Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,129 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610672 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
gentpeace: pls i need the gurus in this house to help me go through my study plan,miss bon ,slimdel amefrica ,pls kindly tell me the email to send to

Your question exactly?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gentpeace: 9:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
Amefrica:

Your question exactly?
i want to send my SOP to your email so u help me go through it and kindly assist me in any corrections i need to make
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Patdeka(f): 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
tokiniofficial:

University of Manitoba

Tokini I really don't tink so..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
God go do am for boys.. Medical call in a bit

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chichi89(f): 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
luvly3:

Hi,
They sent me a mail that my processed passport has been dispatched twice at 1 week interval, the 2nd mail actually meant that my docs arrived at vfs Lagos because I called them(vfs) and was told d passport just got to them...
Ookay. Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
gentpeace: i want to send my SOP to your email so u help me go through it and kindly assist me in any corrections i need to make

I've replied your PM!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
Chris Viral

I dey wait your good news with my mouth opened oo!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tokiniofficial(m): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
Manitoba is for serious minded student, their programs both from undergraduate to PHD level is core focused on intense research, tuition fee is competitive too, though the environment like I heard is just extra cold

Patdeka:

Tokini I really don't tink so..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tokiniofficial(m): 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
Abeg send me d number So dat me too go call dem,am tired of waiting without knowing wat to do

luvly3:

Hi,
They sent me a mail that my processed passport has been dispatched twice at 1 week interval, the 2nd mail actually meant that my docs arrived at vfs Lagos because I called them(vfs) and was told d passport just got to them...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by eromzzz: 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hello house, please I need you help regarding tuition payment.

Who here understands clearly how the International Wire Transfer works via Western Union ??

Or if there is another cost effective method asides online card transfer??

Thank you smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
grin grin grin
harkinhola: Instead of flogging the guy, why don't you see it from the angle of him being ignorant. The more reason why we should appreciate Nairaland and the People on this thread that devotes their time and energy to help others so they don't fall prey to some so called agents.

The agent is a fraud no doubt, but seriously, we should begin to appreciate the selfless people on this thread more..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
grin grin kiss
Jijola: Check Memorial University of Newfoundland, Brandon University, Canadian Menonnite University, and University of Prince Edward Island.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gentpeace: 10:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
Amefrica:

I've replied your PM!
Hope uve gotten it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
eromzzz: Hello house, please I need you help regarding tuition payment.

Who here understands clearly how the International Wire Transfer works via Western Union ??

Thank you smiley

Do you have a dorm account?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
gentpeace:
Hope uve gotten it?

Replied!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Patdeka(f): 10:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
tokiniofficial: Manitoba is for serious minded student, their programs both from undergraduate to PHD level is core focused on intense research, tuition fee is competitive too, though the environment like I heard is just extra cold

My sentiments exactly. Why did u then suggest it as one of the cheapest schools to apply? check ur previous response to a post and modify biko.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gentpeace: 10:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
Amefrica:

Replied!
k.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by pyhz: 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2014

Thank you smiley
International wire transfer thru western union is nt acceptable within the nigerian banking system. Its jz like western union whr nigeria are banned from sending out money to other countries.
Therefore, this means of payment is nt available for use in the country!

The most cost effective payment system is thru the use of ur debit mastercard/visa atm card.
With this, u can b rest assured that ur transaction will b carried out with the international exchange rate of the currency u want. So favourable exchange rate n no bank charges are y this is the best payment option.

Another payment mode is thru the use of ur dollar domiciliary account, bt I'll advise u to run from this payment option as the bank charges n currency exchange rates will scatter ur head.
Moreover the cost of maintaining ur domiciliary acct is another reason u shud run from this payment method.
To get a gtb dollar acct atm will cost u $60 (N10320) compare to a naira atn card whc will cost u 1k pere.

So thr u have it all! Pick the one u prefer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by toucheli(m): 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
tokiniofficial: Manitoba is for serious minded student, their programs both from undergraduate to PHD level is core focused on intense research, tuition fee is competitive too, though the environment like I heard is just extra cold

