Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore (14274 Views)

Ikpeazu Doesn't Eat Foreign Rice / "Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter) / CNN Doesn't Know Where Nigeria Is? (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2008
Belief in juju is directly proportional to degree of ignorance
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by iz2much: 11:15am On Nov 08, 2008
@ Poster

Be careful a word of mine can make u walk direvtly into the bush (Wa wo gbo)
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by naijaking1: 5:15pm On Apr 01, 2009
iz2much:

@ Poster

Be careful a word of mine can make u walk direvtly into the bush (Wa wo gbo)

Don't worry, it doesn't work. Ask these these robbers who spent so much money making themselves invisible only to be caught .

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Arrested Robbers Lament: ‘Our Juju Failed Us’
April 01, 2009 16:17 (47 minutes ago), 180 views

By Oluwole Adeboye

Members of a six-man gang of suspected robbers, who terrorised residents of Akute and Ajuwon in Ogun State, have confessed how their juju failed them on the day they were arrested.

The suspects, Olalekan Lamidi, Taiwo Odunsi, Olawale Idowu, Sunday Femi, Akeem Ogunbiyi and Fatai Onimisi, P.M.News investigation revealed, operated mostly on six motorcycles (okada).

They were arrested the day they stormed the residence of Mrs. Fabolude Jimoh of 21, Fabolude Bus Stop, Akute, Ojodu Road in Ogun State and nine other houses. They robbed the occupants of the houses at gun point.

Sources said a leader of Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) who tried to arrest them, was shot several times by the robbers in the course of the operation but that the man escaped unhurt while the robbers later fled with their loot.

They were, however, trailed to their hideout at Ijoko, Ogun State, where they were arrested.

The police found in their possession a locally made gun with an empty shell, 12 live cartridges, two laptops and other items they stole.

The two Bajaj motorcycles with registration numbers AV 504 AAA and OG 606 KSF they used for the operation were also recovered.

Speaking with P.M.News, one of the robbers, Taiwo Odunsi, said: “It’s painful that all these juju prepared for us by a herbalist in Lagos State have failed to protect us. We coughed out N380,000 for them and yet the police arrested us.”

The case was later transferred to Eleweran Police Command, Ogun State, where the suspects were charged to court and sent to prison.

The Commissioner of Police in charge of Ogun State Command, Alhaji Hashimu Salihu Argungu, who confirmed the arrest, advised the public to always volunteer useful information to the police who are on how to combat criminal activities in their areas.

The command spokesperson, ASP Muyiwa Adejobi, also confirmed the arrest and arraignment of the suspect
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by comnsense: 1:54am On Jul 23, 2012
Let me give you proof that God or deities or juju or the supernatural does not exist. This is a short lesson in logic. I hope you can follow me. Logic consists in building undeniable premises from a general one; as long as they all add up, the truth is reached. Eg. Man is mortal - this is a general undeniable premise. I am a man, therefore I am mortal. These two statements add up; if I am a man, I know incontrovertibly that I am mortal. If anyone comes to tell me that they know or have seen an immortal man, I can say confidently that that was either not a man or they got their facts wrong. This is checking facts with logic.
Juju and all religions depend on the existence of the supernatural to be real. If we can logically show that the supernatural cannot exist, then juju and religions are also false. So, lets begin. To be supernatural, it has to be above the material universe, so it has to be immaterial. Matter is anything that has weight and occupies space, so, the immaterial or supernatural has no weight and doesn't occupy space - it is everywhere and nowhere at once. Therefore, it cannot be a multiple; it can only be one since occupying space is what makes matter countable and separate. This bands all claimed supernatural powers into one entity. Now this entity cannot have all the qualities of perfection, omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence as ascribed to God. Proof? Because they are contradictory - to be all knowing, God has to know the future, therefore, he can't change his mind (or the future he first knew would be false), therefore God is not omnipotent and not perfect. God is then limited and cannot have fullness of existence (having no beginning) as one needs limitlessness for that. If God had a beginning, then he may or may not be the cause of matter. So the supernatural as shown earlier is not perfect or the God of christianity. But we've ascertained that the supernatural had a beginning; that beginning had to have been from something else other than the supernatural and certainly not matter that we don't know about. If it is not matter, it is a further immaterial or supernatural entity. But we showed early on that the supernatural can only be one entity - so this fatally contradicts and cancels out the fact that the supernatural had a beginning as equally shown! So, the supernatural cannot exist. If you didn't follow, let me know and I will try to break it down some more. Hear O Nigeria, your God or gods do not exist. Case closed! Anything you experience individually is SIMPLY lacking in explanation at the present or the action of your brain (and the mind is a fragile and powerful thing)
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by tpia5: 1:59am On Jul 23, 2012

Stand up, stand up for Jesus,

stand in his strength alone;

the arm of flesh will fail you,

ye dare not trust your own.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by vanbonattel: 2:02am On Jul 23, 2012
JUJU DEY WORK O!

