Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. (3346 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Gov Obiano Commissions Power-injection Substations In Anambra State (photos) / Fashola Commissions Peninsula Integrated Power Project. . PICS... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by bloggernaija: 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
theshadyexpress: this is peanuts when compared to what akpabio ,amaechi and even schema are commissioning.
nothing spectacular
The power those states are producing is lost in the power grid.
Probably used to supply free electricity to bayelsa.
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by Standing5(m): 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
jazzydee: celebration of mediocrity and fraud.

The 10.32 MW generator that was built at a cost of 400 million per MW. Even the FG with all its fault built its power plants at 260 million per MW. Fashola and his god father pocketed 140 million per MW of electricity generated in Lagos.

I will nor celebrate this fraud as Lagos has gone to the dogs. Time will tell for Fashola must answer to EFCC the day he leaves office for this blatant corruption in display!
I knew guys like u would show up immediately i saw the thread. FYI, Power plants similar to that of your FG is known to cost N96 Million megawatt capacity. Whereas Fashola has help eliminate 30mw of innefeicient (some petrol, some diesl and some China make) gen to give a centralized 10mw that they can all draw from, the FG is busy focussing on how to sheild performing governos from running for presidency come 2015. The largest room is the room for improvement, some people need to check the crab mentality and stop pulling the performing governors down. They need to start holding their leaders responsible.
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by taharqa: 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
0monnakoda: did I say that it was built by Tinubu? I Suggest you go back nd read what I wrote that you just quoted. You can read Yes it is 271MW plant powered by gas supplying the National grid. If it is operating at full capacity.
If Tinubu did not build it, who did na?? Abi, na Fashola build am? I mean, it has to be either of them, right? Abi, is d claim not: a 271MW Power Plant has been built by d Lagos State Govt and is presently supplying power to d National Grid??
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by leighcon(m): 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
taharqa: Bros, Sorry. I don't undastad anytin bout you just wrote above. Could you plz expantiate on it; actuali, REALI expantiate on it. Thnks

The project was built by Enron for LASG at inception of 4th republic. Power policy/constitutional issues did not allow LASG to control usage of its output as it had to be fed into the national grid.

Again, there were issues with EPC (Energy Purchase Contract) and of course demise of Enron (American erstwhile energy giant) coupled with litigation in the US affected its management. The facility still runs don't get me wrong.

It is now called AES barge as one poster mentioned, how and why are what I don't have details of now.

Gotten??
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
theshadyexpress:
this slowpoke has statted throwing insults all because I told him the truth.sori boy your Insult wont change the fact that you are programmed to think backwards.sori if I was too harsh on you cos I know you're such a Sissy

You bandits deserve nothing but massive insults if all you will be doing on any thread that showcases development in any part of SW gives you epilepsy ..I just don't have the patience to educate m0rons as you
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by taharqa: 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
0monnakoda: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_Nigeria

AES EGBIN

Stakeholders report two versions of the inception
of the project.
In the first version, Enron
approached the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN)
and the Lagos State Government with a
proposal to build own and operate an emergency faci
lity, namely a 90 MW barge-mounted diesel plant
to be run on liquid fuel, followed by a permanent f
acility comprising a 560 MW gas-fired plant,--both
under a common PPA. In the second version of the s
tory, the Lagos State Government apparently
drove the process and directly approached Enron for
the two-part project. In both versions,
international competitive bidding (ICB) practices w
ere overlooked and the deal was negotiated within
months. The original power purchase agreement was s
igned in 1999 among the project company, the
Lagos State Government, the Federal Ministry of Pow
er & Steel and NEPA, with the expectation that

