Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,198 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Recipes For The Fruitful Home - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipes For The Fruitful Home (48058 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / I Need Recipes For Stew, Spaghetti, Beans, Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 2:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
@Dreams, been making edikang ikong b4 but in a different way. Ȋ̝̊̅ usually add uziza leaves to the ugu and water leaf. Ȋ̝̊̅ love d aroma of uziza in it but Ȋ̝̊̅'ll try ur method.

Also, most times we skip lunch cos we are not at home so can we use any of the lunch suggestions for dinner?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
Yes Liz, you can mix and match to suit you.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by skimpychick(f): 3:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hmmm yummy yummy , nice thread . Hope I'm welcome here or is it too late to join?. I love these natural smoothies. @dreams u too much you'll spoil ur family with food o. Pls can I join now or shld I wait till nxt mnth.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 4:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
SkimpyChick, welcome. You can jump right in, just read the rules on the first page relating to when to eat somethings in your cycle. Start, and continue for the next 30 days. Yummmm, smoothies!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Alwaystrue(f): 5:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
@Lizzyslaw, hmmm smoothies ehn, they are part of my meals o as often as I can. That banana coconut and carrot is try worthy cheesy.
How did your cucumber, cabbage and apple taste without honey? I am yet to try it though.

@dreams those recipes look Dreamsilicious. You have a way of making normal everyday meals so unique and attractive to cook and eat.

For the brown rice puding, a touch of softened carrots and fish flakes will give added yumminess. I have made rice and mixed with honey when it was done so I can imagine the flavour. I think there was even some coconut milk in the mix if I remember well. kiss

I think we can take a look at seafood as well. Lobsters, crabs and other fish for another level of meals.

Someone asked about what can be done with carrot chaff, have we thought about how to use all these residue for something more filling, possibly add coconut or carrot chaff (blended to flour) into our bakes or to coat fish or chicken for frying or roasting, add to our jollof or fried rice, or as topping for smoothies or bread and butter?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
@All,

IT IS WITH EXUBERANCE AND A HEART FILLED WITH UNBRIDLED JOY THAT I ANNOUNCE THAT I HAVE IN MY HANDS A BOTTLE OF BRAGG ORGANIC RAW-UNFILTERED APPLE CIDER VINEGAR WITH THE 'MOTHER'

Today, ACV is demystified in my home and Ȋ̝̊̅ will get to know what all the hulabaloo is about. Ȋ̝̊̅ hv heard soooo much about d taste. Some say it is awful, others say it is not bad at all. Today, Ȋ̝̊̅ stop guessing and wondering.

This feat would not be possible without our very own "Twingalz" Words fail me as Ȋ̝̊̅ find that "Thank u" is just not enough.

@all, pls do me d honour of helping me thank her. Ȋ̝̊̅ paid not a dime. She bought it and sent it to me without charge. God Bless u and grant u "Twingalz" soonest IJMN-Amen!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
@Alwayztrue, it tasted wow! That's the best Ȋ̝̊̅ can describe it. It lacked the smooth creaminess of the banana and carrot shake, maybe because of the banana and milk, it wasn't as smooth either but it was nice. They r different in d way vanilla is different from chocolate.

Do try it, you'll love it. Didn't need d honey at all.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
watz Tiger nuts, pls?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by uteh: 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
@Dreams well done o, God's blessing will never depart from your home. I used to prepare my edikikong in a different way, but this your method is quicker, will try it.

Am not really following, i just prepare any of d meals i find convinient at a time. So this morning i made d apple oatmeal, i loved it, dh too enjoyed it, but he felt it had to be eaten with something, so he went down d street to buy akara!

Pls i want to understand d difference between preparing smoothies and juicing. For smoothies do u just blend d ingridients with little water and drink? While in juicing without a juicer, do you blend with little water and sieve?

I tried dat beans pasta, hhmmm i no fit talk sha, i had to hide it from dh and threw it away.

