Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (609354 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dulux07(m): 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2014

i got denied student visit..reasons r
Travel history
Personal assets n financial status
Purpose of visit
Length of proposed stay
Current employment situation..

i wana reapply,sum1 shud pls help Me out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by akanni(m): 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
ChriGo: ...okay...
mail sent bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
dulux07: 
Travel history
Purpose of visit
Length of proposed stay

....list ur documents....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Cufs(f): 6:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
Jijola: Since you claim you're working, why didn't you include documents proving that such as promotion letter, pay slips, tax clearance, account etc? This is more important where U sponsor yourself, but it's also important where U claim to be working.A work I'd and Employment letter aren't sufficient to show that.Since you're working, they expect you to have a substantial amount in your account. Moreover, was there a study-leave letter?
On your proposed employer, did you show proof that it's a genuine venture e.g. C of I, Tax clearance and so on? Is the proposed letter of employment or invitation to treat detailed enough.
Then, why did you state that your sister would house you? That sounds like you're absconding more than that you're going to study. Even if you have to mention that, you must give very strong reasons such as special health conditions or needs, which may need proof.
It may not be sufficient to show that your parent's have properties.Properties can prove both finance and home tie.Just showing they have them proves their financial capacity, but not home tie for you. As a woman who may get married or already married, why would your parents' properties make you come back to Nigeria?
How well did you articulate issues in your Letter of Intent?
Keep in mind it's always better to 'overprove' than 'underprove'! Brighter minds will add to these.

Thanks, I think I see where the mistakes are from. I don't have much experience with this, and I expected the Agent I used to advice me properly.

If I get you right, ur saying in my next application I should include:

My payslips and tax clearance
My own bank statement and property doc?
I didn't have a study leave letter, so ill include that too
I should not include my sis as a sponsor for accommodation.

I included c of I of my prospect employer sha.

I'm also thinking my letter of intend was not good enough too, maybe I should put it here for u guys to vett.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Cufs(f): 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Jijola: Since you claim you're working, why didn't you include documents proving that such as promotion letter, pay slips, tax clearance, account etc? This is more important where U sponsor yourself, but it's also important where U claim to be working.A work I'd and Employment letter aren't sufficient to show that.Since you're working, they expect you to have a substantial amount in your account. Moreover, was there a study-leave letter? Without it,then it means you're absconding from work.
On your proposed employer, did you show proof that it's a genuine venture e.g. C of I, Tax clearance and so on? Is the proposed letter of employment or invitation to treat detailed enough.
Then, why did you state that your sister would house you? That sounds like you're absconding more than that you're going to study. Even if you have to mention that, you must give very strong reasons such as special health conditions or needs, which may need proof.
It may not be sufficient to show that your parent's have properties.Properties can prove both finance and home tie.Just showing they have them proves their financial capacity, but not home tie for you. As a woman who may get married or already married, why would your parents' properties make you come back to Nigeria?
Keep in mind it's always better to 'overprove' than 'underprove'! Brighter minds will add to these.

Thanks, I think I see where the mistakes are from. I don't have much experience with this, and I expected the Agent I used to advice me properly.

I'm also thinking my letter of intend was not good enough too, maybe I should put it here for u guys to vett.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by buchi4med: 6:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
ChriGo: ....going for another Bsc?....not a good move.....why not Post graduate diploma or masters?....
Chrigo send me your no through my email , I got to talk to you. Get set to welcoming me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Cufs(f): 6:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
ChriGo: .....Letter from your sister in Canada?.....Not a good move....is ur sister a permanent resident holder or a citizen?.....how good is ur letter of intent?.....you can't emphasize in ur letter of intent that you'll be coming back after studies while your sister is chopping life here in canny grin....you think say VO go believe say you go come back?.......

Lol...I just realized it was a silly move. One of my greatest mistakes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
Is your sponsor related to you? The documents he or she gave u, how complete were they?
Cufs:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 6:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
That's right. Make the amends, God will favour you Ma'am.
Cufs:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sorry about this, please list the documents you submitted
dulux07: 
Travel history
Purpose of visit
Length of proposed stay

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 6:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
So sorry bro, list your documents. The 2 issues are purpose and home ties. Peeps here will do justice to it and you'll smile at last. Cheers.
dulux07: 
Travel history
Purpose of visit
Length of proposed stay

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Cufs(f): 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
Slimdel: Is your sponsor related to you? The documents he or she gave u, how complete were they?

