Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610132 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by igbonchin: 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
@ChriGo. I just sent you a pm. Thanks baba
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by erico2k2(m): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
Jijola: Bros, like ChriGo's been telling you, the visa is valid on the face of it. But remember they ask questions at the POE...even a student with a visa and study permit may still be asked to show his admission letter and other documents at the POE-that's to show purpose. Visa is just to enter, not to justify why you enter.The remaining validity period of his visa will signal danger at the POE.So he should prepare a solid purpose for his visit.
Ok the film don start, my guy buy ticket E go fly 2morrow make we see as E be.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ok na...make we see. It's worth the try! grin
erico2k2:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 10:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
Happy new month in advance!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 10:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
You're welcome. PM me. Will send one, but just as guide.
Cufs:

Thanks a lot Jijola smiley cheesy**hugs**....lol..but please if you have a format, I hope you don't mind showing me so I can use it as a guide.

Thanks every1, you guys are soo soo soo helpful. I should have just done my findings properly n done my application myself instead of depending on an agent that knows nada**smh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
Amefrica: My heart skips, anytime I read Canada is the 3rd coldest country in the world.. embarassed Now I'm scared..
see this link; www.listcrux.com/top-10-coldest-countries-in-the-world/
The coldness isn't so bad. I prefer winter over other seasons. Dress warm and you'll get used to it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vanrichie4u: 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
Jijola: Ok na...make we see. It's worth the try! grin

Bro pls check ur mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Mohammedbashir: 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
Yes Bruv, may the Lord assent to our deepest concerns. Cheers

Jijola: Happy new month in advance!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 10:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
Yea, got it. Will get back to U 2mao. You can send a mail if I don't get back before the night.
vanrichie4u:

Bro pls check ur mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
aflyingbird: The coldness isn't so bad. I prefer winter over other seasons. Dress warm and you'll get used to it.

Thanks boss! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ScGuy(m): 11:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
Chatters: To God be the Glory! I finally received a letter to submit my original passport; 4 days after doing my medicals at Prime Consultants, Port Harcourt. They are not slow after all.

Applied for TRV - June 23rd
Biometrics - June 26th
Medical Call up – July 23rd
Medical Done – July 24th
Medical Passed – July 28th
Passport Request – July 28th

I have waited this long to tell my story. The road has not been easy; it is one filled with suspense, drama, doubts and fears. Exactly one year ago I started this journey. The most difficult part was getting admitted for a M.Sc. thesis in a university. I applied to 6 universities, 3 rejected me and 2 put me on their wait list pending the availability of a supervisor and 1 accepted me. My last encounter with a potential supervisor left a bitter taste in my mouth. After accepting to supervise me and stringing me on for 5 months, the professor backed off because according to him his expected funds did not materialize. I was heartbroken but I did not let that stop me. I put the last university that accepted me on hold because I was hoping to go with potential supervisor who eventually developed cold feet. Old members of this thread know my story very well.

Through it all I have learnt that it is not what I want that matters but rather what God wants for me. Fast forward to the TRV application process proper. I had mixed feelings when the desired SOA I really wanted was not fast in materializing and the ending balance was not what I had hoped for. I wanted to give up but a part of me told me to trust God for a change. I did exactly that and today my TRV is loading. I wish to thank every esteemed member of this thread that has taken out time to ask questions and provide answers. My gratitude goes to God; my help in ages past. Ojap – who took time to proofread all my statement of Purpose and also encouraged me. To my dear sister in the struggle Funmi, she has been a friend indeed throughout the better half of my struggles, her insights were really helpful, my prayer is that God will reward her accordingly. How can I forget Nicemax, he took time to personally call me even with his heavy workload in school; he offered useful insights that proved indispensible. Ahh, there are others like Chrigo, Chizzy01, Jijola – my debate companion, lassky, and Stewee from the USA thread; though he doesn’t know this or me for that matter, his tips on scriptural references to read was indeed God sent. There is also Xtus and Realone92; they showed interest in my application. If I did not mention you, please bear with me; you’re all precious to me. If you have been delayed know that delay is not denial. Try, try again, the last try might just be it.

I will come back to share my tips and the documents I submitted later on. You’re all valuable and blessed. Perhaps, you’ll wish me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY at the same time? I came, I saw, I conquered!

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by cman4good: 11:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
plz house my sponsor is my godfather, how much should i be expecting in his account for him to sponsor me.... advise me how possible it will be for a godfather to sponsor me..... plz i need your advise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ScGuy(m): 11:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
parisbluefox: Yaaaaaay! I don chop medicals oooooo. God u re good

Yaaaaaaaay....canny awaits
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ScGuy(m): 12:00am On Aug 01, 2014
parisbluefox: Yaaaaaay! I don chop medicals oooooo. God u re good

Yaaaaaaaay congrats ...canny awaits
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by cman4good: 12:00am On Aug 01, 2014
plz i need a guide on how to upload my application. advise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ScGuy(m): 12:20am On Aug 01, 2014
After takin d chill pill dats how NBCC sent me a mail to sayin registration is around d corner n d Tot of TRV seriously on ma mind...1month,2weeks 1day still waitin for d good news.#keepingDfaith In GOD i trust..
@slimdel @divalavender

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Galaxxy(m): 12:22am On Aug 01, 2014
Amefrica: Ok, so I just received the LOI -- both as an attachment (email) and in MyCIC account.

