Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

SCIENCE GURUS LODGE - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SCIENCE GURUS LODGE (26250 Views)

Huge Snake Killed Near Our Lodge / See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge / Lodge Your Complaints/Comments Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 6:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nomski0: Seems we've got a lot of doctors here,cheesycheesy. Me likey.

I've got an easy one. What kidney adaptation do desert animals have that enables them go for long without water?
shocked
Sheeeeeeettttttt!!!!!!
When I hear kidneys and water retention all I think of is anti diuretic hormones...
Wait...camels have humps that store water...
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nomski0: Ada, here's chemistry;

SO2(sulphur(iv)oxide) and Cl2(chlorine gas) have bleaching abilities.......what is the difference between their bleaching abilities?
SO2 bleaches by reduction
Cl2 bleaches by oxidation
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 7:00pm On Oct 22, 2013
shocked
Just went tru some of the posts here...
#screaming# too many brains...y'all are making me look bad...
#beef mode#
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
STORM2:
shocked
Sheeeeeeettttttt!!!!!!
When I hear kidneys and water retention all I think of is anti diuretic hormones...
Wait...camels have humps that store water...

Sorry ma'am. Ur hump statement is false. Dae actually store fat der not water or moisture
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 7:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
Oghos1:

Sorry ma'am. Ur hump statement is false. Dae actually store fat der not water or moisture
Jisoxxxx shocked
Thanks oh..b4 i go out and fool myself in public grin

I read thru...doc miss says water retention in desert animals is achieved by having a long loop of henle...smiley I'm neva forgetting dat...
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
STORM2:
Jisoxxxx shocked
Thanks oh..b4 i go out and fool myself in public grin

I read thru...doc miss says water retention in desert animals is achieved by having a long loop of henle...smiley I'm neva forgetting dat...
uwc. For more of tinz lyk dis visit https://www.nairaland.com/1459953/facts-blow-mind/1.

Ur r gonna learn a lot of fun n mind blowing tinz. I can assure u
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 7:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
Oghos1: uwc. For more of tinz lyk dis visit https://www.nairaland.com/1459953/facts-blow-mind/1.

Ur r gonna learn a lot of fun n mind blowing tinz. I can assure u
Awesomeness cool
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by STORM2(f): 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Can anyone explain what is meant by this statement "he is bipolar" ?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
STORM2: Can anyone explain what is meant by this statement "he is bipolar" ?

Someone who behaves in an abnormal way. eg...Too excited, Too energetic or view world in a skewed way (Psychosis). Everything abnormal sha!
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
I_am_Sylva:
go ahead sir smiley
Looked at this over and over again, its just too clear. Same punctuation, everytin is just same. answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100121170041AA4Gv8p
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
STORM2: Can anyone explain what is meant by this statement "he is bipolar" ?
Bipolar disorder, formerly called manic depression, is a mental illness that brings severe high and low moods and changes in sleep, energy, thinking, and behavior.

People who have bipolar disorder can have periods in which they feel overly happy and energized and other periods of feeling very sad, hopeless, and sluggish. In between those periods,  they usually feel normal. You can think of the highs and the lows as two "poles" of mood, which is why it's called "bipolar" disorder.

The word "manic" describes the times when someone with bipolar disorder feels overly excited and confident. These feelings can also involve irritability and impulsive or reckless decision-making. About half of people during mania can also have delusions (believing things that aren't true and that they can't be talked out of) or hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren't there). 

"Hypomania" describes milder symptoms of mania, in which someone does not have delusions or hallucinations, and their high symptoms do not interfere with their everyday life.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
Rehnoy: Looked at this over and over again, its just too clear. Same punctuation, everytin is just same. answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100121170041AA4Gv8p
Dunno hw to post a link, but that's your link. Check it, then tell me its not same.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
continued...
The word "depressive" describes the times when the person feels very sad or depressed. Those symptoms are similar to depression, a condition in which someone never has manic or hypomanic episodes. 

