Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,281 members, 7,826,092 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? (5132 Views)

What Is A Good Reason To Have A Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? / Can You Love A Married Man? / Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by prinsuvz(m): 1:19am On Jun 19, 2006
Gettin' married cuz you're in LOVE is NOT a good reason to get married, number one, it's gonna pass. Emotions change as people do, you can be in love today then hate them 2 weeks from now, and if that has happened, that's not true love, that's attachment. True love has no opposite. Love is a decision, not a feeling. You can't base relationships on how you feel, if that was the case, I don't think relationships would last too long.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by londonman(m): 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2006
what marriage without love? God forbid married should built on love, cos love conquers all. there are other ingredients of marriage that should be considered but true love is what counts most
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by Coco29(f): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2006
what else would you marry for it seems to me like you are asking this question to clarify another smiley
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by keliscia(f): 1:20pm On Jun 22, 2006
I THINK THAT MARRIED IS THE DIMONSTRATION OF LOVE
BECAUSE YOU LOVE THE PERSON THAT IS WHY YOU WANT TO BE WITH  HIM FOREVER,
BECAUSE YOU LOVE HIM THAT IS WHY YOU WANT HIM TO BE THE FIRST   PERSON YOU SEE IN THE MORRNING
               BECAUSE YOU LOVE THE PERSON THAT IS WHY YOU WANT TO SHOW  THE WORLD THAT YOU LOVE HIM  BY GETING MARRIED TO  THE PERSON                           

THAT IS THE TRUE SYMBOL OF LOVE  grin

Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by Cleofel(f): 2:53am On Aug 04, 2006
love is the main reason 4 marriage but most ofthe people dont think about it b4 they get into it.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by Coco29(f): 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2006
love is unchangable, if it does change then it was not for real
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by nilla(f): 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2006
Guys can get married to a girl when they are really in love but i don't thing the ladies will get married to a guy if they are in love thats if they have ever been in love. Something else must be attached before that.

@ nateone
i think your statement is wrong. sometimes people get married not for love alone and that applies to both men and women. so girls do marry men just for love without any other attachements.

@ topic
Yes, love is a good reason to get married
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by FactorChic(f): 8:12pm On May 24, 2007
person wey write dis post sef, make I no yab u

which kain question be dis?
why on earth will u marry who u don't love, u both know it will crash at d end

abeg no dey write dis kain yeye post again angry
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by dremoney(m): 1:13am On Nov 09, 2007
If you get into marriage coz of LOVE without a steady cash flow,

the LOVE'S definitely gon na return to where it came from after marriage without positive improvement in finance.

This marriage tin sef!!!!!!!!! na by force?

Abeg open ur eye oo. NO FUCKN LOVE WITHOUT MONEY MA PPLE.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by iyawo1005(f): 1:44am On Nov 09, 2007
I believe love has to obviously be part of your decision to marry but you cannot make your decision solely on love.
My boyfriend and I have been discussing this recently. We love eachother very very much and have been together for 4 years now but there are a lot of things that both of us want in a mate that we do not get from eachother and although I used to think that if you love someone no matter what you can make it work, I now believe that that is not true because you cannot change someone else's personality. For example I believe in both the wife and husband being equal (obviously he is the head of the household but the head of the household in my opinion would still need assistance from the neck (wife) but my boyfriend believes that he is the head he should make all the decisions and would not even need to consult the wife. So as you can tell this is a huge issue but if we were to just think about how in love we are then we would just get married. To make any decision in life I think we have to ensure that we have detached our emotions as well as pray to make the best decision possible.

So abeg do not get married just because you are in love please think it through and pray to the one who knows whats best for you.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by almondjoy(f): 4:56am On Nov 09, 2007
Yes, but one of many more reasons.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by olanajim(m): 5:57am On Nov 09, 2007
No, love, the way it is being defined on nairaland, is not good reason to get married.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by ariblaze(m): 7:14pm On Nov 09, 2007
i dont know how love is defined on nairaland

but i think the orginal and legit reason for marriage is love

abi?

sadly in nigeria here

people marry more for security

and familiy ,
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by finemocha(f): 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2007
well its a great reason to have sex, im not sure about marriage though.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by olanajim(m): 10:06pm On Nov 09, 2007
What? Sex? Wonder wonder! What happen when the thing stop working?
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by janami(f): 11:22pm On Nov 09, 2007
Ofcourse i will marry for love, but the guy has to be able to provide o! no be say after marriage i go carry nylon bag go my mama house go collect garri. say i love my husband too much? embarassed
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by monamie: 2:32pm On May 06, 2008
DR. PHILL says marry a man u can live with and not the one u cant live without.it makes much sense
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by Emperoh(m): 4:15pm On May 06, 2008
Money, Sex
Pals what happened to Resilience, Understanding, Commitment, Trust, Fortitude, respect, Forbearance and the never say die spirit
Yes You need money, Sex is an important aspect of marital bonding.

Guys check out this scenario
What if u get married and after 6-10yrs no issue
Mother and father inlaw pressure son to marry another woman
What can Sustain that Marriage?
Or
A terminal sickness comes in even with all he money
Tell me what will u hold onto
Is it not the special strong feelings for him/her?

Some one was talking about that love dying
Blimey,  Who go kill am
Ok, because u aree now married, u now forget all the Chyking lines
Outing becomes a stranger
jokes and time out without the kids takes flight.

For u to live with  that  person and still love them, u need to the flame of love burning
No question if it dies because if you stoke the flame, it will last as long as u want
Or hoe do you think some of our parents live together for 25, 40, 50 years and so on
They may seem archeic but they know what brought them together and they are sticking to it
You need to discover what brought u together
What made him your sweetheart and vice versa

VERDICT
LOVE IS VERY ENOUGH A REASON TO GET MARRIED
Else the Poor will never get married if money was important
The impotent will never get married

Friends, sex and money has corrupted our thinking and line of thought (mine inclusive)
but lets not forget that a lot of our parent started out with next to nothing.
Love conquers all and sticks with difficulties and trying times.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by dremoney(m): 8:23pm On May 06, 2008
Emperoh:

Money, Sex
Pals what happened to Resilience, Understanding, Commitment, Trust, Fortitude, respect, Forbearance and the never say die spirit
Yes You need money, Sex is an important aspect of marital bonding.

Guys check out this scenario
What if u get married and after 6-10yrs no issue
Mother and father inlaw pressure son to marry another woman
What can Sustain that Marriage?
Or
A terminal sickness comes in even with all he money
Tell me what will u hold onto
Is it not the special strong feelings for him/her?

Some one was talking about that love dying
Blimey, Who go kill am
Ok, because u aree now married, u now forget all the Chyking lines
Outing becomes a stranger
jokes and time out without the kids takes flight.

For u to live with that person and still love them, u need to the flame of love burning
No question if it dies because if you stoke the flame, it will last as long as u want
Or hoe do you think some of our parents live together for 25, 40, 50 years and so on
They may seem archeic but they know what brought them together and they are sticking to it
You need to discover what brought u together
What made him your sweetheart and vice versa

VERDICT
LOVE IS VERY ENOUGH A REASON TO GET MARRIED
Else the Poor will never get married if money was important
The impotent will never get married

Friends, sex and money has corrupted our thinking and line of thought (mine inclusive)
but lets not forget that a lot of our parent started out with next to nothing.
Love conquers all and sticks with difficulties and trying times.

makes a lot of sense!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You Marry A Famous Person? / Guys, How Would You Feel If You Caught You Wife Kissing Another Woman / I Am Very Worried.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.