Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation (2081 Views)

Kokori, N-delta APC Leaders Stoking My Row With EFCC —tompolo / Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation / Reps-elect Demands 50% Pay Cut For Buhari, Lawmakers, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Nobody: 5:04am On Oct 14, 2013
11 October 2013, by Chris Eze,

States in the Niger Delta region have demanded upward review of the current13% derivation paid to oil producing states to 50%.
This was the high point of their presentation
yesterday to the Revenue Mobilization
Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC)
in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, as the
commission rounded off its zonal public
hearing on the best way to share the nation’s
revenues among the three tiers of
government.
If approved, revenues accruing to oil
producing states of Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa,
Rivers, Edo, Abia, Delta, Ondo, Imo and
Anambra which joined the league recently
will multiply by close to 300 per cent.
With the existing 13% derivation, the
abrogation of the onshore/offshore
dichotomy during the Obasanjo regime had
created a wide gap in revenues between oil
producing and non-oil producing states.
Many states in the later group complained
that they have been impoverished by the
legislation.
In addition, the Niger Delta zone is pushing
for the establishment of the ‘Petroleum Host
Community Fund’ in section 116 of the
proposed Petroleum Industry Bill which is
before the National Assembly. This was
emphasised at the public hearing yesterday.
Other geopolitical zones had during their
public hearing rejected any further increase
in the percentage of derivation accruing to
the oil producing states.
Regions of the north particularly called for a
legislation to restore the onshore/offshore
dichotomy in revenue sharing.
During the Nort west public in Kaduna, states
in the zone said they did not support any
further increase on the 13% derivation, and
called for a legislation to restore abrogated
the onshore/offshore dichotomy.
Stakeholders in the zone said they believed
that the Niger Delta states have been fairly
compensated through the 13% derivation, the
Niger Delta Development Commission,
Amnesty Programme, the Niger Delta
Ministry and increased budgetary allocations
to the Niger Delta under the present
Administration.
However, some Niger Delta leaders
immediately criticized the submission by the
North West which opposed additional revenue
to the region beyond the 13% derivation.
Comrade Nengi James, Chairman, Oil and
Gas Committee, Nembe community, and
Chairman Civil Liberties Organization, CLO,
Bayelsa chapter said “I believe what they are
saying is a mere joke because that will be
tantamount to undermining the gesture of the
Niger Delta people for being magnanimous
enough to share their resources with the rest
of the country’’
During the north east public hearing in
Bauchi, states in the region presented a
similar position as the north west, rejecting
any addition to the 13% derivation, and
demanded for the establishment frontier
exploration agency for the purpose of oil
exploration in the region.
However, the Niger Delta states yesterday
demanded that the share of federal
government in FAAC be drastically reduced,
while the shares of states and local
governments increased considerably in the
spirit of true fiscal federalism.
This view is shared by states in all the six
geopolitical zones as expressed during the
public hearings.
Presenting the position of Bayelsa state, the
Governor, Seriake Dickson, represented by
the Secretary to the State Government, Prof.
Edmund Allison Oguru said cutting down the
revenue accruing to the Federal Government
apart from making more funds available to
the states and local governments would to a
great extent reduce the ‘’do or die mentality’’
with which politicians scramble to assume
the presidency of the country.
He also argued that the percentage of the
allocations given on the strength of the
population across the states which according
to him currently stands at 40% be slashed to
10%. He stressed that there is no reliable
census figure in the country at the moment
to determine the accurate population of any
given state.
Earlier while declaring the public hearing
open, Governor Dickson noted that the aim of
the review of the revenue sharing formula
was to address the injustice inherent in the
current formula.
He said in order for justice to be seen to
have been done, Nigeria should go back to
the sharing formula being adopted when
agriculture was the main stay of Nigerian
economy, where derivation was 100 and 50
percent at various times.
While calling on other regions of the country
to show understanding, Dickson urged the
National Assembly to expedite action on the
passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill, (PIB)
to also help and address some of the
injustice in the federation.
In his address of welcome, the Chairman of
the Revenue Mobilization Allocation and
Fiscal Commission, (RMAFC), Engr. Elias
Mbam, said the exercise was in line with the
provisions of the 1999 constitution which
requires that the revenue formula be
reviewed periodically to reflect the changing
realities in the society.
He noted that the commission had gone
round the 36 states and the FCT, including
the 774 local government areas to consult
with the people, and expressed the readiness
of the commission to reflect the views of the
people in the final report.
Earlier, states in the South west had
demanded that Federal government’s 53.8%
share of revenue from the federation account
be slashed down to 30% while states’
revenues increased to 42%. They also called
for the upward review of local government
allocation to 28%.
In similar manner, states in the North West
called for federal government’s share of the
revenue to be put at 41% while states get
34.5%, leaving local governments with 24.5%
from the present 20%.

