Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

SCIENCE GURUS LODGE - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SCIENCE GURUS LODGE (26245 Views)

Huge Snake Killed Near Our Lodge / See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge / Lodge Your Complaints/Comments Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 22, 2013
What forms the Myelin Sheath in a neurone?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 10:39am On Oct 22, 2013
Nomski0: Thanks. But i'm not a guy. Girls can rock biology too o.
Hahahahaha! I love that! Girl power wink
@Rehnoy! I dey vex for u oh angry
Why did u set that question like that? U made me fail it na...if not for our sis that said the correct thing...guy no repeat that error oh...otherwise me and u go put leg inside cyber trouser #internet anger activated#

@nairaland moderators...thank u for lifting the ban...smiley
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 22, 2013
STORM2:
Hahahahaha! I love that! Girl power wink
@Rehnoy! I dey vex for u oh angry
Why did u set that question like that? U made me fail it na...if not for our sis that said the correct thing...guy no repeat that error oh...otherwise me and u go put leg inside cyber trouser #internet anger activated#

@nairaland moderators...thank u for lifting the ban...smiley
Oya aunty storm sorry. Were you also banned? I was banned too yesterday, I complained and it was lifted.

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 22, 2013
This room is dull ooo. Maybe I'll ex to chemistry thread.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 10:56am On Oct 22, 2013
Doc_Miss: What forms the Myelin Sheath in a neurone?
Na wa o....#guessing tinz#
Schwan cells? (Forgive the spelling oh)

@Rehnoy, yes oh was banned. I also complained oh..hahaha....me no know wetin happen yesterday.....
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 22, 2013
Schwann cells *me thinks*
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 22, 2013
Looks like I've gat a faster finger in person of Dr STORM.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 22, 2013
STORM2:
Na wa o....#guessing tinz#
Schwan cells? (Forgive the spelling oh)

@Rehnoy, yes oh was banned. I also complained oh..hahaha....me no know wetin happen yesterday.....
Same with me. But I think nairaland should always tell one his/her offence after lifting the ban. Still clueless about what went wrong.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by RainMaKeR7(m): 11:03am On Oct 22, 2013
k doc mis...this z exPLIcit7...d answer z schwann cells...k
Explain the mechanism of transmissi0n of Impulses thr0ugh a Nerve Fibre...
N0 pEeKING.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 22, 2013
Biology questions can be easily googled.

Chemistry grin ?

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by RainMaKeR7(m): 11:21am On Oct 22, 2013
Doc_Miss: Biology questions can be easily googled.

Chemistry grin ?
Chemistry?...n0t really...
Physics?...Better...
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by RainMaKeR7(m): 11:22am On Oct 22, 2013
Later since I'm the only 0ne viewing.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by IamSylva(m): 11:45am On Oct 22, 2013
STORM2:
Hahahaha! Na wa u oh!....
1. In the case of plasma sha , decrease in solute potential, causes decrease in water potential (I don't even know what that means grin but I saw it somewhere once...).
2. If the lymphatic system is blocked by a parasite, the movement of lymph (fluid) becomes restricted and since the lymph cannot move freely anymore it accumulates, causing swelling.
3. Hmm lymphatic system helps to transport digested fat from the intestines to the cells that need it...but to explain it na long tin oh we'll start talking abt osmosis ,diffusion, intercellular fluid...kai!!!!
Guy! Why ur questions dey always be like german? Relax na ask simple biology....
u r correct ma.. But no. 1 is actually carbondioxide
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by IamSylva(m): 11:46am On Oct 22, 2013
Doc_Miss: Biology questions can be easily googled.

