Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Recipes For The Fruitful Home - Food (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipes For The Fruitful Home (48065 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / I Need Recipes For Stew, Spaghetti, Beans, Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by smiler(f): 3:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
@ Dreams, yes its the same one. However, remember ekpang kuko can also be made with cocoyam.

Kikelada thanks for sharing this recipe.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 5:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
New recipe up (with a twist to make it baby friendly)

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/12/06/aloo-tikki/

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by kikeladea: 10:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
Sorry for d late reply to ur qtns. Water yam is sold in most markets in Lagos. Its normally smaller is size compare to yams.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
Thank you Kikeladea and Smiler. Meanwhile, I didn't even know I could use cocoyam for ekpang. I'll look for it 2mrw.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 4:14am On Dec 07, 2013
@All, good morning!
@Alwaystrue...pls do u mean Udoka2 is Mypeace? shocked shocked Many a time Ȋ̝̊̅ have said a prayer on her behalf. Ȋ̝̊̅ thank God Almighty for her and her Lo
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by ipio(f): 12:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
Hi all,
me like@ new name
@dreams, what can I use to subtitute parsley in the above recipe or can I leave it out.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 1:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
Ipio, you can use spring onions instead.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by ipio(f): 2:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
ok, thanks alot
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Oct20: 7:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
Dreamsinbc dear,more grease to ur elbow.God wil give u the strength u need for this task.hw r u,dh nd lo?Any thing for the festive period?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2013
Oct20 darl, Amen! There's plenty o for the festive period. Will start posting 2mrw, by God's grace.

Plssss, share your christmas/festive recipes. I don't want to feature jollof rice this year, please share ideas and recipes with us. Venuss sent me a fantastic potato dish with peanut butter. I can't wait to try it out. Alwaystrue, you have millions of ideas, pls na help a girl out.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Iyabetajos(f): 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2013
@DREAMSINBC,BAWO?TWO DAYS.CAN SEE EVERYTHIN GOIN ON FINE.ABEG I GET ONE RECIPE BT MAYBE SOME PPLE MIGHT LAUGH AT ME.LOLZZZ
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by favoredgal: 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2013
@dreams..i will be making goat curry

Along with other ideas i get here

Hwz LO?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
Favored gal, goat curry sounds nice! Do you have a recipe to share? Much appreciated.

Iyabetajos, na real kwana biu. How are the twins? Nobody go laugh jare, share with us. I know a lot of people don't want the monotony of jollof and fried rice.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by HawtMummie(f): 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
Let's keep the recipes coming in please! I need new xmas dilish on d menu. Though I've got a plan to stock up on all fruits/veggies in season. No fizzy drinks whatsoever nor packaged juice not even for guests.
Watermelon+pawpaw+apples etc... 4 xmas galore!
I'l call 'em Bethlehem Smoothies!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Moyinoluwa83: 7:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
@all goodevening o. Hope everyone is good and tnx for keeping the thread alive.

I love the new name, its beautiful.

Hmm tried the beans and pumpkin dis morning. It was delish!!!.

@dreams, thanks a lot for bringing life to our kitchen.

@twingirls, how are u.How far with dis our address now. U never build am finish. Lols

@ favoured girl and iyabetajos. How are u? God is ur strenght. Regards to ur LOs.

To all of us in God's waiting room, our prayers will be answered. Amin

Have a beautiful week. Huggs
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:50am On Dec 09, 2013
Hawtmummie, add me to your guest list o.
Moyin, I'm glad you liked it. Share your Christmas ideas.
Iyabeta, where u dey na? Wey the recipe?

New recipe up
http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/12/09/kung-pao-chicken/

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Iyabetajos(f): 9:20am On Dec 09, 2013
@DREAMSINBC,HA CHILAX,AM POLISHIN MY 'ENGRISH'.WIL post it later.its a hausa native vegetable porridge.dunno if its d belle ohh bt i love dis tin die.i wont really call it a main dish bt more lyk an appetizer
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by favoredgal: 11:38am On Dec 09, 2013
Hawt mummie i am fine...thanks

@dreams...hmm. il put the recipe for the goat curry up in the evening. Meanwhile, the recipe you just put up...stirfry the chicken for 6 mins. Wont it still taste raw? Or is the chicken cooked prior. Forgive my ignorance abeg. Want to try the recipe tonight.im so bored of my cooking
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
Favored gal, Lol. No, if you use chicken breasts, 6 minutes is enough for the chicken. Then you still have like 3 more minutes. However, if you want to use another part of the chicken, it will take a bit longer, but everything depends on how small the pieces are.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by favoredgal: 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
Ok thanks
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
Nairaland, biko which one is chicken bosoms again? grin
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by favoredgal: 1:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
Lol. Dont worry. I understand...its the autochange grin cheesy
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by kikeladea: 4:03pm On Dec 09, 2013
Good day all, how has been your day. am here again with another local recipe. i hope i will not bore you with my local foods.
food stuffs
unripe plantain, sweet potatoes.

