Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? (16674 Views)

Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. / What Is "nigerian Look" Stop The Ignorance Already! / World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by Riskie(f): 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2008
EXPONENT:

Good Question Hero.

I don't see this rubbish getting better.

The Nigerian ELITE are enjoying a lifestyle they are not about to surrender.

THE MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS HAVE CORRUPTED THEM.

They have sold their SOULS for DOLLARS.

It can change - IF the CAPITALIST CORPORATIONS demand that Nigeria's elite stop engaging in unbridled avarice Against its people.

The Elite will NEVER change its ways on its own. They are too busy trying to one-up each other while a WHOLE nation suffers.

This would NEVER happen with AA's.

Would never?? You mean COULD never, seeing as you AAs don't even have your own country tongue
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by EXPONENT(m): 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2008
Would never?? You mean COULD never, seeing as you AAs don't even have your own country

It's all good.

We fine where we are.

AND

ever wonder why AA's haven't in MASS numbers TRECKED back to Africa?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by Regular: 3:47pm On Jul 04, 2008
@ Poster,

I presume you are based in the U States or the 'West'.

If you are informed or what we call being 'Current' in the local parlance, you must  have heard of the name SAMUEL ISRAEL that has been in the news lately. The last time I checked, that guy is an American, Caucasian. He duped about $450 million from people under the guise of helping them to invest. I 'll wait for Oprah Winfrey ABC to do a show on him as they do on the so-called Nigerian scammers.

Corruption is not synonymous with Nigeria. Even the Israeli President abi Prime Minister is embroiled in a corruption scandal. Same with Silvio Berlusconi (Italy). The former governor of New York resigned recently over corruption and prostitution racketeering. This is just to mention a few.

I am not holding brief for corrupt Nigerian politicians and their ilks. My point is that corruption is a global problem and should be put into perspective.

Another thing I hear so often is the level of insecurity in Nigeria. Go figure how many people have been shot or stabbed to death in London this year alone. I dnt wanna talk about the suicide rate in Bridgend, Wales, also in the UK.

A beg, make we hear word.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by Riskie(f): 3:52pm On Jul 04, 2008
EXPONENT:

It's all good.

We fine where we are.

AND

ever wonder why AA's haven't in MASS numbers TRECKED back to Africa?

Never wondered, never cared either. Plus I don't think it's possible to treck across the ocean  undecided
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by littleb(m): 3:54pm On Jul 04, 2008
yes, It is corrupt, and it will continue. Which corruption great pass electoral fraud?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by redsun(m): 3:54pm On Jul 04, 2008
Good point,but a case of frypan calling pot black.The black backward syndrome is everywhere,america,europe,asia,caribbean,then the motherland,africa is untouchable.

Nigerian atrocities are undeniable there is no reason whatsoever for what is happening in nigeria right now to be happening,it is embarrasing,it kind of depicts sub-humanity.What else can explain a situation where people lack in plenty?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by littleb(m): 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2008
yes, It is corrupt, and it will continue. Which corruption great pass electoral fraud?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by littleb(m): 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2008
yes, It is corrupt, and it will continue. Which corruption great pass electoral fraud? Unless the govt change for better.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by ziga: 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2008
[/quote]If you are informed or what we call being 'Current' in the local parlance, you must have heard of the name SAMUEL ISRAEL that has been in the news lately. The last time I checked, that guy is an American, Caucasian. He duped about $450 million from people under the guise of helping them to invest. I 'll wait for Oprah Winfrey ABC to do a show on him as they do on the so-called Nigerian scammers.

Corruption is not synonymous with Nigeria. Even the Israeli President abi Prime Minister is embroiled in a corruption scandal. Same with Silvio Berlusconi (Italy). The former governor of New York resigned recently over corruption and prostitution racketeering. This is just to mention a few.

