Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,551 members, 7,955,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:28 PM

A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders (31027 Views)

Help! I Am Suffering From Depression / Thread For Those Suffering From Insomnia?... / Help/remedies For Those Suffering From Hyperhidrosis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Nobody: 1:56am On Nov 28, 2013
depressionkills:

You are welcome
I meant "Dont ever let anyone pressure you into having sex or share personal information you don't feel comfortable sharing"
ill try and do that..even though it looks like theres no reason to keep decency anymore but ill say with a smile, better late than never...
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 28, 2013
Good morning guys, start your day with this awesome inspirational video. Get in those awesome kicks and run a few blocks. Don't use the treadmill, because the idea is to observe the day dawning (I love doing this.)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=65uKK7ilE2w&sns=tw
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Tbken: 11:02am On Nov 28, 2013
Wow its good seeing the thread positively moving....its being long i come here...@depressionkillz you have a nice post to @krystalxxx....@big.game you are not a weakling feel free to xpress yourself here and @bettermike you have contributed xo much to the thread thankz buh dont post anything that will look lyk you're berating peoplez problem to avoid misunderstanding some people are not comfortable with that @phder thankz for the video...i didnt watch it buh it wil help the thread..@krysalxxx depressionkillz said it all..@depressionkillz dnt forget the thread wen you get to SA..hapi for u
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
@TBKEN. You're welcome. Please watch the video when you're chanced.

@Depressionkills. I was in South Africa for a Google event in March. Pretoria precisely, I love that country! I wish to visit again for pleasure this time around. cheesy

@HumbledbYGrace. Hey! You still owe me a mail. cheesy howdy?
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by bettermike: 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
Tbken: Wow its good seeing the thread positively moving....its being long i come here...@depressionkillz you have a nice post to @krystalxxx....@big.game you are not a weakling feel free to xpress yourself here and @bettermike you have contributed xo much to the thread thankz buh dont post anything that will look lyk you're berating peoplez problem to avoid misunderstanding some people are not comfortable with that @phder thankz for the video...i didnt watch it buh it wil help the thread..@krysalxxx depressionkillz said it all..@depressionkillz dnt forget the thread wen you get to SA..hapi for u
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hi guys or do i say 'sirs' grin ..can someone please tell me about 'creating the borderline' for people? It may look shocking but i dont know anything about where the limit should be for people. Anytime i create a limit,its very weird but i actually feel wicked. Pls how can i avoid being helpless in this issue?
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by bettermike: 9:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
Krystalxxx: Hi guys or do i say 'sirs' grin ..can someone please tell me about 'creating the borderline' for people? It may look shocking but i dont know anything about where the limit should be for people. Anytime i create a limit,its very weird but i actually feel wicked. Pls how can i avoid being helpless in this issue?
Drawing a personal line is never a sign of wickedness. There is an old saying: TOO MUCH FAMILIARITY BREEDS CONTEMPT. Perhaps, you're too nice. Not bad though. Its proof that your upbringing was a God-fearing one. However, people will only take advantage of you and leave you stranded.
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by bettermike: 9:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
bettermike: Drawing a personal line is never a sign of wickedness. There is an old saying: TOO MUCH FAMILIARITY BREEDS CONTEMPT. Perhaps, you're too nice. Not bad though. Its proof that your upbringing was a God-fearing one. However, people will only take advantage of you and leave you stranded.
Now pause. Listen carefully. A lot of people get it wrong at this point. They take the habit of, drawing a line, to the extreme. Believe me, you dont want to be doing that. WHAT YOU NEED IS THE WISDOM TO KNOW WHEN TO BE NICE AND WHEN TO DRAW THE LINE. This is up to you to find out as you mature. Also, drawing a line depends on each person you are relating with. E.g. You can allow your boyfriend to hold and kiss you anytime. Right? But would you allow a haggered-looking stranger at a party to do same? Ofcourse not. As for me, i can allow certain statements to slide whenever am hanging out with pals because i know its all for fun. But when its time to get serious, am serious. Thats drawing the line.
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by bettermike: 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
By the way, i have a few words for you regarding your relationship with your mom. Here's my take: I think it depends on the kind of relationship you have with your mom. Do you see her like your friend? If yes, then its okay to keep telling her things. HOWEVER, YOU SHOULD ALSO START LEARNING TO BE A WOMAN. Start learning to make your own decisions by yourself. Limit her role in your life to provider, friend and advicer. START LEARNING TO MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS HENCEFORTH. She's your mom alrite. She's taught you right from wrong. Its now time for you to start practicing what you were taught. You dont need to wait for her to tell you what you should already know. K?
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by bettermike: 10:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
bettermike: By the way, i have a few words for you regarding your relationship with your mom. Here's my take: I think it depends on the kind of relationship you have with your mom. Do you see her like your friend? If yes, then its okay to keep telling her things. HOWEVER, YOU SHOULD ALSO START LEARNING TO BE A WOMAN. Start learning to make your own decisions by yourself. Limit her role in your life to provider, friend and advicer. START LEARNING TO MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS HENCEFORTH. She's your mom alrite. She's taught you right from wrong. Its now time for you to start practicing what you were taught. You dont need to wait for her to tell you what you should already know. K?
START LEARNING TO MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS HENCEFORTH. Here is a question for you: Lets assume you have a friend that you tell everything to. Lateron, you realise that she tells everyone everything you always tell her. Thats not all. She even insults you at every opportunity too. QUESTION: Should you keep telling her everything like you used to? ANSWER: .... ADVICE: Try to tell your mom how hurt you feel when she tells the whole world what you discussed with her. Tell her your mind. But if she still doesnt stop the habit, then find someone else. Simple. NOTE: The manner with which you present the matter to her is very important. Choose wisdom.
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
that explains things like.... seventy percent...thanks @ bettermike
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 30, 2013
Krystalxxx: Hi guys or do i say 'sirs' grin ..can someone please tell me about 'creating the borderline' for people? It may look shocking but i dont know anything about where the limit should be for people. Anytime i create a limit,its very weird but i actually feel wicked. Pls how can i avoid being helpless in this issue?
Bettermike said it all, lemme add a few words, first you create boundaries and when someone crosses it, tell them how you feel, i don't mean being blatantly rude, i mean in like a polite tone, only a troublemaker won't respect your feelings especially when you're polite enough.