These smoothies, can we add moringa powder to it. Moringa leave powder is fertility friendly too.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Alwaystrue(f): 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
grin @Mama twinsgirls, Thank you, Nagode, Dalu, ese o, for demystifying Braggs ACV in @Lizzyslaw's home o. I can imagine the pure joy. I had got the Braggs since even before it was being discussed here for household use and I was so happy when I saw it in the store for I thought it could only be bought in the US. God bless the giver and the receiver with their hearts desire.

I made the bone broth today...yummy. And I added the Braggs ACV. Pepper broth don arrive o.

@Dreams I read it can be used in place of stock cubes and the fatty top cap be shaved and used to make nice dishes. Hmmm, this is interesting.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2013
Twinnie, God bless you! You've paid Iyabetajos'
favour to you forward to Lizzy. Now Lizzy will pay
it forward to someone else. God will bless you
Twinnie

Uteh, what happened with the bean pasta? What was wrong? For the smoothies, you use a base of water or milk, no sifting. For juicing without a juicer, blend with a little water, then sift. Lol@akara! Men cannot kill me.

Ninz, tiger nuts are also called aki hausa.

Liz, pls leave me ooo. All this grammar on top of ACV. Wahala dey o!

Alwaystrue, I love bone broth. I use it as a base for egg drop soup, and other things.

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 8:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
Lizzybabe, Haba! All dis oyinbo! U̶̲̥̅̊ wan make my head D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ swell? because of how much? Thank you ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ thanking me o, Iyabetajos must av spent a lot of money, times 5 of wat i spent, so all d glory be to God o. Meanwhile, i covet ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ coconut/ carrot/ banana, but i fear ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ calories a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ opted ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ carrot, banana a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ cabbage, wow isn't it yummy!

‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ all I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Lag that want bsm, check healthplus Magodo, they ve got plenty a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ different types,  got organic a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ unsulphured. So go grab ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ choice

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
Twinnie and our other Lag sisters, pls have you ever come across flax seeds in any of those stores?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 9:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
@Twinnie, cheesy grin, nor be my fault Oº°˚˚°ºh! Now wey Ȋ̝̊̅ don see ACV, Ȋ̝̊̅ am practicing how to announce my BFP. As per calories, Ȋ̝̊̅ know how long it took me to get to 65kg, Ȋ̝̊̅ nor dey fear, adding is wahala for me.

@Ninz, Tiger nut is also popularly called "Hausa Groundnut"

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 9:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
@Dreams, by d way, my edikan-ikong ds evening hit d right spot. At ds rate Ȋ̝̊̅ dn't think BIL will rush back
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by VENUSS(f): 9:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
Dreamsinbc: Twinnie and our other Lag sisters, pls have you ever come across flax seeds in any of those stores?

@dreams, flax seed is at gnc store. In abj. I got a packet of flax seed powder there. Hemp seed also. By nativa I tink.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by olaitan1978(f): 6:34am On Nov 10, 2013
@ninz tiger nut in Hausa is called Ayah while in Yoruba it's called emumu or ofioo.
@Dreamsinbc wish I could join u in ur fertility diet, but I'm following you daily sha ooo. You are doing a wonderful and selfless service. Only God can reward you. I'm presently on only ACV, nothing more. Hope it doesn't disturb anything ooo?

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:15am On Nov 10, 2013
Venuss, God bless you. Thank you.
Liz, he won't finish saying all the things he ate at yours. Biko practice well jare!
Olaitan, acv won't stop anything, don't worry. Even if you're not following every detail of the challenge, just incorporate healthy foods, swap out the junk.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by HawtMummie(f): 11:22am On Nov 10, 2013
Hello dearies..
Tho I dnt post often, I'm following the challenge. Infact, I had started smoothies before the 30 day challng.

It is well
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by smiler(f): 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
'Deema I will definitely try this plantain balls. Welldone sis!

