Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery (16608 Views)

Pro-biafrans Unite To Form New ‘government’ / Buhari Pays Hospital Bill For Armed Robbery Victim (Photos) / 7 Yoruba Youths Arraigned For Kidnapping, Robbery Igbo Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Enoquin(f): 3:40am On Oct 14, 2013
SOME school-based cult groups in Edo State have come together in an alliance against the spate of kidnappings, armed robberies and other violent crimes in the state.

The cult members, belonging to various fraternities in schools across the state converged at the Sand Beach Resorts, Benin, on Saturday for a summit tagged “Interactive Peace Summit: Strategy for Social Cohesion.”

At the summit, the groups, which came together under the aegis of Rainbow Consolidated Forum said they were not satisfied with the spate of violent crimes and insecurity in the state and vowed to fight the situation.

Some of the fraternities at the summit included the Green Circuit (a.k.a Maphites), Norsemen (aka Vikings), , Eiye confraternity, Family Fraternity of Nigeria and Avarian Organization of Nigeria.

Governor Adam Oshiomhole, Oba of Benin, the Edo State Commissioner of Police, the State Security Service, and the Commandant of the National Security and Civil Defence Corps sent representatives to the summit of the cultists.

While acknowledging the damage already done by the activities of the cult groups in the state, the chairman of the Rainbow Consolidated Forum, Donald Edeoghon, said he hoped that their coming together to fight armed robbers, kidnappers and perpetrators of other violent crimes in Edo would yield good results.

He said, “If you remember, for over two decades, inter-group conflicts which often resulted in violent and fatal crisis were the attributes of Edo State communities. Innocent lives, properties of inestimable worth are taken and destroyed on a whim. Armed robbery, kidnapping, thuggery and sundry social vices rose to unprecedented levels; it became dangerous to reside and function legitimately in Edo State, and, in particular, Benin City.”

“Various efforts were made by various groups to check this disturbing trend. Some were sincere while others were not. They failed because their focus was eradicating inter-group conflicts, whereas conflicts are integral part of all human societies. The situation looked bad, but then came the platform of Rainbow Consolidated Forum with a template for all seasons.”

www.punchng.com/news/edo-cult-groups-unite-to-fight-kidnapping-robbery/
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 14, 2013
So criminals have turned to crime fighters!
Where is the NPF?
What happens to any suspect apprehended by these cultists?
Jungle justice? Mob action?
And to think the governor, oba of benin and police commissioner sent representatives to this meeting!
Beyond logic

33 Likes

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by francisbiz: 3:48am On Oct 14, 2013
Good move if put under serious police and sss check; extra judicial killing should not be sanctioned as means by the group.
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by BabaEleko(m): 4:01am On Oct 14, 2013
......::::::-----""""

1 Like

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Jxtmayor(m): 4:07am On Oct 14, 2013
Bullsh1t

4 Likes

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Boll2010: 4:35am On Oct 14, 2013
.#sleepy
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Nobody: 5:04am On Oct 14, 2013
i hope what SS leaders are embracing now will not turn brutal in the nearest future? From amnesty to criminals now, down to cultists with different motives,
besides, arent they supposed to drop their weapons before doing this? Are they also going to fight with guns and be equipped with wepons in order to work against those heartless fellows?. I dont support this at all. Unless they know the bad guys amidst of them and can secretly direct the relevant authorities to them.

5 Likes

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Afrocatalyst: 5:59am On Oct 14, 2013
Again I repeat,you can't use evil to fight evil. He that has an ear let him hear.

15 Likes

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by dominique(f): 6:03am On Oct 14, 2013
As if some of these so-called fraternities are not responsible for some of the kidnappings. Have they been equiped with the knowledge on how to track down these criminals and what to d with them if they're caught? What if they implicate a rival cult member as a kidnapper or armed robber, how is justice supposed to be carried out (tyre, petrol and matches I supose)? This could go wrong on so many levels.

5 Likes

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by deeptesting(m): 6:04am On Oct 14, 2013
It seems it no longer pays following the right path to achieve success in Nigeria, the association of unemployed graduates are yet to get any recognition from the Government but Association of Edo Cultist have the attention of not only the Government but all security apparatus in the state except for the Nigerian Army.. On my way to Mexico for a training in starting up an illegal gang.

19 Likes

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by petrov10: 6:49am On Oct 14, 2013
meeen this is just crazy.....i mean aint these kidnappers cultists themselves ?