the first plant would be on-stream by December 1999
. Yinka Folawiyo Power Limited (YFP), a local
Nigerian firm, was also involved at this stage as a
dvisor to Enron, but not a signatory to the PPA.
Due to public pressure, however, this initial deal
was modified, and negotiations would
continue for another six months through to mid-2000
. Major objections were raised about: the lack of
transparent and competitive bidding; the type of fu
el to be used, the fact that the plant would not be
penalized for poor performance; that the project co
mpany would receive excessive contract
termination payments; and that capacity payments we
re deemed too high. Amidst the ongoing
negotiation, the original plan for the land-based 5
60 MW plant was shelved (albeit not dropped). The
major items to be changed involved increasing the i
nitial plant from 90 MW to 270 MW (9 units of 30
MW each gas-fired open cycle) and switching the fue
l from liquid fuel to natural gas, both of which
had the effect of reducing the capacity and energy
charges (with some reports of a reduction of up to
ten times the original charge), with a final invest
ment cost of US$240 million.
It was agreed that the capacity charge would be fl
at, indexed to OECD CPI, for the 13.25-year
duration of the contract, which would be backed by
a sovereign guarantee. Capacity charges would be
payable in dollars. There was no separate fuel supp
ly agreement; instead, fuel was to be provided by
NEPA (subsequently PHCN), which would contract it d
irectly from the Nigerian Gas Company.
A little less than a year before Enron filed for b
ankruptcy, the firm sold its shares in two
tranches.
In September 2000, Enron sold 30 percent to AES. T
hen in December 2000, the firm sold
the remaining 65 percent and 5 percent respectively
to AES and YFP, which although present since
project inception only became a shareholder in 2000
. Enron did not complete construction, and the
construction contract was transferred to AES Inc Vi
rginia USA, with the plant coming online in May
2001 (Van Meeteren 2005).
Although agreement was reached and the plant has b
een online since 2001, further
negotiations continued with regard to the availabil
ity-deficiency payment as well as the tax exemption
certificate (which remains outstanding). The issues
were ultimately taken to arbitration, and while th
e
arbitration has been concluded, after approximately
five years, the arbitral award is still being awai
ted,
together with a figure for the ultimate cost of the
arbitration (RERA per com 2011). Throughout,
secure fuel supply has been an issue for AES due to
conflict in the Niger Delta, which flared up most
recently in 2008/9, and which impacts on fuel deliv
ery to the plant, located in Lagos.
Oh! Lawd!!! Hehehehehehe.... So na this one una get since? Did you read d article you posted... BUNCH OF SHAMELESS LIARS
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by 0monnakoda: 6:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
taharqa: If Tinubu did not build it, who did na?? Abi, na Fashola build am? I mean, it has to be either of them, right? Abi, is d claim not: a 271MW Power Plant has been built by d Lagos State Govt and is presently supplying power to d National Grid??
cLaim by me. Are you Well? The reason I am talking to you is that you quoted me.So I suggest you GO BACK nd READ what you quoted.
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by 0monnakoda: 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
taharqa: Oh! Lawd!!! Hehehehehehe.... So na this one una get since? Did you read d article you posted... BUNCH OF SHAMELESS LIARS
Guy please check well those you are exchanging insults with.Maybe you are confusing me with someone else.
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by agbameta: 6:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
theshadyexpress:
[s]now read the thrash you wrote slowly and appreciate your foolishness[/s]

1. Lagos state built the first IPP in Nigeria when your village isi ewu governors were errand boys

2. Today, Lagos state is keeping and using every MW generated from it's power plants, but your villages can not.

3. Your villages with their power plants can not guarantee any hospital, school, bridge, water works or state infrastructures and institutions uninterrupted power supply, but Lagos state can.

4. Lagos state have miles of fresh and modern underground transmission cables while your villages and their MW are still chained to the worthless and obsolete National grid.

5. Lagos state is manufacturing transformers while your dullard retardeen is setting up committee to look in into transformer manufacturing...

See how far behind Lagos state you miserable clowns are and shall remain for so many decades? grin
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by agbameta: 6:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
leighcon:

The project was built by Enron for LASG at inception of 4th republic. Power policy/constitutional issues did not allow LASG to control usage of its output as it had to be fed into the national grid.

Again, there were issues with EPC (Energy Purchase Contract) and of course demise of Enron (American erstwhile energy giant) coupled with litigation in the US affected its management. The facility still runs don't get me wrong.

It is now called AES barge as one poster mentioned, how and why are what I don't have details of now.

Gotten??

They are always trolling and playing dumb just to hide their illiteracy and ignorance..
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by taharqa: 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
0monnakoda: cLaim by me. Are you Well? The reason I am talking to you is that you quoted me.So I suggest you GO BACK nd READ what you quoted.
You were d one that 1st quoted me and inserted yourself in a discussion where I specifically askd smone to provide details on his claim. If you didn't know what that claim was, why insert yaself into d discuss??
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by agbameta: 6:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
bloggernaija:
The power those states are producing is lost in the power grid.
Probably used to supply free electricity to bayelsa.

Flat heads are dumb and foolish for real....lmao
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by 0monnakoda: 6:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
taharqa: You were d one that 1st quoted me and inserted yourself in a discussion where I specifically askd smone to provide details on his claim. If you didn't know what that claim was, why insert yaself into d discuss??
So that gives you licence to abuse me?
I do not abuse anyone first but I respond directly to your mother and father at home. So be warned.
I told you who built the plant in VERY CLEAR ENGLISH. There is no ambiguity about that if you want to deal in issues fine if you want to exchange abuses with your parent I am also fine with that
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by agbameta: 6:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
taharqa: You were d one that 1st quoted me and inserted yourself in a discussion where I specifically askd smone to provide details on his claim. If you didn't know what that claim was, why insert yaself into d discuss??

Do we really have to school you about the first IPP in Nigeria or you are too incompetent to use basic search tool like google for your own education?

We call you clowns dullards for a reason...
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by theshadyexpress(m): 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
agbameta:

1. Lagos state built the first IPP in Nigeria when your village isi ewu governors were errand boys

2. Today, Lagos state is keeping and using every MW generated from it's power plants, but your villages can not.

3. Your villages with their power plants can not guarantee any hospital, school, bridge, water works or state infrastructures and institutions uninterrupted power supply, but Lagos state can.