Chemistry grin ?
if u use google.. U won't be doing urself any good
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by IamSylva(m): 11:49am On Oct 22, 2013
RainMaKeR7: Chemistry?...n0t really...
Physics?...Better...
lets make it a general learning thread.. I will change the name to "SCIENCE GURUS LODGE" ask any question concerning science smiley
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by RainMaKeR7(m): 11:50am On Oct 22, 2013
Dat z Y I dn't p0st 0n s0me threads lyk dz...
Googleee......
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by RainMaKeR7(m): 11:51am On Oct 22, 2013
I_am_Sylva:
lets make it a general learning thread.. I will change the name to "SCIENCE GURUS LODGE" ask any question concerning science smiley
n0w y0u are talking...
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 22, 2013
RainMaKeR7: k doc mis...this z exPLIcit7...d answer z schwann cells...k
Explain the mechanism of transmissi0n of Impulses thr0ugh a Nerve Fibre...
N0 pEeKING.
grin. When a neurone receives impulses from its dendrons in a response to stimulus, the sodium gates in the cell membrane will Open allowing sodium ions to rush into the cell.

This leads to depolarization. The depolarization is as a result of the inner part of the cell membrane becoming positively charged, thereby, reversing the polarity.

After this, the sodium gates shut, and at the same time, the ptassium gates open allowing potassium ions in and establishing the resting potential.

This process is called a pulse and its rapid. The pulse then triggers the resting membrane causing the sodium gates to reopen and start a pulse at another point. When the pulse has been set up, it will move across the neurone till it reaches the axon and then the synaptic knobs and finally the effectors.

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 22, 2013
What makes up a skeletal muscle fibre?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by RainMaKeR7(m): 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
Doc_Miss: grin. When a neurone receives impulses from its dendrons in a response to stimulus, the sodium gates in the cell membrane will Open allowing sodium ions to rush into the cell.

This leads to depolarization. The depolarization is as a result of the inner part of the cell membrane becoming positively charged, thereby, reversing the polarity.

After this, the sodium gates shut, and at the same time, the ptassium gates open allowing potassium ions in and establishing the resting potential.

This process is called a pulse and its rapid. The pulse then triggers the resting membrane causing the sodium gates to reopen and start a pulse at another point. When the pulse has been set up, it will move across the neurone till it reaches the axon and then the synaptic knobs and finally the effectors.
Yeah...
To y0ur question I think it should b myocytes...
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by RainMaKeR7(m): 12:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
K...what are the changes In The Composition Of The Human Blood As It Passes Through The LIVER
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by IamSylva(m): 12:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
Doc_Miss: What makes up a skeletal muscle fibre?
myoctes or muscle cells?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by IamSylva(m): 12:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
RainMaKeR7: K...what are the changes In The Composition Of The Human Blood As It Passes Through The LIVER
emm.. I think poison and some waste are taken out?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
I_am_Sylva: myoctes or muscle cells?
Myofibrils.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by RainMaKeR7(m): 12:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
I_am_Sylva:
emm.. I think poison and some waste are taken out?
as the bl0od passes through d liver...horm0nal and gluc0se level is reduced...w0rn out eryththrocytes are als0 rem0ved fr0m d bl0od and urea is added.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
Seems we've got a lot of doctors here,cheesycheesy. Me likey.

I've got an easy one. What kidney adaptation do desert animals have that enables them go for long without water?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Where are all the chemistry questions na ? To hell with biology. angry angry
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by RainMaKeR7(m): 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nomski0: Seems we've got a lot of doctors here,cheesycheesy. Me likey.

I've got an easy one. What kidney adaptation do desert animals have that enables them go for long without water?
The kidneys of desert animals have microsc0pic tubules that enables them to extract water from their urine to their bl0odstream...also some water in their exhaled air are being taken to their nasal cavities by organs I d0 n0t kn0w of.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by RainMaKeR7(m): 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
adaobi123: Where are all the chemistry questions na ? To hell with biology. angry angry
Tel me d reas0n why d relative at0mic masses of s0me elements are n0t wh0le numbers...
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
exPLIcit7 is same as RainMaKeR7....
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nomski0: Seems we've got a lot of doctors here,cheesycheesy. Me likey.

Long loop of henle
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2013
RainMaKeR7: The kidneys of desert animals have microsc0pic tubules that enables them to extract water from their urine to their bl0odstream...also some water in their exhaled air are being taken to their nasal cavities by organs I d0 n0t kn0w of.
Not the exact answer but close.

Doc_miss got it. grin grin
#girlpower!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

5 Reasons Girls Avoid Engineering Courses / What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? / Helicopter Drops Nigerian Law School's Exam Papers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.