Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610424 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kingsolve(m): 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2014
Thank you so much missbon for that valuable info. Happy new month wonderful people, Canada is gonna receive lotta people from this thread this month. And many more in subsequent months. Do have a pleasant flight. To those expectant for medicals and TRV by virtue of the fact that this is my month, I release it unto you this August. Cheers people.
Also for those of you who wud want to stay in Canny and settle, pls once u get here u can buy your drivers' licence hand book, read it, do practice tests online and go for your G1 exam probably in d first or second week. That way ur driving experience in canny begins to count until when u are ready to av ur own ride. That way your insurance cost will be much lesser then. A friend of mine got here four years ago. Now he's thru with MBA, working and wants to drive but realises the insurance is too high as a result of no driving experience in Canny since he arrived. So he had to start the process from d beginning which would take at least another 8 months before one can drive on the major highways. Depending on your province, you can start your drivers' licence process as soon as possible. It helps on d long run. Once u av d drivers' licence u can carry that around instead of taking ur international passport everywhere u need such identification.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by WESTERNCR: 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hello good people in the house. Has anyone applied to university of saskatchewan? Pls share your experience on how long it's takes to get an LOA amongst others. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tariy: 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
hi peeps pls am new in the house and would to know about schools in canada that offers 3rd class holders admission for 2nd Degree.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Mohammedbashir: 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
missbon: TGIF peeps,
Congrats to all the peeps who got their trv, and wishing those who are travelling soon a very safe trip to the maple land.
Pls don't forget to have all ur docx with u till u get to the port of entry.know ur school name and address. DO NOT FORGET THE DATE OF EXPIRY ON UR STUDY PERMIT. For those who have to renew it, pls renew atleast 60 days before expiry(proof of funds will be required for study permit renewal). Try to find out anything u don't understand from ur skuls international dept. Always keep ur ears open for rules/laws.be cordial with peeps u meet cos u might need them lateron.
Pls stay away from trouble, improve ur skillset, dont just depend on only what u r thought in school. Try and observe ur environment before u jump into getting a job.also just like any other country, there are employers here who take advantage of foreigners so pls beware and don't let anyone use you. If such happens, pls complain to ur schools International dept asap.
Wishing u all a great stay in canny.
I wish u all a happy new month and a wonderful weekend.
Happy long weekend to my peeps in canny

Thanks for this much required input. Hnm & cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Galaxxy(m): 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
Congrats to all the peeps who got their trv, and wishing those who are travelling soon a very safe trip to the maple land.
Pls don't forget to have all ur docx with u till u get to the port of entry.know ur school name and address. DO NOT FORGET THE DATE OF EXPIRY ON UR STUDY PERMIT. For those who have to renew it, pls renew atleast 60 days before expiry(proof of funds will be required for study permit renewal). Try to find out anything u don't understand from ur skuls international dept. Always keep ur ears open for rules/laws.be cordial with peeps u meet cos u might need them lateron.
Pls stay away from trouble, improve ur skillset, dont just depend on only what u r thought in school. Try and observe ur environment before u jump into getting a job.also just like any other country, there are employers here who take advantage of foreigners so pls beware and don't let anyone use you. If such happens, pls complain to ur schools International dept asap.

Thanks Miss bon for this info. Pls, I want to ask and to be sure if I can use my GTB Naira MasterCard to make withdrawals in Canny? I am thinking this will be a better idea than changing my Naira to US dollars bf I leave Naija.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Possibility123: 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2014
ChriGo: .....Letter from your sister in Canada?.....Not a good move....is ur sister a permanent resident holder or a citizen?.....how good is ur letter of intent?.....you can't emphasize in ur letter of intent that you'll be coming back after studies while your sister is chopping life here in canny grin....you think say VO go believe say you go come back?.......

