Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454665 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
stevecrun: Moreover,nobody billed me when i seek advice when i first came here..
Gre8ever,Amefrica,Gravitonv20,and Walspring..all these men showed me the way esp.Walspring.

So,my gratitude to them is to go get my visa and show to them.Am also,giving back to the thread what ive learnt in the past few months.
You def will get it! cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
Graviton2:

Seun has given me a new username oh!cheesy Lol
Congrats on your new handle! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
Amefrica: Congrats on your new handle! grin

I know say na your plan be this! angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
Stewee:

Thanks Graviton2!!!!
God Bless You and the good work you do here.

....im still tryna piece my transcript together. my head is still in #RejoiceMode. My interview was short and seamless.
Congrats sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
Juntod, thanks for the Toefl center, and your comment on those looking to be spoon-fed.

Graviton, orientation starts on 18th, but I want to spend a few days in NY first.

Calmdown, that is my flight as well!! How do we hook up now? BBM or whatsapp?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 8:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
Mjseun:

Okay friend thank you. But I need to state at this point that my i20 came from my school stapled. Should I remove the pin or just go with it like that? Why I'm asking all these questions is that I saw in the instruction after booking my appointment that one should not come into the interview premises with any sharp metallic stuffs.

Thanks for your response.
you may leave it since it came from the school like that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
Graviton2:

I know say na your plan be this! angry
LOL! No vex oo grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
juntod:

I will be very blunt with you. If you like hate me. The fact that this forum is set out to help doesn't mean you come here and ask questions without doing your own research. Your concern borders on virtually every process of WES which clearly indicates that you have not even bothered to do any research on your own. You even went as far as asking about their charges? Go and visit www.wes.org you will find everything you need there. If you find any confusing area, feel free to come back and ask. So many people won't survive foreign education system if we continue to spoon feed here.

+1 for you! This post deserves an Oscar. I mean, it's annoying; people just come here without prior findings. Anyways, thanks for helping him/her with their website address.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
Feexo:
Graviton, orientation starts on 18th, but I want to spend a few days in NY first.

You have a place to chill in NY?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
jaadx:
thanks. This my first interview and i dont wanna give room for denial dat y i want everythin intact
You're welcome. Every case is different. I've advised you. Again explain to the Visa Officer and you will be fine. But if you can't explain properly because of fear, you can opt out. Where are you heading to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
Juntod, ive said it countless times about spoonfeeding, thats why they cant defend theirselves during interview. Too lazy to use google.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Amefrica: LOL! No vex oo grin grin

*Picks up a big stick*

You dey make fun of me abi? Wait for me!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
juntod:

I will be very blunt with you. If you like hate me. The fact that this forum is set out to help doesn't mean you come here and ask questions without doing your own research. Your concern borders on virtually every process of WES which clearly indicates that you have not even bothered to do any research on your own. You even went as far as asking about their charges? Go and visit www.wes.org you will find everything you need there. If you find any confusing area, feel free to come back and ask. So many people won't survive foreign education system if we continue to spoon feed here.
What some people don't know is once they leave their home country, they're already on their own.
"Only the strong survive according to Wyclef" cheesy Even Americans leave their country too for elsewhere. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
Fadekemi am still with you. Just read up interview transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
Graviton2:

*Picks up a big stick*

You dey make fun of me abi? Wait for me!
I no reach oo. grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 9:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
Graviton2:
You have a place to chill in NY?

Absolutely!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
Amefrica: I no reach oo. grin cheesy

Lol. I laugh today sotey I cry. That thread Seun opened eh!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by fadinus(m): 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
Graviton2:

Bro, my whatsapp has lost functionality. I can't see messages.

Will call ya
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
Feexo:

Absolutely!

Very cool, man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 9:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
u9052: Transcripts..

Me : Good morning

VO: Good morning, I see you're going to the USA for a masters programme at SIUE

Me: Yes ma

VO: so why SIUE?

Me: Well basically because after extensive research and search on the Internet I discovered that SIUE stands out in her Geographical studies especially the Geographical Information System programme which I intend to specialize on so as to acquire skills that will help me in trying to solve some of Nigeria's environmental challenges especially in the Niger-Delta where I'm from.

VO: Ok (starts typing on the internet)

VO: what course did you study as your first degree?

ME: Geography and Regional Planning

VO: what university?

ME: University of Benin

VO: where?

ME: here in Nigeria, Benin city, Edo state

VO: do you have your academic results here?

Me: yea sure (hands over transcripts to her)

VO: I see from your I-20 you got a Graduate Assistantship position

ME: yes I did

VO: did you write any specialized test?

Me: yes I wrote Test Of English Language as a Foreign Language

Vo: how much does your GA cover?

ME: it's a full tuition waver, covers my tuition fees

VO: what does your parents do?

ME: my parents are civil servants, but they aren't sponsoring my trip to the US. My uncle is: he works at National Content Management and Development Board which is a subsidiary of NNPC

VO: ok, you can get on visa on Thursday at this address and there's this orientation coming up soon, make sure you attend, information is contained on this handbill and you will need your I-20 to get your visa, so here you go

ME: ok, thank you. Have a nice day

CONGRATS BRO.. OBAMALAND CALLING

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by calmdown: 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
Feexo: Juntod, thanks for the Toefl center, and your comment on those looking to be spoon-fed.

Calmdown, that is my flight as well!! How do we hook up now? BBM or whatsapp?