I WAS WALKING ALONG A LONELY VILLAGE ROAD THIS AFTERNOON AND BEHOLD, I SAW A BIG RAM WITH COILING HORNS, STANDING, DANCING WITH ITS TWO HIND LEGS, IT WAS TYING A NICE CLEAN WRAPPER WITH BLOUSE TO MATCH AND WAS NOT AFRAID TO RUN WHEN i APPROACHED, IN FACT, IT HAD A TWISTED SMILE ON ITS FACE, I RAN SO FAR AWAY THAT I LOST MY ONE EXPENSIVE SHOE, BUYS ARE STILL SEARCHING THE BUSHES FOR MY SHOE!
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by Nobody: 4:27am On Jul 23, 2012
[b]WHAT A DEPRESSING THREAD SHOWCASING THE GROSS IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY OF COLONISED AFRICANS WHOSE IMPORTED ''HOLY BOOKS'' ARE FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH ''JUJU'' ALMOST ON EVERY PAGE, FROM CHANGING WATER INTO WINE, TO SPLITTING RIVERS OPEN WITH A STICK, TO RAISING THE DEAD, TO WALKING ATOP A SEA, TO SLEEPING 40 NIGHTS IN A WHALE'S BELLY AND SURVIVING. TO ASCENDING INTO 'HEAVEN', TO VIRGIN BIRTH ETC ETC.

BUT OF COURSE THEIR WHITE COLONIZER SIMPLY SUBSTITUTED THE TERM JUJU FOR ''MIRACLE'' AND VOILA!!! OUR RESIDENT BRAINLESS MUMUS SUDDENLY EQUATE THE JUJU IN THEIR BIBLE WITH SOMETHING ''HOLY'', WHILE DISMISSING THEIR OWN INDIGENOUS JUJU AS ''OF THE DEVIL'' AND ''INEFFECTIVE''.

DUMB, FUC.KING, STU.PID, COLONISED, RETAR.DED NITWITS.

FACT IS YOU DO BELIEVE IN JUJU 10000%, BUT ONLY WHEN IT COMES IN THE SHAPE OF A WHITE, BLONDE FACE OR IMPORTED 'holy' BOOK PRESENTED TO YOU BY WHITE MEN, JEWS AND ARABS, BECAUSE YOU'RE A BUNCH OF COLONISED, THOUGHTLESS, INFERIORITY-COMPLEX AFFLICTED FOOOOLS.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by tpia5: 4:33am On Jul 23, 2012
van bonattel: JUJU DEY WORK O!

I WAS WALKING ALONG A LONELY VILLAGE ROAD THIS AFTERNOON AND BEHOLD, I SAW A BIG RAM WITH COILING HORNS, STANDING, DANCING WITH ITS TWO HIND LEGS, IT WAS TYING A NICE CLEAN WRAPPER WITH BLOUSE TO MATCH AND WAS NOT AFRAID TO RUN WHEN i APPROACHED, IN FACT, IT HAD A TWISTED SMILE ON ITS FACE, I RAN SO FAR AWAY THAT I LOST MY ONE EXPENSIVE SHOE, BUYS ARE STILL SEARCHING THE BUSHES FOR MY SHOE!

you are mistaken.

this was what you saw:

Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by antitpiah: 5:08am On Jul 23, 2012
naijaking1: Belief in juju is directly proportional to degree of ignorance

Thats not true. i wouldn't have passed WAEC without my "ogun isoye."

I didnt study at all and I ended with very good grades. Good grades, depending on your standard. As far as I am concerned, they were good enough. Maybe not good enough for university admission, but good enough to impress my local Oba.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by comnsense: 10:39am On Jul 23, 2012
Well said, ROSSIKE. Couldn't have put it better myself!
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by Rossikk(m): 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2012
comnsense: Well said, ROSSIKE. Couldn't have put it better myself!

My brother can you imagine how I was boiling while reading through this thread? The level of their brainwashing is just unreal. EVERYTHING about christianity and islam is pure juju. From their prayer, to speaking in tongues to their Eucharist (eating the flesh and drinking the blood of their godman, also known as ritual cannibalism), to human sacrifice (see crusades, jihads, both ancient and modern etc, in which untold millions have been slaughtered in the name of their 'lord' and 'god'). It goes on and on. The whites simply trick them by using various innocent-sounding terms to describe what they do, and they swallow it without thinking, only to come here to regurgitate their deceptions.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by comnsense: 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2012
Rossikk:

My brother can you imagine how I was boiling while reading through this thread? The level of their brainwashing is just unreal. EVERYTHING about christianity and islam is pure juju. From their prayer, to speaking in tongues to their Eucharist (eating the flesh and drinking the blood of their godman, also known as ritual cannibalism), to human sacrifice (see crusades, jihads, both ancient and modern etc, in which untold millions have been slaughtered in the name of their 'lord' and 'god'). It goes on and on. The whites simply trick them by using various innocent-sounding terms to describe what they do, and they swallow it without thinking, only to come here to regurgitate their deceptions.

Indeed, Indeed. Unfortunately, I am atheist but still open to learning and experiencing new things. I was also christian simply because I was born into a christian home but as I grew into adulthood, I saw the sheer stupidity and emptiness and HYPOCRISY of the foreign, invading religion. If I were religious - and I wrote a piece on this - I'd definitely be into juju and the native religion. At least, it would be something more to my taste and the taste of my fathers and ancestors. If it were foolish to be religious, it is even twice more foolish to be religious to another man's god! Better to be your own fool and another's fool. I see simpletons here disparaging juju and our religions by 'binding' in the name of Jesus - replacing one juju with another that they've been 'BRAINWASHED' into thinking is higher, better, more honourable. That's why a lot of our people profess christianity in public 'to look good' and then run to their native doctors when shit hits fan. Fools, Fools, Fools.
Re: Even Juju Doesn't Work In Nigeria Anymore by FJCRUISER: 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2012
hw can it work wen all of us ve become juju priest ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obiano Meets Bail Conditions, May Regain Freedom Today / PDP Rally: How Adamawa People Welcomed Atiku (Videos) / Government Approval Delays Dangote Refinery Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.