1 maybe your mum no qualify noww.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by beemex(m): 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2008
Hey guys, i really feel all of u, i really do. I feel those who believe that Nigeria is doomed and at the same time, i feel those who believe in the new Nigeria which happens to be what i believe in. Where else do we have except Nigeria? Yes things are not anywhere near what they should be but, is talking about these negativities and worrying ourselves about our corrupt governments the best we can do to help salvage this great nation? NO! I think that each and every one of us has a role to play no matter how little, we are the hope of a new Nigeria. Why don't we think up something or join a movement that seeks the betterment of Nigeria. Since a lot of people like myself are not born activists, we should get involved with things that portrays Nigeria positively, which is why i decided to pitch tent with a Magazine called, MOMENTUM. It is relatively a new one and though it has its thrust in Best Practices, Social Responsibility and Values, it reports only positive news since we have too much of prints feeding us the negative news. This Magazine talks about the good things that are being done in our country by individuals, corporate organisations, multi-nationals, NGOs, schools, Local communities and etc. In short, just about anybody or organisation that is giving back to the society in whatever little way.
So, if u think u r such a person who loves Nigeria so much and seeks better things for her, or u know someone or some organisation doing good and benchmarking Nigeria with countries abroad, be it in whatever field, Entertainment, Sports, Law, Medicine, Education and profession u can think of, just let us know through

www.momentumagazine.net
info@momentumagazine.net
momentummagazine@yahoo.com

And to have a better insight into what Momentum is really about, here is an attachment to help you. Thanks guys and let's keep the hope and passion burning for a new NIGERIA.

Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by beemex(m): 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2008
Blackcat i dey feel u die!!! Your are my kind of lady and i am right behind you. Anybody wey talk rubbish give u eh, just hala i go hear u anywhere wey i dey. Stupid people no mind them joo!
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by ima1(f): 5:56pm On Jul 03, 2008
sherry lo:

Ima1 maybe your mum no qualify noww.

please she qualified a long time ago, they kept making excuses, she doesn't even want the citizenship anymore, which is a good thing cuz if you can stay there for life, wats the need of a stupid citizenship, come to think of it have anyone asked themselves this question. "What has naija done for me" nothing.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by beemex(m): 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2008
ima1 if ur mom was asked to stay for life what else does she want, isn't that good enough for her? And u have the guts to call Nigeria, Naija a stupid country? How dare U? Do me a favour, if u are here in Nigeria, u better find another country and run to immediately, i would suggest Zimbabwe, Niger, Sudan, Iraq, Iran or Afghanistan where u will be treated the way u deserve u and ur black American mother, NONSENSE! make i catch u first tssssssstststststst
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by beemex(m): 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2008
Iluqunboy it's people like u and blackcat that i love to meet thumbs up for u guys, much love, i dey feel una die.

LONG LIVE NAIJA JOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by sherrylo: 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2008
Ima1 my dear,atleast Nigeria has given me a nationality.I am not a stateless person.Even though it is not organised atleast I have right somewhere.And I know many people from Malawi,Sudan,etc would give alot to become Nigerian.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by beemex(m): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2008
Nuzo or whatever u call urself, if u are a Chinese, i forgive u for ur stupid statements about Nigeria and by the way, WHAT ARE U DOING ON THIS FORUM? Didn't u get the name? NAIRALAND! not YUANLAND! But if u r a Nigerian, then u r the biggest MUFU i've ever come across and the most foolish and God will punish for ur statements. And for ur info, when Nigeria becomes a better place, there won't be space for trash like u. NONSENSE!!!!
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by LAKANYE(m): 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2008
[b]Eziachi

Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage
« #1 on: Yesterday at 04:52:59 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please tell your English wife that their refusal is a blessing for her in disguise. Why on earth does she want to be a Nigerian citizen? Have you introduced her to Sapele water or what that has turn her brain upside down? Many of us want to throw Nigerian citizenship into the River Niger if possible and someone is sane enough to want one. She can have mine if she is that desperate. I know blind Nigerian patriots will all come out of the wood works now and jump on my throat but they knew I am saying the truth.

But how many places do they travel with Nigerian passport if they has an alternative? Those useless people at the embassy that call themselves diplomats need their heads examined for refusing any willing lamb a citizenship of a yawaa country like Nigeria. This is what happen when you have a gworo chewing mallam as president, a junta bastard man as senate president, a former hungry teacher as vice president, a motor mouth as speaker and a nonentity of Ojo Nmaduekwe as foreign minister.

THIS IS MY KIND OF MAN, NAILING THE TRUTH IN THE HEAD.

I remembered in 1998, when I realized my Nigerian Passport was missing, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I was not really bothered about the missing passport, but just kept wondering who in hell wants to steal a Nigerian passport, FOR WHAT?? THAT GREEN PALI GETS YOU IN TROUBLE SO MUCH THAT YOU MAY WANT TO REFUSE IT WHEN THEY START SCREENING YOU AT AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FOR POCESSING A NIGERIAN PASSPORT.

PLEASE TELL YOUR WIFE A BIG "CONGRATULATIONS" FOR THE REFUSALS.
FUKK NIGERIAN PASSPORT MEN. ITS NOTHING BUT A BAIT OF SUSPICION.[/b]
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by BigB11(m): 6:46pm On Jul 03, 2008
Nuzo or whatever u call yourself, if u are a Chinese, i forgive u for your stupid statements about Nigeria and by the way, WHAT ARE You DOING ON THIS FORUM? Didn't u get the name? NAIRALAND! not YUANLAND! But if you're a Nigerian, then you're the biggest MUFU i've ever come across and the most foolish and God will punish for your statements. And for your info, when Nigeria becomes a better place, there won't be space for trash like u. NONSENSE!

My man, leave Nuzo alone.
He sells Toothpick and Handkerchiefs, and also looks down on anything that contributes to the progress of our great country.

I'm not sure if there is much to expect from this cat.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by deor03(m): 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2008
This is just the beginning.

People with obvious tribal marks ( 33, whiskers, etc) with ORANGE/BLUE ( or whatever the colour other than GREEN with eagle) will soon be denied entry visa into Nigeria; if they can't justify that they will return to their Cold.

Better seize the opportunity of this e-passport to try to get a Green passport because by year 2020, it might be easier for a camel to pass through a needle than for you to get a Nigerian green passport, visa

Abeg, let me go and check my Green pali under my bed before some Oyinbo boys steal it grin grin
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by ima1(f): 7:15pm On Jul 03, 2008
beemex:

ima1 if your mom was asked to stay for life what else does she want, isn't that good enough for her? And u have the guts to call Nigeria, Naija a stupid country? How dare You? Do me a favour, if u are here in Nigeria, u better find another country and run to immediately, i would suggest Zimbabwe, Niger, Sudan, Iraq, Iran or Afghanistan where u will be treated the way u deserve u and your black American mother, NONSENSE! make i catch u first tssssssstststststst

abey find hole enter jare, if i call my country stupid wetin come be your own, if you don't know wat to say just shut the Bleep up. i have the right to say watever i like about my own country abi na only you own the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Dances To 'Buga' Song At Lagos Women Support Walk For Tinubu (Video) / Sowore Criticises Tinubu For Not Attending The ICAN Conference (Video) / PDP Warns Nigerians To Disregard Results On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.