Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454651 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Datanonymous: 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Alright thanks, would let her know!
Joenice: @Datanonymous, it's 2 years. You can renew after that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by fadinus(m): 6:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Graviton2: Fadinus angry

Lol! Boss kedu cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
slimmy05: congratz. I know you would get it. We are destined to get our passport stamped.

Amen!!! Amen!!! Amen!!! in Jesus Name....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
fadinus:

Lol! Boss kedu cheesy

Adim mma oh! You just go AWOL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
Walspring:

Amen!!! Amen!!! Amen!!! in Jesus Name....

Walspring, how you dey, bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
honeyad: I've been a little bit busy, I believe God did it Cos the guy beside me told me he was denied by him last time

Me: good morning sir

V.o: good morning( he smiled a bit)

Me: how was your night

V.o: fine nd yours

Me: good

V.o: you going to the United States to study

Me: yes

V.o: communication right ?

Me: yes

V.o: what are the courses you took to be a communication student?

Mesadsurprised) I said pardon? Cos i didnt expect that kind of questions He repeated nd I said commerce, accounting, English, maths

V.o: cuts in, how did you get your admission..what did you send

Me:transcripts, immunization card,

V.o: cuts in, okay how did you know about the school

Me: I saw an article written by one of the professors in my department(jonzing)

V.o: quickly cuts in before I finish downloading.. Where did you see the article

Me: me wey no see article.. i jus quickly compose my sef, my heart dey beat fast..American online publisher(jonzing)

V.0: why the school?

Me: the school dedicates itself towards academic vitality which has ranked them top 100 school in the southern region

V.o: cuts in.. How did you know the school is good enough for you(didn't remember how he used the English but something like that)

Me: the school has a southeastern channel which has won over 4 Telly awards In the southern region, they have a lion's roar news paper which is been handled by the student of my department, I didn't remember the name of the radio station due to tension so I formed one( Southern radio) the school has a southern radio which also been handled by the students of my department.. I would have time to be versatile across different aspect of communication ranging from journalism to tv production, to radio production etc

V.o: cuts in, so you want to be a journalist?

Me: no, I wish to work with a telecommunication company because i have a little experience

V.o: when did you finish your high school

Me: 2006

V.o: what have u been doing since then

Me: 2007 I started my national diploma till 2009 where I studied mass communication, 2010 I did a 1 year internship at radio Lagos, 2011 I traveled out of the country for a 2 year associate degree in north Cyprus..

V.o: cuts in.. Who's paying?

Me: my dad

V.0: what does he do

Me: he owns an advertising nd pr firm, he's the CEO of xxxx limited

V.o: okay, your visa has been granted, pick up your visa at this address, circled it nd gave me back my i20 nd sevis fee payment

Me: okay sir, thank you nd do have a nice day na that time I open teeth small since morning o

Vshocked: have a nice day too

No document was asked, unexpected questions... I just thank God, I was denied by the guy beside him June ending, the same guy was busy denying today, he did not approve anybody till I left nd the guy beside him on the left was busy doing Independence Day for people by approving anyhow.. The same question he asked me, he used in destabilizing me, he asked one lady today, I just laff for my mind, this one no go get visa, immediately he asked the girl got distabilized! Pls nd pls if you did not write SAT or gre! Nd you got interviewed by the bald guy, if he asks you how many school gave you admission? After you must have told him, he would bring out a school that he's sure they use SAT, how did you get admission without SAT nd that's the end.. So if you are in that position, just tell him lower schools than your school or tell him the school only uses sat for scholarship purpose ! It's not a compulsory document! With that you have killed him.. God that has done mine would not leave those going to get theirs soon too! Above all pray nd fast if possi le because my courage was not 100%.. It was just God!

Congrat bro and enjoy your stay in Obamaland

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
House, someone asked me this question and i need you people in the house to assist me and put the person through because i told her my own opinion and she want more opinion....

"Please what's the best way to create home ties with this situation''..

My uncle is my sponsor, and he owns the company that would be sponsoring my Master's programme, I would like to work with his firm upon the completion of my Degree Programme though I currently work in another company , and they are ready to grant me study leave, stating I would be the head of a unit in the company upon the completion of my Program as well ....

I don't know if I should tell the V.O that I would be working with my Uncle(sponsor) or the firm I currently work with after leaving the United States... Please which creates better home ties?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
Idazbawz: Journey mercies to my wife n namesake, Zeezahbee....
We await your travel experience mah!
Enjoy....

Congrats to err one dat got their visa approved.. may the rate good of success stories increase, insha Allah...

Too bad you didnt invite me to una wedding... There is God oooo grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by STENON(f): 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
Congrats to those that got their visas approved.......I wish you a Greater Accomplishmnt in Obamaland...........

To those that did'nt, Put in ur best for the next one, and surely, Testimony shall be yours by HIS Grace........

