Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,964 members, 7,956,616 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (461243 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
just got to oklaahoma..on my way 2 my school

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
repsin: Sat for my GRE today. Had 160 verbal and 161 quantitative. Guys hope I'm good to go
lovely score
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2014
dahfweshdude69: just got to oklaahoma..on my way 2 my school

Which school are you going to? Please I wanna ask about some info about my school..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by hayour00: 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
Mystiqme:
Getting an apartment in New York is crazy. If I may ask, how are you searching?

Have been trying to use an agent but their charges are quite outrageous.. Someone told me about Craigslist, i checked and called few landlords but they were asking for proof of income, credit check and the likes..Tried to explain to them that I'm just a grad student that works in school but i guess they weren't willing to take the chances because of their monthly mortgage payment. I'm convinced it shouldn't be this difficult in other states.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
bartino: boss thanks i appreciate with more than a thousand words.

you welcome bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
domex007:

Which school are you going to? Please I wanna ask about some info about my school..
cameron university in lawton
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
rosybabyy: @idazbawz and others pls, why would the consulars frown at it? I am working in a reputable company, well paid and I don't intend running away
its simple... just pray... I'm only saying cos I've never seen a US visa granted based on a training invitation....

Just do your assignment well, n work on strong home ties...
Like someone suggested; an engagement ring will be okay..

Success!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 7:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 7:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
JabinodelaRatta: @danjaNinja...u did a great job @ ur analysis for d gre prep. It's well analysed for beginners. Kip it up.

Thanks bro. I believe there's love in sharing. Couldn't keep all that info 2 myself. I wish someone had told me all that before i took the exams. smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bartino: 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
DanjaNinja:

you welcome bro.
please when did you take Ur test?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
Idazbawz: its simple... just pray... I'm only saying cos I've never seen a US visa granted based on a training invitation....

Just do your assignment well, n work on strong home ties...
Like someone suggested; an engagement ring will be okay..

Success!
How old is she? Really, if the VO focuses on that and she's not engaged. She's in trouble! It might spell doom to her application. But if she can defend it properly, i don't think she will have problems whatsoever. @rosybabyy, please be careful.

In addition, you're going for training, right? Your company should be sponsoring you, if not, your chances of getting the visa is blink. The probability is less than 0.5. However, you should go for student visa, if you're not willing to return to Nigeria soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:49pm On Jul 28, 2014
Joenice: How old is she? Really, if the VO focuses on that and she's not engaged. She's in trouble! It might spell doom to her application. But if she can defend it properly, i don't think she will have problems whatsoever. @rosybabyy, please be careful.

Personally, I think you advice is uncalled for. You are only making her scared unnecessarily. How will be VO know she is not engaged? Apart from wearing a ring, is there now an official paper work to prove engagement? If they don't doubt men, why will they doubt a working class lady who has a ring to show?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
hayour00:

Have been trying to use an agent but their charges are quite outrageous.. Someone told me about Craigslist, i checked and called few landlords but they were asking for proof of income, credit check and the likes..Tried to explain to them that I'm just a grad student that works in school but i guess they weren't willing to take the chances because of their monthly mortgage payment. I'm convinced it shouldn't be this difficult in other states.

It same everywhere bro. Was if even of the opinion of getting an apartment here in Naija before coming over but all the stuffs mentioned in your post above were required so I backed out will get my apartment when I get to my City.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nicklutz(m): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2014
DanjaNinja: My GRE Experience: Lessons Learnt.

Nice work,really nice of you...God bless you..am a newbie and your post was very helpful...about the school search that would be great if you can include it.... 1luv
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
juntod:

Personally, I think you advice is uncalled for. You are only making her scared unnecessarily. How will be VO know she is not engaged? Apart from wearing a ring, is there now an official paper work to prove engagement? If they don't doubt men, why will they doubt a working class lady who has a ring to show?
Hahaha, man, these guys are well-trained. They are much more smarter than you. They've been into this job for a while. She's engaged, right? There are lots of questions any VO would ask so as to know if she's truly engaged and I don't want to ask now. These questions can throw her off balance. Read my modified comment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
Joenice: Hahaha, man, these guys are well-trained. They are much more smarter than you. They've been into this job for a while. She's engaged, right? There are lots of questions any VO would ask so as to know if she's truly engaged and I don't want to ask now. These questions can throw her off balance. Read my modified comment.
There is no need over-stretching unnecessary issues. What is the meaning of well trained and why would you say they are smarter than him? Are you saying they are smarter than you as well?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2014
slimmy05: There is no need over-stretching unnecessary issues. What is the meaning of well trained and why would you say they are smarter than him? Are you saying they are smarter than you as well?
For visa interview, they are truly smarter than me, because it's their job. But when they come to my area of specialty is a different ball game grin

Please let's stop this discussion here, okay?

Slimmy, how are you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
Joenice: For visa interview, they are truly smarter than me, because it's their job. But when they come to my area of specialty is a different ball game grin

Please let's stop this discussion here, okay?

Slimmy, how are you?
Great and you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
Joenice: Hahaha, man, these guys are well-trained. They are much more smarter than you. They've been into this job for a while. She's engaged, right? There are lots of questions any VO would ask so as to know if she's truly engaged and I don't want to ask now. These questions can throw her off balance. Read my modified comment.

Smarter than me? What is your basis of judgement? Your self esteem must really be very low. Work on it please. You sound as if they can tell what you ate for breakfast by merely looking at your face. You already see them as mini gods. That aint right bro. They are humans trained by humans.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2014
Walspring:

Hmmmmm... Is that not Agbo Jedi stick

Agbo jedi what?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2014
Joenice: Don't agonize over this. Just declare them and you would be fine. Are you a chain smoker?

...No! I'm serial killer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
juntod:

Smarter than me? What is your basis of judgement? Your self esteem must really be very low. Work on it please. You sound as if they can tell what you ate for breakfast by merely looking at your face. You already see them as mini gods. That aint right bro. They are humans trained by humans.
No brother smiley I am talking about visa interview and I said they're smarter than me. But in another aspect of life, they are not. I am not a dummy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
Stewee:

...No! I'm serial killer
Hahahaha, then there's fire on the mountain cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bad boy in the house wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
slimmy05: Great and you?
just so so. money refuses to come for some couple of days now. U know i love money? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2014
Joenice: just so so. money refuses to come for some couple of days now. U know i love money? cheesy
It happens
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
slimmy05: It happens
yeah right. well, what we discuss here is part of life. i don't intend to annoy anyone. so if there's anyone unhappy with me, i am truly sorry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 9:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
Guys how does international airlines charge for excess luggage or some items asked to be discarded?
I had an experience with Aero today.I had free 20kg but my 2 luggages weighed 51.5kg so I paid for the excess.
Emirates gave me two free luggages, 23kg each which means am still having excess.
Pls what is the best way to approach this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
bartino: please when did you take Ur test?

July 19th @ Jeptha, P.H City...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
Nicklutz: Nice work,really nice of you...God bless you..am a newbie and your post was very helpful...about the school search that would be great if you can include it.... 1luv

You welcome bro....would do the school search post..it might take a while though cos i've got alot going on @ the moment....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2014
Genesis...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rubywoo(f): 9:46pm On Jul 28, 2014
suxes2005:

Cancel the old appointment.

Schedule new one.

The fast date will display automatically.

Thanks a lot for your input.but when I want to cancel its showing me the next available date as being in september.do i still go ahead and cancel my date.Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.