Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. (4019 Views)

How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? / Sunday Sermon: Do You Truly Love God? (1) / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
plaetton: ^^^
I hope Joshthefirst is reading it and understanding it instead of clinging to his meaningless mumbo jumbo babbles.

I always find it very interesting how simple truths are sidestepped and swapped with meaningless mumbo jumbos.
I read it and related to it and understood it perfectly sir. I hope you did too.

So you agree with that verse? Its from the bible remember?

Now do you agree with this verse from the same epistle?
1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love
And these verses?
1john4:9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 5:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
Joshthefirst: I read it and related to it and understood it perfectly sir. I hope you did too.

So you agree with that verse? Its from the bible remember?

Now do you agree with this verse from the same epistle?
And these verses?
1john4:9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Remember that I wrote the Op.
I did not read the bible before writing it.
In fact, thanks to honeychild, I am pleasantly surprised that your bible agrees with all that I pointed out.
I am glad that you understand it now.

You cannot say that a simple truth is any less truthful because it is being preached by an atheist.

The rest of your mumbo jumbo remains meaningless and redundant.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
plaetton: ^^^
I hope Joshthefirst is reading it and understanding it instead of clinging to his meaningless mumbo jumbo babbles.

I always find it very interesting how simple truths are sidestepped and swapped with meaningless mumbo jumbos.

Chibuebem/ joshthefirst is just a super troll,just ignore him

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 5:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

grin
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

troll? Now I'm a troll? Lol. The names I've been called grin

@plaetton: for petes sake plaetton I asked a simple question. Since you agree with that verse pointed out, do you agree with these verses?

And these verses?
1john4:9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our SINS

^written in the same epistle?
By the same man under inspiration of the holy spirit

Where's the mumbo jumbo there?
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 7:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
Joshthefirst: troll? Now I'm a troll? Lol. The names I've been called grin

@plaetton: for petes sake plaetton I asked a simple question. Since you agree with that verse pointed out, do you agree with these verses?

And these verses?
1john4:9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our SINS

^written in the same epistle?
By the same man under inspiration of the holy spirit

Where's the mumbo jumbo there?

Now, if you understand what i wrote in the op and you understand what your bible said about same, there is no contradiction.

It is a shame that it takes an atheist to remind you that if you do not know love, you do not know god.
If you do not express unconditional love to your neighbor, your sister and your brother (not necessarily related by blood) , and to all living creatures, then you do not know love, and therefore cannot know god, let alone love god.
That is very simple, isn't it?
So, in that context, God is indeed love, a love you cannot know or partake of until you cultivate love within you an d unconditionally express such.
Comprendo?

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
plaetton:

Now, if you understand what i wrote in the op and you understand what your bible said about same, there is no contradiction.

It is a shame that it takes an atheist to remind you that if you do not know love, you do not know god.
If you do not express unconditional love to your neighbor, your sister and your brother (not necessarily related by blood) , and to all living creatures, then you do not know love, and therefore cannot know god, let alone love god.
That is very simple, isn't it?
So, in that context, God is indeed love, a love you cannot know or partake of until you cultivate love within you an d unconditionally express such.
Comprendo?
smh. I understood what you wrote in the op.
I don't need an atheist to remind me of God's word.

If God is love, you do not know love then. That's what I've been trying to point out to you. You cannot love unconditionally like God without knowing God and having his love in your heart. If you love completely, you would be free from sin, love covers all sin. You just admitted that you enjoy sinning. So man I'm tryna preach. I'm tryna say that if you want to truly love your neighbour as yourself, then you must have Gods love within you. (Comprende? grin)
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by italo: 7:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
ezme:

If you love God, you would love your neighbour too. I am your neighbour, show me some love. give me 5 million to manage for Xmas. A refusal means you don't love me, or atleast you don't love me enough to put yourself in discomfort.

Whose definition of love is this?
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 8:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
Joshthefirst: smh. I understood what you wrote in the op.
I don't need an atheist to remind me of God's word.

If God is love, you do not know love then. That's what I've been trying to point out to you. You cannot love unconditionally like God without knowing God and having his love in your heart. If you love completely, you would be free from sin, love covers all sin. You just admitted that you enjoy sinning. So man I'm tryna preach. I'm tryna say that if you want to truly love your neighbour as yourself, then you must have Gods love within you. (Comprende? grin)

You see?
This the example of how really hypocritical you are, most of you.
Do you have comprehension problems or is just xx.cy?

You cannot put the cart before the horse, you silly rabbit, lol. Such tricks are for kids.
You want to know god first before you know love,even when your bible says the reverse. Slowpoke.

Your bible says ABCD and then you twist to read DCBA.

You are simply irredeemable.

6 Likes

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
plaetton:

You see?

