Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454745 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
Dear Applicant,

The U.S. Department of State is currently experiencing technical problems with its visa system which are affecting operations globally. This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country or visa category. We recognize and deeply regret the inconvenience to travelers. We will return your passport with visa as soon as we are able to complete processing, but are currently unable to predict how long the delay will be.

If you would like your passport returned to you without the U.S. visa, please contact the call center at 014406295 or by email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com with your name and passport number, and we will return it to you. You can later contact 01-4406295 for information on how to return your passport to the Embassy/Consulate for the visa.

If you have an urgent need to travel to the United States, please contact LagosNIV@state.gov with your name, passport number, and nature of your emergency. Please understand that only true emergencies of an extraordinary humanitarian nature can be considered for exceptional handling.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter and apologize for any inconvenience...

This is sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2014
Mjseun: Dear Applicant,

The U.S. Department of State is currently experiencing technical problems with its visa system which are affecting operations globally. This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country or visa category. We recognize and deeply regret the inconvenience to travelers. We will return your passport with visa as soon as we are able to complete processing, but are currently unable to predict how long the delay will be.

If you would like your passport returned to you without the U.S. visa, please contact the call center at 014406295 or by email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com with your name and passport number, and we will return it to you. You can later contact 01-4406295 for information on how to return your passport to the Embassy/Consulate for the visa.

If you have an urgent need to travel to the United States, please contact LagosNIV@state.gov with your name, passport number, and nature of your emergency. Please understand that only true emergencies of an extraordinary humanitarian nature can be considered for exceptional handling.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter and apologize for any inconvenience...

This is sad
you got the same message?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
Stewee:

This is crazy.
Why would they decline?

Beats me. They told her "No" that if she isn't there by fall this year they will cancel her i-20 and report her to immigration.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2014
Imperiouxx, OjaP and Bigfrancis, please you have all got PMs. Do respond, Sirs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

Beats me. They told her "No" that if she isn't there by fall this year they will cancel her i-20 and report her to immigration.
Someone who refused to give out the name of her school? wink

Others come with problems here, were so open and finally got helped and would be leaving for their studies soon without problems. smiley
They're already a role model for her to follow. My brother, if you've never been out of Nigeria, you may never understand. No one is above problems, even me as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
i aff dash it out 2 unu oga tongue
aekmanweb: am a staff of dat coy, I'll have ticket canceled.......lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2: Imperiouxx, OjaP and Bigfrancis, please you have all got PMs. Do respond, Sirs.
cheesy lol. Tell her to report to the school. When she knows she was interested in a CC school, why didn't she play her cards well.

Well this one you're all out for her... smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
domex007:

No don't cancel your initial date. Thought the embassy approved your emergency appointment?
nearer dates will only appear after she cancel her previous appointment....
She needs to cancel it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
Joenice: Someone who refused to give out the name of her school? wink

Others come with problems here, were so open and finally got helped and would be leaving for their studies soon without problems. smiley
They're already a role model for her to follow. My brother, if you've never been out of Nigeria, you may never understand. No one is above problems, even me as well.

It's fine if you don't want to give advice on the issue. Let others do so.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
slimmy05: cheesy lol. Tell her to report to the school. When she knows she was interested in a CC school, why didn't she play her cards well.

She doesn't want to attend a CC, she just wants a deferment.

She is a friend and I'm facing the same predicament.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

You She has to go to the old school, pay her tuition at least for this fall, then transfer her credits and SEVIS info to the new school by Spring. This is the only way out if the old school has unleashed immigration threats.

#My2Kobo#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 1:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nobody says dey must sponsor u ma. PM send it.
rosybabyy: @stewee, thanks for the encouraging response; I stated my status in in my earlier post if u check well. My company only sponsor those already in the department. I don't see anything wrong with a hardworking lady trying to improve herself I have seven years experience, I have and I have saved enough to run this programm. God should let his will be done in my life smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
Amerinancy: you got the same message?

Yes I did.... I'm just tired right now. only God knows when it will be resolved. I suspected something will happen right from the day of interview. Their system didn't come up until some minutes to 8 am that day.

