Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,477 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? (1275 Views)

She Kept On Shwing Her Vagina Up / What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. / What To Do When He Is Taking Too Long To Propose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by StephenP(m): 12:32am On Jul 05, 2008
Imagine this: You call someone you like, and after about 30 seconds the person says "Can you please hold? I've got someone else on the other line." You say sure and you're kept on hold. How long would you be kept on hold, waiting for the person to end the call with the other caller and get back at you, before you hang up?

Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 05, 2008
if you know she just cant help to be away for that moment then stay as long as she wants you to. Not so much of a sacrifice.
Its a matter of good judgement, if you can sense she doesnt really care then just cut the phone and do something else.
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by chamotex(m): 12:43am On Jul 05, 2008
me personally, i dont like talkin on da fone for too long but in general i would wait about a minute or two then hang up, can't afford to waste credit like that u knw grin
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by ima1(f): 12:44am On Jul 05, 2008
1 min n then i hang up
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by Mesmerize(f): 6:33am On Jul 05, 2008
I can wait a while. . it depends on who am talking to. .
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 05, 2008
Yeah, depends on who I am talking to and who that person put me on hold for, say he told me it is he mum, dad etc

other than that, after say 5 minutes, I'll drop the phone
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by holythug(m): 8:40am On Jul 05, 2008
shocked 5 mins . . . na lie, i wld rather call back
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 05, 2008
na lie ke, na di truth tongue
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by StephenP(m): 9:28am On Jul 05, 2008
holythug:

shocked 5 mins .  .  . na lie, i would rather call back

Yeah after like 3 minutes, I think I'd rather call you back or better still you call me back when you are done talking with whoever.
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by lonelypal(m): 9:34am On Jul 05, 2008
StephenP:

Yeah after like 3 minutes, I think I'd rather call you back or better still you call me back when you are done talking with whoever.

Seconded!
Whats d point in keepin me on hold for long when there's nothin wrong with the 'Redial' button,
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by beauteous(f): 9:45am On Jul 05, 2008
Personally,i'm not sure i wil buy d idea
of talkin with sm1,only for him/her
to put me on hold for anoda caller sad
i wil simply say"dnt worry ansa yhur .'ll call back"
swerragawd,wont call bck til he/she calls bck to apologise angry
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by ladybam(f): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2008
@ post

how long is just too long for me.
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by Cayon(f): 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2008
after 30 seconds, i always hang up undecided If you on hold for more than 3 mins - take a hint
I once fell alseep while talking to a dude
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by DisGuy: 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2008
almost immediately, i can always call back

So stephen tell us, how long exactly did you hold on for, i have a feeling its up to 3 hours!
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by ifyalways(f): 3:23pm On Jul 05, 2008
Dis Guy:

So stephen tell us, how long exactly did you hold on for, i have a feeling its up to 3 hours!
lol
2 mins maximum and am gone.Nothing wrong with calling back
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by onyinye2(f): 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2008
i give about five minutes and then i might hang up and when they call back, i might make an excuse like my phone cut off.
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by beauteous(f): 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2008
Errbody seem not to find it annoyin
maybe i shud see it as normal embarassed
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by syren: 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2008
If i'm enjoying da convo and dey want me 2 w8 den, 2 or 3 mins. If dey take 2 long, i'll w8 for dem 2 call back. Still, I've neva been put on hold b4 so undecided grin cool
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by iice(f): 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2008
me personally, i don't like talkin on da phone for too long but in general i would wait about a minute or two then hang up

ditto.
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2008
if they're the ones calling me, they can take as long as they like. i'll just put my phone on speaker and find something to distract my self after a minute.

if i called, i'm going to hang up and call back. no time (or credit) wasting grin grin
Re: How Long Is Too Long To Be Kept On Hold? by StephenP(m): 10:38pm On Jul 05, 2008
Dis Guy:

LOL I already said so on reply #8.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies; If U Are In A Room With 2face For 20 Mins., What Will U Do? / Tell Your Story: The Relationship That Never Was / Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.