Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,295 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed (1275 Views)

Funny Picture: Opinions Needed / How To Restore A Broken Relationship And Marriage / Female Opinions Needed On How To Spice Up A Boring Relationship! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by iwemfoo: 11:33pm On Oct 26, 2011
what are the best ways to move on from a failed attempt at a relationship? How do you get what has happened out of your mind?

does anyone have any tried and tested methods?

all advice is appreciated. I don't hate the guy and would like to be his friend at some point,  but I wanna be over it first so I can do that without harboring feelings towards him  embarassed
Re: Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by uju2: 11:47pm On Oct 26, 2011
Earlier this year I was in a similar situation. Keep busy, find a distraction maybe a guy who likes you a lot to keep your mind off it, but nothing serious no rebound relationship.

Pray to God to heal your hurt and help you forgive the guy.

Finally spend time with your girls and pampering yourself, being hot is the best revenge lol. Every time he sees you he needs to be filled with regret. After a few months you will be over him and he will probably come back but dont take him back.

Offer to be his friend. By then it will be easy because you have moved on.

Thats what I would do.
Re: Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by iwemfoo: 11:54pm On Oct 26, 2011
Thank's uju, some good practical steps. I like the idea of a distraction but do not want to cut off my nose to spite my face, before the guy gets too attached and I have to hurt him.
Re: Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by NaJaHaJe(f): 11:57pm On Oct 26, 2011
First confront your emotions then go get a hobby. Occasionally revisit your emotions to check if you having probs letting go and then go back to your hobby. Also do a person and character search. People change after every relationship so make sure you check yourself so you don't carry unwanted baggage from a previous relationship. Learn to love yourself again.
Re: Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by uju2: 11:59pm On Oct 26, 2011
@iwemfo no need to feel bad i'm sure you have toasters who will appreciate the extra attention now that you are single, but know where to cut it off, no second date, dont talk to much on the phone but enjoy texting and keep all the messages to make you smile when you're bored.
Re: Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by iwemfoo: 12:03am On Oct 27, 2011
uju I'm really bad at texting hardly reply but I will try to learn thanks.

NaJa HaJe:

First confront your emotions then go get a hobby. Occasionally revisit your emotions to check if you having probs letting go and then go back to your hobby. Also do a person and character search. People change after every relationship so make sure you check yourself so you don't carry unwanted baggage from a previous relationship. Learn to love yourself again.

The hobby sounds like a good idea. Something active to let me take out my frustration maybe boxing or running. Funny enough since it ended I love myself more because I know I deserve better and have learnt what I won't tolerate next time.
Re: Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by coogar: 12:28am On Oct 27, 2011
iwemfoo:

what are the best ways to move on from a failed attempt at a relationship? How do you get what has happened out of your mind?

does anyone have any tried and tested methods?

all advice is appreciated. I don't hate the guy and would like to be his friend at some point,  but I wanna be over it first so I can do that without harboring feelings towards him  embarassed

get drunk
use drugs
have loads of s[i]e[/i]x.
Re: Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by ShyOne(f): 3:05am On Oct 27, 2011
Re: Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by Ranoscky(m): 3:15am On Oct 27, 2011
Always play ten-teh or suwe with the kids on your street. With that, you wont even remember that u have botherings.
Re: Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by Nobody: 3:29am On Oct 27, 2011
an interesting hobby is a good starting point. So is a new vocation that can keep you engaged, perhaps learning a new skill. How to type faster? a new language? You can also try hanging out more with friends, visiting cinemas and renting a movie
Re: Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by Dyt(f): 8:32am On Oct 27, 2011
look extremely beautiful
go out, watch movies, do beach, jst mk ursef happy
Re: Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by uju2: 6:18pm On Oct 27, 2011
Dyt thats a good idea, similar to mine,
Re: Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by uju2: 6:21pm On Oct 27, 2011
coogar:

get drunk
use drugs
have loads of s[i]e[/i]x.

Loool umm, undecided
Re: Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by iwemfoo: 6:33pm On Oct 27, 2011
Sex drugs and rock and roll works for some, But not me! Im a virgin/saint/married to Jesus cool lol
Re: Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by pendo89(f): 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2011
Start by forgiving. Don't block your blessings cz of a person. Release them from your heart and once its free the healing process will begin.
You will know its over when you don't feel bitter or revengeful about the person.
At that point open your heart to love again.Meet people.go places,look great and allow yourself to be loved.
You will feel reborn when you meet a nice guy that loves you.

My small advise is this.Never use anything or another person to fill a gap cz they wont last.Fix the broken heart first before you allow another person in there.
cheers.
Re: Moving On from a broken relationship - opinions needed by bekay911(f): 9:14am On Oct 28, 2011
Jst focus on tins dat make u happy and relaxed and get rid of things dat remind u of him.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Reason/s For Marriage? / Does He Still Love me? / A Romantic Bye Bye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.