You cannot put the cart before the horse, you silly rabbit, lol. Such tricks are for kids.
You want to know god first before you know love,even when your bible says the reverse. Slowpoke.

#fatality
#uppercut
#knockout
#finishing'

2 Likes

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 8:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
Joshthefirst: smh. You just admitted that you enjoy sinning. grin)

I have asked you before, what is your obsession with my sinning?.
The only sin that I admit to is the love of XXXsy(which I am not even sure is a sin).

Do you not love xxxsy as well?. Pls answer me.

I have no apologies to your god for that.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
plaetton:

The only sin that I admit to is the love of XXXsy(which I am not even sure is a sin).

I think this verse address josh best, Then the Lord said to him, "You Pharisees are so careful to clean the outside of the cup and the dish, but inside you are filthy--full of greed and wickedness luke 11 :39

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by DeepSight(m): 12:17am On Oct 15, 2013

Like yours.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by DeepSight(m): 12:23am On Oct 15, 2013
plaetton:

Another threat.

Not really. If you consider yourself a being, that essence must re float once its physical tools are discarded. That is judgment.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by DeepSight(m): 12:31am On Oct 15, 2013
ooman:

i can ask again, how do you live it? stop prevaricating, i dont think you have an answer....

You live it when you reflect on death, and see the truth which has always been there- namely that you are a being in a physical vessel, which vessel expires at death.

This recognition should instantly lead you to see that we are non physical, and always have been, and always will be.

Therefore the seeing mind will live as the mind: the seeing mind alive.

If you see no sense in this, sleep on, till you wake.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by DeepSight(m): 12:35am On Oct 15, 2013
plaetton:

I am quite sure that is his own way of saying that you have to believe in god first.

The seeing mind that apprehends itself as a conscious being in the world, apprehends also God..
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Nobody: 5:14am On Oct 15, 2013
oh lord...here we go.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 15, 2013
aManFromMars:
How does one love God? And how can one hate God? Are there are any rewards/benefits from loving God in this life?

I know I do.
I don't know what the benefits will be in the end but
really I dont have time to wonder about that too much.

i just live my life right (to best of my abilities though i am human and will
back track at times), serve him and will continue to.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by MrTroll(m): 6:15am On Oct 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

The seeing mind that apprehends itself as a conscious being in the world, apprehends also God..
Did billyonaire bite you? undecided
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

Unfortunately for you, many of the best minds which understand this world are not theists.....the physicists and the biologists
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:53am On Oct 15, 2013
plaetton:

You see?

grin people liked this post!
And you tell me you read the bible. Your ignorance and the ignorance of those who liked this post just proves my point that the bible is discerned spiritually. See how he just hung on to a single verse and is dancing because he thinks it agrees with his human mentality. Smh

I'm gonna have to open a thread on love then. Maybe you guys will be convicted from there.
You're calling me a hypocrite yet you do not love your neighbour talk less of God?
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 15, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin people liked this post!
And you tell me you read the bible. Your ignorance and the ignorance of those who liked this post just proves my point that the bible is discerned spiritually. See how he just hung on to a single verse and is dancing because he thinks it agrees with his human mentality. Smh

I'm gonna have to open a thread on love then. Maybe you guys will be convicted from there.
You're calling me a hypocrite yet you do not love your neighbour talk less of God?

What do you think?
https://www.nairaland.com/1478748/it-dishonest-describe-atheism-lack
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:00am On Oct 15, 2013
plaetton:

see how you shamelessly contradict yourself. I'm not obsessed with your sin. Heck! You admitted to me that you're a godless fornicator. And you're here clkaiming to love others before loving God. How is it hard for you to understand that if you really love others you won't sin. The fact that your meaningless post even got likes shows the bible was right talking about you guys:

...Thinking themselves to be wise, they became fools.
Even general shepherd...smh

See as all of them dey call me hypocrite in different threads for preaching to them. Meanwhile they admit they're guilty sinners. Smh
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by DeepSight(m): 9:34am On Oct 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Unfortunately for you, many of the best minds which understand this world are not theists.....the physicists and the biologists

I didnt expect you to grasp that statement, simple as it is.

And you did not.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

I didnt expect you to grasp that statement, simple as it is.

And you did not.

lol.....I call this the "Ihedinobi misunderstood escape jutsu"
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin people liked this post!

You, my good man, is apparently an epitome of ignorance....smiley the fact that you can read the bible and still go on to assert god is love, is just sickening. Next time your son disobeys you, my brother be sure to chuck him in the oven, okay? or perhaps when he touches, your prized possessions whatever they are... please be sure to engulf him in a fireball...that should teach him...mchewww.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by frank317: 12:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
tony_runo:

You, my good man, is apparently an epitome of ignorance....smiley the fact that you can read the bible and still go on to assert god is love, is just sickening. Next time your son disobeys you, my brother be sure to chuck him in the oven, okay? or perhaps when he touches, your prized possessions whatever they are... please be sure to engulf him in a fireball...that should teach him...mchewww.

