Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (608719 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by eromzzz: 9:25am On Jul 22, 2014
toucheli:
In a literal sense, You must have a domiciliary account to make an international transfer, but however, there is an exception to the rule. which is, if you want to make a tuition payment to a foreign school. All you need to do is to get an Invoice of the amount you need to pay, and that's basically all. In most cases, The invoice is attached to your letter of offer, but if not so, you should email the school and ask for a tuition invoice. If you have the Invoice go straight to any First-bank, you should be able to make the the wire-transfer even from a Savings account with no stress, the bank will only request for the following; Letter of offer, passport, the invoice and ask you to fill a form or two so simple, don't let people make it look difficult because it isn't. you don't need to use any dom account, western union or Visa/Master card what so ever. All you need is the school fees invoice from the school, go to any bank and ask, but i can vividly remember i used First-bank savings account to make tuition payment and it went smoothly, it only took 3-4 working days i think. i hope this helps.

@toucheli Thanks so much, Am gonna mail the school to this effect. and let you know what wats up smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by eromzzz: 9:27am On Jul 22, 2014
parisbluefox: U dont need a Dorm account. Just go to ur bank and tell them u want to pay ur fees using Form A. take ur admission letter and passport wit u

Thank you, is this method similar to invoice method @toucheli mentioned ??

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by eromzzz: 9:32am On Jul 22, 2014
pyhz:
International wire transfer thru western union is nt acceptable within the nigerian banking system. Its jz like western union whr nigeria are banned from sending out money to other countries.
Therefore, this means of payment is nt available for use in the country!

The most cost effective payment system is thru the use of ur debit mastercard/visa atm card.
With this, u can b rest assured that ur transaction will b carried out with the international exchange rate of the currency u want. So favourable exchange rate n no bank charges are y this is the best payment option.

Another payment mode is thru the use of ur dollar domiciliary account, bt I'll advise u to run from this payment option as the bank charges n currency exchange rates will scatter ur head.
Moreover the cost of maintaining ur domiciliary acct is another reason u shud run from this payment method.
To get a gtb dollar acct atm will cost u $60 (N10320) compare to a naira atn card whc will cost u 1k pere.

So thr u have it all! Pick the one u prefer

@pyhz thanks for your detailed response. however, my school only accepts MasterCard payment but with a transaction cost of 1.96% of total amount. Am sure this fee might be strange to you??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by eromzzz: 9:33am On Jul 22, 2014
Amefrica:

Do you have a dorm account?

Bro, I don't have. I hope not to go through all that procedure.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tokiniofficial(m): 9:47am On Jul 22, 2014
Hahahahaha, ma dear I got same mail this morning.... dunno what I'll do, it's like nobody in the house have experienced something like this?

chichi89: That vfs helpline no. just finished my small call credit and I didn't get to speak with anyone! angry @tokiniofficial track your passport,what does it say? As at yday I saw dispatched on 16th but this morning it changed to dispatched on 22nd (today)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 22, 2014
What's wrong with mohawk?why are they sending mails to my house that I should like their facebook page when we have no businessand they sent me an email to pay their fees; say weitin happen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by bato231: 10:30am On Jul 22, 2014
It all depends on where your visa is being processed. If GHANA, you ref number will start from GHAN bla bla

You should always check your email for update from the ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca & Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre" <Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca for your medical instruction

After your medicals, if your application is successful you will get an email from Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre" <Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca stating your visa has been approved.

Few weeks later, you will receive the final email from vfs for passport pick up.

NOTE: if you do not pass through these stages and your status indicates "it has been dispatched to vfs" its likely your visa application wasn't successful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 22, 2014
Finally, my passport has been requested for! Thank God ohh! Thank you all for your very helpful posts, God bless y'all.

P.S. Anyone going to or via Montreal August 19th?

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by parisbluefox: 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
Yes it is.

