Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455014 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teddyrain(m): 10:28am On Aug 22, 2014
I'm beginning to understand some schools contact the embassy to issue visa to their incoming students once they have the requirements. Especially few private universities in US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by saisbury10: 11:14am On Aug 22, 2014
teddyrain: I'm beginning to understand some schools contact the embassy to issue visa to their incoming students once they have the requirements. Especially few private universities in US

How and why? Sorry which of t does that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 22, 2014
Shammak: how yÓur side bro... I can't see yÓu on my bbm contact list again

I changed my phone nii bro. Hope you good??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 22, 2014
teddyrain: I'm beginning to understand some schools contact the embassy to issue visa to their incoming students once they have the requirements. Especially few private universities in US

This is hilarious! grin Not true at all...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 22, 2014
you trying to raise few people's hopes here..LoL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tekecoms1(m): 11:57am On Aug 22, 2014
ebdib:

Wes icap permanently stores your details for future use.
It's expensive however
Wes verification can be a frustrating experience if you dont start early and as far from your admission deadline as possible

Check the faq of wes regarding polytechnic verification
Please sir I need or assistance ooooo.
WES translation is 4.0 overall and the overall CGPA of the polytechnic I schooled is 4.0. I have 2.56 as cgpa and my fear is hope I stand a chance of been boosted above what I currently have as a cgpa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teddyrain(m): 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
[/quote][quote author=Amefrica]

This is hilarious! grin Not true at all...
bro I have enough prove to that at least I know some schools that do that. I'm damn serious smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teddyrain(m): 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
stevecrun: you trying to raise few people's hopes here..LoL
I know what I'm saying bro I'm too sure. Maybe its a new development.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teddyrain(m): 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
saisbury10:

How and why? Sorry which of t does that?
I know for UG, don't know about MSC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Shammak(m): 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
Amefrica:

I changed my phone nii bro. Hope you good??
Broda, I'm good o
Wetin dey sup for that side
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
teddyrain: bro I have enough prove to that at least I know some schools that do that. I'm damn serious smiley

LOL! You gotta be joking.. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
Shammak:
Broda, I'm good o
Wetin dey sup for that side

This side bam, baba mi. How your end?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teddyrain(m): 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
Amefrica:

LOL! You gotta be joking.. cheesy
if you think so then, no problem. cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
teddyrain: if you think so then, no problem. cool

I know so, bro. wink How your preps?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ebjay: 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
Walspring:

Thanks Walspring. Got in touch with Bigfancis
Pm Bigfrancis that is school if i am not wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Shammak(m): 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
Amefrica:

This side bam, baba mi. How your end?
We dey try rock am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hello my people, please I need a way out of this. I was at the social security office yesterday to apply for my SSN, but to my greatest suprise, the man said he got it from his computer that its not going to be ready until after 46 weeks due to a discrepancy in my date of birth. we were both shocked because he checked all my documents and saw that my d.o.b is the same and correct in all. He advised me to visit the immigration office which I did, but they got no information on me at all. I am so confused because I need to write my SSN on the documents I'm to submit to my school's HR because my TA job starts next month.

Please what could be the possible cause of this and the way out. Thank you in advance for your suggestion.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MacMaster01(m): 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
RexNdubest: Gurus, my I-20 is stapled, should I remove the pin?

Bro how can I contact u.. need to find out one or 2 things, expecting ur reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teddyrain(m): 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
[center][/center]
Amefrica:

I know so, bro. wink How your preps?
all good. Pray 4 us to get our visa cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
imperiouxx: Hey Bigfrancis,

It just crossed my mind now, where is Ricky Rosy?