Yea, my sponsor is related to me. The documents were okay, but I guess my personal documents were not enough.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Cufs(f): 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
Jijola: Since you claim you're working, why didn't you include documents proving that such as promotion letter, pay slips, tax clearance, account etc? This is more important where U sponsor yourself, but it's also important where U claim to be working.A work I'd and Employment letter aren't sufficient to show that.Since you're working, they expect you to have a substantial amount in your account. Moreover, was there a study-leave letter? Without it,then it means you're absconding from work.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
@All

Please avoid quoting dulux07's post, spambot tagged it as spam and those that quoted that post were banned.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 7:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
buchi4med:
Chrigo send me your no through my email , I got to talk to you. Get set to welcoming me.
....Oh nice!!...Lambatong awaits you bro...email sent....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Okay dear work on those then. Wish u the very best. God will do it for u
Cufs:

Yea, my sponsor is related to me. The documents were okay, but I guess my personal documents were not enough.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
@justwise Thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dulux07(m): 7:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
Slimdel: Sorry about this, please list the documents you submitted
Sponsorship affidavit(my dad)
Bank statement of sponsor
Leta rm sponspor--2land docs
Waec ,Bsc cert, transcript n nysc cert
Police report, birth cert,,SOP,
Admisn leta rm canadian college and
Receipt showin bank wire transfer 4 fee payment,since 
i ve nt goten d tuition fee receipt rm sch @ tym of submisn.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Uptosomething(m): 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
@Slimdel n co, una don port go Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
Slimdel: @justwise Thanks a lot

No worries.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dulux07(m): 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
justwise: @All

Please avoid quoting dulux07's post, spambot tagged it as spam and those that quoted that post were banned.
Lol,who r u ,SMH,
i believed 
i shud b banned first,b4 any oda.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
No soon, trying to arrange myself properly bfr leaving so I can land fully prepared cause I don't want them to be upto something with my study/work permit oooo grin, how have you been?
Uptosomething: @Slimdel n co, una don port go Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
Cufs:

Lol...I just realized it was a silly move. One of my greatest mistakes.
....No worries...thats why you're here....alota smart peeps will advice you here...dont worry, your next app will be smart......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
justwise: @All

Please avoid quoting dffdffdf post, spambot tagged it as spam and those that quoted that post were banned.
....No wonder....i had to edit the name off make e no ban me the 2nd time grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Uptosomething(m): 7:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
Slimdel: No soon, trying to arrange myself properly bfr leaving so I can land fully prepared cause I don't want them to be upto something with my study/work permit oooo grin, how have you been?
Lollzzz;U grab my moniker,U try,A dey,I say make I work o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
Naaa. First, your introduction is too general. You should be introducing yourself and why you're going to Canada. A Letter of Intent must show peculiarities. Second, what you wrote in your statement of purpose has nothing to do with purpose...purpose means circustances that drive your interest in your proposed area of study.what are your academic and research interests. You layed too much emphasis on career, when you shoud be stressing academics and research. This is not a work permit application.Third, it's interesting that you said your dad's company wants to sponsor you. On what ground? Is that where you currently work? If not, they don't have a basis. If it is, then you should be using the company's accounts and documents as primary sponsorship proof. Your dad could come in as a co-sponsor.
Many other things are missing. Why did you choose Canada? Why did you choose the school? What do you hope to achieve with your proposed training?
Cufs:

Here is my letter of intent

Dear Sir/Madam,

My admission application has been approved and now I wish to apply for a study permit. The offer letter from the institute is attached.

Introduction:

Management has become one of the most fundamental aspects of human life and existence. From my perspective, it has had more influence on the world more than any other discipline. I am also of the belief that management is very important and its overall good condition is necessary for every society to flourish and prosper. My passion for management is predicated upon my zeal for the challenges it offers in abundance. For some people, being a manager is just a substance of money, but for me, it is a matter of passion, desire and drive to understand how an organisation works, learn about leadership roles and launch inventive business strategies.The areas of management that interest me most are operations of business, management of resources, supply chain management, accounting and finance.The way business is controlled and organized motivates me to learn more and more about it.

Purpose:
I had my first degree in Accounting from ************ University of Nigeria from where I bagged a Bachelor of Science (“B.Sc”) Accounting. I worked in *******l as the Assistant Bursar between January 2011- March 2012, as a Marketer in ***** **between July 2012 - November 2013 and I'm currently working in ******** as a sales representative from January 2014 till date.