Finestlex, you should get urs too soon!

I never took this LOI serious since I have the Visa but as peeps dey apply for it, I just have to get mine
@Amefrica, Pls help me with the email address and what the email should entail. Do I need to quote my UCI? Thanks greatly!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Zorkky(f): 1:02am On Aug 01, 2014
Finally have my TRV right by side,can't stop staring at it.

Applied for TRV - June 16th
Biometrics - June 18th
Medical Call up – July 10th
Medical Done – July 14th
Medical Passed – July 21st
Passport Request – July 22nd
TRV collected - July 31st

God has indeed being faithful. You all are really doing a great job,keep up the good work!

12 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 01, 2014
Zorkky: Finally have my TRV right by side,can't stop staring at it.

Biometrics - June 18th
Medical Done – July 14th

God has indeed being faithful. You all are really doing a great job,keep up the good work!
congrats!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:35am On Aug 01, 2014
erico2k2:
....ghen!!! ghen!!...don't forget bro.....Live update...am here to watch grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:36am On Aug 01, 2014
igbonchin: @ChriGo. I just sent you a pm. Thanks baba
....Seen....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by slimmsyyetty: 1:42am On Aug 01, 2014
@cufs....
I read ur sop on 1 of d quotes. I hardly comment on dis forum but I would like 2share my opinion on it
Ur sop is quite nice but not enof. 2me, it's as if u are telin d VO dat u don't even know wot u are goin 4. 2nd degree is M.sc while B.sc is 1st degree, so, goin 4anoda B.sc means u are goin 4 a 2nd bachelor degree. While U may not b called 4an interview, ur sop must fill in d gap by answering all d questions d VO might want 2know like...
Y going 4 a 2nd bachelor degree, is ur 1st degree related 2d 2nd bachelor degree u want 2go 4, if yes, how, d grade of ur 1st degree, y u chose d course n dat school, what steps av u taken 2ensure u will perform better, y u dont want 2study dat course in Nigeria, y Canada, what benefit will d course bring 2U n ur country, what u intend doing after coming back (u didnt even metion u will b coming back n dats what they hate), home tie n lots more. Include copies of ur certificate, nysc, waec...as proof of 1st degree n work on ur introduction. Gudluck as u refire

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ScGuy(m): 1:54am On Aug 01, 2014

Biometrics - June 18th
Medical Done – July 14th

Congrats ...online or paper?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tnuola(f): 2:58am On Aug 01, 2014
gavinmensah:

Hmmmm, Nobody knows it all, nd slim never said she knws it all, neither did she crown her self guru" that seems to be ur itch here. People who she helped nd were successful r just pleased to call her that. There are certain things in life that are only earned. Sometimes in life we don't need prayers, appreciating people's success and rejoicing with them with cleeean heart nd without envy OPENS D DOOr

Wish you all the best

I love you already for this..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tnuola(f): 3:06am On Aug 01, 2014

Biometrics - June 18th
Medical Done – July 14th

Congrats mami...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:39am On Aug 01, 2014
Went for my medicals at Asaju yesterday and it was there they told me that my number was not corresponding with what was on their system.
I mailed vfs global and got an automatic response, still waiting for their response.
Still did my medicals though they told me that three people had the same problem as me.
pls has anyone had this problem and wat did they do to resolve it. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kennycooly: 6:07am On Aug 01, 2014
ChriGo: ....Now you're back grin...CIMT dey Ontario....we're still on same page....whasd coueds ards yafd gaing fow....typing in tongues too....Hope u understand grin.....
Lolz......PGD in business management by Jan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by dcitizen1: 6:17am On Aug 01, 2014
@ mrlinobrown

I would like you to tell me the univ that give u a master degree offer with ur hnd in chemical engineering. Need ur reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 01, 2014
Yes dear please quote your UCI and application number and names very important

Cheers
Galaxxy:

I never took this LOI serious since I have the Visa but as peeps dey apply for it, I just have to get mine
@Amefrica, Pls help me with the email address and what the email should entail. Do I need to quote my UCI? Thanks greatly!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 01, 2014
Please keep on praying and hoping that your wait shouldn't in any way be in vain, and it will not be in Jesus name. Amen
ScGuy: After takin d chill pill dats how NBCC sent me a mail to sayin registration is around d corner n d Tot of TRV seriously on ma mind...1month,2weeks 1day still waitin for d good news.#keepingDfaith In GOD i trust..
@slimdel @divalavender
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 01, 2014
My love I'm so happy for youuuu at last my loyalist college partner *dancing* more than happppyyy yippeee kiss do oooo and arrange your stuffs sharp sharp, I no wan hear say them shoot gun mama fly leave pikin grin

Biometrics - June 18th
Medical Done – July 14th

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 01, 2014
Hope you did not only mail Lagos immigration also mail Accra immigration, explain to them what you just explained now don't forget to include your UCI and application number and the date you got your medical request. They are the only people to give u correct and authentic answer. Its well
Cheers

SavedbyYaweh: Went for my medicals at Asaju yesterday and it was there they told me that my number was not corresponding with what was on their system.
I mailed vfs global and got an automatic response, still waiting for their response.
Still did my medicals though they told me that three people had the same problem as me.
pls has anyone had this problem and wat did they do to resolve it. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.