The[b] letter from your sis in Canada?....Not a good move...?[/b] How is it not a good move? Though this is tricky one, it can tend to work for or work against you. Firstly, if your sis is a PR/citizen of Canada and maybe by any chance, she has included your name has a family member (maybe brother or sister) in one of her application, i guess the visa office has all those info on their database, so it will not be too good to lie about that. Yeah, you have a sis... that can be verified, so it can be a wise to thing to do to get a letter from your sis, because that can help you in settling down or adaptability as a student...coyd

Just by the side, if you are working and you have a sister in Canada, why not try apply for the Canadian Federal Skilled workers PR program. Your sister will definitely give you a huge point in the application. Your sister will always give you a big advantage there (not a disadvantage as trv) . Though it might be a longer process, but one's you get it, you have overcome all these temporary visa thing smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
Yes u can use ur gtb card in canny but have some dollars with u tho. Just incase but ur card will work just fine.
Galaxxy:

Thanks Miss bon for this info. Pls, I want to ask and to be sure if I can use my GTB Naira MasterCard to make withdrawals in Canny? I am thinking this will be a better idea than changing my Naira to US dollars bf I leave Naija.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Possibility123: 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
Cufs:

Thanks. See reasons for denial..

Hi Cuf,

Just a piece of advise here, if you are working and you have a sister in Canada, why not try apply for the Canadian Federal Skilled workers PR program. That's far better , though takes longer time. But the result at the end of the day its worth it. Your sister will definitely give you a huge point in the application.... your adaptability and support will be guaranteed. Your sister will always give you a big advantage there (not a disadvantage as trv) . and you would have overcome the temporary visa thing smiley. Once you get to Canada, you can still go to school if you wish and school fees will be local citizen school fees
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kingsolve(m): 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
tariy: hi peeps pls am new in the house and would to know about schools in canada that offers 3rd class holders admission for 2nd Degree.....

Hello Tariy, I think a Post Graduate Course would be more appropriate. You can google to find schools in Canada with courses you are interested in. Then we'll take it further from there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Possibility123: 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
Jijola: Naaa. First, your introduction is too general. You should be introducing yourself and why you're going to Canada. A Letter of Intent must show peculiarities. Second, what you wrote in your statement of purpose has nothing to do with purpose...purpose means circustances that drive your interest in your proposed area of study.what are your academic and research interests. You layed too much emphasis on career, when you shoud be stressing academics and research. This is not a work permit application.Third, it's interesting that you said your dad's company wants to sponsor you. On what ground? Is that where you currently work? If not, they don't have a basis. If it is, then you should be using the company's accounts and documents as primary sponsorship proof. Your dad could come in as a co-sponsor.
Many other things are missing. Why did you choose Canada? Why did you choose the school? What do you hope to achieve with your proposed training?

Cufs:

Here is my letter of intent

Dear Sir/Madam,

My admission application has been approved and now I wish to apply for a study permit. The offer letter from the institute is attached.

Introduction:

Management has become one of the most fundamental aspects of human life and existence. From my perspective, it has had more influence on the world more than any other discipline. I am also of the belief that management is very important and its overall good condition is necessary for every society to flourish and prosper. My passion for management is predicated upon my zeal for the challenges it offers in abundance. For some people, being a manager is just a substance of money, but for me, it is a matter of passion, desire and drive to understand how an organisation works, learn about leadership roles and launch inventive business strategies.The areas of management that interest me most are operations of business, management of resources, supply chain management, accounting and finance.The way business is controlled and organized motivates me to learn more and more about it.

Purpose:
I had my first degree in Accounting from ************ University of Nigeria from where I bagged a Bachelor of Science (“B.Sc”) Accounting. I worked in *******l as the Assistant Bursar between January 2011- March 2012, as a Marketer in ***** **between July 2012 - November 2013 and I'm currently working in ******** as a sales representative from January 2014 till date.

Even though I currently work in ********* as a permanent staff, I moved to Uyo, Akwa Ibom State in January 2014 also to take on a part time position at ********, which is a prestigious institution, owned by my family in my home country, Nigeria and I currently help in running the Accounts and Logistics Department.

As an organisation with very high standards, the Board of Directors have considered it worthwhile to send me on a training program which is to prepare me to take on the full time role of Senior Manager, Accounts and Logistics. A second degree in General Business Management in Canada will deepen my knowledge in business management. This, in addition to my initial first degree in Accounting and my current work experience, will be the perfect combination of experience, knowledge and exposure needed for me to provide the great financial service and logistic management needed for my new role.