Sorry to chip in i hope you don't mind, Everything about Manitoba(university of Manitoba) is competitive, Last week they was a protest by the international student with regards to the engineering faculty G.p.a entering requirement, for international student it is 4.0 but for the indigenous students it is 2.0, but for other faculty i think its fair enough. And over here Plagiarism is at is peak; copying friends work or presenting a research without proper citations, is a big offense with sever consequences. in the case of the weather, during winter it real get bad, last winter it went as low as -50d and that was a recored in wether report, but in the summer, apparently it looks hot but still feels cold, i mean sunlight with cold wind, and also the mosquitoes during the summer is bloody and big in size, but the good thing is that the mosquitoes don't give malaria not even a lil. getting a part-time job isn't real hard and at the same time i wont say easy, because the ones you will easily find gets to be very heavy, such as; painting, bricklaying and for ladies shop attendance and cleaners, and you get the min of $10-max of $15 an hour, depending. feeding, food could be cheap and also very expensive depending on your taste and what you define as been expensive. some times i buy a plate of 9ja gari and egusi soup for $17+tax and i regard it to be expensive. often times i'll invest in some chinese fried rice and chicken for $9+tax. A carton of Indomie noodles shere is around $34 or more, most times i invest on a carton of No name(brand name) noodles for $4. and keep it most times on vegitarian meals as it's way cheaper compered to regular eating of meat. It all depends on your pattern of doing things. I google and compere prices even before buying a can of sardens, yes offcourse i know i'm cheap and i wish you well.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Finestlex(m): 11:22pm On Jul 21, 2014
toucheli:
Sorry to chip in i hope you don't mind, Everything about Manitoba(university of Manitoba) is competitive, Last week they was a protest by the international student with regards to the engineering faculty G.p.a entering requirement, for international student it is 4.0 but for the indigenous students it is 2.0, but for other faculty i think its fair enough. And over here Plagiarism is at is peak; copying friends work or presenting a research without proper citations, is a big offense with sever consequences. in the case of the weather, during winter it real get bad, last winter it went as low as -50d and that was a recored in wether report, but in the summer, apparently it looks hot but still feels cold, i mean sunlight with cold wind, and also the mosquitoes during the summer is bloody and big in size, but the good thing is that the mosquitoes don't give malaria not even a lil. getting a part-time job isn't real hard and at the same time i wont say easy, because the ones you will easily find gets to be very heavy, such as; painting, bricklaying and for ladies shop attendance and cleaners, and you get the min of $10-max of $15 an hour, depending. feeding, food could be cheap and also very expensive depending on your taste and what you define as been expensive. some times i buy a plate of 9ja gari and egusi soup for $17+tax and i regard it to be expensive. often times i'll invest in some chinese fried rice and chicken for $9+tax. A carton of Indomie noodles shere is around $34 or more, most times i invest on a carton of No name(brand name) noodles for $4. and keep it most times on vegitarian meals as it's way cheaper compered to regular eating of meat. It all depends on your pattern of doing things. I google and compere prices even before buying a can of sardens, yes offcourse i know i'm cheap and i wish you well.
. Only you na bad guyS.. minimizing cost and maximizing profit.. Karl Max.. nice one. Mosquitoes again for Canada? Which kind thing be this !!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
Finestlex: . Only you na bad guyS.. minimizing cost and maximizing profit.. Karl Max.. nice one. Mosquitoes again for Canada? Which kind thing be this !!

You never know? grin They don't survive during winters tho..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Finestlex(m): 11:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
Amefrica:

You never know? grin They don't survive during winters tho..
I so hate mosquitoes. Never knew they'd be in better countries.. if man can survive in naija all his life, #dadalonsele
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by toucheli(m): 11:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
Finestlex: . Only you na bad guyS.. minimizing cost and maximizing profit.. Karl Max.. nice one. Mosquitoes again for Canada? Which kind thing be this !!
LoL, bros canada tax no be here o. i won't say Mosquitoes in "Canada", but mosquitoes in winnipeg are two times the size of the mosquitoes in 9ja, but there are two good things i about it, 1. they DON'T give Malaria or what so ever. 2. They don't pack into your house, class or workplace to bite, you only find them outside(most times in the dark)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ambeyh(m): 11:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
gavinmensah: Plz. Someone shuld find kinsolve for cheap flight for me cry or il go to canny by sea
try use Emirates Air tho it's a gonna be a long journey for you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Finestlex(m): 11:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
toucheli:
LoL, bros canada tax no be here o. i won't say Mosquitoes in "Canada", but mosquitoes in winnipeg are two times the size of the mosquitoes in 9ja, but there are two good things i about it, 1. they DON'T give Malaria or what so ever. 2. They don't pack into your house, class or workplace to bite, you only find them outside(most times in the dark)
oh yeah.. hmmmm.. sign of relief.. as for the tax.. never been outside naija but am pretty sure people in London would pay more tax.. God will surely perfect his plans for us all... Amen. #Senecacollegealltheway
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
Finestlex: I so hate mosquitoes. Never knew they'd be in better countries.. if man can survive in naija all his life, #dadalonsele

Omoh, guy. Some mosquitoes dey here wey be choristers. Dem fit sing to ur hear like crase! Na automatic insomnia for person like me embarassed

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by parisbluefox: 11:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
U dont need a Dorm account. Just go to ur bank and tell them u want to pay ur fees using Form A. take ur admission letter and passport wit u

Thank you smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by drunkenmaster: 11:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
drunkenmaster: Hi,

Kindly assist me on this issue..Based on the time lag and difficulties that is associated with transcripts collection, is it possible for me to secure admission using notarized copies of my credentials pending the time the school gets my transcripts. Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lassky(m): 12:00am On Jul 22, 2014
toucheli:
hope they don't bite embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Finestlex(m): 12:03am On Jul 22, 2014
Amefrica:

Omoh, guy. Some mosquitoes dey here wey be choristers. Dem fit sing to ur hear like crase! Na automatic insomnia for person like me embarassed
hope the "here" you're talking of is IBtown.. ? I'm tired of treating malaria.. baba, I'm still waiting for your good news..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by toucheli(m): 12:10am On Jul 22, 2014

Thank you smiley
In a literal sense, You must have a domiciliary account to make an international transfer, but however, there is an exception to the rule. which is, if you want to make a tuition payment to a foreign school. All you need to do is to get an Invoice of the amount you need to pay, and that's basically all. In most cases, The invoice is attached to your letter of offer, but if not so, you should email the school and ask for a tuition invoice. If you have the Invoice go straight to any First-bank, you should be able to make the the wire-transfer even from a Savings account with no stress, the bank will only request for the following; Letter of offer, passport, the invoice and ask you to fill a form or two so simple, don't let people make it look difficult because it isn't. you don't need to use any dom account, western union or Visa/Master card what so ever. All you need is the school fees invoice from the school, go to any bank and ask, but i can vividly remember i used First-bank savings account to make tuition payment and it went smoothly, it only took 3-4 working days i think. i hope this helps.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.