I am not holding brief for corrupt Nigerian politicians and their ilks. My point is that corruption is a global problem and should be put into perspective.
[quote]

As long as devil dey, evil and corruption must dey. The truth is bad things happen everywhere, but the problem with Naija is that everybody does it everyday and it seems to have been accepted as a normal way of life.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by emmydee(m): 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2008
@Regular:
it does not matter what happens in other nations, we are talking about what happens here. We are not interested in comparison in corruption or crime. This is our land and our administrators are busy scooping our resources, which should have been used in concrete developmental projects. Nigeria started development race with Brazil and Malaysia, Today, Brazil has crossed over to The Developed World, Nigeria is still preparing. If u try opening a web page and after 30 mins, the page is still trying to load, in most cases, you will quit. The development race of Nigeria has been over stagnant. It has failed, the nation has failed. simple.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by Nwaka77: 4:39pm On Jul 04, 2008
These stupid idiots by the name of exponent and hero have started again! Why are you giving yourself headache over what Nigerians are doing? So, you have nothing better to do with your dull, miserable lives than to worry about what Nigerians are doing? Are you done lecturing your fellow fucking black american men to be fathers to their dozen illigitimate children and all their baby mama drama? Are you done releasing all those jail birds that clutter American jails due to drugs? Have you preached to all those crack heads that I see standing at the street corners? Who says you are getting your shit together? Think again! White america never wants you here anyway. Why do you think they lynched you people and roasted you on a stake like we roast goats? Don't get me started you ass hole with no origin and no destination. All other Americans know where the hell they originated from. You akatas are the only ones who don't know where the Bleep your origin lies and you are here running your stinking mouth! angry
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by redsun(m): 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2008
Black on black,love and hate,misery upon misery.What a jigsaw.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by kevd2: 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2008
I pity most Nigerians here that are still are living in denial and are trying to defend Nigeria by pointing to examples of corruption, it shows that we are still not ready to move forward.
Corruption is a human trait all over the world, but abroad corruption is an exception to the rule,but in Nigeria corruption is the rule. The average Nigerian glorifies and canonizes corrupt leaders by calling them smart people eg IBB-Maradona,OBJ -Maverick,Adedibu-Great Man.
Perhaps what is even worse is our indifference or unwillingness to collectively act against corruption,nobody thinks about the common general good every body is busy with his personal life and is forgetting that whatever happens in the nation affects eveyone.
Everybody is busy going to church and Mosques praying to God to do for us what we can do for ourselves.I wonder if the Civil Rights Movement would have succeded if Martin Luther King was busy praying to God for Deliverance.If we give half the commitment we have to our reigious denominations,Nigeria would have been much better.
Finnaly ,Tribalism is the major smokescreen corrutipon uses in Nigeria to thrive and the average Nigerian is so Gullible.that is why with all the atrocities that Obj has commited some people (even on Nairaland) will defend him.
What kind of precendence are we setting when we give the next leader an excuse for Failure( if Yaradua fails,the average Hausa man will defend him because Obj went free with corruption.It is a vicious circle we run and until we wake up and act collectively, then ours is a bleak future and no amount of prayers and well-wishing will change that.This my fellow Nigerians is the Bitter Truth.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by skyone(m): 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2008
Fellow Nigerians the problem is not education or civilisation, it is simply not having basic moral principles and grand perception on having an uncomparable positive human feelings. Education and civilisation worsened issues in Nigerian's case if i may say.

I've heard some Nigerians calling their parents by their names, now is that civilisation or madness. More also some people can't wait to graduate to start stealing from the government; isn't it wrong to do so?

I've always implied that our problem is basically the following. (i) Greediness (ii) Pride (iii) Lack of true love.

Unless we dealt with these issues in the society problem will continue to abound.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by mekk(m): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2008
skyone:

Fellow Nigerians the problem is not education or civilisation, it is simply not having basic moral principles and grand perception on having an uncomparable positive human feelings. Education and civilisation worsened issues in Nigerian's case if i may say.

I've heard some Nigerians calling their parents by their names, now is that civilisation or madness. More also some people can't wait to graduate to start stealing from the government; isn't it wrong to do so?

I've always implied that our problem is basically the following. (i) Greediness (ii) Pride (iii) Lack of true love.

