Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,694 members, 7,837,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455522 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by drdee4cash: 11:38am On Dec 27, 2013
valentijay: Interview went like this
V:O what is ur name
Me: told her
Vo: what are you going to usa to do
Me: graduate studies
Vo: what specifically
Me:masters of public health
Vo:what is the name of the university?
Me:fort valley state university
Vo:where is that in the us
Me:Georgia
Vo: what did you study in your first degree
Me: biochemistry
Vo: where did u study that
Me:told her
Vo:where do you work
Me:actually I graduated in 2010, started my youth corp in 2011 n ended that in 2012. I then took classes for both GRE and toefl. Since then, I've been working with my dad at his hospital
Vo:wow! ! You wrote gre
Me:yes
Vo:can I see the proof
Me:passed her both results
Vo: your dad has an hospital
Me:yes
Vo:what is his specialty
Me:he's a gynaecologist but thr hospital has lots of departments ranging from the pediatrics to the dental to the o&g to the laboratory and even the mortuary
Vo:pass me ur dads documents
Me:passed her bank statement and letter of sponsorship
Vo:congratulations, your visa have been approved.
Me:now with my sawgs, I hope the visa pickup is not going to be in the evening
Vo:not at all
Me:enjoy the rest of your day ma

Now my conclusion, we should all I understand that only God gives visas. Onces God is on your side, you'll get it. Secondly, ones confidence goes a long way. Speak audibly and confidently. With these two things, your visa is sure. Trust me there is no big deal in it. I return all the Glory to God. I love u all

bro i also want to apply at that same university for same course maters in public health. pls i will need your help to know how to go about the application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by drdee4cash: 11:45am On Dec 27, 2013
please guys am new here, i want to apply for my masters in public health in the USA but i don't really know how to go about it. and again the issue with GRE and TOEFL been banned in Nigeria, i want to take those exams and how can i go about DOING THAT OR IS THEIR ANY ALTERNATIVE TO THAT . PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP OUT AS WHERE to begin from and how to go about it. any university in sterling Virginia that offers masters in public health
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2013
@valentijay... Where and when was your interview sheduled?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Deolu1993: 12:39pm On Dec 27, 2013
Graviton v.2.0.:
posting of contact details is not allowed here.

Also, I totally disagree with the bolded. Kaplan SAT is waaay too easy.

My 2cents

Thanks for your 2cents.lol.. which do u recommend tho, Barron's? Plus do u think it's necessary I get the official sat guide..thanks boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Kofo92: 1:19pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hello house, one of my friend wants to cancell his interview date at the abuja emabassy due to some reasons and he his now looking for someone dat has early january date to swap with the person.his date is dec 30th.so any interested fellow shud pm me......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2013
Kofo92: Hello house, one of my friend wants to cancell his interview date at the abuja emabassy due to some reasons and he his now looking for someone dat has early january date to swap with the person.his date is dec 30th.so any interested fellow shud pm me......
can i just buy it? because i'm just about to schedule an appointment and dat date is okay by me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ifynessrex(f): 2:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
Good day friend... I'♍ new here. So, hoplessly lost. This tread was suggested to ♍e by a friend. I wanna do my Master in Criminology and need help and suggestions on how to go about it. The school I can go for and all. I know I ask for a long thing but I need help. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 2:24pm On Dec 27, 2013
Idazbawz: thanks for the info bro! I'll use yur style.. By the way, are u schooling abroad?
No bro, am still here in Naija.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hello House,

Compliments of the season to you all.

I have Three questions;

1. Am currently looking for a University offering Master Program in Social work for my madam. Was wondering if anybody in the House have an links to a good uni not to far away from Rhode-Island, Boston, New-york that the price is reasonable.

2. With a Visiting Visa to the United States is it possible to get a University and change her status to student Visa their once the school has confirmed her admission.

3. If she is to apply from Nigeria can our baby get a dependent Visa and travel with her immediately.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
Deolu_1993:
Thanks for your 2cents.lol.. which do u recommend tho, Barron's? Plus do u think it's necessary I get the official sat guide..thanks boss.
Yes, I recommend Baron's. I won't say getting the test guide is necessary but it is important you know what you are up against.

There is a SAT guide enclosed within your SAT registration package, I suggest you study with that alone (if you're confident in your academic ability and do not have money to spare) if not, please get Barron's ASAP

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rubenic(m): 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2013
dareted: Hello House,

I have Three questions;

1. Am currently looking for a University offering Master Program in Social work for my madam. Was wondering if anybody in the House have an links to a good uni not to far away from Rhode-Island, Boston, New-york that the price is reasonable.

2. With a Visiting Visa to the United States is it possible to get a University and change her status to student Visa their once the school has confirmed her admission.

3. If she is to apply from Nigeria can our baby get a dependent Visa and travel with her immediately.

Thank you

Question 2: Yes it is very possible!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
ifyness rex: Good day friend... I'♍ new here. So, hoplessly lost. This tread was suggested to ♍e by a friend. I wanna do my Master in Criminology and need help and suggestions on how to go about it. The school I can go for and all. I know I ask for a long thing but I need help. Thanks.

Just search schools and mail the Int'l Admission Office about their requirements and if they offer Criminology.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 27, 2013

I have Three questions;

There are a good number of Universities in those cities, just search them, no one would do that for you bro.

You'll have to come back to Naija to do that for easy application.

Yes, your baby can get an 'F2'(dependent) VISA.

Thank you

Welcome!

Goodluck bro! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
rubenic:

Question 2: Yes it is very possible!

