Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,027 members, 7,953,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:23 AM

What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? (15424 Views)

Going Back To My Parent's After POP / Your NYSC Questions Answered / Things Corpers Should Do After POP. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by 2NDACCT(f): 10:34am On Oct 14, 2013
MY HTC SMARTPHONE FOR SALE AT A CHEAP PRICE, VISIT THE NL LINK BELOW
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 14, 2013
i threw my jungle boot away immediately i left the camp, my crested vest, khaki jacket, trousers nd the rest r in safe place for posterity. i still believe one hv to EARN the right to wear those things.
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by razzydoo(m): 10:39am On Oct 14, 2013
I left my jungle boots on a tree. The khakis, I left em' behind at our corpers lodge. Can't remember the fate of the crested vest.
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by komek(m): 10:40am On Oct 14, 2013
I left everything in my room back then in service except the cap because i wore it on my head to avoid questions.

The crested vest slacked even before the end of the programm.
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by dlex21(m): 10:40am On Oct 14, 2013
threw d jungle boot (which was looking sooo fresh NYSC would av collected it n given sum1 else in the next batch) away...took the khakis n crested vest(which i wore only once thruout my service year) om which i will eventually use as rag...cos i dnt see myself wearing it around d ous let alone outside. cheesy wink
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by kissCleo: 10:43am On Oct 14, 2013
All in my house..except the white shoes(dnt Know where they are.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 14, 2013
lakhadimar: I gave mine to a friend who lied to her parents that she was serving in sokoto state-(she actually didnt graduate from school), she took some pictures with it and showed it to her parents as an evidence that she really served
partner in crime

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Cathaliya: 10:46am On Oct 14, 2013
As for me, after collecting my discharge cert, i pulled the jungle boot, located the next trash can and bid it farewell. As for the jacket, i dropped it at the recharge card stand and forgot it there...........2 down.
the rest I left hanging in my ex-room

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 14, 2013
lol

Didnt even wear it in camp(Lagos Camp) Batch C '08

Wore my White Tee and 3quater combat shorts through out.

Then never bothered to go for CD, and donated my allowee to my LZ in exchange for attendance. grin
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by emmahoney(m): 10:56am On Oct 14, 2013
Mine has turned to farm kits!! . After june 6, i turned to farm.imagine scientist gradually turning to farmer due to unemployment!! what a nation without visionary leaders.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by buchisom1(m): 10:57am On Oct 14, 2013
i burnt all dose tinz tho they really make me luk sexy den...team2013 batch A
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by ITbomb(m): 10:57am On Oct 14, 2013
Dump them in the bin.
I kept only the belt with that iron head, at least that one doesnt take space in my luggage
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by zeezcounit: 11:02am On Oct 14, 2013
I left my jungle boot in camp while others (khaki, cap, crested vest, nysc crest ) are going to be kept for future reference purpose.
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Stonerobaba(m): 11:11am On Oct 14, 2013
Dropped mine at Ramdalat Hotel Kaduna where we had our passing out party
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by OCTAVO: 11:11am On Oct 14, 2013
Mine is still intact after almost 5years of NYSC. My children will see it hopefully. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by IbroSaunks(m): 11:13am On Oct 14, 2013
I just passed out, and apart from the boots which I bequeathed to a farmer, everything is still in my box.
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by ycmdng(m): 11:15am On Oct 14, 2013
I used mine to farm, especially d boot always for the jungle... cool
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Cathaliya: 11:17am On Oct 14, 2013
OCTAVO: Mine is still intact after almost 5years of NYSC. My children will see it hopefully. smiley
na wa o....you no snap picture?
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Mercyu1(f): 11:26am On Oct 14, 2013
U guys really cracked my ribs with some of ur post here.Anyway,I'm still serving but ll be passing out Feb next yr and i intend keeping only my cap n belt 4 my kids 2 see.Will throw away d jungle boot cos I hate it.D rest ll go 2 my sis who ll be passin out June
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by rubi96(f): 11:26am On Oct 14, 2013
OCTAVO: Mine is still intact after almost 5years of NYSC. My children will see it hopefully. smiley
my dad kept his from 1979 and u know what i saw it in 1996, full regalia, the colour of Khaki was something carton colour tending towards brown, no much difference in crested vest.the jungle boot no be here .it was hard that you couldn't raise your leg ( wondered how they wore it then ), Cap was a face cap with net at the back. keep it up if you can, it's not easy to keep things, but the feeling of seeing it years after is worth it