And if you feel that you creating a boundary is kind of wicked, remember that without it, people won't threat you the way you want, they'd take advantage of you.
If people don't threat you as you desire, your past experiences are likely to repeat itself.
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 30, 2013
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2013
Big.game:
Bettermike said it all, lemme add a few words, first you create boundaries and when someone crosses it, tell them how you feel, i don't mean being blatantly rude, i mean in like a polite tone, only a troublemaker won't respect your feelings especially when you're polite enough.

And if you feel that you creating a boundary is kind of wicked, remember that without it, people won't threat you the way you want, they'd take advantage of you.
If people don't threat you as you desire, your past experiences are likely to repeat itself.
Big.game:

Big.game:

okay i get what youre saying,thanks
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by depressionkills(f): 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2013
Hello all cool BRB smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 04, 2013
hello people, hope life is treating y'all fairly.
@depressionkillz, still awaiting to hear about your experience on the trip, hope it went great.
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 08, 2013
where is everyone really? I feel like the thread is a room and everyone has gone out for lunch smiley....i miss the talks and everybody and the comments
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by bettermike: 9:59am On Dec 08, 2013
Krystalxxx: where is everyone really? I feel like the thread is a room and everyone has gone out for lunch smiley....i miss the talks and everybody and the comments
Honestly, i kinda miss everyone too. I suppose we've not really defined a use for this thread yet. How's OUR mom and bf doing btw?
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by bettermike: 10:06am On Dec 08, 2013
Big.game:
hello people, hope life is treating y'all fairly.
@depressionkillz, still awaiting to hear about your experience on the trip, hope it went great.
Not bad bro. U ok?
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by bettermike: 10:14am On Dec 08, 2013
depressionkills: Hello all cool BRB smiley
Hey Depressionkills, I have a great idea for this thread of ours. Can we edit the title from: A thread for those SUFFERING from depression or anxiety disorder; to: A thread for those RECOVERING from depression or anxiety disorder. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Tbken: 10:24am On Dec 08, 2013
Whatsup everybody @bettermike you are viewing the thread....Happy sunday..... @deppressionkillz we are still xpecting you @krystalxxx how are you
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by ebenebechinedu(m): 11:44am On Dec 08, 2013
Relaxing and staying refreshed is the best way to overcome depression. http://nedbodyhealth.com/blog/2013/11/13/5-ways-to-relax-rejuvenate-and-refresh/
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
oh im fine everybody,just coping and hope you all are too...mom and him are just fine @ bettermike. I stopped telling them things though,and since then no problem
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
bettermike: Not bad bro. U ok?
yea, am holding up fine.
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by bettermike: 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
Tbken: Whatsup everybody @bettermike you are viewing the thread....Happy sunday..... @deppressionkillz we are still xpecting you @krystalxxx how are you
Happy Sunday to you too bruv. Hope your day went well. Am sure i already logged out when you came in. NL viewers software always indicates you as viewing, even up to 60secs after you must have exited the thread, which must have been my instance. Anyways, sunday was just okay for me sha. Thanks
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by bettermike: 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2013
Krystalxxx: oh im fine everybody,just coping and hope you all are too...mom and him are just fine @ bettermike. I stopped telling them things though,and since then no problem
As long as you're comfortable with how things are presently, then great. Am glad you've eventually made the change that's now making you happier.
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Tbken: 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
bettermike: Happy Sunday to you too bruv. Hope your day went well. Am sure i already logged out when you came in. NL viewers software always indicates you as viewing, even up to 60secs after you must have exited the thread, which must have been my instance. Anyways, sunday was just okay for me sha. Thanks
ok maybe that was the case...My sunday went normal....i mistakenly got myself a bit drunk
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by indoorlove(m): 8:35am On Dec 09, 2013
Reading through this thread makes me feel alot better, honestly before now i thought i was alone in this world.
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by bettermike: 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
Tbken: ok maybe that was the case...My sunday went normal....i mistakenly got myself a bit drunk
I thought i was the only one with a drunk weekend. Lol.
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by bettermike: 6:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
indoorlove: Reading through this thread makes me feel alot better, honestly before now i thought i was alone in this world.
You are not alone. Always remember that. I hereby welcome you on behalf of everyone here. Feel free to check-in anytime. K?
Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Nobody: 4:34am On Dec 15, 2013
hey guys, happy sunday to y'all. Saw this on FB thought i should share

Re: A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 20, 2013
everybody is hiding thier pictures abi? Dont worry i will come and visit allllllll of u to see you face to face...after that i wont complain of no pics on all ur profiles...lol. If im not shy,who will be (dettol) grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries / 100 Level ABSU Student Slumped And Died On Her Way To Exam (Photo) / In Delta, Mad Woman Gives Birth To A Bouncing Baby By The Roadside (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.