Unless we dealt with these issues in the society problem will continue to abound.
well said dude! Greediness tops them all, cry
My heart bleeds for this nation,
take peace!!!!
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by LFJ: 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2008
I look around the world and see what make the great country to be great, I ask myself while do we refuse to be great when we have all it takes to be great. What make America to be great today is because of law and order that has become part of their culture. Until we decided to enforce law and order, and all of us see our self equal before the law regardless of our position, becoming great will forever remains a dream. Let all continue to pray for our fatherland, so that GOD will destroy those who are destroying our future.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2008
Exponent said - This would NEVER happen with AA's.

Perhaps he shld take a good look at Haiti to have an idea what life would be like in a country with just AAs.
Whites make up about 70% of the population of the USA, no wonder frauds like Hero/Exponent can conveniently hide their intellectual paucity.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by Riskie(f): 6:37pm On Jul 04, 2008
davidylan:

Exponent said - This would NEVER happen with AA's.

Perhaps he shld take a good look at Haiti to have an idea what life would be like in a country with just AAs.
Whites make up about 70% of the population of the USA, no wonder frauds like Hero/Exponent can conveniently hide their intellectual paucity.
My sentiments exactly wink
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by sherrylo: 7:47pm On Jul 04, 2008
Nwaka77 whyyyy you too yarn oooo, but I dig your reply.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by mekk(m): 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2008
shit!shit!!shit!!! grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by romeo(m): 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2008
You people should leave Haiti out of this conversation!!
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by Outstrip(f): 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2008
Emmydee I had to jump in because I sense that you really believe what you are saying but the fact is tha you are wrong. You should not wait for the government to change Nigeria. As a matter of fact the government alone cannot change Nigeria. Our probelm is bigger than just the government and money. It is the mentality of the people. That was my observation from my trips to Nigeria.
I noticed that even when the roads were good and that it was simply just a matter of waiting for your turn in traffic people would either turn a 2 lane road to a 5 lane road or simply just drive on the wrong side of the road. This usually turns into a complete standstill in traffic under the hot unforgiving sun and people standing at the center of the commotion scatching their heads and wondering what do we do now. It is almost embarrassing.

Another thing I noticed also was the work ethic in most offices even in the private sector. It was appaling. Let's be real. The government have their own responsibility and so do the citizens. It's just like me living in the states and saying that I will not save for retiremnt because I pay social security so the government must take care of me in my old age. That is the plan of a fool.

We have serious issues in Nigeria and nothing will change until the mind set of the average man changes. That is what I believe. Most of our issues seem to be common sense issues and then of course there are the big time issues that really need to be addressed. Just do not sit down and wait for the government to save your soul. All that leads to is laziness and bitterness.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2008
Hero makes me laugh . . . he is just one of the many self-hating, deluded african americans i see everyday.

I was watching CollegeHill Atlanta (for want of something better to do) some weeks ago and the subject of origin and Africa came up. To my utmost shock EVERYONE of the housemates vehemently denied being linked to continental Africa.
One of them even exclaimed - "all my family is from here, i dont know anything about Africa so i consider myself American!"

For the first time i understood the gravity of mental slavery. Virtually EVERY white American you come across is PROUD to tell you their origins lie in Europe. Every yr Irish- americans proudly celebrate St. Patricks day (along with some deluded, brainwashed blacks), even the latinos are out in full force for sinco de mayo (followed of course by clueless self-hating blacks), Italian-Americans proudly wave their status in your face (a friend who has NEVER beyond the NE USA before has the entire map of Italy memorised including their culture, foods, languages and major cities), forget about the English and Scots . . . many ensure they fiercely retain the accent, do you need me to tell you of the jewish-americans or the polish-americans or the armenian-americans?

BUT WHY are African Americans so afraid, so demeaning about their own african heritage?

You needed to see the delight with which these same black kids danced when they learnt they would be taking a 1 week trip to England. I couldnt help but imagine, what would their reaction had been like if the trip were to Congo? Would they have been so excited? Would they have run off to pack their luggage and called their folks with childlike delight?
What is it about the average black man that he would rather fiercely lay claim to a land that only 40yrs ago considered him no better than an ape with absolutely no rights to vote or ride on public transportation?