4 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by MsNas(f): 11:30am On Oct 14, 2013
I lost my Jungle boots Babs Animashaun because I no dey Gree wear am come from house and those gate men won't allow you in unless you're fully kitted. I used to carry in in a bag and I just forgot it there one day. I never found it or didn't bother to look sef grin grin. I used to use my khaki pants and socks as pajamas when it's cold grin grin And my crested shirt and jacket still dey my closet for Naija. Very new.

I didn't bother packing the tennis shoes from camp cos they were so weird fitting! I never wore it undecided I bought a military kind of belt in camp cos I couldn't tie the rope they issued us as belts. I used it to spread my clothes in camp anyways cheesy

The kits they supplied us were horrible though. As a kid, I used to see my Dad's NYSC stuffs in the house and they were nice. The cap was a correct baseball cap and the NYSC logo was kinda unique on it. The crested shirt was fitted and to size unlike the agbada they supplied me with. grin Hos khaki was original khaki. And the Jungle boots were nothing like the canoes they supplied us with. It was like Timberland boots. Very solid and the original Orange color. In my camp days we had like 20 different shades of khakis and Jungle boots undecided some people's khaki resembled bile angry grin
#Lagos 10B
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Tintinnoty(m): 11:32am On Oct 14, 2013
I gave crested vest out to a little boy who asked for it. And for the khaki and the jungle boot? Dont fink I knw their were about
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Ijobaorun(m): 11:35am On Oct 14, 2013
I kept it for my children to see and also encourage them.
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Angel4xhst2020: 11:36am On Oct 14, 2013
cool Keep dem Save
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 14, 2013
buchisom1: i burnt all dose tinz tho they really make me luk sexy den...team2013 batch A

Are u ok??
What wld u put on to the next CDS?

#allDisSmallGirlsFormingPorsche#

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by oluemmakay(m): 11:41am On Oct 14, 2013
My crested vest, khaki and cap are still resting in my wardrobe after one year of servic to me. Others have choose their desired destinatin.
#2010BatchA#
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by patrickmuf(m): 11:45am On Oct 14, 2013
well packed...it'd serve it's purpose when i decide to take a look down memory lane in future
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by explorer1906: 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2013
My khaki trousers was oversize, after being re-shape by camp tailor, it became Mallam trousers. The cap differs not from a flat plate, the sole of my jungle boot divorce my feet during endurance trek, my only consolation is the crested vest and khaki shirt which if I have no transport fair, I put-it-on and enter free private car which some drivers dey even rodger me when I drop. I serve in Maiduguri 2009/2010.
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Ishilove: 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
I packaged it well and kept it in my ghana-must-go bag at home. I later left home and relocated to another state because of work. So one day when I came home on a visit, I saw to my horror that the last born of my family had gone to where I kept the kit, taken the crested vest and turned it to his shoe rag angry

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by OCTAVO: 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2013
Cathaliya: na wa o....you no snap picture?
I snapped o.
What if I tell you my aunt has been keeping hers for the past 15years?
I learnt from her.
It's good to keep things my dear cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mine is still intact in a box, except for the boot and white sneakers though. Was happy to get rid of those. Never was a good fit.
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by ejagbangba: 12:25pm On Oct 14, 2013
i actually gv mine 2 my fiancee who was @ dat time pregnant and her own kits were 2 small 4 her,bt she kept both kits afta her service yr and dey r right still intact inside her box.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC Batch “A” 2015 Call Up Letter Is Currently Out –see How To Print Yours / Attention Corpers!!!!: Phony Medical Reports / What To Do During NYSC To Secure An Internship/job Afterwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.