Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses (21638 Views)

Jonathan And Sambo With Oritsejafor, CAN President, Others / Chukwumerije, Nwogu, Abaribe, Others Reject Abia PDP Congress / Akpabio, Mimiko, Others Reject Amaechi’s Victory, Allege Rigging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by jojoki: 10:19am On Oct 14, 2013
Another way of Government embezzlement in Nigeria. Nigerians are suffering and smiling.
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by ayusco85(m): 10:19am On Oct 14, 2013
Who cares if the choose to stay in face M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ i face U? Bunch of lazy behinds doing nothing in the national assembly aside saying "I" and "Nay"

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by Yusluv77(m): 10:20am On Oct 14, 2013
Deep sigh... Speechless !!
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by kingzjay(m): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2013
Who said the rich won't be getting richer? Imagine those helpless Nigerian in the creeks and villages without shelter...

God is watching us...
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by topsyking: 10:26am On Oct 14, 2013
[/b] AGAIN!!! NO MORE ...LET US MATCH DOWN TO ASO ROCK AND TEAR IT DOWN.. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH[b] grin
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by timwezzb(m): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2013
All we are Saying is plssss Our Leaders MEET ASUU DEMAND!
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by Sagamite(m): 10:46am On Oct 14, 2013
If EFCC cannot arrest this person FCT Minister called Bala Mohammed, can Boko Haram please slaughter this useless foooool?
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 14, 2013
Just look at how my country's resources is being squandered by ediots when several Nigerians live below two dollars on a daily basis. I just attended a townhall meeting organized by a congresswoman here in LA and I admired the simple lifestyle of politicians in developed countries. Naija polithieftians only see the national assembly as a resting place after some sessions with harl*ots in hotels and yet exaust huge sums of money with little or nothing to show for it. Iiiiiiidiots undecided
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 14, 2013
Bunch of un-repentant criminals!
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by safarigirl(f): 10:52am On Oct 14, 2013
A guest house? What an eediotic idea? If dem no want, just dash the house to the best graduating student in select Federal unis or to the best Corpers in all 36 states, those ones need the houses at least.
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by Dewze(m): 10:55am On Oct 14, 2013
Afrocatalyst: That's a good one by them. Some pple have to stand up against the rot in the system. I just hope they are sincere and are nt doing this for the image... 2015 might be their motive sha.

These men would never live in a place called 'Goodluck Jonathan' District. Just as the Republicans in the US today find it so hard to surport a bill popularly named 'Obama' care.

They are too clever to let posterity mock them. Also offcourse, they are politicians.
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by ENDTIMES: 10:56am On Oct 14, 2013
Kitipka gbagbu kwa ndi ara!!!
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by boss1310(m): 11:02am On Oct 14, 2013
i kept saying we dont need national assembly in Nigeria,its a waste of resources.95% of them rigged their elections to get there anyway and cant be said to be legitimate representatives

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by dady12: 11:35am On Oct 14, 2013
it is clear that the GEJ admistration cannot meet up with ASUU demand,but he is busy holding meeting upon meeting with aggrieve pdp gov,he ve embark on govt of building official residence for lawbreaker with jombo salary,16 billions of first lady mission house to senate president and deputy,house of rep speaker and deputy,it will soon get to governors and deputy and chairman and vice to councilor leader and chief wip ,where is abacha and his loot today?God is watching,the wicked can not go unpunish
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by awizzy1(m): 11:57am On Oct 14, 2013
MightyThor: It is all good and well that they require official houses, however rejecting a huge financial project that is over 50% complete at this time Nigeria is going through a finical crunch and the on going face-off with ASUU, is ridiculous.

What is it and the Federal Government always building Houses for thee guys? the next set of lawmakers can just declare these houses 'unfit' for them and approve new set for themselves.

The Federal Government should just place them all in a collective place and install what ever security measure needed and anyone that does not like it should source for his/her "suitable" accommodation elsewhere at their own personal expenses. Every year there is a budget for houses for lawmakers, why wont ASUU insist on getting their own demands as well.

Now these hoses that has been rejected will now be rebuilt at whose expense? and the guest houses that the former will be converted to (as if we do not have enough guest houses already) who will stay their as they all prefer hotel and such.

The queen of England's house hold budget has been reduced over the years (she even brings in some revenue), here the Oga's @the top, are wasteful and what have they done to bring money into the coffers of the country?. and if i may ask what is wrong with their current residence? and the security threat that they are running away from, who are they leaving it for?

I was at the site(Maitama Aleiro) 6weeks ago,the site looks abadoned and they are still at foundation level....66.8% complete?? Oga Bala calm down na..even if the minister was refering to the total infrastructure of maitama aleiro;they are no where close to 66.8% completion...#Naija
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by dabossman(m): 11:57am On Oct 14, 2013
“The National Assembly is the highest democratic body we have apart from the Presidency. And the National Assembly complex has been sold out to the public. The place is being inhabited by all sorts of people.

“We were there on inspection and so we cannot guarantee the safety and security of principal officers of the National Assembly who take decisions on very serious and sometimes critical issues that may impinge on the sensibilities, perception and feelings of others. We must, as a government, protect the principal officers of the National Assembly.

Leaving them there will expose them to the vagaries of the society. And anybody can be a principal officer; so whoever is there and you leave him there, you are not being fair to him. That is why government decided that as a second tier of government, we will go to an area which is secure and safe for our principal officers to live”, the minister had said.

So, our legislooters are too sacred to live in the midst of mortal men abi? It's is the citizenry that they represent that are now being referred to as "all sorts of people" and are now labelled "vagaries of the society". So, the security of other Nigerians is not important, right? It's a damn shame.