Hello Bro, Can you give me a Hint.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
Amefrica:

Goodluck bro! smiley

Thanks bro for the advice, but what are the procedures involved in getting a 'F2'(dependent) VISA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
dareted:

Thanks bro for the advice, but what are the procedures involved in getting a 'F2'(dependent) VISA

Read this up bro! www.immigrationroad.com/visa/f1-student/f2-visa-dependent-spouse-child.php
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2013
dareted:

you'll be asked to fill out a particular portion when filling the school's affidavit of support form
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
Kofo92: Hello house, one of my friend wants to cancell his interview date at the abuja emabassy due to some reasons and he his now looking for someone dat has early january date to swap with the person.his date is dec 30th.so any interested fellow shud pm me......

Idazbawz: can i just buy it? because i'm just about to schedule an appointment and dat date is okay by me

Amazing. Both of you will be disappointed when after he cancelled his Dec 30 and the day didn't show up as available to the buyer.

The system of appointment date doesn't work like that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
What just happened? Why was my post hidden?

Why did someone report my post when all I did was offer help to a person angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 4:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
mikemillz: @ROzay sup bro, it's good have u back, neva knew that u ve left naija for obamaland, na updates wey I see even tell me. How that side na, I dey come join u soon ohh, I must buy u one bottle of belaire rose....

Yess Boss. I arrived the states about 2 weeks ago. Mehn, dis side dey tight bro. Make sense die! Already getting adapted to the weather and environment.

Looking forward to seeing you here soon.. Na Bottle of Rozay we go pop ooooo. Lool.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2013
Deolu_1993: Pls does any1 know any bookshops where I can find sat books in ikeja area.I also wanted to know which is better, KAPLAN or Barron's.btw is there any need to get the officail sat guide or is info on internet enough? Btw of you can recommend additional material it will be helpful.thanks

try and get barron.. I have barron 2013 edition if you are interested to buy or you get it at yaba which is not far from ikeja.. Although i stay close to iyana ipaja side
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 4:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
imperiouxx:

Amazing. Both of you will be disappointed when after he cancelled his Dec 30 and the day didn't show up as available to the buyer.

The system of appointment date doesn't work like that.
@imperioxx i sent yu an email... Didn't you get it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 4:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
Graviton v.2.0.:
Deolu

Go to the nearest GIEVA office and get a copy of Barron's SAT, it's NGN 8,100 or thereabout.

I hope your question has been satisfactorily answered.

He doesn't need to purchase the Barron SAT materials @ GIEVA for that price. It's quite expensive there.

All he simply needs to do is to go to the nearest bookstore close to his home and purchase it there. He can get a good deal there. For like 2k to 4k for the Barrons SAT materials.

If he stays @ ikeja or close to ikeja, he can get those SAT materials @ Ikeja under bridge for 2k to 4k. Or @ Yaba Market bookstores.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

He doesn't need to purchase the Barron SAT materials @ GIEVA for that price. It's quite expensive there.

All he simply needs to do is to go to the neareat bookstore and purchase it there. You can get a goo deal there. For like 2k to 4k for the barrons.

If he stays @ ikeja, he can get those SAT materials @ Ikeja under bridge for 2k to 4k. Or @ Yaba Market bookstores.
Okay, whichever floats his boat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:29pm On Dec 27, 2013

I have Three questions;

Thank you

Are you in the US and she on F2 visa? If yes, then she can get a school and change her status to F1 by filing application to UCIS. If otherwise, she has to come back to Nigeria to apply for an F1 visa before she can be accepted as bona fide international student in the US.

Baby I guess you mean infant. If yes, then she has to prove she can support the infant and cope with classes. And most important, she or the baby won't depend on public fund.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
Graviton v.2.0.:
Deolu

Go to the nearest GIEVA office and get a copy of Barron's SAT, it's NGN 8,100 or thereabout.

Thats amount is too much oo when am planning to sell my own barron below 2K5 which is 2013 edition. PM if you are interested!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
Deolu_1993:

You will need to get an Official SAT guide, so you can ace the SAT test. Believe me, you won't wanna go to the test centre Unprepared.

Barrons is good. You can also check out Collegeboard SAT guide too.

But try to prepare with different Practice questions before your SAT test, so you can get familiar with the questions format and strategies on how well you can tackle and Ace the SAT test!

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
Graviton v.2.0.:
Deolu

that amount no be small money ooo.. Anyway i have barron SAT 2013 edition that i intend to sell below 2k5. But you can still get at yaba if u want to go there. So choose yaba or choose me if you are interested and i stay close to iyana ipaja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 4:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey guys, I have 2 questions.firstly around how much is the recommended sat book(Kaplan) and where can I get cheap ones..also I wanted to know do all US schools accept Ielts? This is because i have done it b4, so i want to know of o can use to apply for us school or if shuld taks toefl Thanks
I have SAT KAPLAN textbook i can sell to you @ cheap price, also TOEFL barron textbook... Let me knw if yur interested
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
Walspring:

Thats amount is too much oo when am planning to sell my own barron below 2K5 which is 2013 edition. PM if you are interested!
Yes, like RR rightly said he can easily get it at a cheaper price.

Looking back now, e be like GIEVA don chop my friend money!

2013 edition? Is it the one with yellow cover and a picture of a white girl studying?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Yess Boss. I arrived the states about 2 weeks ago. Mehn, dis side dey tight bro. Make sense die! Already getting adapted to the weather and environment.

Looking forward to seeing you here soon.. Na Bottle of Rozay we go pop ooooo. Lool.

You will need to spend at least 9 months before all your systems can fully adapt if you're the fast adaptable type. Coping with the seasons (winter-summer-winter), time zone, water, food etc takes gradual process.

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.