Anyway it is well. Please any way forward?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
slimmy05: cheesy lol. Tell her to report to the school. When she knows she was interested in a CC school, why didn't she play her cards well.

My only fear is that if she allows the university to cancel her I-20 and report to Homeland Department afterwards, it's definitely sayonara for her.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
juntod:

You She has to go to the old school, pay her tuition at least for this fall, then transfer her credits and SEVIS info to the new school by Spring. This is the only way out if the old school has unleashed immigration threats.

#My2Kobo#

I see. You are missing the cream of the issue — this whole thing stemmed from her inability to meet the payment deadline.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

I know you always advocate for the truth at all time. But this is the result (disappointment). If she had met me on time to advise her on a sweet Lamba to tell the old school, things would have gone smoothly.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
Rijo02:
cc femoric9:
I don't think calling your brother ur dad is a good idea. I recall it was only my parents information(DOB included) dat was requested I fill in my ds 160 and putting your brothers name might hold him down; if not now, later.
Let him beef up his account a bit and you get ready to tell the VO he wants to pay ur dad back cos he trained him.
I want with my brother's statement and the VO asked for it though favorably cos my assistantship covered me.
Plan well n you will be fine.

beef up? e nor easy like dat o. Ur bro and ur pop can be name sake bra...more ova wu say make u put him real age? (just saying) beef up d age on ur ds160 dem no go ask 4 deir birth certs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
juntod:

I know you always advocate for the truth at all time. But this is the result (disappointment). If she had met me on time to advise her on a sweet Lamba to tell the old school, things would have gone smoothly.

Honesty is a virtue. She is not regretting her decision to say the truth, she is asking for a way out (I would like to know too)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
juntod:

Man, is this person not you? cheesy Be honest and save your future. Juntod, sorry for misquoting you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

Honesty is a virtue.

To what end?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
juntod:

To what end?

Graviton2:

Honesty is a virtue. She is not regretting her decision to say the truth, she is asking for a way out (I would like to know too)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

Alright. Stay strong. Best still not all school accept defferment. They suspect fowl play.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
domex007:

@Idawbraz pls we need your assistance..
chai!!! Shey we dey fight nih? See as you scatter my name... its IDAZBAWZ cheesy ....
Well, I already pm'ed her...

She needs to cancel her initial date before earlier dates can appear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
slimmy05: Alright. Stay strong. Best still not all school accept defferment. They suspect fowl play.

Okay. What she wants to know is: Will cancellation of her i-20 stop her from entering into the US with her visa and another school i-20 next year, she is trying to get a full scholarship from another school?

She is still in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

Hahahaha. No man, I really wanna help but it seems like you've messed up everything now. Joenice would have turned to Joebad cheesy when i begin to speak with them. (sweet talk them) cheesy Let her not cause trouble for other Nigerians coming. This kind of problem was why the UK are requesting for an advance payment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
Graviton2:

I see. You are missing the cream of the issue — this whole thing stemmed from her inability to meet the payment deadline.
I am very sure she is aware of her inability to pay the tution all the while. She should opt for installment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by justwise(m): 2:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Greetings! We're experiencing technical difficulties, and printing for most people has been delayed. We're trying very hard to get back online. As soon as we are, I'll post a message here letting people know their visas will be ready for pick-up soon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2014

This is sad
got the same too very sad. Its well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rastaforce: 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2014

This is sad

I got this same message, I hope I get my passport before 16th o cos that is when I will be travelling.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
slimmy05: I am very sure she is aware of her inability to pay the tution all the while. She should opt for installment.

She had the money at the time, but something happened and her family used the money. The school is not okay with instamental payments.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
I aff die. De geh de fear Lamba and she says am not eligible to give her d ring and my f2 sad

juntod:

Personally, I think you advice is uncalled for. You are only making her scared unnecessarily. How will be VO know she is not engaged? Apart from wearing a ring, is there now an official paper work to prove engagement? If they don't doubt men, why will they doubt a working class lady who has a ring to show?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
Justwise,

Could you please post a link to the VO's thread. It is needed. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.