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/7492-new-revenue-formula-n-delta-demands-50-derivation
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Ngwakwe: 7:40am On Oct 14, 2013
Not applicable for now.

States in the Niger Delta region have demanded upward review of the current13% derivation paid to oil producing states to 50%.

Very necessary

In addition, the Niger Delta zone is pushing
for the establishment of the ‘Petroleum Host
Community Fund’ in section 116 of the
proposed Petroleum Industry Bill which is
before the National Assembly. This was
emphasised at the public hearing yesterday.
Other geopolitical zones had during their
public hearing rejected any further increase
in the percentage of derivation accruing to
the oil producing states.

The criteria used by North in siphoning our common patrimony.

He also argued that the percentage of the
allocations given on the strength of the
population across the states which according
to him currently stands at 40% be slashed to
10%. He stressed that there is no reliable
census figure in the country at the moment
to determine the accurate population of any
given state.
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Iykopee(m): 7:47am On Oct 14, 2013
oil wahala. The position of the north is always on d inverse concerning Niger delta or oil producing states...why?
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 14, 2013
I just cant understand why we Niger Deltan's are so greedy and selfish
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by ogb5(m): 9:46am On Oct 14, 2013
eddiebruk: I just cant understand why we Niger Deltan's are so greedy and selfish

We are not greedy neither are we selfish, if your zone does not have access to free oil moneynthat comes from the destruction of the Niger delta, you people will put on you thinking caps and work to generate revenue.

Oil money has made you lazy, unless we find a way to stop this free flow of money to your sleeping states, Nigeria will not progress. Japan has no oil, no gas, no minerals and only a minute part of their country can be farmed, yet they are economic giants.

What exactly is stopping you people from planning your growth outside oil?

1 Like

Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 14, 2013
ogb5:

We are not greedy neither are we selfish, if your zone does not have access to free oil moneynthat comes from the destruction of the Niger delta, you people will put on you thinking caps and work to generate revenue.

Oil money has made you lazy, unless we find a way to stop this free flow of money to your sleeping states, Nigeria will not progress. Japan has no oil, no gas, no minerals and only a minute part of their country can be farmed, yet they are economic giants.

What exactly is stopping you people from planning your growth outside oil?

I don't get this sir, Being selfish and greedy is as a result of the too much inflow of funds via oil, and i am not on the supporting angle so i still cant understand the need of this your epistle, because from what i can understand we both want this Lazy attitude of the Niger Deltans to stop.
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by ogb5(m): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2013
eddiebruk:

I don't get this sir, Being selfish and greedy is as a result of the too much inflow of funds via oil, and i am not on the supporting angle so i still cant understand the need of this your epistle, because from what i can understand we both want this Lazy attitude of the Niger Deltans to stop.

Read my post again, the ones that are lazy are the other nigerians, who sit back and wait for free oil money, i was not referring to niger deltans as lazy.
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 14, 2013
ogb5:

Read my post again, the ones that are lazy are the other nigerians, who sit back and wait for free oil money, i was not referring to niger deltans as lazy.

We are talking about Niger Deltans here not Nigeria as a whole, Niger Deltans are greedy, selfish and Lazy, take it or leave it

Who talks about oil money besides Niger Deltans....? who becomes Lazy because of Oil...? aren't they the same Niger Deltans...? which other Nigerians gets lazy because of oil..?
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by DaLover(m): 11:09am On Oct 14, 2013
eddiebruk: I just cant understand why we Niger Deltan's are so greedy and selfish

I am surprised at this? its either you are not a real niger deltan or very ignorant
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:15am On Oct 14, 2013
This is m favorite amongst the whole epistle:

The SW wants government allocation slashed to 30% and revenue increased to 41%!

Did anybody got the message?

We already generate more that we were given!

SW on the move!

Fucck oil!!

Pls govt, give them their 50% o, and allow them sit their fat lazy asses at home and let them keep up the criminal works due to laziness!!!

1 Like

Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by DaLover(m): 11:15am On Oct 14, 2013
eddiebruk:

We are talking about Niger Deltans here not Nigeria as a whole, Niger Deltans are greedy, selfish and Lazy, take it or leave it

Who talks about oil money besides Niger Deltans....? who becomes Lazy because of Oil...? aren't they the same Niger Deltans...? which other Nigerians gets lazy because of oil..?

Why shouldnt the 9ja deltans talk about their oil, isnt it their resource? This is really irresponsible thinking on your part?

