Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,459 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455596 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
Changing sponsor to match ♍Ɣ‎ i-20. Which states family fund

kunlebal:
VO will surely ask you the reason you change your sponsor n is left for you to defend yourself. The question is why are you changing your sponsor, let us know so that we can help you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hello, Please i need y'll to look into this;
i was denied visa on 24th dec. My i-20 will espire by jan 6. Someone on NL said he sheduled his appointment on 30th dec. He wishes to cancel the appointment and fix mine on 30th. Though i havent paid my VISA fee. He said i should come to his office tomao with N30k. That he will pay my VISA fee in my presence via his GT account, fill out my new DS-160 and cancel his appointment to shedule mine on 30th dec. Pls, I'm i on the right path Will it go well...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
rubenic:

She must state her visa type/status at the time of applying for admission. If offerred admission, she can change her visa status from visit (B1/B2) to student (F1) from within the US using the I-20.
To get a first hand info, i would suggest you write the school's international office.

Please note: Am also also prospective student not an Immigration officer grin grin grin.

This is absolutely wrong. S(he) has to be on F2 visa (spouse of a F1 visa holder) but not on ordinary visiting visa (B class) for filing to the USCIS to be possible.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Send me a Pm bro! Then will drop my email in the PM message
i dont even knw how to send a pm...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Exactly!!!! OMG!! U gotta be kidding me. Lool. Bleeding nostril. The cold tackle u well oooo. Lol

Regarding tomatoes, I saw some @ one african store not too far from my school tho, but they might be expensive compared to walmart that is way cheaper.

Will check if walmart do sell fresh tomatoes.

Yea, winter plus wind raising dust. Walmart sells different kinds but don't think those bell pepper is the same as those in Nigeria, except you see "organic" on it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2013
Idazbawz: bro, pls give me yur email address, i need to ask you some questions

I don send you PM... You will see my email there. Check your email bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rubenic(m): 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
imperiouxx:

This is absolutely wrong. S(he) has to be on F2 visa (spouse of a F1 visa holder) but not on ordinary visiting visa (B class) for filing to the UCIS to be possible.

Are a migration officer? I would advise you make further enquiry bro smiley

http://www.f1studentvisa.com/changing-status/english.aspx

I no be immigration officer o but google is my friend grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
domex007: Changing sponsor to match ♍Ɣ‎ i-20. Which states family fund

Aren't you the one being sponsored by a company?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
Idazbawz: Hello, Please i need y'll to look into this;
i was denied visa on 24th dec. My i-20 will espire by jan 6. Someone on NL said he sheduled his appointment on 30th dec. He wishes to cancel the appointment and fix mine on 30th. Though i havent paid my VISA fee. He said i should come to his office tomao with N30k. That he will pay my VISA fee in my presence via his GT account, fill out my new DS-160 and cancel his appointment to shedule mine on 30th dec. Pls, I'm i on the right path Will it go well...

I havent heard of people paying visa fee via online via GT account but i dont know if that is possible sha.

Just be careful with that deal but i will advise u to pay your fee yourself and get you reciept rather than him doing it for u.

You can book appointment date with your old ds160 then later you can update it with your new ds160 at the appointment date website immediately you start filling a new ds160 and you have a new ds160 code.

Also why cant u wait till fall admission cos you will have more and much time to prepare yourself ahead 2014 cos your resumption is almost near.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
Idazbawz: Hello, Please i need y'll to look into this;

You might not get the date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 6:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
Walspring:

I havent heard of people paying visa fee via online via GT account but i dont know if that is possible sha.

Just be careful with that deal but i will advise u to pay your fee yourself and get you reciept rather than him doing it for u.

You can book appointment date with your old ds160 then later you can update it with your new ds160 at the appointment date website immediately you start filling a new ds160 and you have a new ds160 code.