@all thanks for always being there in your special way. May God always bless and keep us all.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Alwaystrue(f): 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mark 9:49
For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.

In this brief course as we see in the scripture, Jesus said everyone will be purified, preserved, tested, seasoned by fire. Job 23:10.
When we salt our food, we let it simmer a little on the fore so it can be fully incorporated and thee burst of activated flavour or taste is realised.
Chemical reactions occur when salt and fire mix. Flavours are released, savours are brought out of meals.
God is so interested in salt so much so that we see how He commanded His sacrifices presented in Leviticus 2:13.
Our offering should have an atitude and the right taste of love, happiness, joy, endurance and other good things.

Today, whatever you may be experiencing in life, remeber the words of Christ that we shall all be preserved, tested with fire (trials, persecutions) to bring out the full savour of the combinations of the fruits and flavours of the Spirit He has given us. James 1:4
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by uteh: 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
Happy Sunday all.

@Dreams, thanks for d explanation. For d bean pasta, i think d dough was too hard and i left it for a long time. I went out after covering it with a napkin and only remembered at bedtime. So i quickly rushed to roll and cut into shape. I cooked it for more than 30min, yet d inside was not cooked and it was tasteless too.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by muma(f): 5:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
Deema, pls don't let me loose my job Oo°˚˚˚°! , eeeeh unless u want to employ me in ur kitchen.
grin.

I ve being going to work a bit late cos of dreams recipes.

My plantain roll got burnt , but i ate it like dat, i no fit waste am.
Making my smoothie now, later babes
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by muma(f): 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
@dreams, pls what is Colcannon?.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
@Muma, u wan use style yab me abi? The one wey wannabeamum and venuss use me do never do? Lol! Biko, no go late ooo. My hand is not there. Lmao. Colcannon is a potato recipe. It's potatoes, cabbage, onions, etc... Will post it 2mrw.

@Uteh...that's the problem. The longer it stays out, the harder it gets. Wow! I'm sorry it was wasted. Mine took less than 10 minutes to boil.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 8:15am On Nov 11, 2013
Alwaystrue, U̶̲̥̅̊ remind me of d process of making gold, so wen we are tested wt fire, our flavour comes out great, cos of d fire a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ salt combo! Hmmmmnnnn! Thank you God cos my twingirls wil be great a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ worth the̶̲̥̅̊ wait, so why hurry?

Dreams, i saw dat flaxseed at dat 175b Kofo Abayomi, VI, i Ĵüڪ† remove my eyes cos it looked so costly! Wat is it ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ anyway?

Ninz, ill send d tigernut pics shortly
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 8:18am On Nov 11, 2013
Tigernut

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
Tempting everybody who opens this page while at work...now you can spend the remaining hours drooling.

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by muma(f): 2:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dreaams !!!!!!!!, i don die Oo°˚˚˚°! , what is dis, long throat wan kill me here!!!.

Oo°˚˚˚°! , it looks so yummy.
I no fit comot my eye

Dreams, well done chef with big belly lol
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2013
Muma, that's for opening Nairaland at work. grin
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Moyinoluwa83: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
@Dreams!!! I want o. Don't know what it is but I sha know I want. Make I send address? Lols. Well done chef. Chop knuckle. grin
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by HawtMummie(f): 4:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
Okay, its official ..na longer throat make me tanda here 2day. @dreams oya abeg send that yummy plate asap! @ll 2 day is my Birthday ohh! So I know that plate should be devoured on my dining 2nite.

This recent diet has really opened my eyes 2 all d unneccesary ijekuje wey I dey take 4 granted. Eating clean is the way out my sis, aside fertility, there's this feeling of lightness and wellbeing I feel with it. Thanks deema. (((Hugz)))

.....Waiting 4 d plate..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Freemason Symbol On Dangote Spaghetti Wrapper? / See The Huge Monitor Lizard My Friends Trap Caught At Their Backyard.� / A Weird Meal Cooked By A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.