I will send you a private message right away... Just check your inbox and reply ASAP.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
@Ashigolo and Feexo, Got the email confirmation yet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
Glory to God in the highest..
I just received an email from my school containing the tracking number of my i-20 and they also sent me the scanned copy of the i-20..
Now I can go pay my visa fee and finish filling my ds160..
I just hope I can still get available dated for july in Lagos..
So happy.. Thank God

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dimmy08: 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hello house, please I need a good explanation on the difference between MBA and Msc, and what strong point can I tell the VO why I want to have another Msc degree in Management since I already have MBA in management. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
honeyad: I've been a little bit busy, I believe God did it Cos the guy beside me told me he was denied by him last time

Me: good morning sir

V.o: good morning( he smiled a bit)

Me: how was your night

V.o: fine nd yours

Me: good

V.o: you going to the United States to study

Me: yes

V.o: communication right ?

Me: yes

V.o: what are the courses you took to be a communication student?

Mesadsurprised) I said pardon? Cos i didnt expect that kind of questions He repeated nd I said commerce, accounting, English, maths

V.o: cuts in, how did you get your admission..what did you send

Me:transcripts, immunization card,

V.o: cuts in, okay how did you know about the school

Me: I saw an article written by one of the professors in my department(jonzing)

V.o: quickly cuts in before I finish downloading.. Where did you see the article

Me: me wey no see article.. i jus quickly compose my sef, my heart dey beat fast..American online publisher(jonzing)

V.0: why the school?

Me: the school dedicates itself towards academic vitality which has ranked them top 100 school in the southern region

V.o: cuts in.. How did you know the school is good enough for you(didn't remember how he used the English but something like that)

Me: the school has a southeastern channel which has won over 4 Telly awards In the southern region, they have a lion's roar news paper which is been handled by the student of my department, I didn't remember the name of the radio station due to tension so I formed one( Southern radio) the school has a southern radio which also been handled by the students of my department.. I would have time to be versatile across different aspect of communication ranging from journalism to tv production, to radio production etc

V.o: cuts in, so you want to be a journalist?

Me: no, I wish to work with a telecommunication company because i have a little experience

V.o: when did you finish your high school

Me: 2006

V.o: what have u been doing since then

Me: 2007 I started my national diploma till 2009 where I studied mass communication, 2010 I did a 1 year internship at radio Lagos, 2011 I traveled out of the country for a 2 year associate degree in north Cyprus..

V.o: cuts in.. Who's paying?

Me: my dad

V.0: what does he do

Me: he owns an advertising nd pr firm, he's the CEO of xxxx limited

V.o: okay, your visa has been granted, pick up your visa at this address, circled it nd gave me back my i20 nd sevis fee payment

Me: okay sir, thank you nd do have a nice day na that time I open teeth small since morning o

Vshocked: have a nice day too

No document was asked, unexpected questions... I just thank God, I was denied by the guy beside him June ending, the same guy was busy denying today, he did not approve anybody till I left nd the guy beside him on the left was busy doing Independence Day for people by approving anyhow.. The same question he asked me, he used in destabilizing me, he asked one lady today, I just laff for my mind, this one no go get visa, immediately he asked the girl got distabilized! Pls nd pls if you did not write SAT or gre! Nd you got interviewed by the bald guy, if he asks you how many school gave you admission? After you must have told him, he would bring out a school that he's sure they use SAT, how did you get admission without SAT nd that's the end.. So if you are in that position, just tell him lower schools than your school or tell him the school only uses sat for scholarship purpose ! It's not a compulsory document! With that you have killed him.. God that has done mine would not leave those going to get theirs soon too! Above all pray nd fast if possi le because my courage was not 100%.. It was just God!

I heard your convo with the VO cos I was sitting right behind you...

First lemme say that I was very impressed with you answers and consistency(That same VO denied me on May 13 and I was shocked he was doing father Christmas today)
You maintained composure all through even when I knew you heart wanted to explode.

Great Job bro...im even still shocked you can remember your transcript(im tempted to think you an the VO rehearsed it #Justking)

My visa was also approved by the young VO looking like a banker

CONGRATULATION Mr Radio LOL

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
domex007: Glory to God in the highest..
I just received an email from my school containing the tracking number of my i-20 and they also sent me the scanned copy of the i-20..
Now I can go pay my visa fee and finish filling my ds160..
I just hope I can still get available dated for july in Lagos..
So happy.. Thank God

I love good news.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by diamondsare4eva: 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
Stewee, were you denied on the 13th of may. Before you got it this time around
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 10:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
dimmy08: Hello house, please I need a good explanation on the difference between MBA and Msc, and what strong point can I tell the VO why I want to have another Msc degree in Management since I already have MBA in management. Thanks

you have no point of showing VO that degree oooo...go with ur Bsc and maintain good point on it...relate it with your job wella then u are home and dry..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 10:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
McKinzie: @Ashigolo and Feexo, Got the email confirmation yet?
yea bro, I'll be picking up my passport with visa tomorrow at DHL isolo. Thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
goldenchic: which soap u take bath go embassy? Congratulations my broda. I tap into your short interview.

God did it oooo...LOL
Thank you my Dear
Waste no time at all in tapping!!! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
Stewee:

I heard your convo with the VO cos I was sitting right behind you...

First lemme say that I was very impressed with you answers and consistency(That same VO denied me on May 13 and I was shocked he was doing father Christmas today)
You maintained composure all through even when I knew you heart wanted to explode.

Great Job bro...im even still shocked you can remember your transcript(im tempted to think you an the VO rehearsed it #Justking)

My visa was also approved by the young VO looking like a banker

CONGRATULATION Mr Radio LOL

Lol.. Thanks bro.. Congrats to u too.. Not sure of your face tho cos I probably had my interview before u, d guy that was beside me told me the same guy denied him the last time before my number flashed on his cubicle so that got me panicking a bit! Enjoy your stay in obamaland boss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
diamondsare4eva: Stewee, were you denied on the 13th of may. Before you got it this time around

Yep!
The VO even mentioned it.
...In fact lemme fix my transcript.

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.