Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610695 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 22, 2014
Finestlex: hope the "here" you're talking of is IBtown.. ? I'm tired of treating malaria.. baba, I'm still waiting for your good news..

I beg your pardon?! You meant to say IBcity not town grin grin which good news exactly you dey wait brof?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by toucheli(m): 12:15am On Jul 22, 2014
Finestlex: oh yeah.. hmmmm.. sign of relief.. as for the tax.. never been outside naija but am pretty sure people in London would pay more tax.. God will surely perfect his plans for us all... Amen. #Senecacollegealltheway
i pretty much cant tell about those in london, but Canada's tax is more than that of u.s.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by toucheli(m): 12:19am On Jul 22, 2014
lassky: hope they don't bite embarassed
they bite with big Proboscis without sympathy, but maybe they use condoms, which is why you don't get infected with malaria.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Finestlex(m): 12:20am On Jul 22, 2014
Amefrica:

I beg your pardon?! You meant to say IBcity not town grin grin which good news exactly you dey wait brof?
I meant IBcity, ema binu... your trv.. or am I outdated?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Finestlex(m): 12:22am On Jul 22, 2014
toucheli:
i pretty much cant tell about those in london, but Canada's tax is more than that of u.s.
no long thing. God dey
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by toucheli(m): 12:25am On Jul 22, 2014
Just passing by, thought to say hi.. wish y'll success in all endeavors...#MrChurch_was_here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 22, 2014
Finestlex: I meant IBcity, ema binu... your trv.. or am I outdated?
LOL! Outdated much..

I got passport request on friday! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Finestlex(m): 12:42am On Jul 22, 2014
Amefrica: LOL! Outdated much..

I'm still on the loop.. waiting for you to get it and declare to the building. Phyz and I submitted same day and got it the next two days
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Finestlex(m): 12:45am On Jul 22, 2014
Amefrica: LOL! Outdated much..

nice one Bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 22, 2014
Finestlex: I'm still on the loop.. waiting for you to get it and declare to the building. Phyz and I submitted same day and got it the next two days

Wow! Submitted mine yesterday tho. cheesy I should get it tomorrow niyen!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Finestlex(m): 12:53am On Jul 22, 2014
Amefrica:

Wow! Submitted mine yesterday tho. cheesy I should get it tomorrow niyen!
we submitted at embassy directly o..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 22, 2014
Finestlex: we submitted at embassy directly o..

Na vfs I submit, shaa!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Holu26: 3:38am On Jul 22, 2014
Hello huz,

For my online application, do I need to fill IMM 5257 form (application for trv form) because it is not listed as one of d forms I should submit?

Someone should help plz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kingsolve(m): 3:42am On Jul 22, 2014
luvly3:

How was your experience wit Egypt air, I booked 1 way biz. via waka now and was issued my e ticket without any questions asked..
My experience was lovely, I so much enjoyed the flight attendants, especially for the second flight which is for 11hrs on boeing 777. Awesome experience my dear!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kingsolve(m): 3:43am On Jul 22, 2014
Slimdel: That means a work permit wasn't issued to u chai this is serious
Yea the authority wud be given later after one is well registered in d school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vinnygod: 4:42am On Jul 22, 2014
Holu26: Hello huz,

For my online application, do I need to fill IMM 5257 form (application for trv form) because it is not listed as one of d forms I should submit?

Someone should help plz
Trv is what guaranteed you a study permit and nigeria is among the countries that requires trv to enter canada so in excess without a legal status u have no right or wat so ever to study in canny therefore is a must fill form for your application..hope it helps
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kjbobo: 6:24am On Jul 22, 2014
toucheli:
Total taxes in Canada vary based on province..so you can't generalize Canada being more than U.S....for instance,Alberta is 5% as compared to 13% in Ontario or 15% in Nova Scotia

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tokiniofficial(m): 7:13am On Jul 22, 2014
The protest was a fair thing, and i read it too and saw pictures. I've joined the Nigerian online manitoba community on facebook, so am not countering you but I think it's same thing everywhere even here in uniport, they consider the ikwerri peeps first something like a quota for the indigenous people before others are considered.
The fees Rivers indigence pay as tuition fee is different from non indigence, So protesting isn't a bad thing. Ottawa Ontario BC vancouver etc are all mega and popular cities compared to Manitoba, so the fees is slightly less competitive.

