Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

SCIENCE GURUS LODGE - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SCIENCE GURUS LODGE (26249 Views)

Huge Snake Killed Near Our Lodge / See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge / Lodge Your Complaints/Comments Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 12:59pm On Oct 22, 2013
RainMaKeR7: Tel me d reas0n why d relative at0mic masses of s0me elements are n0t wh0le numbers...
Isotopy
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ada, here's chemistry;

SO2(sulphur(iv)oxide) and Cl2(chlorine gas) have bleaching abilities.......what is the difference between their bleaching abilities?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
Let's n0t neglect physics...explain how the positi0n of the centre of gravity affects stability and unstability of objects. ba3 l0w.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nomski0: Not the exact answer but close.

Doc_miss got it. grin grin
#girlpower!
#Roger that.

State Markonikoff's rule
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
exPLIcit7: Let's n0t neglect physics...explain how the positi0n of the centre of gravity affects stability and unstability of objects. ba3 l0w.
When the Centre of Gravity is Low, the body is Stable and Vice Versa
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nomski0: Ada, here's chemistry;

SO2(sulphur(iv)oxide) and Cl2(chlorine gas) have bleaching abilities.......what is the difference between their bleaching abilities?
Lemme try from my secondary school chemistry.
The bleaching done by chlorine is through Oxidation process, While sulphurdioxide bleaching is through reduction process.

Or vice versa? I'm not quite sure. I sha know sey one na reduction while the other is oxidation! Shey I'm correct?

exPLIcit7: Let's n0t neglect physics...explain how the positi0n of the centre of gravity affects stability and unstability of objects. ba3 l0w.
Yeah baby! Physics cool
The lower the centre of gravity, the more stable the object. The higher the COG, the higher the probability of the body being displaced from it's original position.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
Doc_Miss: When the Centre of Gravity is Low, the body is Stable and Vice Versa
following the parallel axes theorem, the center of mass, is the dependent oe the area and length plus or minus dx. but as the coordinate [x,y]-->0, then dx automatically is considered as 0 meaning stability is assured by smaller coordinate which equals lower cnnter of gravity.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 1:46pm On Oct 22, 2013
Doc_Miss: #Roger that.

State Markonikoff's rule
it states that in the addition of an unsymmetrical reagent across an unsymmetrical multiple bond, the less electronegative portion of the reagent, goes to the carbon with more hydrogen atoms while the more electronegative goes to the carbon with fewer hydrogen atoms.

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2013
Doc_Miss: #Roger that.

State Markonikoff's rule
when a dipolar addendum is added 2 an unsaturated carbon compound, dae tend 2 settle on d carbon that is more alkylated. Nor mind my raw terms oo. D brain ryt now is super rusty angry

2 Likes

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 1:55pm On Oct 22, 2013
Centre of gravity is the point at which the total weight of the body appears to be concentrated. A body with a high centre of gravity and a small base is unstable. A body with low centre of gravity is stable
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
I hate physics. undecided
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nomski0: Centre of gravity is the point at which the total weight of the body appears to be concentrated. A body with a high centre of gravity and a small base is unstable. A body with low centre of gravity is stable
mathematical explanation, consideer the centdr of gravity of a body to bn coordinate on the x axes, now consider when the equilibrium of the body has been tilted a distance of dx, the the force required to completely pull the body out of equilibrium will be given as mg.cos¤ where the angle [¤]= x/dx, for the constraint force to be at minimum then x->0, meaning x must be very small, since x o n the axes represented the center of gravity then it ir proved that small CG= more stability
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
adaobi123: I hate physics. undecided
Okay, here's chemistry;

Salting out, is a process involved in_____and what function does it perform?
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
gringringringringringringrin
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
kwakayekaa: mathematical explanation, consideer the centdr of gravity of a body to bn coordinate on the x axes, now consider when the equilibrium of the body has been tilted a distance of dx, the the force required to completely pull the body out of equilibrium will be given as mg.cos¤ where the angle [¤]= x/dx, for the constraint force to be at minimum then x->0, meaning x must be very small, since x o n the axes represented the center of gravity then it ir proved that small CG= more stability
grin grin Thumbs up. I cant type all these math explanations.

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nomski0: Okay, here's chemistry;

Saponification and it's used to reduce the solubility of the soap
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
Doc_Miss: Saponification and it's used to reduce the solubility of the soap
Seriously, doctors rock! cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nomski0: Okay, here's chemistry;

Salting out is a process involved in Concentrating dilute solutions of protein. It is used to separate protein.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
wareva angry undecided undecided
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
*mj's voice 'yu r nt alooooone'

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
We were taught that salting out in Biology though.....not chemistry.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
speedyboi: We were taught that salting out in Biology though.....not chemistry.
m guessin u mean 'salting'
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
Oghos1: m guessin u mean 'salting'

salting out - I think a subtopic under PROTEIN - a topic under NUTRIENTS
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
speedyboi:

Salting out is a process involved in Concentrating dilute solutions of protein. It is used to separate protein.

please explain further. I'm not familiar with it in proteins or biology.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
speedyboi:

salting out - I think a subtopic under PROTEIN - a topic under NUTRIENTS
ok sire.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 22, 2013
What is thalassaemia??
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nomski0: please explain further. I'm not familiar with it in proteins or biology.

can't remember.....That's just about what I can recall about that topic
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Oghos1: What is thalassaemia??

a blood disease.....caused by damaged red blood cells.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nomski0(f): 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
Oghos1: What is thalassaemia??
This is the destruction of red blood cells and haemoglobin. People with it dont produce enough hamoglobin which leads to mild anemia.
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
speedyboi:

a blood disease.....caused by damaged red blood cells.
close

Nomski0: This is the destruction of red blood cells and haemoglobin. People with it dont produce enough hamoglobin which leads to mild anemia.
closer.

Itz a hereditary disease which results in d inability of d body 2 produce enough haemoglobin
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
Oghos1: close

closer.

Itz a hereditary disease which results in d inability of d body 2 produce enough haemoglobin

na same thing
Re: SCIENCE GURUS LODGE by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
How do anaesthetics work?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? / Helicopter Drops Nigerian Law School's Exam Papers / Pictures Of Graduating University Of Abuja Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.