Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (612455 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by apple08(m): 11:44pm On Oct 15, 2013
well all i have to say is that, Chrigo is not trying to encourage oluwole docs, he's just saying if u tink they (Cdhc) doesnt verify anytin, then try and submit oluwole docs and see if u wont get banned for 10yrs as they specified.. Regarding this SOA issue, i was just thinking, most Docs we submit to cdhc is valid for only 3months including SOA, Police cert. Only our certificates are valid for life. Moreover my friend dat works in the bank categorically told me dat they just verify the SOA u submitted if its real or not, they have no right to check ur present accnt balance at that time as the bank or your accnt officer has no right to tell it to them. But wat i tink personally(just thinking personally) is that they just check the cash inflow and outflow in relation to the job of the account owner.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by apple08(m): 11:49pm On Oct 15, 2013
Also regarding if they check admission or not, i ask my school evry week if cdhc lagos nigeria has reached them to verify my admission or not, and they said no. we havnt heard anytin from them. See house, we really dont know how this people work, we are just guessing. And we will keep on guessing till we all get our TRV's.. Dat am sure about..Na BABA GOD sure pass. lets just be prayerfull dats all....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 11:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
apple08: Also regarding if they check admission or not, i ask my school evry week if cdhc lagos nigeria has reached them to verify my admission or not, and they said no. we havnt heard anytin from them. See house, we really dont know how this people work, we are just guessing. And we will keep on guessing till we all get our TRV's.. Dat am sure about..Na BABA GOD sure pass. lets just be prayerfull dats all....
....I love the way u came into this with proof....they have not yet contacted ur school but what if u submited online?.....lets hope they do to prove the sure boss right grin....onye my friend cant be wrong mba!! he's 100% sure biko...lol....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Homguy(m): 1:16am On Oct 16, 2013
Helo hauz! Tuale to all. I just graduated from pharmacy and in my service year. I dont want to further over there in canada but work instead. what are my chances of securing a job permit n permanent residence permit over there and procedure? I have made some research over this online bt a personal experience/guidance would really be appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by detolaa: 1:31am On Oct 16, 2013
Hello Nlanders, please U.S or Canada for graduate studies, which is better?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Canadidacy(m): 3:36am On Oct 16, 2013
detolaa: Hello Nlanders, please U.S or Canada for graduate studies, which is better?
It depends on you and what you want, but I'll advice you to follow the US thread &dis one, you'll get to knw that CANADA is cheap, ielts&gre etc not required and finally, canada has more visa success stories than their twin sister.
I hope the above info helps
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Canadidacy(m): 3:39am On Oct 16, 2013
Homguy: Helo hauz! Tuale to all. I just graduated from pharmacy and in my service year. I dont want to further over there in canada but work instead. what are my chances of securing a job permit n permanent residence permit over there and procedure? I have made some research over this online bt a personal experience/guidance would really be appreciated.

Homeboys abi na guy, you never get any working experience nah. Pls visit
Www.cic.gc.ca for more info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by solomonwis(m): 4:23am On Oct 16, 2013
Homguy: Helo hauz! Tuale to all. I just graduated from pharmacy and in my service year. I dont want to further over there in canada but work instead. what are my chances of securing a job permit n permanent residence permit over there and procedure? I have made some research over this online bt a personal experience/guidance would really be appreciated.

It is not totally impossible to secure a job in Canada but it is extremely difficult and demanding both on the job applicant and the would-be employer in Canada. This is moreso because your discipline is a regulated one in Canada. You'd have to be professionally certified to be able to work in Canada as a Pharmacist.

As it is now,your best bet is to search for vacancies online,verify the genuity of the employer,send in your application and wait until they are willing to go through the hassle of securing a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC {this is a prerequisite for securing a work permit}. The process is usually a long arduous one but it is worth it in the end if you are lucky to secure one.

I'd advise in the mean time for you to register with the body controlling the Pharmacy profession in Canada and understand the basic requirements for membership before you burn your candle at both ends.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ogbeozioma: 4:50am On Oct 16, 2013
Nuendo: heheheheehe. Oga earthgreeners I salute thee......About the cloth matter unless winnipeg no cold broda.. As for calgary, them say winter temperature dey reach -40 steady . Besides I still stand that all the clothes wey i buy from naija come here no dey effective. I gats pad up with sweater and confam jacket in order to be normal. Besides, I don go shop small here. I was spending more in naija when it comes to quality thick clothing. Probably cos or naija its not common to our climate and ppl dey see am as fashion. (eg. turtle necks are very scarce in naija) . meanwhile am so glad u made it bro.. Oluwa nod ey fail him boys. Congrats once again.

newfoundland when i dey go d living expense for one yr na $15k. E go makesense if i go with like $20k then hope to work to meet up 4 d other 2 yr? Pls reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HoraCanada(m): 6:57am On Oct 16, 2013
HoraCanada: Any current or new student of durham college in the house

