Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,400 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (611752 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 1:00am On Nov 23, 2013
chidimma1: Nairalander, pls i need ur opinion concerning this length of program and post study visa, I am going in for a one year masters program after which i intend going in for my phd, is it possible extending my stay from canny land for the phd, and if so, after the phd do i stand any chance of securing visa for further stay.

you have the PhD stream and the Provincial Nominee option as a PhD holder
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 1:04am On Nov 23, 2013
Siga: ^^^ Stop scaring people … its very [b]warm here guys…. grin grin [/b]

Its truely warm, dats why u need to wear warm clothings..if it was cold , u wld need cold clothings
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 1:11am On Nov 23, 2013
ChriGo: ....What kinda job?...If na Fishery jobs i bet newfoundland go bam...but if na oil and gas jobs then Alberta....if na Info tech jobs anywhere in Canada will do grin....

There are no jobs everywhere in Canada, and there are jobs everywhere.... The only difference is that career prospects varies with Province.. u are most likely -as an Engineer -to get a job in Alberta, Ontario, Saskatchewan and BC...but dat doesnt tie ur destiny to the province

What you read on paper are often different from what is obtainable...... have you ever wonder why some entry level grads earn more than an academic Professor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kelly4top: 1:19am On Nov 23, 2013
earthgreeners:

Its a nice place... they gat Oil like Alberta and BC, their economy is reasonable... Saskatchwean is on the Prairie; just like Manitoba and Alberta, so expect some windchill in winter... Spencer is studying in Saskatchewan..and I also have a good friend out there

What of Memorial University Newfoundland?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nimakor: 1:24am On Nov 23, 2013
Dearest House, I just got the below response from a potential supervisor.
It reads ''Would you require scholarship or stipend funding to cover personal living expenses and tuition? Please send me your CV.''
I would like to know what the 'politically correct' respense should be. I will appreciate any contribution.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 1:29am On Nov 23, 2013
Nimakor: Dearest House, I just got the below response from a potential supervisor.
It reads ''Would you require scholarship or stipend funding to cover personal living expenses and tuition? Please send me your CV.''
I would like to know what the 'politically correct' respense should be. I will appreciate any contribution.

Thanks.
…What other politically correct response do u need than to say YES and wire ur CV …

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nimakor: 1:37am On Nov 23, 2013
Siga: …What other politically correct response do u need than to say YES and wire ur CV …

Hahaha. Oga Siga! I am just trying not to blow this rare opportunity (It LOOKS LIKE A TRAP/DECOY). I have gone through a great deal of trouble to get here.

Thank you bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 1:55am On Nov 23, 2013
Nimakor:

Hahaha. Oga Siga! I am just trying not to blow this rare opportunity (It LOOKS LIKE A TRAP/DECOY). I have gone through a great deal of trouble to get here.

Thank you bro.
…No… why would they wanna set a trap for u … its all good..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Fhemmmy: 1:57am On Nov 23, 2013
Siga: …No… why would they wanna set a trap for u … its all good..

Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by waleswizzy: 3:12am On Nov 23, 2013
i did my medicals 4th of this month

Ambeyh: congrats bro where and when did u do ur medics mine dey come soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 3:21am On Nov 23, 2013
Nimakor: Dearest House, I just got the below response from a potential supervisor.

Thanks.

Say Yes in a stylish way...don't just type YES as a response... tell him/ her how important it would be to get funding for your study, dont make it sound as if u r 100% dependent on the stipends....also indicate that u intend to apply for so so and so scholarship
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 3:22am On Nov 23, 2013
kelly4top: What of Memorial University Newfoundland?

I no sabi person for Memorial at all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kjbobo: 3:52am On Nov 23, 2013
kclexa:

Kia kjbobo, you just dey pour hot coaltar for this injury. Well sha britiko done provide first help, I sure say more go come.
By the way am heading to Concordia in Edmonton and I hear say una Lethbridge dey use our campus at times. U join them?
Nope....I am in health sciences....Msc,...I think its undergrad....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 6:23am On Nov 23, 2013

Thanks.

I got a similar reply from a professor I wrote to @ Mcmaster Uni sometime in april...she asked me..."Do you have external funding or the possibility to apply for scholarship from your home
government?"...
I replied her "My parents have already concluded the necessary arrangements to cater for my expenses. In addition, I also intend to apply for external funding/scholarship opportunities which I am optimistic of getting a favorable consideration based on my academic performance".
She replied back,"Unfortunately, I am not accepting new students right now and I cannot take students without funding. There is, however, an MEng program at McMaster that takes students for more course-based work and does not require funding. I do not take students through this program but other professors in Chemical Engineering do.
My people, that was how I lost out in the bidding process...