Hero . . . you talked about AAs getting their shit right, i very much doubt it. This morning i woke up and the status quo remained the same; the only blacks around me are those working as cleaners, taxi drivers, cooks and gardeners! The vast majority are too busy sleeping, fighting, yelling loudly, wearing pants with waist bands down to their knees, doing drugs . . . and thats not even counting those in jail . . . oh well that's another story entirely.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by manmustwac(m): 9:43pm On Jul 04, 2008
@Outstrip
i agree with a lot of things u said but i believe that our leader has to set the example by making the changes at the top. Because when people begin to notice genuine change from our leaders little by little and gradually they will begin to follow his example.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by shuppie(f): 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2008
if some AA doesn't want to lay claim to Africa as the continent of origin, then goodluck to them. they will forever be people with no origin,
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by NubianQ(f): 10:35pm On Jul 04, 2008
Hero,

I cant resist saying this. you re really funny sometimes sometimes, even ur alter ego EXPONENT is worse. first of all, corruption is worse among your people. stop all that get ur act together talk and think what have you AA people done for yourselves and what have u guys tried to do for others?

you can moan about Nigeria simply becuz u married some person with nigerian roots but bear in mind, its important to think before you talk. yes we have our issues and if you cared to understand anything, other countries do as well. yes there is corruption and its everywhere. Nigeria may have its issues but we all deal with it in our own way. i rather be from that nation than be in an AA society where drugs, illitracy, Murder among blk peeps and gang wars are rife. what do u know about Nigeria. if someone with a sound knowledge of the economic and political situation was talking i would listen. grow up and read ur history books, even white folks make more intelligent constructive comments. from reading this thread i am guessing u were high on something when u wrote this grin grin grin grin

PS

You base all your facts on CNN and BBC, get the News from the source before you tlk.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by girl22(f): 11:07pm On Jul 04, 2008
@ Hero

You really can't talk about Nigeria because you don't live there. You may have a little idea from newspapers and the media but the media can fabricate and exaggerate news.
i know some nigerians who are not corrupt and came from nice backgrounds and are not living in slums the media loves to portray. secondly you do not know or understand/ relate to what african people went through because you have not walked in their shoes.
many africans can't unserstand what we have went through or relate to it because they have not walked in our shoes.
you just can't say nigerians need to get it together. for all you know there may something else going on in their lives the media is not telling us. they could be saying the same thing about us. you are from the outside looking in.

@ davidlyn

what Hero said was offensive and i understand that nigerians are offended but Black Americans didn't get to where they were because white people helped them . They worked hard for their opportunties.
did you know that there's more black men in college then in prison? did you know that contrary to the media and falsified statistics that whites and blacks school drop out rates are identical. An excellent book i recommend is
"Price of Privaledge". these white social scientist break down the inaccuracy of statistics and the media.
another excellent documentary is "What Black Men Think" It talks dispels all of the myths about black men.

@Nubian
drugs is a rife in the black community? white people are five times more likely to buy and sell drugs than blacks. but black are three times more likely to go to jail.

now on black on black crime
97% of the crime committed aginst white people are by other whites
90% of the crime committed against like latinos are by other latinos.
90% of the crime against asians are commiteed by other asians.

if you live in a all black neighborhood and decide to rob,shoot or kill someone if the neighborhood is all black then what do you expect the color of the person to be?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 04, 2008
girl22:

they could be saying the same thing about us. you are from the outside looking in.

"Your" media is even more racist to you. Have you wondered why there is a chronic dearth of black faces on Foxnews, CNN and other top of the line media organisations? Have you ever wondered why EVERY time there is a missing case on national TV it is ALWAYS of a white individual? Do blacks not get missing?

girl22:

@ davidlyn

what Hero said was offensive and i understand that nigerians are offended but Black Americans didn't get to where they were because white people helped them . They worked hard for their opportunties.

That is partially true . . . the "opportunities" didnt drop from heaven however. You have the whites to thank . . . ask the Haitians if they also are not working "hard".

girl22:

did you know that there's more black men in college then in prison?

Were you just being sarcastic here?
This is ridiculous . . . its just like saying there are more people living in homes than homeless people . . . does that make sense?

girl22:

did you know that contrary to the media and falsified statistics that whites and blacks school drop out rates are identical.