Hence I have decided go to University of Lethbridge in Calgary, Alberta to study. I am convinced that the kind of opportunities, challenges and satisfaction that studing in Canada offers is very reassuring, as it will provide me with the rare combination of accelerated growth and flexibility to get on the challenging career path for which I am being prepared for.

Please find attached, a notarized copy of the institution’s documents, property ownership, as well as an up to date copy of the current bank account statements of the org, as well as that of my father, who is the Chairman of the Board of Governors, *******showing sufficient funds.
Based on the information stated above, I would like to request that you to kindly grant me a student visa so I can achieve my set goals.

Please let me know if you require any additional information. I can be contacted at ************ or *********@gmail.com.

Thank you so much in advance for your kind consideration.

Yours Sincerely,
.......................................................................................................................

Hi Mr. Cufs,

Reading thru your SOP letter, having all these experiences and a degree in Accounting and also a sister in Canada....., I just hope you can try the Permanent Residence Skilled worker program going on now. Your profession is there, (Check this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp). With what you stated in your SOP letter and push a little bit to pass the IELTS exam and your certificates evaluated you are good to go to apply for PR. Though it might take longer time, but you will have a permanent resident of Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tariy: 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
oh ok kingsolve, tankz for the response pls can i have your email addy.
Actually am a grad of finance and actually thinking of something diff from the finance or accounting box...Well wouldnt mind international business or socialworker....
kingsolve:

Hello Tariy, I think a Post Graduate Course would be more appropriate. You can google to find schools in Canada with courses you are interested in. Then we'll take it further from there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by slimmsyyetty: 6:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
Cufs:

Thanks slimsyetty, I'll work on it again...but do you think the issue is that I'm going for another bsc degree? Cos I know a lot of people that got the visa and are still going for a 2nd bsc degree..just wondering

Of course yes! Ɣ☺ΰ can go 4 a 2nd b.sc degree but dia are several factors d VO has 2consider like age.......among many others(though favour can overule all dat cos I believe in miracles). Dats y Ɣ☺ΰ av 2write a convincing sop.
I'm also in Ūя̲̲̅ shoes. MUN gave me an undergraduate admission 4dis fall but wasn't given 4my m.sc. I av my 1st degree since 2009 in applied physics S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ I intend 2use d undergrad offer 2study geophysics(am now being discouraged 2go 4 anoda b.sc, considerin my age). Am yet 2apply 4my trv wit dat LOA cos am still trying 2figure out Gods purpose on dis canadian stuffs. Dia are several options Ɣ☺ΰ can also try like PGD aπϑ d federal skilled worker as some1 had suggested but dat 1 takes a longer period aπϑ canadian govt change dia package on dat often aπϑ often. I pray God will guide Ɣ☺ΰ in woteva decision Ɣ☺ΰ will make...... All d best!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Mohammedbashir: 6:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
Possibility123:

Hi Cuf,

Just a piece of advise here, if you are working and you have a sister in Canada, why not try apply for the Canadian Federal Skilled workers PR program. That's far better , though takes longer time. But the result at the end of the day its worth it. Your sister will definitely give you a huge point in the application.... your adaptability and support will be guaranteed. Your sister will always give you a big advantage there (not a disadvantage as trv) . and you would have overcome the temporary visa thing smiley. Once you get to Canada, you can still go to school if you wish and school fees will be local citizen school fees

@possibilty123 think the Fed skill worker thing is not for all disciplines so she @cuf just check if yours is listed. And if there's still space cos they have a threshold and if it has been attained then u know whether to stick with status quo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Possibility123: 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
Mohammedbashir:

@possibilty123 think the Fed skill worker thing is not for all disciplines so she @cuf just check if yours is listed. And if there's still space cos they have a threshold and if it has been attained then u know whether to stick with status quo.

@Mohammedbashir, Cufs studied Accounting and according to his SOP, he's been working in that field. And there are lots of Accounting/Finance eligible occupation in the present PR Federal skilled worker. They needed like 1000 candidates per eligible occupation and by checking this url - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp, I can estimate the completed application so far. This program closes in April 2015.