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by Izontubo(m): 11:57am On Oct 14, 2013
brosss: Its a sorry situation..... I opened this thread, hoping to read that the senate rejected the houses for humanitarian reasons, charity or some sort of good nurtured course.....

But once again, they have proven their gluttonous and insatiable greed. Did they not approve of the area before construction began? Slow Development of the area is just a farce to steal those houses built with tax payers money...... why is it that they are just realizing the area is unsafe after construction is in finishing stages... All the while clamoring for new constructions at locations of their choice.

A leader who cannot leave among his own people, isn't a leader at all....
For all I care if Nigeria isn't safe for these over pampered gluttons, let them go construct their st..upid houses on mars and let us be.....

Someday, u'ld all pay....... You thwarted wicked conniving politicians!!!!!!

You said it all......they steal,embessle,kill,deprive d masses of good living and here they are talking about an area meant for them as not safe.....

They are mad!!!!!!....really mad,,,,,
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
This is just unbelievable.

A few hundred people spend and waste and steal billions. They know they are all thieves and scumbags. They know we know they are all thieves and scumbags. Thousands of people die everyday because money meant for hospitals and roads and houses are stolen.

Everyday we talk, write, talk and cry. They steal and pillage and waste some more.
Year in, year out as the night follows day, they continue to steal.

Yet we cannot do (refuse to do) anything about it? Nothing?

This cannot be right.
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by awizzy1(m): 12:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
Afrocatalyst: That's a good one by them. Some pple have to stand up against the rot in the system. I just hope they are sincere and are nt doing this for the image... 2015 might be their motive sha.

Bros all na wash....the deal favours Bala Mohammed more,that is why they are kicking against it not that they have Nigerians at heart..
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by Slynonny(m): 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2013
Believe me or not.
Nigeria is a failed Country
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by Systeme101: 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
what is " vagaries of d society"?...God will neva 4giv d corrupt leaders of dis country nd dia generations unborn, so they knw abt insecurity? They already hav several houses 2 live bt still squandering billions on more...y cnt they create a generally secured environment for at least people in d so-call fct? God p*nish satan!
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by Systeme101: 12:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
hav anybody heared anytin abt d guy dt stold 26billion pension moni? Its obvious d case ws swept unda carpet cos he ws jst used as a stooge, d real thieves r stil plotting more of such avenues while our student die in strike, federalism is nt workin here.
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by emmyoha87(m): 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
This is an insult to our collective intelligence,instead of investing that money in the Police force,they waste the money and say the area is not safe....!!!!!
We need to kill all these people,if not their children who are schooling abroad wld come n enslave our Kidsm
Hit like if U r interested!!

2 Likes

Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by stantob(m): 2:09pm On Oct 14, 2013
About $ 19,000,000 to build house for Senator, money that can almost develop a State, Nigeria needs revolution.
Some people need to be slain for this country to be loose from the shackles of these criminals who say they are leaders.
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
I dont understand the import of this write-up. So if Nigerians dont have security, the leadership of the national assembly should not notice it ?
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by Hearme(m): 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
Wastage in high places. Their previous houses, we were told was sold to them. I remember during the hot case of Bankole (former speaker), there was a write up that the president gave them the first option to buy their residence as a political reward to his 2011 candidature. The write up said Bankole purchased his house for 100million and was now renting it out to the new speaker for 40million per annum.

So why are they building new houses. Just imagine a resident that cost about 400million each for 4 people? How much will be used to maintain it and you much will they use for feeding like ASO rock.
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by modestdude(m): 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
If the Lord does not watch over a city, the watchman watches in vain. Tell me where 'they' cannot jam you if its your time. Insecurity my foot

1 Like

Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by bxcode(m): 9:15pm On Oct 14, 2013
A friend of mine said it all, if u want to get angry just discuss issues concerning Nigeria...did God do a bad thing by giving us oil wealth Its a pity.
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by taayourty(m): 10:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
[quote
author=brosss]Its a sorry situation..... I opened this thread, hoping
to read that the senate rejected the houses for humanitarian reasons,
charity or some sort of good nurtured course.....

But once again, they have proven their gluttonous and insatiable greed.
Did they not approve of the area before construction began? Slow
Development of the area is just a farce to steal those houses built with
tax payers money...... why is it that they are just realizing the area
is unsafe after construction is in finishing stages... All the while
clamoring for new constructions at locations of their choice.

A leader who cannot leave among his own people, isn't a leader at
all....
For all I care, if Nigeria isn't safe for these over pampered gluttons,
let them go construct their st..upid houses on mars and let us be.....

Someday, u'ld all pay....... You thwarted wicked conniving
politicians!!!!!!

Same here my brother, tot is was rejected cos the mony iced is too much.
But I am think of buying guillotine and stationed it at the entrance of NASS, so they will knw what await them wen the uprising starts.
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by 2old4that(m): 5:38am On Oct 15, 2013
Nigeria isn't just fit for this. How can u be spending huge sums of money on only selected bunch. Our constitution needs to be amended to make legislature unattractive. No wonder they kill to get there.

There's one of such multi-million naira mansion constructed by julius berger on a hill directly facing banex junction flyover. Heard its own by senate president. In a country where the educational system is currently in shambles. Its a shame!
Re: Senate President, Others Reject N3Billion Official Houses by blackbeau1(f): 8:11am On Oct 15, 2013
So,in essence,the principal officers wiill now have their living quaters and guest houses.na wa oh.this is in addition to the various properties they own in Nigeria.Na God go save us.the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kachikwu Submitted Letter To Buhari Only AFTER Media Leak / FG To Begin Home Delivery Of Passports Soon – Aregbesola / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.