Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania (24301 Views)

Zuriel Oduwole With US Top Executives - Photos / Zuriel Oduwole Who Interviewed Buhari Has To Say This After The Encounter / 13-year-old Zuriel Oduwole Interviews Buhari In The US(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 17, 2013
Zuriel Oduwole, a Nigeria wonder girl advocating for education for the girl child in Africa at the age of 10 already became the youngest person ever interviewed by Forbes. Now Zuriel is 11 and she has been appointed Ambassador in Tanzania. It was the girl’s second country stop on her East African leg to launch the acclaimed Dream Up, Speak Up, Stand Up program, aimed at inspiring and motivating Africa’s girls.

When the girl’s plane landed, she was welcomed by senior officials of the Tanzanian State House, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and Ministry of Education On the first day Zuriel visited one of the oldest academic institutions in Dar Es Salaam, the Olympio School. In the afternoon of October 11th, the day designated by the UN to celebrating the Girl Child, she attended the United Nations UNFPA event in Dar Es Salaam, which focused on reducing the incidence of child marriage in Tanzania.

She later gave exclusive interview to the national ITV network. Her stay, rich in events, was followed by formal invitation by the First Lady to the State House. Madam Salma Kikwete praised Zuriel for attracting attention to the issues of girls education to several African leaders.

It is important to mention that Zuriel has interviewed at least nine African leaders, including the Tanzanian head of state. First Lady then formally appointed her an Ambassador for the largest foundation in Tanzania focused on gender issues – Wanawake na Maendeleo Foundation [WAMA] of which she is the founding Patron.

Mrs. Kikwete then presented Zuriel with several gifts and an intricate three-foot statue of unity, the same type presented to the US President, to symbolize the effect of Zuriel’s programs in the lives of Africa’s young
women.

Source: www.informationng.com/2013/10/nigerian-11-year-old-girl-becomes-ambassador-in-tanzania.html

11 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by dejijohns(m): 7:55am On Oct 17, 2013
Thumbs up 2yo kiddo...

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by J0nyb0y(m): 7:56am On Oct 17, 2013
Making us proud..

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by kayClt(f): 7:57am On Oct 17, 2013
WoW,her parentes must be very proud of her,@ age 11 she has strived so hard to inspire and motivate african girls education. Nice
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by kingarizona(m): 8:06am On Oct 17, 2013
Badoo.... Youngest Ambassador Ever Liveth

11 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by chimex38: 9:35am On Oct 17, 2013
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by chimex38: 9:37am On Oct 17, 2013
A christian as ambassador of tanzania.angry
ko serious!

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 17, 2013
chimex38: A christian as ambassador of tanzania.angry
ko serious!
Must you bring your fanatic mentality to my thread? FYI, there are Christians in Tanzania. I've been there and I've met with a good number of them. Besides, this thread isn't all about religious fanatism but praising successful Nigerians where ever they are and also encouraging others that they can also be successful. Thanks but no thanks.

25 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by dasparrow: 2:54pm On Oct 17, 2013
@Post

Good job Zuriel. Keep it up.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by dridowu: 7:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
I wont eat tonight cos of ds good news. So happy 4 d lil miss. wink
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
yess yess yerima is right so matured at the age of 11 teamchildmarriage

2 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by iphoneloaded(m): 7:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
The girl looks gorgeous. Does anyone have her 2go id undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by fckyourman: 7:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
AMBASSADOR FOR WHAT ??, THEY THINK THIS IS CHILDPLAY. ANYHOW AMBASSADOR
WHILE HER MATES ARE STILL IN SCHOOL

15 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by fuckluv(f): 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
chimex38: A christian as ambassador of tanzania.angry
ko serious!
And u are
Common chimex, u can do better! undecided
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by hebex12(m): 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
Christain or muslim dt 1no concern me bt gud luck 2d girl
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley wink wink wink wink Go girl, waiting for you when you turn 18
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by OmichaelO: 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
grin
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by ProfessorPP(m): 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
I'm a professor also an ambassador in my zone. Kudos to the girl grin grin grin
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by NotoriousBig(m): 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
WTF!!! i posted this story yesterday and i didn't make first page. why na?! angry angry angry https://www.nairaland.com/1480708/nigerian-11-year-old-girl-becomes-ambassador

4 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by Laslim(m): 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
Siriously proud of u. We 9ja good luvin people. Keep d country flag flyin. Kudos to u lil fantastique
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by blank(f): 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
The topic on front page is misleading. She is not "Nigeria ambassador in Tanzania" but a Tazanian ambassador on girl issues who happens to be a Nigerian.

5 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by Ajibel(m): 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
Sweet girl... Good for her buh let her not deprive herself of the fun of teenship doe wink
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by Sermwell(m): 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
Y
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
Not a product of Nigeria.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by blink6(m): 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2013
fckyourman: AMBASSADOR FOR WHAT ??, THEY THINK THIS IS CHILDPLAY. ANYHOW AMBASSADOR
WHILE HER MATES ARE STILL IN SCHOOL
Correct...
Buh, not bad sha!!!.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2013
O.michael.O:
Nice one
you guys should watch for me also
something bigger is about to happen
Ok
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by tellwsdom: 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2013
Waste of money undecided
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by buoye1(m): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2013
That's brilliant of her,I wish her good luck

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by Cronyy: 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2013
Nice 1. But how will she focus on her education with all these work load on her little head?
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by felzylix(m): 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
Hmmm! A kinda gurl i'd love 2 make ma wife....
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
This is sort of pressure on such a young head?

Are her parents sane?
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania by Sammyramires(m): 7:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
Seeing a Nigerian attaining greater height is awesone. I LOVE THIS KID COS SHE'S AN ACHIEVER!!! Her number pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Election: Charly Boy Storms Osogbo, Berates INEC For Conniving With APC / President Tinubu's Supporters Await His Arrival From Paris At Lagos Airport / NLC Confirms Suspension Of Strike After Tinubu’s Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.