I was thinkg about saying tht to him. @joshdfirst, please whenever ur son disobeys u or tells u 'I hate u daddy' ensure u throw him into lake of fire to burn forever or you can drown him in river niger. That is a true example of love, afterall it wasn't ur fault ur son chose to disobey u and must be punished in a loving way.

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Joshthefirst(m): 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
frank3.16:

I was thinkg about saying tht to him. @joshdfirst, please whenever ur son disobeys u or tells u 'I hate u daddy' ensure u throw him into lake of fire to burn forever or you can drown him in river niger. That is a true example of love, afterall it wasn't ur fault ur son chose to disobey u and must be punished in a loving way.
hello sir.

Please what you're exhibiting is rebellion.
We have been sinning against God since, has he killed us yet? You have been sinning against God yourself, and even now you're in rebellion against him, has he judged you yet? Infact, he's ready and willing to forgive. He paid the price for your sins.

Be honest sir. If your son still keeps delibrately sinning against you and rebellious against your rule in your own house even when he knows better and is responsible for his actions, if he continues in disobedience under your rule and keeps obstructing you and fighting against you and speaking against you and discrediting you everytime he gets, won't you at some point(when he's 30 years old perhaps) throw him out of your house? Will he continue to stay under your rule when he has made himself your enemy? No. It will be just to throw him out.
But after all these years, jesus hasn't come to judge yet. Although the world keeps wallowing in iniquity, the lord is patient, not willing that any man should perish. He still gives everyman a chance to repent. Even you.

You're trying to water down your sin before a just and holy God. You should repent sir, and escape the coming wrath before it's too late.

For the wages of sin is death, but the freegift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 2:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
Joshthefirst: hello sir.

Please what you're exhibiting is rebellion.
We have been sinning against God since, has he killed us yet? You have been sinning against God yourself, and even now you're in rebellion against him, has he judged you yet? Infact, he's ready and willing to forgive. He paid the price for your sins.

Be honest sir. If your son still keeps delibrately sinning against you and rebellious against your rule in your own house even when he knows better and is responsible for his actions, if he continues in disobedience under your rule and keeps obstructing you and fighting against you and speaking against you and discrediting you everytime he gets, won't you at some point(when he's 30 years old perhaps) throw him out of your house? Will he continue to stay under your rule when he has made himself your enemy? No. It will be just to throw him out.
But after all these years, jesus hasn't come to judge yet. Although the world keeps wallowing in iniquity, the lord is patient, not willing that any man should perish. He still gives everyman a chance to repent. Even you.

You're trying to water down your sin before a just and holy God. You should repent sir, and escape the coming wrath before it's too late.

For the wages of sin is death, but the freegift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord

It is silly to say that someone is rebelling against an invisible being that he does not even acknowledge to exist.
Quite silly.

The contradictions are so laughable.
Jesus , aka, assistant god, came to earth to dies for our sins, and yet, after he left , we are still sinning to now.

Then WTF was the whole crucifixion racket all about?
Nothing changed. Nada

1 Like

Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by DeepSight(m): 2:53pm On Oct 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol.....I call this the "Ihedinobi misunderstood escape jutsu"

Think seriously please.

What is a seeing mind.

You agree that only a mind - a person, can see or behold a thing - anything, no?

What then does this mean and imply?
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by plaetton: 2:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
Joshthefirst: see how you shamelessly contradict yourself. I'm not obsessed with your sin. Heck! You admitted to me that you're a godless fornicator. And you're here clkaiming to love others before loving God. How is it hard for you to understand that if you really love others you won't sin. The fact that your meaningless post even got likes shows the bible was right talking about you guys:

...Thinking themselves to be wise, they became fools.
Even general shepherd...smh

See as all of them dey call me hypocrite in different threads for preaching to them. Meanwhile they admit they're guilty sinners. Smh

Calling someone a godless fornicator is just a cheap way of calling a dog a bad name just to hang it.

I fornicate , and so do you.
You still have not answered my questions .

Let me repeat the questions.

Have you ever had intimacy?
have you ever enjoyed intimacy?

Do you or do you not have intimacy in your present life?
Do you or do you not enjoy intimacy in your present life?

If the answer to any of these is "yes",
then stop making a fool of yourself and let's focus on the theme of the op.
Re: Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
Deep Sight:

Think seriously please.

What is a seeing mind.

You agree that only a mind - a person, can see or behold a thing - anything, no?

What then does this mean and imply?

It is just romanticising the function of the brain......

Yes only a conscious mind can see.....how does that make God exist?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Are We Still Going To Hell? / When Is Jesus Coming Back? / Do These Simple Spiritual Fanta Bath To Attract Favour, Bizness Boost, Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.