Though this process is a longer route, but it's a PR! No need to be scared that TRV will soon expire after schooling. You can also go to school anytime you want and pay local fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
Thanks for the info kiss have a splendid weekend

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by erico2k2(m): 7:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
Jijola: Ok na...make we see. It's worth the try! grin
last last, I see reason with others and my guy decide to renew b4 travel, so nah part 2 we go wait, thanks all for your contribution
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dcitizen1: 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
@mrlinobrown

I would like to know the relevant doc that u send to the universities for first hand admission. We share the same similarity when it come to qualification. do u use ur nd and hnd transcript together or ur hnd transcript alone? I have an upper credit. Do i stand a chance of admission? Thank you and i am anxiously awaiting ur swift response since the admission appears to be a rolling one
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 8:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
dcitizen1: @mrlinobrown

I would like to know the relevant doc that u send to the universities for first hand admission. We share the same similarity when it come to qualification. do u use ur nd and hnd transcript together or ur hnd transcript alone? I have an upper credit. Do i stand a chance of admission? Thank you and i am anxiously awaiting ur swift response since the admission appears to be a rolling one

Yes, upper is good. If you are heading for graduate programe u will need;
2 referee from your previous school.
Detail CV.
Personal statement.
Certified ND and HND transcript.

I sent the last three to the graduate secreatary via emal. Check the graduate website.
Also check application deadline.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vanrichie4u: 8:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
///House please I have a quick question#
Would I be expected to upload police report if I'm making use of online visa application route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 01, 2014
vanrichie4u: ///House please I have a quick question#
Would I be expected to upload police report if I'm making use of online visa application route?

Not necessary!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vanrichie4u: 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
Amefrica:

Not necessary!

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 8:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
Oga Earthgreener, pls pm me abeg

Oga Amefrica i hail o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 01, 2014
brandymcmb: Good day all,I discovered this insightful thread some days ago,u guys are doing a great job here. am about beginning my application process to MUN for an m.a in Economics for sept 2015,please I would need suggestions on about 2 other schools that fall within the tuition and cost of living range as that of MUN in Canada too. Your suggestions would be well appreciated. Thanks oooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chisky: 9:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
Thanks alot. Please any other last minute tips on what to pack and what not to?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Mohammedbashir: 10:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
Possibility123:

@Mohammedbashir, Cufs studied Accounting and according to his SOP, he's been working in that field. And there are lots of Accounting/Finance eligible occupation in the present PR Federal skilled worker. They needed like 1000 candidates per eligible occupation and by checking this url - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp, I can estimate the completed application so far. This program closes in April 2015.

Though this process is a longer route, but it's a PR! No need to be scared that TRV will soon expire after schooling. You can also go to school anytime you want and pay local fees.

..Hmm.. I see.. This program breaks the PR barrier,if not for d duration of processing. Its better one sees d green light from the beginning and that shall b proportional to the effort that's to be expended. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 11:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
I can really tell u what to pack or not to pack. Whatever would be in ur bags should be the things u need for ur stay here, the important things which u must not forget are the things I listed.
All the best
Chisky: Thanks alot. Please any other last minute tips on what to pack and what not to?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by gentpeace: 11:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
I sincerely appreciate all of you in d house that helped me in my application process..may God reward u guys ...I just got a message that ave been accepted.
That I should expect my admission letter by post..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 02, 2014
grin congratulations to all of you that got trv nd going for fall. May God lead you al the way*ONELOVE*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dcitizen1: 6:20am On Aug 02, 2014
@mrlinobrown

were you given admission based on meng(based on coursework) or msc(based on thesis)?

Also, what do u mean by 'certified copy'. I have both academic transcripts with me with the institutional stamp. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by mrnilobrawn: 7:43am On Aug 02, 2014
[i][/i]
dcitizen1: @mrlinobrown

were you given admission based on meng(based on coursework) or msc(based on thesis)?

Also, what do u mean by 'certified copy'. I have both academic transcripts with me with the institutional stamp. thanks
[b][quote author=dcitizen1]@mrlinobrown

M.Eng. U can as well go for MSC if u get a supervisor.

Certified copy i mean academic transcript with the institution stamp on it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lovesavvi: 8:52am On Aug 02, 2014
Good Morning house, quick quesion, hope dis course will nt raise a purpose of visit in trv application for sumone study physics with electronics nd get addmission to study business management information technology specialozation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 8:57am On Aug 02, 2014
Congrats dear. Cheers to your success.
Zorkky:

Online route

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.