Even though I currently work in ********* as a permanent staff, I moved to Uyo, Akwa Ibom State in January 2014 also to take on a part time position at ********, which is a prestigious institution, owned by my family in my home country, Nigeria and I currently help in running the Accounts and Logistics Department.

As an organisation with very high standards, the Board of Directors have considered it worthwhile to send me on a training program which is to prepare me to take on the full time role of Senior Manager, Accounts and Logistics. A second degree in General Business Management in Canada will deepen my knowledge in business management. This, in addition to my initial first degree in Accounting and my current work experience, will be the perfect combination of experience, knowledge and exposure needed for me to provide the great financial service and logistic management needed for my new role.

Hence I have decided go to University of Lethbridge in Calgary, Alberta to study. I am convinced that the kind of opportunities, challenges and satisfaction that studing in Canada offers is very reassuring, as it will provide me with the rare combination of accelerated growth and flexibility to get on the challenging career path for which I am being prepared for.

Please find attached, a notarized copy of the institution’s documents, property ownership, as well as an up to date copy of the current bank account statements of the org, as well as that of my father, who is the Chairman of the Board of Governors, *******showing sufficient funds.
Based on the information stated above, I would like to request that you to kindly grant me a student visa so I can achieve my set goals.

Please let me know if you require any additional information. I can be contacted at ************ or *********@gmail.com.

Thank you so much in advance for your kind consideration.

Yours Sincerely,

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nice one remain small dolls for us oooo
Uptosomething: Lollzzz;U grab my moniker,U try,A dey,I say make I work o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vinnygod: 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hello huz,,,am here again with a friend's concern: he's currently stuck between two excellent opportunities; unequivocally he can describe his present condition as being in a state of dilemma. Nevertheless, here comes his story, he had HND in Chemical Engineering,then in quest for advance study and better opportunity he was prompted to apply for masters in Engineering at two different universities in canada(Ontario and New Brunswick) with his HND; obviously he was skeptical about his chances but decided to give it a shot. In order not to lay his eggs in one basket,equally he applied to technical and further education institute (TAFE) in Australia for certificate III in mining (one semester) and diploma in applied geoscience (3 semester).

For what may look like a calculated plan but miraculously, one of the universities in canada offered him admission for Masters as he was about to rejoice the second university offer came in. While trying to compare the two universities in canny with regard to tuition fees,provincial job prospect and weather condition, the Australia admission then clicked. Now he's stuck in making his choice btw canada and Australia,hence the reason for the above story.
Now to the gurus your advice is urgently needed because he's about commencing his trv application. Please I need your opinions on his behalf and I would like you guys to consider easy visa processing,job openings,PR and good life settlement in your advice. Please your advice will be highly appreciated!!!.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Uptosomething(m): 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
Slimdel: Nice one remain small dolls for us oooo
Sure na,I sabi u....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Cufs(f): 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
Jijola: Naaa. First, your introduction is too general. You should be introducing yourself and why you're going to Canada. A Letter of Intent must show peculiarities. Second, what you wrote in your statement of purpose has nothing to do with purpose...purpose means circustances that drive your interest in your proposed area of study.what are your academic and research interests. You layed too much emphasis on career, when you shoud be stressing academics and research. This is not a work permit application.Third, it's interesting that you said your dad's company wants to sponsor you. On what ground? Is that where you currently work? If not, they don't have a basis. If it is, then you should be using the company's accounts and documents as primary sponsorship proof. Your dad could come in as a co-sponsor.
Many other things are missing. Why did you choose Canada? Why did you choose the school? What do you hope to achieve with your proposed training?

Thanks a lot Jijola smiley cheesy**hugs**....lol..but please if you have a format, I hope you don't mind showing me so I can use it as a guide.

Thanks every1, you guys are soo soo soo helpful. I should have just done my findings properly n done my application myself instead of depending on an agent that knows nada**smh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
@Cufs

Yello, please work on your supporting documents as advised.
Your SOP seems pretty much good to me.

Please, I'll advise you delete your SOP from your post. It's for your own good, to avoid the possibility of plagiarism.

Lord's Favour with your next application.

Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Cufs(f): 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
ElCapt: @Cufs

Yello, please work on your supporting documents as advised.
Your SOP seems pretty much good to me.

Please, I'll advise you delete your SOP from your post. It's for your own good, to avoid the possibility of plagiarism.

Lord's Favour with your next application.

Cheers.

Thank you smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.