I very much doubt it.

girl22:

@Nubian
drugs is a rife in the black community? white people are five times more likely to buy and sell drugs than blacks. but black are three times more likely to go to jail.

and hero is more concerned about Nigerians? Why cant he become a lawyer and fight such blatant injustice?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by TOH(f): 11:37pm On Jul 04, 2008
David, they made soap. Stop being jealous grin
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by shuppie(f): 11:39pm On Jul 04, 2008
[/quote][quote author=TOH link=topic=147911.msg2462821#msg2462821 date=1215211040]
David, they made soap. Stop being jealous grin

na today, lolllllllllllllllllll
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by girl22(f): 11:51pm On Jul 04, 2008
You have the whites to thank . . . ask the Haitians if they also are not working "hard".

WE DO NOT HAVE WHITES TO THANK.
AMERICAN BLACKS LEARNED HOW TO CAN FOOD MEANING PRESERVE IT SO THEY CAN SURVIVE DROUGHTS. THEY KNEW HOW TO FARM LAND,GROW FOOD ECT. THEY KNEW HOW TO BUILD HOUSES

WE ARE NOT HAITIAN. JUST BECAUSE HATIANS ARE POOR AND BLACK AMERICANS ARE NOT DOES NOT MEAN WHITE PEOLE HAD TO HELP US.
BLACKS IN AMERICA AND HATIANS ARE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE. BLACKS IN AMERICA LEARNED HOW TO SURVIVE. WE DO NOT HAVE WHITES TO THANK .WE MADE IT CLEAR AND SIMPLE.

MY GRANDMOTHER HAS AN EIGHT GRADE EDUCATION AND GREW UP IN RACIST SOUTH. SHE CAN CAN FOOD TO MAKE IT LAST. DIG A WELL FOR WATER AND GROW FOOD., SHE ALSO KNOW WHAT FOOD YOU CAN GROW IN THE WINTER ECT.
SHE EVEN KNOWS HOW TO MAKE A INDOOR GARDEN.

IT IS VERY OBVIOUS YOU DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT BLACK AMERICANS. BECAUSE YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER MADE THAT COMMENT. SAME THING WITH HERO. HE DOESN'T KNOW DITTLY SQUAT ABOUT NIGERIA TO TALK ABOUT NIGERIA.
I AM NOT TRYING TO BE ARROGANT BECAUSE BLACK AMERICANS HAVE THEIR SHARE OF SHORTCOMINGS.
BUT BLACK FOREIGNERS NEED TO STOP WITH THAT "WHITES HELPED THEM."
BLACK PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER OVER THE WORLD NEED TO LEARN THE ASPECT OF SURVIVAL FROM BLACK AMERICANS.

BLACKS COULD NOT VOTE,READ,WHITE,LIVE WITH WHITES,GO TO SCHOOL WITH WHITES,WHITE PEOPLE WOULDN'T EVEN LET BLACKS SHOP IN THE SAME STORE WITH WHITES. BLACK PEOPLE COULD EVEN RIDE THROUGH WHITE NEIGHBORHOODS.
SO HOW DID THEY HELP US?
HOW COULD WHITES HELP US WHEN THEY WOULDN'T EVEN LET US BE AROUND THEM?

DO YOU KNOW ABOUT TULSA,OKLAHOMA?
IT WAS A BLACK MIDDLE CLASS NEIGHBORHOOD IN THE 20'S THAT JEALOUS WHITESD BURNED DOWN.
DID YOU EVER READ ABOUT THE BLACK MIDDLE CLASS NEIGHBORHOODS IN THE 30-60'S.
BLACK PEOPLE OWNED THEIR OWN BUSINESSES.THEY WERE BEING LYNCHED AND RAPED BUT THEY HAD THEIR OWN.

WHAT MESSED BLACK EPOPLE UP WAS THE CIVIL RIGHTS ERA. THEY WANTED TO INTEGRATE AND WHEN THAT HAPPENED THEY MOVED INTO THE WHITE NEIGHBORHHODS AND THE WHITE MOVED OUT AND THEY LOST THEIR ECONOMIC BASE.
BEFORE INTEGRATION BLACK PEOPLE AHD THEIR OWN NEIGHBORHOODS.SO WE WOULD NOT BE LIKE THE HATIANS.

they could be saying the same thing about us. you are from the outside looking in.