Rozay the boss! He's fine. He's in Minnesota right now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
bigfrancis21:

They are less receptive of non-indians and instead stick to only their kind.
Doldrums! Attach no importance to that. Most Indians are just like that but when they see you as someone who is very smart, versatile and can bring changes to their lives, they will be forced to come to you for friendship. smiley And doing so, you would be the one to decide if they are okay to be your friend or not. In reality, I think some of these guys suffer from inferiority complex. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 1:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
@Bigfrancis21 and all, please help attend to my post
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hello house! I been following all your post and I must commend your efforts in enlightening the people as per what to expect. I was denied student visa twice 2008 when applying for undergraduate but now I'm a fresh graduate from Malaysia and currently doing my NYSC in naija. I dey plan to apply for masters in US next year after my nysc. Does it matter that I have a 2:2 or should I just focus on my GRE and stuff and worry less about my 2:2. Abeg house. What is my chances of getting the visa this time around cuz I really want to have some US education in my CV. Any response will be appreciated. I need advise Like right now. Thanks y'all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
wiseman2392: Gud day all, I sent a message to the house and I couldn't get the reply quite alright. Pls my request is DOES ANYONE KNOW SOME SCHOOLS WITH FUNDING FOR MASTERS IN CHEMISTRY ?. Pls help me I have been trying to do this myself, but I couldn't get through. Pls help me out!!!
Check the University of Kansas, Lawrence
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ashigolo: Hello my people, please I need a way out of this. I was at the social security office yesterday to apply for my SSN, but to my greatest suprise, the man said he got it from his computer that its not going to be ready until after 46 weeks due to a discrepancy in my date of birth. we were both shocked because he checked all my documents and saw that my d.o.b is the same and correct in all. He advised me to visit the immigration office which I did, but they got no information on me at all. I am so confused because I need to write my SSN on the documents I'm to submit to my school's HR because my TA job starts next month.

Please what could be the possible cause of this and the way out. Thank you in advance for your suggestion.
Inform your school and department about the development first. 46weeks ke? That's stupid and incompetent of them. That's a year plus!!! Maybe someone with your exact names is in America or the guy you talked to at the SSN office doesn't know his job. I haven't heard about this kind of case before so I don't even know how to proffer solution.

All you can do now is inform the school and probably the SSN office will review your case. From my understanding, the SSN office does not have any prior third of you, do they? It's the passport and I-20 you showed that that they can only get your true DOB from. So where is the error coming from?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
Omg! Why am I having dis feeling dat I'm d only one travelling on 28th August??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
Idazbawz: Omg! Why am I having dis feeling dat I'm d only one travelling on 28th August??
I don't think so bro..you can carry a placard to the airport on the day of your departure.. written on the placard should be LONELY TRAVELLER, WHO's HEADING TO MICHIGAN USA?

I bet you,you'll never be bored!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
MsNas:
Inform your school and department about the development first. 46weeks ke? That's stupid and incompetent of them. That's a year plus!!! Maybe someone with your exact names is in America or the guy you talked to at the SSN office doesn't know his job. I haven't heard about this kind of case before so I don't even know how to proffer solution.

All you can do now is inform the school and probably the SSN office will review your case. From my understanding, the SSN office does not have any prior third of you, do they? It's the passport and I-20 you showed that that they can only get your true DOB from. So where is the error coming from?
I've read cases online of people having cases like this,especially long first,middle and last names.The SSN worker there will have to send their names to the immigration central office in New York where it takes 8weeks for the immigration office to shorten the names to correspond with their other documents.

As suggested by you,he should let his school know that might help too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
stevecrun: I don't think so bro..you can carry a placard to the airport on the day of your departure.. written on the placard should be LONELY TRAVELLER, WHO's HEADING TO MICHIGAN USA?

I bet you,you'll never be bored!
hehehehe.. I'll do just dat...
Chop knuckle
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
Idazbawz: hehehehe.. I'll do just dat...
Chop knuckle
Lol.. 

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
wiseman2392: Imperioxx
Gud day, somebody told me u cud be of help to me. This is about; I need some schools offering chemistry as masters or PhD. I will appreciate it if u cud kindly help me solve this problem. Its not becos am lazy but am getting piss off of this. Kindly help me. Waiting for your response. Thanks

Check this link: http://www.gradschools.com/search-programs/chemistry-disciplines

Those schools there, mostly public ones will give you funding if you merit it.

Chemistry grad schools (MS and PhD) + funding is one of the cheapest thing you can ever find when searching for schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
MsNas:
I dey oo. Why are you still up sef?

ma be sita!

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.