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by seyidollar4real: 7:05am On Oct 16, 2013
sup guys, pls i will like to know if there has been any denial on this forum ever since the start of online application method. if any,why was the person denied visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 7:08am On Oct 16, 2013
Pls o guys... Where is the best place for medicals Ikoyi or VI and also,what is the time space (on average) btw med report and TRV collection Pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ExcellentV: 7:22am On Oct 16, 2013
Good morning house,been a silent follower of this thread and I must commend the good work of all the gurus in the house.@Chrisgo,Oga siga,kjbobo et al..Pls I need you to put me through the procedure on how to apply for admission for fall 2014.Going for Masters in Public Health.I would be grateful if you can help me with list of schools that offers the program with grants for graduate students.I graduated with a CGPA of 4.1.Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Anointed111: 7:32am On Oct 16, 2013
Hello house..l have a friend who was denied he would like to knw the procedures for re application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 7:47am On Oct 16, 2013
seyidollar4real: sup guys, pls i will like to know if there has been any denial on this forum ever since the start of online application method. if any,why was the person denied visa
....There are denials for online route on this forum....the reason for denial is the normal template dey dish out....not bonafide student,insufficient funds,not convinced u will come back after studies....pretty much same template as paper route....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HoraCanada(m): 7:54am On Oct 16, 2013
hw una see Durham College

I just got a LOA should I go ahead with the confirmation

Chrigo, kjbobo, earthgreeners et al pls I need replies
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 7:57am On Oct 16, 2013
Anointed111: Hello house..l have a friend who was denied he would like to knw the procedures for re application
......sorry about ur friend's delay....delay isnt denial....the procedure is to repackage and then resubmit just like he did when applying....if he wants to go online vist www.cic.gc.ca thats where the online route is been done....all he needs to do is generate a checklist code tru questionaire and download the neccesary forms and fill....the only thing that changes is to include his Previous application UCI No on the application form....he should also cover the loopholes in his previous application before reapplying so as to get it right this time.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Homguy(m): 8:06am On Oct 16, 2013
solomonwis:

It is not totally impossible to secure a job in Canada but it is extremely difficult and demanding both on the job applicant and the would-be employer in Canada. This is moreso because your discipline is a regulated one in Canada. You'd have to be professionally certified to be able to work in Canada as a Pharmacist.

As it is now,your best bet is to search for vacancies online,verify the genuity of the employer,send in your application and wait until they are willing to go through the hassle of securing a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC {this is a prerequisite for securing a work permit}. The process is usually a long arduous one but it is worth it in the end if you are lucky to secure one.

I'd advise in the mean time for you to register with the body controlling the Pharmacy profession in Canada and understand the basic requirements for membership before you burn your candle at both ends.
tanks dude
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Homguy(m): 8:08am On Oct 16, 2013
Canadidacy:

Homeboys abi na guy, you never get any working experience nah. Pls visit
Www.cic.gc.ca for more info.
guy work experience compulsory? Cant my internshp and service year count as work experience?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 8:11am On Oct 16, 2013
HoraCanada: hw una see Durham College

I just got a LOA should I go ahead with the confirmation

Chrigo, kjbobo, earthgreeners et al pls I need replies
....dont know about the school indepth but the school is part of the cdhc approved institution....if they offer u a better package interms of course and cost then u can go for it....please whats the duration of the course u're going for? Cuz a friend of mine found a course in that durham but na 8months duration course....just like 2chainz said in his previous post, he warned agains 8months course....he said 8months course isn't one year course so my man check am well....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HoraCanada(m): 8:32am On Oct 16, 2013
ChriGo: ....dont know about the school indepth but the school is part of the cdhc approved institution....if they offer u a better package interms of course and cost then u can go for it....please whats the duration of the course u're going for? Cuz a friend of mine found a course in that durham but na 8months duration course....just like 2chainz said in his previous post, he warned agains 8months course....he said 8months course isn't one year course so my man check am well....

D course duration is 2 semesters with intern
Anytin wrong with dat sir?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 8:33am On Oct 16, 2013
ExcellentV: Good morning house,been a silent follower of this thread and I must commend the good work of all the gurus in the house.@Chrisgo,Oga siga,kjbobo et al..Pls I need you to put me through the procedure on how to apply for admission for fall 2014.Going for Masters in Public Health.I would be grateful if you can help me with list of schools that offers the program with grants for graduate students.I graduated with a CGPA of 4.1.Thanks.
....Check university of lethbridge ...kjbobo is also in the same line as you....you can send him a PM he would put u tru....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 8:44am On Oct 16, 2013
HoraCanada:

D course duration is 2 semesters with intern
Anytin wrong with dat sir?
.....since its 2semester with intern then i guess thats 1yr course....phew!! 1yr course is good but do bear in mind that u would only be eligible for a 1yr work permit which isn't healthy enuff to bag a permanent residence permit.....you can go for the one yr course but after completion , u would have to go for another 1yr course to make 2yrs study intotal...then u would be eligible for a 3yrs postgrad work permit which is healthy enuff to bag a permanent residence....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 8:52am On Oct 16, 2013
Anointed111: Pls o guys... Where is the best place for medicals Ikoyi or VI and also,what is the time space (on average) btw med report and TRV collection Pls
......report has shown that asaju(VI) is taking the lead....Consultant practice(Ikoyi) too isn't bad grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nimakor: 8:55am On Oct 16, 2013
ExcellentV: Good morning house,been a silent follower of this thread and I must commend the good work of all the gurus in the house.@Chrisgo,Oga siga,kjbobo et al..Pls I need you to put me through the procedure on how to apply for admission for fall 2014.Going for Masters in Public Health.I would be grateful if you can help me with list of schools that offers the program with grants for graduate students.I graduated with a CGPA of 4.1.Thanks.

About 13 universities have Master in Public Health and/or allied programs. Some are online, some are classroom based. Some have specific concentrations while some dont. Most have practicum though-which is essential.
There are MPH and MSc tracks in a few of the universities.
In most cases funding is MSC public health...because it is research based... But there could still be opportunities for course based candidates/students.
So you would have to be specific.
Check out these schools UBC, SFU, MUN, Queens, Toronto,saskatchewan, and alberta.Mun has a one year program while the others a two years.
Obviously there are so many factors/features to consider, but check them out first then lets have your opinion/s.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 8:59am On Oct 16, 2013
detolaa: Hello Nlanders, please U.S or Canada for graduate studies, which is better?
....schoolwise only i would go for USA....but schoolwise and immgrationwise i would go for canada ten times over grin.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kjbobo: 9:07am On Oct 16, 2013
ChriGo: ....schoolwise only i would go for USA....but schoolwise and immgrationwise i would go for canada ten times over grin.....
Perfect

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kjbobo: 9:12am On Oct 16, 2013
Bros....A lot of schools are offering MPH in Canada and your g.p is competitive...and I will like to know if you have been working in health related field...you can try Uni of Lethbridge,uni of Alberta, among others....pls try Wikipedia results for list of universities in Canada.....and read through to make your choice.you can send me your email and I will send stuff on proposal you can use as outline to communicate with prospective supervisors.....
All the best

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kjbobo: 9:21am On Oct 16, 2013
@concept
Please I can't access the message you sent to me!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 9:23am On Oct 16, 2013
kjbobo:
Bros....A lot of schools are offering MPH in Canada and your g.p is competitive...and I will like to know if you have been working in health related field...you can try Uni of Lethbridge,uni of Alberta, among others....pls try Wikipedia results for list of universities in Canada.....and read through to make your choice.you can send me your email and I will send stuff on proposal you can use as outline to communicate with prospective supervisors.....
All the best
....Nice one oga mi, i knew u would come up with something useful...he should check this my most posted link for list of universities grin www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp .....@Nimakor nice one from u too.....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HoraCanada(m): 9:29am On Oct 16, 2013
ChriGo: .....since its 2semester with intern then i guess thats 1yr course....phew!! 1yr course is good but do bear in mind that u would only be eligible for a 1yr work permit which isn't healthy enuff to bag a permanent residence permit.....you can go for the one yr course but after completion , u would have to go for another 1yr course to make 2yrs study intotal...then u would be eligible for a 3yrs postgrad work permit which is healthy enuff to bag a permanent residence....
Ok. Thanks. I will have to weigh a lot things before my final decision

However, my intended sponsor(dad) is self employed (trader) deals in food stuffs and nt registered wit CAC and am aware that I have to show source of income
Please how will do that. Advise me

HOUSE make una contribute no matter how little
Success is Ours
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 10:04am On Oct 16, 2013
HoraCanada:
Ok. Thanks. I will have to weigh a lot things before my final decision

However, my intended sponsor(dad) is self employed (trader) deals in food stuffs and nt registered wit CAC and am aware that I have to show source of income
Please how will do that. Advise me

HOUSE make una contribute no matter how little
Success is Ours
....This is kinda hard sha....i believe cdch likes to see proof of source of income...even if u have 50m in ur acctn without proof of source of income they might frown at it....thats why u see some peeps who used SOA of 2m or 3m getting visa cuz they were able to show source of income....since u said ur dad is a trader, he should have records of his sales e.g reciept and such...try as much as possible to attach enuff sales reciept with ur application to prove source of income.....when i mean reciept i mean those old dirty reciepts grin so as not to make it seem like u're forming reciept oo....u can also submit his traders association certificate.....i know traders do have association....the cert of him been in that association should also be attached to ur visa application.....i hope dis my opinion wont be crucified again *Chrigo expecting critics*.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.