"Your" media is even more racist to you. Have you wondered why there is a chronic dearth of black faces on Foxnews, CNN and other top of the line media organisations? Have you ever wondered why EVERY time there is a missing case on national TV it is ALWAYS of a white individual? Do blacks not get missing?
YOU MISINTERPRETED WHAT I SAID. I WAS SAYING HERO WAS FROM THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN AND HE DOESN'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT NIGERIA SO HE SHOULDN'T TALK. GO BACK AND READ IT.

I DONT SEE HATIANS CHOPPING DOWN TREES FOR HOUSING. I DONT HAITIANS GROWING FOOD,I DONT SEE HATIANS CANNING FOOD. I DONT SEE HATAINS MAKING WOODEN CANOES.
BLACK AMERICANS KNOW HOW TO SURVIVE. EVEN THOUGH THIS IS ILLEGAL, I KNOW OF SOME BLACK AMERICANS  WHO TURNED THEIR CELL PHONE ON WHEN IT GET CUTS OFF. 
THEY GOT CAUGHT SO DONT TRY IT. LOL

WHAT I AM SAYING IS SURVIVAL IS SOMETHING THAT IS NATURAL.
IT CANT BE LEARNED FROM A UNVERISTY AND WHITE PEOPLE DIDN'T TEACH IT TO US.

HAITI IS NOT 100% BLACK. WHITE PEOPLE LIVE THERE TOO.  BUT THEY ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING TO HELP THEM.
AFRICA IS NOT 100% BLACK BUT WHITE PEOPLE ARE BREAKING THEIR NECKS TO HELP ARE THEY?

SAME WITH BLACKS IN AMERICA WHITE PEOPLE WERE NOT BREAKING THEIR NECKS TO HELP US.

BLACK AMERICAN PEOPLE HAD A DIFFERENT MENTALITY. WE DIDN'T SAY WE LACK OPPORTUNITIES,DONT HAVE ACCESS TO EDUCATION,NO JOBS. WE KNEW WE HAD TO CREATE THE OPPORTUNITIES.
MY ANCESTORS KNEW HOW TO FERTILIZED UNFERTILIZED LAND, TO PLANT CROPS.

THE NATIVE AMERICANS COULD PREDICT HURRICANES. BUT I GUESS WHITEY TAUGHT THE NATIVE AMERICANS HOW TO DO THAT RIGHT? THE NATIVE AMERICANS TAUGHT WHITE PEOPLE HOW TO IRRIGATE LAND SO THEY WOULDN'T STARVE FROM A DROUGHT. BUT I GUESS IM LYING. WHITE PEOPLE HAD TO HAVE SHOWN THE INDIANS HOW TO IRRIGATE LAND. RIGHT?
INDIANS HAD A SYSTEM ON HOW TO TELL TIME. MANY THINGS WHITES KNEW WAS FROM NATIVE AMERICANS.

YOU ARE GIVING WHITE PEOPLE TOO MUCH CREDIT HERE.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Society So Damn Corrupt? by girl22(f): 12:29am On Jul 05, 2008
WHY CANT BLACK FOREIGNERS EXCEPT THAT BLACK AMERICANS MADE IT?

TWO PEOPLE CAN BE IN THE SAME SITUATION AND RESPOND DIFFERENTLY.

I KNOW PEOPLE WHO GOT DIVORCED AND MOVED ON TO BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS. I KNOW PEOPLE WHO GET DIVORCED AND END UP IN A MENTAL INSTITUTION.

SOME WOMEN GET RAPED AND RECOVER,SOME WOMEN GET RAPED AND NEVER RECOVER.

JUST BECAUSE HAITAINS ARE POOR DOESN'T MEAN WHITES HAD TO HELP US.

EVERYBODY DOESN'T RESPOND THE SAME TO SITUATIONS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Ijebu Girls Are The Best Wife Material / Nigeria Traditional Marriage, The Urhobo Way / Lost In Translation: English And Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.