Also why cant u wait till fall admission cos you will have more and much time to prepare yourself ahead 2014 cos your resumption is almost near.
what about summer2014 (may)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
rubenic:

Are a migration officer? I would advise you make further enquiry bro smiley

http://www.f1studentvisa.com/changing-status/english.aspx

I no be immigration officer o but google is my friend grin

It seems you think all immigrants are treated the same way or the interval between USCIS approval and school enrollment work altogether. If you try that as a Nigerian on visiting in US, your application will be denied gallantly by the USCIS and be shown way to Nigeria to apply for change of status. By then, you'll get the full gist.

Do you think those on visiting visa going back to Nigeria to change status are fools or don't know about google like you do. If you based your decision on webpages that generalized info like talking to the British...... You're a joker.

USCIS approval takes up to 4 months, my OPT filing is going 2 months without any decision made yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2013
Idazbawz: what about summer2014 (may)

Its okay but Fall is better than as far as am concerning ooo..

Am just saying/advicing you now to rush and kindly take time bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rubenic(m): 6:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
imperiouxx:

It seems you think all immigrants are treated the same way or the interval between UCIS approval and school enrollment work altogether. If you try that as a Nigerian on visiting in US, your application will be denied gallantly by the UCIS and be shown way to Nigeria to apply for change of status. By then, you'll get the full gist.

Do you think those on visiting visa going back to Nigeria to change status are fools or don't know about google like you do. If you based your decision on webpages that generalized info...... You're a joker.

UCIS approval takes up to 4 months, my OPT filing is going 2 months without any decision made yet.

Some people think say them sabi everything sha *smh* oga o undecided am out!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 6:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
Idazbawz: i dont even knw how to send a pm...

Click on my NL Name now. And go to the part that says send message to Ricky Rozay.

Then u got ur Boss coming thru from there. That's wats up!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 6:55pm On Dec 27, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yea, winter plus wind raising dust. Walmart sells different kinds but don't think those bell pepper is the same as those in Nigeria, except you see "organic" on it.

Okay bro. Thanks alot. Will check em out!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
rubenic:

I'll take it as a compliment but your claim is absolutely wrong.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exceedinggrace: 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
valentijay: Interview went like this
V:O what is ur name
Me: told her
Vo: what are you going to usa to do
Me: graduate studies
Vo: what specifically
Me:masters of public health
Vo:what is the name of the university?
Me:fort valley state university
Vo:where is that in the us
Me:Georgia
Vo: what did you study in your first degree
Me: biochemistry
Vo: where did u study that
Me:told her
Vo:where do you work
Me:actually I graduated in 2010, started my youth corp in 2011 n ended that in 2012. I then took classes for both GRE and toefl. Since then, I've been working with my dad at his hospital
Vo:wow! ! You wrote gre
Me:yes
Vo:can I see the proof
Me:passed her both results
Vo: your dad has an hospital
Me:yes
Vo:what is his specialty
Me:he's a gynaecologist but thr hospital has lots of departments ranging from the pediatrics to the dental to the o&g to the laboratory and even the mortuary
Vo:pass me ur dads documents
Me:passed her bank statement and letter of sponsorship
Vo:congratulations, your visa have been approved.
Me:now with my sawgs, I hope the visa pickup is not going to be in the evening
Vo:not at all
Me:enjoy the rest of your day ma

Now my conclusion, we should all I understand that only God gives visas. Onces God is on your side, you'll get it. Secondly, ones confidence goes a long way. Speak audibly and confidently. With these two things, your visa is sure. Trust me there is no big deal in it. I return all the Glory to God. I love u all

pls valentijay, my interview date is Jan. 9th
how where u dressed ?
my gre score is 291,and toefl is 92
do these scores really matter ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
exceedinggrace:
how where u dressed ?
do these score really matter ?

Dress decently as you like but not like in a "I love NY" shirt or like a musician going for world tour or renting an over-starched Italian suit. Since you've got the admission with/without that GRE score, you should be able to convince the VO. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mikemillz(m): 7:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Yess Boss. I arrived the states about 2 weeks ago. Mehn, dis side dey tight bro. Make sense die! Already getting adapted to the weather and environment.