If nigeria generates $100b annually from 6 states, and shares between the 36states and FG, would it be better if the country was generating $600b from the 36states?
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by DaLover(m): 11:21am On Oct 14, 2013
SLIDE waxie: This is m favorite amongst the whole epistle:

The SW wants government allocation slashed to 30% and revenue increased to 41%!

Did anybody got the message?

We already generate more that we were given!

SW on the move!

Fucck oil!!

Pls govt, give them their 50% o, and allow them sit their fat lazy asses at home and let them keep up the criminal works due to laziness!!!

If not for your tribalism you would realise that resource control is different from derivation you are talking about,
if 50% tax is implemented under resource control, the oil industry controled by the niger deltans will pay the Tax, the state governors will be forced to create condusive environments if they want the to increase their tax baseline...

This is against the present system, where the 9ja deltans are denied opportunities in then oil industry by the lagos axis politics

1 Like

Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by ogb5(m): 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
eddiebruk:

You must be alien to politics in nigeria. Those who talk about oil money most are the northerners.
They are the ones who want to rule perpertially to get access to oil money.
They are the ones who screem, no resource control. Imagine a citizen telling another citizen that he can not control resources on his land. If that is not colonialisation, then what is?

They are the ones who created multiple mushroom local governments to use in getting a larger share of oil money.
They are the ones who bomb fellow citizens because they have been denied presidency for 2 yrs and the attendant easy access to oil money.

So mr man, sit back and open your eyes

1 Like

Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
ogb5:

You must be alien to politics in nigeria. Those who talk about oil money most are the northerners.
They are the ones who want to rule perpertially to get access to oil money.
They are the ones who screem, no resource control. Imagine a citizen telling another citizen that he can not control resources on his land. If that is not colonialisation, then what is?

They are the ones who created multiple mushroom local governments to use in getting a larger share of oil money.
They are the ones who bomb fellow citizens because they have been denied presidency for 2 yrs and the attendant easy access to oil money.

So mr man, sit back and open your eyes

You need to stop lying, What Tompolo and his co gets annually is worth more than what half of the Northerners receive Quarterly, so please change your gospel and tell yourself the truth, BIU has over 300 Students who are under his scholarship, meanwhile the lowest school fees paid in this same school is 400k, How many Northern Children get as much opportunity as this...? and mind you this is just one, not to mention of the numerous others, well what do i expect from a Greedy and selfish NDeltan like yourself, i wont deny it, i am from Warri, but i hate to admit that i am from the N-Delta because of the likes of you and other greedy/selfish N-Deltans.
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
DaLover:

If not for your tribalism you would realise that resource control is different from derivation you are talking about,
if 50% tax is implemented under resource control, the oil industry controled by the niger deltans will pay the Tax, the state governors will be forced to create condusive environments if they want the to increase their tax baseline...

This is against the present system, where the 9ja deltans are denied opportunities in then oil industry by the lagos axis politics

Dubai has Oil just as Nigeria does, how many times have you heard of a particular region claiming ownership of her resources...? if you want to claim ownership of a Natural resources that is meant for the whole country, then you should be paying for the Rains and Air you breath.

4 Likes

Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2013
DaLover:

Why shouldnt the 9ja deltans talk about their oil, isnt it their resource? This is really irresponsible thinking on your part?

If nigeria generates $100b annually from 6 states, and shares between the 36states and FG, would it be better if the country was generating $600b from the 36states?

It is because of people that think like you do that makes others wants this country to be divided, consider this situation..? What if it was the Northerners that has this same oil..?

The North holds larger land-mast than the South and so the FG are trying as much as possible to put that into consideration, their population is in multiple compared to the South, how do you expect poverty to be eradicated without considering channeling a considerable amount of resources to these poverty stricken part of the country.? or your greediness has made you think that even if the Niger-Deltans are 500 in number because they own Oil then they should still get the larger share, how pathetic of a heartless and selfish human being
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by DonMagicJuan: 12:29pm On Oct 14, 2013

SINCE OIL WAS DISCOVERED IT HELPED BUILD YOUR LAGOS, ABUJA AND EVERY OTHER PART OF THE COUNTRY.

EVEN ALL THE THEIVING PAST MILITARY AND CIVILIAN HEAD OF STATES POCKETED A VAST AMOUNT OF THIS REVENUE FOR THEMSELVES AND DID NOTHING FOR THE HOST COMMUNITIES.

