Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. (16775 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of Sneh / The Meaning Of Doro Bucci / What Is The Meaning Of Skelewu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by mbulela: 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
I don't blame the singers (most of them cannot be called artistes).I'll rather blame the paying crowd that keep patronising them.
I have seen a good number of Nigerian acts and i have a list of those i will see again after the first time. Same way i have a long list of those i will never pay to see until someone confirms to me that they have chosen the path of hard work as it concerns stage craft.
How can i pay to go listen to a cd I already have at home?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by Sagamite(m): 2:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by blacksta(m): 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
The OP is very correct - This is the main reason i would never pay a penny to attend any Nigerian hiphop concert - It is always a CD listening event. I can simply stay at home and listen to the CD

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by achu442(m): 2:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
On my own view...Its not actually the artist fault,cos i have watched D banj,wandecoal,timaya,p square,flavour,wizkid,duncan mighty and many others perform live....The problem is during studio sessions the tones,VST's,plugins ,improvisation in our nigerian beats are complicated...A producer will play instruments that when you call the artist for a live show he will get to have advanced tone generators in order to get exactly what is in d beats...u think if i book p square a show of a nite for 2 million i then get to hire instruments for another 2million to be able to get tones used in alingo,personally,roll it.etc...then wizkid will tell me he will need a MOTIVE XTS ROLAND to play his azonto song......,Producers should learn to do beats that can be played live. on stage

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
emmysenior: Tonto dike's voice can destroy a whole nation.
grin
lolest abi u dey kill me tonto dnt knw hw to sing?
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by HezronLorraine(m): 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
NM_Blog: @Hezron Lorraine, Your post has been featured @ http://nigeriamultimediablog..com with full credits to you and a link to the source, Nairaland.Com
Thank you.Truely much appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by Sagamite(m): 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
blacksta: The OP is very correct - This is the main reason i would never pay a penny to attend any Nigerian hiphop concert - It is always a CD listening event. I can simply stay at home and listen to the CD

Without a shadow of doubt.

And they miss out on profile opportunities because of their lack of mentality of being the best:

https://www.nairaland.com/1145126/why-dbanjs-koko-concert-failure/10#13599190
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by Isaiah90(m): 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
in Nigeria the musicians that know how to perform live are p-square, wizkid and dbanj.damn you need to see these guys perform live especially p-square. the rest are wack.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by stynoski: 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
achu442: On my own view...Its not actually the artist fault,cos i have watched D banj,wandecoal,timaya,p square,flavour,wizkid,duncan mighty and many others perform live....The problem is during studio sessions the tones,VST's,plugins ,improvisation in our nigerian beats are complicated...A producer will play instruments that when you call the artist for a live show he will get to have advanced tone generators in order to get exactly what is in d beats...u think if i book p square a show of a nite for 2 million i then get to hire instruments for another 2million to be able to get tones used in alingo,personally,roll it.etc...then wizkid will tell me he will need a MOTIVE XTS ROLAND to play his azonto song......,Producers should learn to do beats that can be played live. on stage

You spoke like a true professional in this field! Thumbs up!!
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by Tbken: 4:05pm On Oct 14, 2013
**clears throat** wel thru o buh hw terry go take live-perfom im own nah.....abi u don 4get say d guy pass u run mad...MR.MAN hapuya lyk dat.....or chop chicken and.........hehehe u knw d rest
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by decepticos(m): 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2013
its no news even femi kuti sometime in the early 2000's said something abt this, and he was a bit angry, then he hailed ruggedman (yes the baraje guy) and Darey art alade for being the better of the flock. Today i'll add a few ; M.i sometimes, YQ (did dis show at FUTA), Modenine (just give him da beat), Praiz, Bez, Asa, Chobams Asuquo, Djinee(at a time), and all juju, fuji, highlife, oghene artists, very few gospel acts like sammy okposo and frank edwards, i think 2face, faze and stylplus at times. these are the few i know dat actually knw dia lyrics and twist them to give the audience a good feel one they dont get when listening to d CD.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by Tinyemeka(m): 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
At the Road Block show which held December last year in Enugu, Tuface performed with his live band without any pre-recorded music.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by wellmax(m): 6:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
See this one by MI at the Coke studio in SA. Its so cool. I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VzCDA0qqtI&feature=player_embedded
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by buoye1(m): 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
Very coMmon amongst these hip hop,high life..et all artist but most Fuji artist(yoruba's) do live shows always.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by Ogajuwonlo1(m): 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2013
That is D more reason I dnt go for shows,is like askin me to come nd watch Terry g perfom live.I wil prefare watching K1 sef
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by Sagamite(m): 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
wellmax: See this one by MI at the Coke studio in SA. Its so cool. I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VzCDA0qqtI&feature=player_embedded