soup items
vegetable (ugwu), blended pepper (tomatoes, rodo, onion, garlic n ginger), meat, smoked fish, seasoning cubes, cabbage, cray fish, salt, palm oil.

cooking: peel n boil the plantain and sweet potatoes (no salt please). Then pound together like pounded yam.
wash the vegetable and cabbage and then slice separately. fry the pepper in palm oil, add your meat, fish, seasoning cubes, cray fish and salt. allow to boil well almost frying. Add the vegetable then add a little cabbage. reduce the heat to the lowest and allow the heat for just 2 minutes. ready to serve.

caution: do not allow the cabbage to stay too long on the heat. the longer it stays the watery and tasteless it becomes. and it is good when finished at once.

Dream dear, kinldy try out this recipe and post the pix.

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
Hello all, how una dey mamas? Hmmmmm, Dreams, baby I need recipes for this year end ooo, something delicously better in the Christmas and bew year. Hmmmmmmm, yummmy yummmmy for my babilistic hubby. He likes new foods or sonething old cooked in different ways.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Iyabetajos(f): 6:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
RECIPE FOR VEGETABLE PORRIDGE.
ingredents
1cup maize grits or acha.

three large fresh tomatoes.
blended otorodo n chilli pepper

2 large onion bulbs

.2 cubes of maggi

half teaspoon of salt.

spinach or asparagus
zobo leaf(just a little to bring out sour taste)some pple squeeze out lemon in its absence.

cabbage.carrots n greenbeans,parsely,n all green u feel u can eat including pumpkin
cooked biscuit bone(along with d broth)
procedure

place 5cups of water in a pot.add diced tomatoes,blended chilli n otorodo,onions and seasoning.bring to boil.add maize grits n kip stirrin to prevent clumping.if u r usin acha,wash to remove dirt n stones before pourin in.allow to cook for 3minutes.add carrot,greenbeans,pumpkin,cabbage and allow to cook for 5mins.
add spinach n zobo leaf,den allow to steam for 3mins.pour in ur biscuit bone with broth n u r gud to go.
i luv dis durin festive periods cos it helps me wash down d oil in my system n aids indigestion.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by safe06: 7:03pm On Dec 09, 2013
ona no go kee safe06 for here oooo,which one is chicken bweast again? Vewi soon we wee be hearing rat ear,tolotolo wings,mosquito laps,etc,abeg oooooo...
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2013
Double post
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
Kikeladea, ok, so it's mashed potato and plantain and sauce/soup? Hmmm, like swallow? I have sweet potatoes, but no plantains. Will try it 2mrw. Thank you very much for something different. I really like your recipes.

Iyabeta, I've been looking for an acha recipe. I bought 4 mudus, thinking it would finish soon, not knowing very little goes a very long way. Have been using it for breakfast porridge and fufu, didn't know I could use it like this. Thank you soooo much.

Redeemersave, our sisters answered you immediately sef. These 2 recipes sound yummy!

Ahhhh, Safe, u never see the recipe using mosquito legs wey I post? Dem plenty, might as well use them as meat, KWIM?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Iyabetajos(f): 9:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
@DREAMSINBC,lmao.just try it out n i hope u lyk it.it helps me drive morning sickness away
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2013

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
Kike, I made your last recipe today. The soup/sauce was nice, but I messed up by using only sweet potatoes. It didn't have any structure to it, so I ate it like mashed potatoes and sauce, instead of like swallow. I really liked the sauce, and I think it's going to feature on my christmas table. I will make it with the unripe plantains this time sha. Thank you for a wonderful recipe.

I didn't post pictures because I didn't follow tge recipe, and I got mashed potatoes instead of swallow

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Alwaystrue(f): 8:04am On Dec 11, 2013
@my people for here godugodu morin o.
This Christ birth celebration go helele. See recipes....@Dreansinbc, millions of ideas ke? I am tongue-tied with the ones wet u just dey display so. I got the sesame oil, choi, that thing just elevated the taste of the food to a whole new level. shocked I buy the oyster sauce too for added kick. I go try enough recipes *e-dancing*
I have even been sharing your blog with others.

@Uteh, kikeladae, thanks for the update. I don't like the taste of wateryam o, the thing is so stringy! if I see I go try this ikokore sha.

@lizzyslaw, yes my dear. @Udoka2 is @Mypeace. You will have realised that by now.

Abeg my people with these lovely recipes, we suppose put picture o. Person dey eat with eyes first before mouth.

Thanks for the effort.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

See The Huge Monitor Lizard My Friends Trap Caught At Their Backyard.� / Freemason Symbol On Dangote Spaghetti Wrapper? / Liberian Chef, Wonyean Gaye Set To Break Hilda Baci’s Cooking Marathon Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.