Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? (15096 Views)

Going Back To My Parent's After POP / Your NYSC Questions Answered / Things Corpers Should Do After POP. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by toygod2: 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
ex-corp
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Glocee(f): 6:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
Batch B 06/06/2013 . I gave everything to my daddy n he kept them inside his box.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by gretafutor: 6:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
I gave mine 2 my father n he really used it 2 shine among his old folks in d villa afterall it was d proceeds of his hard earned money.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Glocee(f): 6:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
Onyenna:

Hahahaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Back then @ Nwannune(Benue state), the soldiers seized caps from tailors and shared to corpers....

Nwannuneh! Hahaha
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by aadejesu: 7:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
i droped everything in NCCF family house before leaving......

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by piagetskinner(m): 9:05pm On Oct 14, 2013
Pyrrho:

Are u ok??
What wld u put on to the next CDS?

#allDisSmallGirlsFormingPorsche#
She go tiE wrapper..grin
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by piagetskinner(m): 9:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
My creSted blouse and Alinco cap wiLl always b wiv Me till JESus ComEs...as for the rest, they'l gradually get Missing#team 12C#

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by rexyspy: 11:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
A one time #BatchA2013 passouts, let me think self. What did I even do with my kit?... Uh Ok, I get it.

In Enugu, a girl sneaked my own crested vest for after party gyration and libation in Minas bar. It was used as a dancing hub, as all the ex-corpers that passed out that night danced round it and poured heavy drinks on it.

For the boot, that one I left it for my tight ESUT friend in Enugu, so that he can be looking at it and hope to see the end of ASUU's strike and go and finish his final year exams and be posted for service. I even tell am make him dey rock am, take dey use am hold body and soul together.

For the khaki trouser, that one is not even trouser self. I will call it nicker, cos after the reshaping in awgu camp (in which the woman gba me and collected N800 from me), the trouser loose weight. I no gree sew another one, I told myself I must rock am till the end. But now, e be like say my ESUT guy don carry am clean water for him rug self.

For the cap, chai!, that one na god-forbid. Cap wey be like canoe wey person carry wear for head. Anytime I wear that thing, e go be like say dem depot me from burundi. I still leave that one for enugu too. I sure say my friend go don dey swear put for me as I leave all those inheritance for am.

Very funny how my dad was asking me
why I didn't bring any of those stuffs back to lagos. I blow better lie give am. I told him that if the government catches you wearing it after your service year, they'll look you up. Lool!... The old man no gree believe me na, even though after him finish school, dem fire am exemption letter.

Hahahaha.... My khaki kit story is kinda long sha, but am happy sharing it. I had a really fun-filled service year.

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Beaconofhope(m): 5:00am On Oct 15, 2013
chygoz3: I gave them out to another corps member that was still serving.
Exactly what I did too. Didn't see the need taking it back home.
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by OLEBRUKU(m): 6:49am On Oct 15, 2013
My own dey for inayd wardrobe since feb 2011
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by eldagaius(m): 8:30am On Oct 15, 2013
Gave mine to my father for farming things.
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by SenatorJames(m): 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nice thread. I managed to wear my own till the end of service year because its less than inferior material.

My cap got torn after six months and abandoned it in the corper's lodge

The trouser jump to three-quarter after 2nd washing

The khaki shirt was used for carrying cement with bike and for other manual labour in our NCCF Jesus corper's logde.

The socks got missed up with others in the logde

I left the jungle boot inside the big kit box in the logde where past corpers abandoned theirs

The rubber crested vest is in my bag. I pray it reach its elastic limit this year. From medium size to XXXL.

Proudly 2012 Batch B, Kogi state, Yagba East LGA, Isanlu
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by alextayo(m): 5:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
I still kept my kit in my wardrobe...you may enter politics tomorrow and your opponents may want to bring your educational credibility into question....so i will have not only my certificates to show them, but also my kit. Batch B, 2006....
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by yesboss20(m): 10:36am On Oct 24, 2013
Haha at the comments!
I left the white sneaks in Camp, dropped the cap/belt/khaki trouser in the room at the LGA I served.
Afterwards, I brought the rest back home (jacket, boot & crested vest). Haven't quite decided what to do but I fancy keeping them for as long as I can. Loved the jungle boots especially.

Batch "C" 2012, Ini LGA, Akwa Ibom. Ini saaan! Iyah! Ayaya o!
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
OCTAVO: Mine is still intact after almost 5years of NYSC. My children will see it hopefully. smiley
5years of service?? They give you extension of 4years ni?? undecided
Re: What Did You Do With Your NYSC kit After POP? by BlueButter(f): 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2019
[quote author=rubi96 post=18806771] my dad kept his from 1979 and u know what i saw it in 1996, full regalia, the colour of Khaki was something carton colour tending towards brown, no much difference in crested vest.the jungle boot no be here .it was hard that you couldn't raise your leg ( wondered how they wore it then ), Cap was a face cap with net at the back. keep it up if you can, it's not easy to keep things, but the feeling of seeing it years after is worth it[/quote

This seems like a motivation ]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members / Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC / How To Start A Business As A Corps Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.