toucheli:
Sorry to chip in i hope you don't mind, Everything about Manitoba(university of Manitoba) is competitive, Last week they was a protest by the international student with regards to the engineering faculty G.p.a entering requirement, for international student it is 4.0 but for the indigenous students it is 2.0, but for other faculty i think its fair enough. And over here Plagiarism is at is peak; copying friends work or presenting a research without proper citations, is a big offense with sever consequences. in the case of the weather, during winter it real get bad, last winter it went as low as -50d and that was a recored in wether report, but in the summer, apparently it looks hot but still feels cold, i mean sunlight with cold wind, and also the mosquitoes during the summer is bloody and big in size, but the good thing is that the mosquitoes don't give malaria not even a lil. getting a part-time job isn't real hard and at the same time i wont say easy, because the ones you will easily find gets to be very heavy, such as; painting, bricklaying and for ladies shop attendance and cleaners, and you get the min of $10-max of $15 an hour, depending. feeding, food could be cheap and also very expensive depending on your taste and what you define as been expensive. some times i buy a plate of 9ja gari and egusi soup for $17+tax and i regard it to be expensive. often times i'll invest in some chinese fried rice and chicken for $9+tax. A carton of Indomie noodles shere is around $34 or more, most times i invest on a carton of No name(brand name) noodles for $4. and keep it most times on vegitarian meals as it's way cheaper compered to regular eating of meat. It all depends on your pattern of doing things. I google and compere prices even before buying a can of sardens, yes offcourse i know i'm cheap and i wish you well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by luvly3(f): 7:26am On Jul 22, 2014
tokiniofficial: Abeg send me d number So dat me too go call dem,am tired of waiting without knowing wat to do

Hi, Sorry I don't have the number anymore, u can get it on vfs website via Google...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by luvly3(f): 7:35am On Jul 22, 2014
tokiniofficial: The protest was a fair thing, and i read it too and saw pictures. I've joined the Nigerian online manitoba community on facebook, so am not countering you but I think it's same thing everywhere even here in uniport, they consider the ikwerri peeps first something like a quota for the indigenous people before others are considered.
The fees Rivers indigence pay as tuition fee is different from non indigence, So protesting isn't a bad thing. Ottawa Ontario BC vancouver etc are all mega and popular cities compared to Manitoba, so the fees is slightly less competitive.

Hmmm Unique Uniport greetings!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tokiniofficial(m): 7:36am On Jul 22, 2014
I tried calling the one on the receipt I was given after my biometrics but they are not picking and I've sent emails but no replies yet. Good morning

luvly3:

Hi, Sorry I don't have the number anymore, u can get it on vfs website via Google...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tokiniofficial(m): 7:38am On Jul 22, 2014
Lol... u finished from Uniport??

luvly3:

Hmmm Unique Uniport greetings!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lassky(m): 7:46am On Jul 22, 2014
anxiously counting days..i have to take over dose of chill pills embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 22, 2014
Ok, so no one is going to University of Prince Edward Island --- shey someone wey dey go Holland College dey?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 22, 2014
lassky: anxiously counting days..i have to take over dose of chill pills embarassed

Relax! grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chichi89(f): 8:06am On Jul 22, 2014
Amefrica: Ok, so no one is going to University of Prince Edward Island --- shey someone wey dey go Holland College dey?
LoLoLoL I kuku don see person wey dey go waterloo,though a different university but on the same street,just blocks away. I wish you luck. Otunba of PEI tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 22, 2014
chichi89: LoLoLoL I kuku don see person wey dey go waterloo,though a different university but on the same street,just blocks away. I wish you luck. Otunba of PEI tongue

Good for you! angry

Not as bad as you think, I sure will see. tongue embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tillfinity: 8:38am On Jul 22, 2014
Oga o... So nobody dey go Georgian college angry sad Be like say na only waka come o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chichi89(f): 8:47am On Jul 22, 2014
That vfs helpline no. just finished my small call credit and I didn't get to speak with anyone! angry @tokiniofficial track your passport,what does it say? As at yday I saw dispatched on 16th but this morning it changed to dispatched on 22nd (today)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chichi89(f): 8:49am On Jul 22, 2014
tillfinity: Oga o... So nobody dey go Georgian college angry sad Be like say na only waka come o
Lol cheesy tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.