5 Likes

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Splinz(m): 6:56am On Oct 14, 2013
WAT NONSENSE! SO ADAM CN'T EVN STAMP OUT KIDNAPPING & ODA VICES IN A STATE HE GOVERN? YET HE SHAMELESLY GOES ARND SPEWIN LIES ABT "APC" GOVT EFFICIENCY? IS THERE NO SECURITY FORCES IN EDO, DAT GROUPS OF THIEVES & DESTRUCTORS SHLD B GIVN RECOGNITN?
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by cashkid18(m): 6:59am On Oct 14, 2013
c criminals fightin crimes as if they ar nt d ones perpetratin d crimes..this is jst a way of gettin d govt to gv them amnesty..

1 Like

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Tuntheycr7: 7:06am On Oct 14, 2013
Enoquin: SOME school-based cult groups in Edo state have
come together in an alliance against the spate of
kidnappings, armed robberies and other violent
crimes in the state
Som the summit included the
Green Circuit (a.k.a Maphites), Norsemen (aka
Vikings), , Eiae confraternity, Family
Fraternity of Nigeria and Avarian Organization of
Nigeria
/
And apart from these groups above who else is responsible for those terrible acts ?

Enoquin: Governor Adam Oshiomhole, Oba of Benin, the Edo
State Commissioner of Police, the State Security
Service, and the Commandant of the National
Security and Civil Defence Corps sent
representatives to the summit of the cultists.
/
so even d Govrn. himsef supports this? and d yeye oga at the tops of NPF and NCDSC ? so if dis cultist hapnd to apprehend anybdy wat wud hapnd JUNGLE JUSTICE ?
I dnt blame dem since militants are now FG salary earners. I gave up on our leaders

1 Like

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 14, 2013
APC members are cultists.
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 14, 2013
Someone please tell me this is a joke

5 Likes

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by donguutti: 7:18am On Oct 14, 2013
It pays to be a criminal,you get recognition from all quaters.very soon,this new 'civil society' /NGO would be asking for community watch allowance.

Joint Community Cult Fellowship.(JCCF).kudos to the progressive Governor of Edo state.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Brimmie(m): 7:54am On Oct 14, 2013
Nna, this countiri ehn.. It is a jooky! Odikwa very serious!
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by taharqa: 7:56am On Oct 14, 2013
WTF!!

1 Like

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Waspy(m): 7:58am On Oct 14, 2013
This is Winnie, Winnie, the Pooh. embarassed
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by dridowu: 8:33am On Oct 14, 2013
Honestly , i dont trust them, may be all ds guys are just looking for weak point of d security department so that they can unleash their evil in a massive way
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by talktimi(m): 8:50am On Oct 14, 2013
Progressives grin
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 14, 2013
This is so funny. cheesy. Only in Nigeria where any sh*t goes.

And they failed to realise that most of the robberies, kidnapping and other vices were/are being carried out by these cultists...

People who always see their rivals as potential threats. People who believe in violence.

Need I say more about various killings on campuses across the nation? The Lagos, Calabar, Enugu, Awka-Ibom. Epkoma etc.

Recently, I read about some group of cult boys that were caught in Kogi east with a snatched car...

People who drinks and do drugs...

I'm so sure that they will soon start to ask for amnesty.

I'm not surprised though, cos even the previous saga involving the Rivers house of assembly was backed up with cult activities.
Obviously, some of these so called sh*ts we've got as political leaders are cultists and use cultists to commit crimes like ballot box snatching, assassinations etc.

Such a huge shame.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by gratiaeo(m): 9:10am On Oct 14, 2013
APC i hail thee........
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by sCun: 9:17am On Oct 14, 2013
APC
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Ayomax(m): 9:38am On Oct 14, 2013
ole won catch ole

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Jayses(m): 9:38am On Oct 14, 2013
J

1 Like

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by ShenTeh(m): 9:43am On Oct 14, 2013
Ahahahahaha, I lauph in Ishan. Yawah, it iz time zhe Edo feofle too pield their own militia. You will remamber zhat theey hap been marzinalized por a bery loang time now. Mallam Adams, ai da kai ma? Iz thiz yuar retireman flan? One Naijiriya babu shaka!

2 Likes

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 14, 2013
for real??dis most be a joke

2 Likes

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by PBundles(m): 9:44am On Oct 14, 2013
Let me tell you now what the next step will be......request amnesty and by the way a paycheck. Like someone said earlier, ONLY in Nigeria does it pay to do crime.....look at the politicians.

1 Like

Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by executinal(m): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2013
I SEE

Use juju fight juju
Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 14, 2013
I must confess, our leaders are confused...so do they mean They'll allow those cultists(bloody civilians) handle weapons?? And when They're done with the kidnappers, They'll add their legally acquired weapons to their arsenal and continue the bloodshed that already exist among their groups....i love america "WE DON'T NEGOCIATE WITH TERRORISTS" the platform is different, but these cultists are also terrorists...if the government can't secure the lives of civilians themselves, then why're they still in existence?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo / Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2017). / Birthday Tribute To Former President Goodluck Jonathan!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.