[quote author=eromzzz][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Divalavender(f): 12:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
I'm new to nairaland , Hello house!!. I need you advice please, I submitted an application on the 12th of may by paper route for a study visa , and up till this moment , I haven't heard nor recieved my medicals , and the school date is on d 7th of sept . My status still shows that my application is bein processed . What do you all think? embarassed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Divalavender(f): 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
I meant "received "
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vinnygod: 12:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
parisbluefox: Yes it is.
pls sent u pm wanna confirm somthing from u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jtbaba1: 12:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Divalavender: I'm new to nairaland , Hello house!!. I need you advice please, I submitted an application on the 12th of may by paper route for a study visa , and up till this moment , I haven't heard nor recieved my medicals , and the school date is on d 7th of sept . My status still shows that my application is bein processed . What do you all think? embarassed
relax man.. paper routes takes a while.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BaaleofMontreal: 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
siri1: Finally, my passport has been requested for! Thank God ohh! Thank you all for your very helpful posts, God bless y'all.

congrats bro, really happy for you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ornaments(f): 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
pyhz:

I think ur agent is wrong. U can apply with ur 3 year school transcript.
I did apply to some universities with my 3yrs degree transcript n I was admitted. I entered unilag as a diploma student, so I started from 200l to 400level for my graduate degree.
Get in touch with ur university of choice personally thru email or by calling them directly n make ur enquiry ursef.
Morever, most university base thr admission on ur last 2yrs in school.
Thanks brother sorry for the late response. When you applied, did you attach your diploma result or just your transcript alone? Thanks so much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
siri1: Finally, my passport has been requested for! Thank God ohh! Thank you all for your very helpful posts, God bless y'all.

Congrats, sir! cheesy

That date tho, which airline?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
Happy Birthday to the one and only female VisaOfficer on this thread..

Longlife and prosperity, MissBon. kiss kiss

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by pyhz: 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ornaments:
Thanks brother sorry for the late response. When you applied, did you attach your diploma result or just your transcript alone? Thanks so much

I applied with my transcript alone, bt I mentioned in my application that av done diploma somwhr n I wasnt asked to provide that result.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
Thanks bro smiley
Amefrica: Happy Birthday to the one and only femal VisaOfficer on this thread..

Longlife and prosperity, MissBon. kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chrisviral(m): 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
HBD miss bon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ornaments(f): 12:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
pyhz:

I applied with my transcript alone, bt I mentioned in my application that av done diploma somwhr n I wasnt asked to provide that result.
Thanks brother, I guess you mentioned that in your personal statement right and on your cv? That means I have to mention it too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Divalavender(f): 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
jtbaba1: relax man.. paper routes takes a while.
, thanks , thought I saw most paper application on this thread having their their medicals in less than 2 months , mine is taking like forever .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Divalavender(f): 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
[quote author=Divalavender] , thanks , thought I saw most paper application on this thread having their their medicals in less than 2 months , mine is taking like forever .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
Happy Birthday Dearie,may God bless you like never before.may this celebration be a stepping stone to a higher grace and may the favor of God abide in every area of your life.Have fun and eat lots of cake smiley Missbon

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Divalavender(f): 12:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
jtbaba1: relax man.. paper routes takes a while.
I'm a lady not a man though , big ups. ,, tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
Divalavender: I'm a lady not a man though , big ups. ,, tongue

Ghen ghen!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by parisbluefox: 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
Send a mail to bigstan4u@yahoo.com instead.

vinnygod: pls sent u pm wanna confirm somthing from u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
Divalavender: I'm a lady not a man though , big ups. ,, tongue
With an 'f'? LOL.... I thought 'M' means female... haha. Black man no dey read.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
Slimdel: Sent

kindly forward to me as well... all info is highly need brvheartt@yahoo.com ..thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
Amen.Thanks alot
lovelydamsel: Happy Birthday Dearie,may God bless you like never before.may this celebration be a stepping stone to a higher grace and may the favor of God abide in every area of your life.Have fun and eat lots of cake smiley Missbon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
Thanks boss. Qatar
Amefrica:

Congrats, sir! cheesy

That date tho, which airline?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by parisbluefox: 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
HAPPY. BIRTHDAY! MissBon, U re a blessing to us all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.