Now, that is a good performance.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by vizkiz: 8:20pm On Oct 14, 2013
Did i hear yuh say live performance Sowi oh..if davido is sinqinq dt his Skelewu..shey na me qo stand dey hear back-ups shout skelewu, skele-uh Hw e qo sound 4 ear sef?
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by oluamid(m): 9:25pm On Oct 14, 2013
M.I really impressed me on that coke studio gig. HHP impressed me more though. I think he was more comfortable with the liveband thingy.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by fiercehillz(m): 11:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
2face...2face...2face...2face...the guy nor dey carry last
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by VICMIK: 7:20am On Oct 15, 2013
True talk my brother.I barely enjoy the so called live performances of most nigerian musician.Although,usage of live band to a Performance seems much expensive but it brings out the best in an artiste.Most event planner/promoters tend to employ the services of a disc jockey to paying almost ten people that will play diff instrument.Moreover,there aim is to maximize profit,at the expense of getting value for the money spent. I won't be happy dat despite paying #5000 for a show and an artiste on stage is reminding d DJ d track he is meant to play
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by oluomoadebayo: 8:17am On Oct 15, 2013
It depends on the music though, the like of KSA, K1 and Pasuma gives live perfomance anytime anyday.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by Larrey(f): 9:45am On Oct 15, 2013
2face,asa,banky w,darey,tiwa salvage,omawunmi,praiz etc are good wen it comes to live performance
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by Onegai(f): 10:41am On Oct 15, 2013
Larrey: 2face,asa,banky w,darey,tiwa salvage,omawunmi,praiz etc are good wen it comes to live performance

Errr, hold up one minute, did you just mention TIWA SAVAGE gives good live performances??!! LOL!!!! She has ZERO stage presence and can barely sing live. Trust me, we've been backstage too many times. She has the most excellent packaging, because in this here Naija, we will buy mediocre talent as long as it is packaged beautifully. The only concerts I can pay for are Darey Art Alade and Psquare, I work for my moni o.

Tiwa Savage give good live performance, chei! Even my non-musical friends called me to vex after they attended something she did live.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by iamdsam: 10:43am On Oct 15, 2013
I would say music generally has changed globally. There are genres of musics that can be live performed like the RnB. Most artists now use auto tunes for their songs which makes it hard for them to have true live performances because they aren't going to use auto tune in live performances but their real voice. I would still say that am proud of the Nigerian music industry. We are breaking boundaries. Gone are the days when we patronized South African, Ghana, Congolese... music.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by iamdsam: 10:51am On Oct 15, 2013
Nomski0:
So true. Nigerian music industry needs songwriters. They dont have to know how to sing, they should just know how to write really inspirational and sensible lyrics.undecidedundecided
This aren't only a case in Nigeria. It's a global trend. Even artists from the United States which most of our Nigerian artists crave to feature don't also have sensible lyrics anymore.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by OmoUSH(m): 10:53pm On Oct 15, 2013
When i said that Beiber is far greater than Fela, and all African musicians in history combined, many ignorant bigots and dunderheads did not hesitate a bit to nail me. Now u c for yourselves. To all reasonable people in this continent, African musicians are totally useless and trashy. None can sing except with d aid of Vocoder. Their live performances always show how totally talentless and giftless they are. Little wonder they are hardly known beyound their continent. JB is far greater than all African entertainers of all time, COMBINED.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by mimidee09: 2:24am On Oct 16, 2013
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by mimidee09: 2:26am On Oct 16, 2013
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by decepticos(m): 6:37am On Oct 16, 2013
OmoUSH: When i said that Beiber is far greater than Fela, and all African musicians in history combined, many ignorant bigots and dunderheads did not hesitate a bit to nail me. Now u c for yourselves. To all reasonable people in this continent, African musicians are totally useless and trashy. None can sing except with d aid of Vocoder. Their live performances always show how totally talentless and giftless they are. Little wonder they are hardly known beyound their continent. JB is far greater than all African entertainers of all time, COMBINED.
thia statement is wrong in too many ways, pls how can Beiber be greater than Fela, this is sacrilage
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by HezronLorraine(m): 11:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
^
Agreed but disputable.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Know The Meaning Of Live Performance. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
Do they how to sing? Only singing about bumbum ass! Rubbish!. Anything that pops up in their head, they just feel it could be a hit undecided. At least tiwa Savage has some inspiring song I think! Same tune and err'thang. Iyanya's ur waist the beat is almost the same with sexy mama. Gosh!
Live Performance

omg! The music would be so loud, you can't hear their real voice, too much using of auto-tunes. They don't really understand what live performance is all about, your fans needs to hear your real voice. That's why we will never get there, I mean winning Grammy's and all that s-hit undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2face's Album “Away And Beyond” - Your Thoughts ? / "Freak Me" - Ciara Featuring Tekno (Audio) / "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.