I advise you you answer him a big YES and further sell ur skills and qualifications to him to convince him that even if he has only one chance for a graduate student, that you're best fit to be given the opportunity...

Have in mind that all they care for is a good RETURN ON INVESTMENT by recruiting the best out there and not based on self pity or sentiment...
In the words of DON CORLEONE the GODFATHER, "IT IS BUSINESS NOT PERSONAL"
I wish you the best of lucks.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BrizzyA(m): 7:17am On Nov 23, 2013
House please why isn't any1 talking bout goin to SFU? Isn't it a good skul?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 7:34am On Nov 23, 2013
nicemax:

PRAYER, PERSISTENCE AND RESILIENCE. gringrin
....Nicemax na wa for you ooo....You know the tradition na....if i offer u $50000 for listing your documents am sure you wouldn't say the above grin....you go list am one time....lol...haba!! list the docx make others wey dey ur shoes benefit from it....Tell the house what you did different in making your 2nd Application a success....Nicemax Fia bagi Lampa tu ooo...lol.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ambeyh(m): 7:37am On Nov 23, 2013
waleswizzy: i did my medicals 4th of this month

at where precisely
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 23, 2013
Kunsoft: Sneeze! i greet una ooo. Chirgogo, Nicemax, GH, Xtus et al. I'm just Passing by ni

Ol' boy,how far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by waleswizzy: 7:54am On Nov 23, 2013
Asaju it takes 1-2 weeks for your result to get to the embasy mine took 2 weeks

Ambeyh: at where precisely
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by marksum: 8:04am On Nov 23, 2013
earthgreeners:

you have the PhD stream and the Provincial Nominee option as a PhD holder
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ambeyh(m): 8:06am On Nov 23, 2013
waleswizzy: Asaju it takes 1-2 weeks for your result to get to the embasy mine took 2 weeks

if asaju do tak 2 weeks children practice fit take 1 whole month
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 23, 2013
[quote author=marksum][/quote]

Yeah if you are in year two of your PhD or graduated with a PhD within the last two years in Canada and no agreements/conditions of going back to your country.......you can apply for your PR.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ambeyh(m): 8:23am On Nov 23, 2013
Was any body snt to do a genotype tst at Asaju med clinic
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 9:19am On Nov 23, 2013
Ambeyh: if asaju do tak 2 weeks children practice fit take 1 whole month
.....did mine at CP ....mine took 13days bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by flaiboy: 9:25am On Nov 23, 2013
For those looking forward to working off-campus come January 2014, I think this will interest u http://uwindsorlance.ca/2013/09/28/working-off-campus-may-get-easier-for-international-students/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 9:27am On Nov 23, 2013
kjbobo:
Nope....I am in health sciences....Msc,.I think its undergrad....

No wahala whether undergrad or abovegrad, it shows the two schools are associates.

Well sha am coming in for Msc in information security systems management, so I go dey consult you for health care tips. Chikine
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 9:33am On Nov 23, 2013
kclexa:

No wahala whether undergrad or abovegrad, it shows the two schools are associates.

Well sha am coming in for Msc in information security systems management, so I go dey consult you for health care tips. Chikine
.....Na me go hack ur system at last ......mr info security grin......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nimakor: 9:34am On Nov 23, 2013
Thanks to everyone. especially Oga siga, Earthgreeners and Onye Oma.
I will certainly synthesize these ideas and hopefully it will come off.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 9:35am On Nov 23, 2013
ChriGo: .....did mine at CP ....mine took 13days bro...

Thank you my brother, CP dey try too. Aww we done too yab them for NLand.

I did mine at CP and to be sincere I prefer their environment 100% compared to Asuja. I believe the crowd they attend to daily is what delays the result at times. American Embassy use CP and you need see crowd from America embassy, its like 6 usa applicant to 1 canadian applicant.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 9:38am On Nov 23, 2013
ChriGo: .....Na me go hack ur system at last ......mr info security grin......

Lol...No worries I no go use computer tools defend your hack, na personally and physically I go confront you grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 10:08am On Nov 23, 2013
kclexa:

Thank you my brother, CP dey try too. Aww we done too yab them for NLand.

I did mine at CP and to be sincere I prefer their environment 100% compared to Asuja. I believe the crowd they attend to daily is what delays the result at times. American Embassy use CP and you need see crowd from America embassy, its like 6 usa applicant to 1 canadian applicant.
....yes ooo USA applicants much die....and na 12k dem dey pay for dia own medics.....Canada dey charge us 28k....na wa oooo.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Kunsoft(m): 10:26am On Nov 23, 2013
ferdimako:

Ol' boy,how far?

@Ferdimako i dey ooo how are you doing too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.