Looking forward to seeing you here soon.. Na Bottle of Rozay we go pop ooooo. Lool.
No pee bro, i dey down for anytin.. my inteview is on thursday and am leaving for abuja on monday, abe u get anybody for abuja wey u fit connect me to wey i fit stay with till i finish this whole process, if i decide to hang out in a hotel, money dey burn be that and i no know abuja well like that, plus u know say i go need stay extra days after the interview to pick the visa up if approved, abeg i need serious help on this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mikemillz(m): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hello house, My name is Michael and i reside in lagos, actually i have a problem and i wish anyone in the house can help, i will most appreciate it.
My interview date is set for Thursday Jan 2nd @ abuja embassy, i dont know abuja like that and i dont have anywhere to hide my head till i finish the interview and pick up the visa. If i decide to run hotels, thats gonna cost me lots that i dont have currently. Plz if anyone is hospitable enuf to house me for those few days, i will most appreciate it and we go jolly together, that is assured.
Thank you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mikemillz(m): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
@walspring baba how far, e don tey ohh, u say we go hook up yet we no see, na wa ohh, u don dey on bbm or whatsapp make we talk, and we dey live close ohh, still we neva hook up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 8:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
mikemillz:
No pee bro, i dey down for anytin.. my inteview is on thursday and am leaving for abuja on monday, abe u get anybody for abuja wey u fit connect me to wey i fit stay with till i finish this whole process, if i decide to hang out in a hotel, money dey burn be that and i no know abuja well like that, plus u know say i go need stay extra days after the interview to pick the visa up if approved, abeg i need serious help on this.

I wish you success in your upcoming interview!

Regarding the other issue, I don't know anyone in abuja. I did my visa interview in lagos and I live in lagos, I even still slept in an hotel a day before the interview since my house is far from the embassy.

I think what you should do is to contact family or friends if they know of anyone in abuja you can stay with for sometime till you pick up your visa, if that doesn't work, then I must say, you have to start looking for a very cheap hotel close to the embassy.

That's the main reason why we recommend that you book your Visa appointment location in a place close to your home. So matters like this won't have arised. Since you stay in lag, you should have booked a Visa appointment date in lagos embassy, to make tins easy for yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 8:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
exceedinggrace:

how where u dressed ?
do these scores really matter ?

ur toefl is good, nd gre too, i think.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 8:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
Walspring:

Its okay but Fall is better than as far as am concerning ooo..

Am just saying/advicing you now to rush and kindly take time bro!
@ walspring, pls PM me, tried but didnt go through i have stuffs to discuss with u...thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
rubenic:

You must be high on 'holy communion' undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exceedinggrace: 8:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
imperiouxx:

Dress decently as you like but not like in a "I love NY" shirt or like a musician going for world tour or renting an over-starched Italian suit. Since you've got the admission with/without that GRE score, you should be able to convince the VO. Best of luck.

thanks imperiouxx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
mikemillz: @walspring baba how far, e don tey ohh, u say we go hook up yet we no see, na wa ohh, u don dey on bbm or whatsapp make we talk, and we dey live close ohh, still we neva hook up

bro no vex cos nah hustle tight for here and i dey busy with some levels but hopefully early new year we must hook up and catch fun..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rubenic(m): 8:22pm On Dec 27, 2013
Amefrica:

You must be high on 'holy communion' undecided
?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:35pm On Dec 27, 2013
Walspring:

why did u say that? grin
You dey laugh me abi?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Deolu1993: 10:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hey guys,what advice can you give some1 writing college admission essays like tips to make it good..thanks in advace guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey guys,what advice can you give some1 writing college admission essays like tips to make it good..thanks in advace guys.

- Do not fabricate stories, be honest.

- Do not write what you think they want to hear.

- Get to the point of the essay.

- Do not hesitate in letting them know what's on your mind

- Get a good critique to proof read your work after completion.

You should be fine with these simple steps. Success!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.