Pls ....Dnt forgt ur younger ones on this forum

#One. Love#

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
Graviton2:

Walspring, how you dey, bro?

I dey on a low key and gentle for here...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by STENON(f): 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
@Mr Imperiouxxx.....It has been long we saw you last on this forum....I hope all is going well and good sir?...Greetings to your wife
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
Walspring:

I dey on a low key and gentle for here...

You don ready to take the embassy by storm nau. My eyes dey open for your positive testimony.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
Walspring: House, someone asked me this question and i need you people in the house to assist me and put the person through because i told her my own opinion and she want more opinion....

My uncle is my sponsor, and he owns the company that would be sponsoring my Master's programme, I would like to work with his firm upon the completion of my Degree Programme though I currently work in another company , and they are ready to grant me study leave, stating I would be the head of a unit in the company upon the completion of my Program as well ....

I don't know if I should tell the V.O that I would be working with my Uncle(sponsor) or the firm I currently work with after leaving the United States... Please which creates better home ties?

Definitely, the company he works for at the moment is a better home tie if they have a notarized letter stating that he will be retained and even promoted upon return after studies.. He can also verbally state that even if the company do not honour their promise on the long run, an offer in his uncles company is open to him any day any time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
Graviton2:

You don ready to take the embassy by storm nau. My eyes dey open for your positive testimony.

Nah weytin i dey work on be that my brother....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaadx(m): 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
hey! I hail gurus in da houx, am a visa candid to. I ought to be interviewed today but i reshedule my appointment unfortunately the available date is augt 4 but i gonna school gonna resume aug 18th, i reshedule cos i haven't got my toefl original copy. I was told print out not accept is it true ? And can i ask 4 emergency date? What do you all think? Despirately need ya advice all. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
jaadx: hey! I hail gurus in da houx, am a visa candid to. I ought to be interviewed today but i reshedule my appointment unfortunately the available date is augt 4 but i gonna school gonna resume aug 18th, i reshedule cos i haven't got my toefl original copy. I was told print out not accept is it true ? And can i ask 4 emergency date? What do you all think? Despirately need ya advice all. Thanks

You can use online printed out copy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
Walspring: House, someone asked me this question and i need you people in the house to assist me and put the person through because i told her my own opinion and she want more opinion....

Hasn't anyone ever told your friend that fishing with dynamite is dangerous? cheesy In as much as you want to work in your uncle's company, VO would not believe you. They do not like to hear that. So please stick to your current company, get the study leave and promotion. You're in for the visa, because of strong home ties. Not only that, it also makes more sense. Which school is your friend heading to? Hope not a community college.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by fadinus(m): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
Graviton2:

Adim mma oh! You just go AWOL.

Na preparations cos am bro, hope u don book flight
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
jaadx: hey! I hail gurus in da houx, am a visa candid to. I ought to be interviewed today but i reshedule my appointment unfortunately the available date is augt 4 but i gonna school gonna resume aug 18th, i reshedule cos i haven't got my toefl original copy. I was told print out not accept is it true ? And can i ask 4 emergency date? What do you all think? Despirately need ya advice all. Thanks
Brother, print out is also acceptable if the result is real. Explain to the VO, he or she would understand. In other words, he may want to check and verify your result online and that clears everything wink You can also request for expedited appointment if you haven't been denied lately. Good luck dude!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
honeyad: Pls house.. Can you be given a pickup office different from the one you selected on the appointment page ?

Graviton2, slimmy, fexo nd co.. Anyone got answer for this? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
Walspring:

Nah weytin i dey work on be that my brother....

God will satisfy your desire, my brother. God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
@honeyad, no. What happened?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaadx(m): 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
Walspring:

You can use online printed out copy
thanks bro, but a frend of mine use dat last year after he was questioned finally he was asked about the test he took, he said toefl and he render the result sent to his email but the VO asked of the orginal he try to convince him, but the VO insistd and said print out cn be easily be edit. So this what get me confusin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
honeyad:

Graviton2, slimmy, fexo nd co.. Anyone got answer for this? Thanks

Yes, you can change the pickup location since you had your interview in Lagos. Go to the site given to you for tracking your international passport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
Joenice: @honeyad, no. What happened?

He can change the pickup location since he had his interview in Lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2014

Lag Embassy or Abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
Graviton2:

He used the word " be given" so i got confused. cheesy That's quite different you know? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
fadinus:

Na preparations cos am bro, hope u don book flight

No, flight booking is the last thing on my plate. Na research, networking and shopping first for now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
@Honeyad, are you going for graduate or undergraduate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Joenice: @honeyad, no. What happened?

Selected isolo dhl office.. The guy circled VI
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
domex007: @Honeyad, are you going for graduate or undergraduate?

Undergraduates sir.. Although I'm transferring courses sha..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
Graviton2:

How can I do that ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.