Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage (24376 Views)

Nigerian Citizenship Eligibility With Regard To Elected Offices / Nigerians Running For British Parliamentary Seats / Asari Dokubo Adopts Benin Republic, Dumps Nigerian Citizenship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by Fhemmmy: 4:55am On Dec 07, 2009
na2day?:

maybe u shld read oyinda's post and stop living in that myopic world of urs. it is not every1 that just goes to collect another nation's wealth, others like to just relate for a totally different reason and i got tons of folks i personally know that i can give to u as an example.

Beautifully said
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by na2day2(m): 4:56am On Dec 07, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Beautifully said

thnx wink wink wink
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by SEFAGO(m): 5:01am On Dec 07, 2009
it is not every1 that just goes to collect another nation's wealth, others like to just relate for a totally different reason and i got tons of folks i personally know that i can give to u as an example.

start by reading mine, and point out to where I said she was trying to collect the wealth of some nation. I was asking what the motive was, thats all i ma interested in. Agreed it might be visa fees and such but is that enough reason to give someone a passport. If she just wants to relate as you put it then I might as well get a US or Uk passport because i like British or American culture and really want to immerse myself in such.

I agree she has the right of a passport since she is married to a Nigerian. This is typically standard in most countries, but i am not asking about the legal aspects, I am asking about the personal one, and if its just a minor issue such as to totally relate, then why is her husband making such a big issue? If the husband is complaining about the inefficiency of the nigerian embassy in the Uk, then i will join him in complaining too because God knows i have seen hell in those god-forsaken places. But if he wants us to get teary-eyes about the fact that his wife brought up under butter and jam is unable to get a nigerian passport for a trifle reason like "to relate" and not something important like "to settle down and get used to her husbands culture for a couple of years" well he hasn't evoked any emotion from me.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by na2day2(m): 5:05am On Dec 07, 2009
SEFAGO:

start by reading mine, and point out to where I said she was trying to collect the wealth of some nation. I was asking what the motive was, thats all i ma interested in. Agreed it might be visa fees and such but is that enough reason to give someone a passport. If she just wants to relate as you put it then I might as well get a US or Uk passport because i like British or American culture and really want to immerse myself in such.

I agree she has the right of a passport since she is married to a Nigerian. This is typically standard in most countries, but i am not asking about the legal aspects, I am asking about the personal one, and if its just a minor issue such as to totally relate, then why is her husband making such a big issue? If the husband is complaining about the inefficiency of the nigerian embassy in the Uk, then i will join him in complaining too because God knows i have seen hell in those god-forsaken places. But if he wants us to get teary-eyes about the fact that his wife brought up under butter and jam is unable to get a nigerian passport for a trifle reason like "to relate" and not something important like "to settle down and get used to her husbands culture for a couple of years" well he hasn't evoked any emotion from me.

u asked what benefits can she get from nigeria since ppl get citizenship to get the benefits of that nation. i am clearing that up for u, some ppl get citizenship not for the benefits but to feel part of the country and contribute to that country, and like i said if u want me to give u examples, i will be glad to
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by oyinda3(f): 5:12am On Dec 07, 2009
I agree she has the right of a passport since she is married to a Nigerian. This is typically standard in most countries,

sefago, don't you think the above  is a personal/relational reason enough??  

and i don't think he was about to go jump over a bridge or anything. he was just shoked that there wasn't any provision for citizenship by marriage whereas, like you said, it is standard in most other countires. The OP is asking us nairalanders how to go about it/ getting citizenship for his wife.

to me, I sort of compare it to last name. when the wife takes the last name of the husband etc  tongue I dunno, if i'm married i would like to have his citizenship too.
I really don't know why she wants it either too though. but i'm guessing that's the primary reason. because otherwise, truth to be told, naija passport isn't really worth it  grin
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by SEFAGO(m): 5:17am On Dec 07, 2009
u asked what benefits can she get from nigeria since ppl get citizenship to get the benefits of that nation. i am clearing that up for u, some ppl get citizenship not for the benefits but to feel part of the country and contribute to that country, and like i said if u want me to give u examples, i will be glad to

agreed. no need for examples.

sefago, don't you think the above is a personal/relational reason enough?? Huh

and i don't think he was about to go jump over a bridge or anything. he was just shoked that there wasn't any provision for citizenship by marriage whereas, like you said, it is standard in most other countires. The OP is asking us nairalanders how to go about it/ getting citizenship for his wife.

to me, I sort of compare it to last name. when the wife takes the last name of the husband etc Tongue I dunno, if i'm married i would like to have his citizenship too.
I really don't know why she wants it either

agreed
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by Fhemmmy: 5:18am On Dec 07, 2009
Only someone without a brain will wanna take a citizenship of a nation that he/she thinks is a useless nation
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by Eogon(m): 8:07am On Jan 14, 2011
Hi people im from Ireland i spent three years of my youth in Nigeria,
a beautiful country, a different culture than mine, lovlely welcoming people even though i was different,
people that treated me as i was one of their own,
i had a look through some of the posts on this thread and was suprised at what some people were posting,
i was also suprised that this man had problems getting his wife Nigerian citizenship ,but then again i dont know Nigerian law,
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by omoharry(f): 4:00pm On May 21, 2012
Blackcat:

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shame on you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The next time I see you in my beloved country, you are DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You hear me DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  angry angry angry

And that goes for the rest of you animals out there insulting my father/mother's land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry

LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!!! grin
LONG LIVE LOYAL CITIZENS OF NIGERIA!!! grin
LONG LIVE AFRICA!!! grin
LONG LIVE THE BLACK RACE!!! grin
Thank you for teaching those brainless, unpatrotic and arrogant citizens how to be patrotic.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by noso2004: 9:59pm On May 21, 2012
" I have lived in US, UK, South Africa and visited many places in Africa, the caribbean and Asia but nowhere to me is like Nigeria. It is an organizational hell hole. It is chaos defined, a place where the typical inefficiencies you see in third world countries has reached a crescendo and hits you over and over again.

Nigeria is an experience if you want to see how dysfunctional a place can become with terrible government. No electricity at times, bad roads, lawless motorcycle riders all over the place, overpriced hotels, ugly buildings and corruption everywhere. Nigeria tests your endurance and your imagination and a lot of the scams you see coming out of there is what people have been reduced to doing in order to survive and get around the madness of the place.

Nigeria is worth visiting but just not worth living in. "

And that poster was being nice
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
So who has the official information on becoming a Nigerian?

Thanks.
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by Prevho: 8:30am On Oct 10, 2017
Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by GuntersChain(m): 9:56am On Oct 10, 2017
Nigeria is a beautiful country to stay and live in, if only you can become your own government by providing yourself with basic amenities like shelter, road, electricity,food and transportation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okorocha Spotted Buying Boiled Corn & Pear During Amakohia Road Inspection / Tinubu Handlers Should Stop Him From Reciting Quranic Verses - Jaafar / Drone Shots Of Atiku/Okowa Presidential Campaign In Zamfara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.