4. Lagos state have miles of fresh and modern underground transmission cables while your villages and their MW are still chained to the worthless and obsolete National grid.

5. Lagos state is manufacturing transformers while your dullard retardeen is setting up committee to look in into transformer manufacturing...

See how far behind Lagos state you miserable clowns are and shall remain for so many decades? grin
while the lasg is celebrating power to street lights and hospitals the governors of rivers have gone beyond that to build mega power plants and buy the distribution companies that will provide electricity for the whole state.
in summary your fasola is a learner and you are a chronically mentally unstable errand boy to a learner.
digest that you born-imbe**le
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by agbameta: 6:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
theshadyexpress:
[s]while the lasg is celebrating power to street lights and hospitals the governors of rivers have gone beyond that to build mega power plants and buy the distribution companies that will provide electricity for the whole state.
in summary your fasola is a learner and you are a chronically mentally unstable errand boy to a learner.
digest that you born-imbe**le[/s]

See how far behind Lagos state you miserable clowns are and shall remain for so many decades?

grin
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by taharqa: 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
0monnakoda: So that gives you licence to abuse me?
I do not abuse anyone first but I respond directly to your mother and father at home. So be warned.
I told you who built the plant in VERY CLEAR ENGLISH. There is no ambiguity about that if you want to deal in issues fine if you want to exchange abuses with your parent I am also fine with that
I think you shld calmly step aside for now since you hv no real stuff to contribute to my specific equiries. I certainly do not hv d time for small talks...
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
How is Power Generated or is this one very big diesel generator forgive my ignorance i just dey ask
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by theshadyexpress(m): 7:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
agbameta:

See how far behind Lagos state you miserable clowns are and shall remain for so many decades?

grin
you were ahead but they picked up pace and left you on your wheelchair
sorry bout your mental state its no making of yours but the hopeless environment the LASG provided for you.
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by agbameta: 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
theshadyexpress:
[s]you were ahead but they picked up pace and left you on your wheelchair
sorry bout your mental state its no making of yours but the hopeless environment the LASG provided for you.[/s]

grin
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by theshadyexpress(m): 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
agbameta:

grin

signs that you have already gone mad with hate and jealousy......o ma she oooo
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by agbameta: 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
theshadyexpress:

[s]signs that you have already gone mad with hate and jealousy......o ma she oooo[/s]

grin
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by gramci: 7:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
agbameta:

Do we really have to school you about the first IPP in Nigeria or you are too incompetent to use basic search tool like google for your own education?

We call you clowns dullards for a reason...

becomerich opens thread Musiwa comments, eko ile opens agbamental comments.

i now see the similarity in ALTITUDE

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by agbameta: 7:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
gramci:
[s]

becomerich opens thread Musiwa comments, eko ile opens agbamental comments.

i now see the similarity in ALTITUDE[/s]

Is it a must for you village flat heads not to ever make sense...?
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by Gogetta(m): 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
Chino72: More like a warehouse for yam storage.. cool
Oh Shattap!
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by Midastouch1: 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
Segeggs: SW And progress

^^^^ are Synonymous!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by gramci: 8:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
agbameta:

Is it a must for you village flat heads not to ever make sense...?

i don't make sense to psycho inmates

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by agbameta: 8:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
gramci:

i don't make sense to psycho inmates

Why not just kill yourself instead of going back and forth with a psycho inmate?

Like I said, is it a must for you flat heads not to ever make sense..?
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
ilugunboy:

You are a person!

Far behind your erosion ravaged red soil states or where?

Bladdy eddioott!
Calm down
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by taharqa: 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
taharqa: Cud you be kind enuf to tell us the name and location of this 271MW Plant that d LASG built and that is presently supplying power to d national grid, plz?? You may use @eko ile, @plaindealer, @agbameta, etc, to answer... Thnks you mush
Abeg o, am still waiting for answer o...
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by initiate: 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
LAGOS IS WORKING
FASHOLA IS WORKING
EKO O NI BAJE

But meanwhile why does madam deputy follow oga about? Cant she be busy doing something else? abi oga no trust her and has to keep an eye on her
Re: Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS.. by mojeer678: 7:40am On Oct 19, 2013
theshadyexpress:
they can't provide answers because they and their masters are dirty liars and propagandists.
bunch of losers

They've been exposed already in another thread when this wasteful & over-padded 'project' was first revealed to be another conduit for Fash and his band of merry men for their retirement plans:

https://www.nairaland.com/1473757/lagos-oando-complete-n3.2b-power

Mark my words, Fash and plenty of his officials would be joined in several lawsuits, probes, panels et cetera post 2015, if there's any justice in this world!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why G7 Governors Decamping Does Not Really Affect Jonathan's 2015 Chances / Fani-kayode Blasts Jonathan Over Reply To Obasanjo's Letter / Photo Aliko Dangote Celebrates With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.