Most people with bipolar disorder spend more time in depressed phases than in manic phases.

What Are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
In bipolar disorder, the dramatic episodes of high and low moods do not follow a set pattern. Someone may feel the same mood state (depressed or manic) several times before switching to the opposite mood. These episodes can happen over a period of weeks, months, and sometimes even years.

How severe it gets differs from person to person and can also change over time, becoming more or less severe.

Symptoms of mania ("the highs"wink:

Excessive happiness, hopefulness, and excitement
Sudden changes from being joyful to being irritable, angry, and hostile
Restlessness
Rapid speech and poor concentration
Increased energy and less need for sleep
High sex drive
Making grand and unrealistic plans
Showing poor judgment
Drug and alcohol abuse
Becoming more impulsive
During depressive periods ("the lows"wink, a person with bipolar disorder may have:

Sadness
Loss of energy
Feelings of hopelessness or worthlessness
Not enjoying things they once liked
Trouble concentrating
Uncontrollable crying
Trouble making decisions
Irritability
Needing more sleep
Insomnia
Appetite changes that make them lose or gain weight
Thoughts of death or suicide
Attempting suicide
Previous
Next
Page 2 of 5
WebMD Medical Reference
ADVERTISEMENT
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
Did that answer ya question? #copy and Paste tinz o#
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
IamTitanium: Bipolar disorder, formerly called manic depression, is a mental illness that brings severe high and low moods and changes in sleep, energy, thinking, and behavior.

People who have bipolar disorder can have periods in which they feel overly happy and energized and other periods of feeling very sad, hopeless, and sluggish. In between those periods,  they usually feel normal. You can think of the highs and the lows as two "poles" of mood, which is why it's called "bipolar" disorder.

The word "manic" describes the times when someone with bipolar disorder feels overly excited and confident. These feelings can also involve irritability and impulsive or reckless decision-making. About half of people during mania can also have delusions (believing things that aren't true and that they can't be talked out of) or hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren't there). 

"Hypomania" describes milder symptoms of mania, in which someone does not have delusions or hallucinations, and their high symptoms do not interfere with their everyday life.

Story! And copied. tchew

Rehnoy: Looked at this over and over again, its just too clear. Same punctuation, everytin is just same. answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100121170041AA4Gv8p
Busted! grin
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
speedyboi:

Story! And copied. tchew

Busted! grin
Exactly, what's gonna annoy me is if he cums out to deny.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2013
IamTitanium: continued...
The word "depressive" describes the times when the person feels very sad or depressed. Those symptoms are similar to depression, a condition in which someone never has manic or hypomanic episodes. 

Most people with bipolar disorder spend more time in depressed phases than in manic phases.

What Are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
In bipolar disorder, the dramatic episodes of high and low moods do not follow a set pattern. Someone may feel the same mood state (depressed or manic) several times before switching to the opposite mood. These episodes can happen over a period of weeks, months, and sometimes even years.

How severe it gets differs from person to person and can also change over time, becoming more or less severe.

Symptoms of mania ("the highs"wink:

Excessive happiness, hopefulness, and excitement
Sudden changes from being joyful to being irritable, angry, and hostile
Restlessness
Rapid speech and poor concentration
Increased energy and less need for sleep
High sex drive
Making grand and unrealistic plans
Showing poor judgment
Drug and alcohol abuse
Becoming more impulsive
During depressive periods ("the lows"wink, a person with bipolar disorder may have:

Sadness
Loss of energy
Feelings of hopelessness or worthlessness
Not enjoying things they once liked
Trouble concentrating
Uncontrollable crying
Trouble making decisions
Irritability
Needing more sleep
Insomnia
Appetite changes that make them lose or gain weight
Thoughts of death or suicide
Attempting suicide
Previous
Next
Page 2 of 5
WebMD Medical Reference
ADVERTISEMENT
Look, you guys should really stop dis. Bro you just copied everytin there and landed it here. What's all this na? You are making the thread unnecessarily long.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2013
Rehnoy: Exactly, what's gonna annoy me is if he cums out to deny.
huh
IamTitanium: Did that answer ya question? #copy and Paste tinz o
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
IamTitanium: huh
that wasn't meant for you.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2013
Rehnoy: Look, you guys should really stop dis. Bro you just copied everytin there and landed it here. What's all this na?
Your Ovasabi too much o . Did I claim it was frm ma head Didn't u see it was CLEARLY Copied? The name of the site is even there
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
IamTitanium: Your Ovasabi too much o . Did I claim it was frm ma head Didn't u see it was CLEARLY Copied? The name of the site is even there
shut up my frnd. Mr belowsabi. I was only trying to tell you that you were making the thread unnecessarily long. Something that requires just two lines answer, you're here pasting a whole research. Next time, drop the link let whoever wanna read go and read there. Shikina.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by IamSylva(m): 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
Rehnoy: Dunno hw to post a link, but that's your link. Check it, then tell me its not same.
ok ok.. U got me.. But i used yahoo just so that i could explain further to u guys.. I promise it wouldn't happen again.. We cool?smiley
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
I_am_Sylva:
ok ok.. U got me.. But i used yahoo just so that i could explain further to u guys.. I promise it wouldn't happen again.. We cool?smiley
And now, this is what I call being a gentle man. We're cool brov.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
Rehnoy: shut up my frnd. Mr belowsabi. I was only trying to tell you that you were making the thread unnecessarily long. Something that requires just two lines answer, you're here pasting a who research. Next time, drop the link let whoever wanna read go and read there. Shikina.

Abi you don vex?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
speedyboi:

Abi you don vex?
Like seriously, the fact that he called me oversabi vex me oo. That's one tin about nigerians, try to tell them the correct tin, they turn around to call you OVERSABI.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by IamSylva(m): 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
Rehnoy: shut up my frnd. Mr belowsabi. I was only trying to tell you that you were making the thread unnecessarily long. Something that requires just two lines answer, you're here pasting a whole research. Next time, drop the link let whoever wanna read go and read there. Shikina.
my good sir.. Pls ignore titanium.. He is fond of derailing.. Pls lets not derail the thread.. Lets do what the thread is meant 4.. Thankssmiley
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by IamSylva(m): 8:55pm On Oct 22, 2013
Rehnoy: And now, this is what I call being a gentle man. We're cool brov.
thank u sir
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
I_am_Sylva:
my good sir.. Pls ignore titanium.. He is fond of derailing.. Pls lets not derail the thread.. Lets do what the thread is meant 4.. Thankssmiley
Pls kindly explain to me how I derailed, someone asked a question and I replied.She probably doesn't know the answer so she asked and I helped out.
Isn't that the purpose of this thread? To learn more, its obvious many of you aren't here to learn. Anyway,derez no problem, I'll leave ur thread for u.

And to u renoy or whatever ur cald, I don't like to b told to shut up, anyway I'll let that slide cos most pple on nairaland aren't really okay mentally.
#enjoy

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
IamTitanium: Pls kindly explain to me how I derailed, someone asked a question and I replied.She probably doesn't know the answer so she asked and I helped out.
Isn't that the purpose of this thread? To learn more, its obvious many of you aren't here to learn. Anyway,derez no problem, I'll leave ur thread for u.

And to u renoy or whatever ur cald, I don't like to b told to shut up, anyway I'll let that slide cos most pple on nairaland aren't really okay mentally.
#enjoy

You don vex? grin
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 9:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
Easy chemistry. How many isomers does C10H22(Decane) have
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
Abeg make una no vex again. This thread no be vexing thread na! angry
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nomski0: Easy chemistry. How many isomers does C10H22(Decane) have

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply)

Helicopter Drops Nigerian Law School's Exam Papers / What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? / Pictures Of Graduating University Of Abuja Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.