YOU AND YOUR BOKO COUSINS ARE THE REAL GREEDY THIEVING INGRATE PARASITES

2 Likes

Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Ikengawo: 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
so if you cook food in your house and eat 50% of it while giving your neighbors the other 50 you're selfish?
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

SINCE OIL WAS DISCOVERED IT HELPED BUILD YOUR LAGOS, ABUJA AND EVERY OTHER PART OF THE COUNTRY.

EVEN ALL THE THEIVING PAST MILITARY AND CIVILIAN HEAD OF STATES POCKETED A VAST AMOUNT OF THIS REVENUE FOR THEMSELVES AND DID NOTHING FOR THE HOST COMMUNITIES.

YOU AND YOUR BOKO COUSINS ARE THE REAL GREEDY THIEVING INGRATE PARASITES

Don't kill yourself with hypertension, I am from Warri, even though i am not in support of your lousy reasons, you should keep quiet and think about why are these things happening if those whom we call the N-Deltan leaders are not giving them the reason to do so, Your own Leaders are responsible, they are the ones selling out your rights, so if you want the right thing to be done, start with your leaders from your grassroot, put the frauds of DESOPADEC, NDDC, and other NDELTA organization into consideration and you will see how your own leaders are responsible for the loot and not the northerners, the leaders deceive you by making you believe that the Northerners are responsible for your setback, but do you know that Former DESOPADEC chairman (Named: Okrika) stole stole $17Million dollars in cash that was found in his house and till today nothing was done about that situation..?
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ikengawo:
so if you cook food in your house and eat 50% of it while giving your neighbors the other 50 you're selfish?

Yes, you are selfish if your neighbor has a family of 10 people meanwhile it is just you and your wife, of-course it is your food, but you are selfish for not considering their number.
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by DaLover(m): 12:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
eddiebruk:

Dubai has Oil just as Nigeria does, how many times have you heard of a particular region claiming ownership of her resources...? if you want to claim ownership of a Natural resources that is meant for the whole country, then you should be paying for the Rains and Air you breath.

I have not heard of it many times because I dont listen to local dubai news...
what do you define as natural resources?
For me natural resi=ources are
1-Human resources
2-Mineral
3-Land mass, Arable land
4-Rivers and sea
5-Air
6-ETC

Does it make sense that the government of the country is run on natural resources from only one part of the country?
Stop sharing and start contributing, and see how all the parts of the country will wake...because it will be stand up for yourself or die..
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
DaLover:

I have not heard of it many times because I dont listen to local dubai news...
what do you define as natural resources?
For me natural resi=ources are
1-Human resources
2-Mineral
3-Land mass, Arable land
4-Rivers and sea
5-Air
6-ETC

Does it make sense that the government of the country is run on natural resources from only one part of the country?
Stop sharing and start contributing, and see how all the parts of the country will wake...because it will be stand up for yourself or die..

How about the large number of farm produce that are being imported from the north into the South..? Tomatoes, Rice, Yam Tubers, Even Livestock, Cow's and others...? have you heard from the Northerners claiming to be the major contributors of such good and as a result should be considered a larger percent of Agricultural Budget...?
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by DaLover(m): 12:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
eddiebruk:

It is because of people that think like you do that makes others wants this country to be divided, consider this situation..? What if it was the Northerners that has this same oil..?

The North holds larger land-mast than the South and so the FG are trying as much as possible to put that into consideration, their population is in multiple compared to the South, how do you expect poverty to be eradicated without considering channeling a considerable amount of resources to these poverty stricken part of the country.? or your greediness has made you think that even if the Niger-Deltans are 500 in number because they own Oil then they should still get the larger share, how pathetic of a heartless and selfish human being

And this is the great mistake you make, no country ever pulled itself out of poverty by sharing proceeds from sales of natural resource...the only place this has happened is in very lightly populated middle east countries with more oil than nigeria and less population than delta state....that is not an economic model that can work in a highly populated country like ours?

Each state needs to think of how to industrise based on the natural resources found in its environment, this will create jobs and pull people out of poverty, free money distrubution will not encourage governments or governors to do this.

If funding is a problem meduim and long terms loans can be sourced with the governors thinking creatively...again governments dont need to be involved in running the business...else they will continue to be poor forever
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Ikengawo: 12:50pm On Oct 14, 2013
eddiebruk:

Yes, you are selfish if your neighbor has a family of 10 people meanwhile it is just you and your wife, of-course it is your food, but you are selfish for not considering their number.

and when did you impregnate his wife 10 times for them to feel obligated to eating your food. If they're getting some regularly they should be grateful for the gift. Instead they feel entitled to it and even attack you whenever they're angry.
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by DaLover(m): 12:51pm On Oct 14, 2013
eddiebruk:

How about the large number of farm produce that are being imported from the north into the South..? Tomatoes, Rice, Yam Tubers, Even Livestock, Cow's and others...? have you heard from the Northerners claiming to be the major contributors of such good and as a result should be considered a larger percent of Agricultural Budget...?

Chief, do the farmers give it to the south for free?

Ijaws are asked to leave the resource, the FG colabos with other nigerians to mine it and they give whatever they decide to political administrators who are not choosen by the nigerdelta people...

why are you comparing this two things?
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 14, 2013
DaLover:

And this is the great mistake you make, no country ever pulled itself out of poverty by sharing proceeds from sales of natural resource...the only place this has happened is in very lightly populated middle east countries with more oil than nigeria and less population than delta state....that is not an economic model that can work in a highly populated country like ours?

Each state needs to think of how to industrise based on the natural resources found in its environment, this will create jobs and pull people out of poverty, free money distrubution will not encourage governments or governors to do this.

If funding is a problem meduim and long terms loans can be sourced with the governors thinking creatively...again governments dont need to be involved in running the business...else they will continue to be poor forever

This greediness pulled Delta State away from Bendel State which was then both Benin City and Delta State, now Benin City has been in existence without Oil for over 21years now, and yet can still be compared to be in same social economical level as Delta State with her oil, so tell me, how has the Oil made Delta State any better....?
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
DaLover:

Chief, do the farmers give it to the south for free?

Ijaws are asked to leave the resource, the FG colabos with other nigerians to mine it and they give whatever they decide to political administrators who are not choosen by the nigerdelta people...

why are you comparing this two things?

SO can you tell me what N-Deltans or rather what the South do with the Agricultural Budget that is being given to them Annually..? if they dont have any use for the Budget, then they should reject it and suggest it being given to the North, this will help them in a far more better way than having hopes of returns coming to them from Oil.
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by DaLover(m): 1:09pm On Oct 14, 2013
eddiebruk:

Don't kill yourself with hypertension, I am from Warri, even though i am not in support of your lousy reasons, you should keep quiet and think about why are these things happening if those whom we call the N-Deltan leaders are not giving them the reason to do so, Your own Leaders are responsible, they are the ones selling out your rights, so if you want the right thing to be done, start with your leaders from your grassroot, put the frauds of DESOPADEC, NDDC, and other NDELTA organization into consideration and you will see how your own leaders are responsible for the loot and not the northerners, the leaders deceive you by making you believe that the Northerners are responsible for your setback, but do you know that Former DESOPADEC chairman (Named: Okrika) stole stole $17Million dollars in cash that was found in his house and till today nothing was done about that situation..?

Hope you know that individuals being corrupt does not in anyway affect the quest for greater autonomy for the nigerdelta and resource control...
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by DaLover(m): 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2013
eddiebruk:

The question is how much of this contributes to the money needed by the federal government to run the country? How much of the agrictural produce is part of the money the states use to run thier budgets?

Isnt it surprising that in the 60s the northern regoin taxes farmers to run it's self but cannot do it today because everyone is waiting for free oil?
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by DonMagicJuan: 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
eddiebruk:

The most senseless post ever and you are not from warri since this post make u carry last
Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by DaLover(m): 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
eddiebruk:

This greediness pulled Delta State away from Bendel State which was then both Benin City and Delta State, now Benin City has been in existence without Oil for over 21years now, and yet can still be compared to be in same social economical level as Delta State with her oil, so tell me, how has the Oil made Delta State any better....?

Guy try to look at things from a broader perspective....
if oil that generates $100b annually for the federal comes from 6 or so states what are the other 30 states contributing?
Assuming my figure is correct, right now the FG would have a pantry sum of $45b annually to spend on all its projects and salaries. 55% going to the States and LGAs...

But if each region struggles to produce just $50b ber annum, the country would be generating $100b +(5 X $50b) or $350b.

At 50% tax, the FG would collect $175b annually, that is a lot better that the $45b we are collecting now...
stop focusing on the Nigerdelta and start becomeing productive...thats all

1 Like

Re: New Revenue Formula...n/ Delta Demands 50% Derivation by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2013
DaLover:

Hope you know that individuals being corrupt does not in anyway affect the quest for greater autonomy for the nigerdelta and resource control...

Exactly what i want you to admit, but truth be told, the Oil has made %90 of those in the affairs of the N-Delta corrupt and as such should be regarded as being greedy and selfish

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Negotiates With Defecting Governors, Senators / B.R.E.A.K.I.N.G; Offical CV Of Stella Oduah Edited / Atiku Abubakar NOT Buhari can Reconcile Nigerians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.