Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,676 members, 7,820,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference (22793 Views)

2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo / PDP In Edo To Take Adams Oshiomhole To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Demdem(m): 5:38am On Oct 19, 2013
theshadyexpress:
and you mistook nonsense for common sense

This goon doesn't know that there is a whole lot difference BTW NC and SNC. Oponu.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by mooregan(m): 5:40am On Oct 19, 2013
What has he done as a Governor to reduce unemployment in his Own state?? Talk is cheap. It would have been more better if as he's saying this, he could tell us to come to Edo state and see d zero rate of youth unemployment. Why is it that once u r in d opposition, u can't see ANYTHING good abt d government of the day? What this APC do is not Constructive Criticism. Politics can really change a man sha cos atimes I do sit down to wonder weda this is still d same Adams of NLC *smh*

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by jking001(m): 5:48am On Oct 19, 2013
Its only a blind man that would not see what's tearing us apart and the need for social cohesion vis a vis the need for a national dialogue to resolve this issues, else i forsee calamity or is this man oshio trying to tell us his desire is to see bloodshed in the wake of the 2015 election, i think we have see enough ,creating jobs would not stop boko haram crisis neither would it eradicate ethnicity which fuels corruption and Godfatherism nor would it stop religious bigotry which has done so much damage you can elect the best president if we don't address this issues we can't progress as a nation.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:54am On Oct 19, 2013
lygn19:
What re they graduating out of school for...
So if d govt doesn't give d graduates job they re useless,
Let they try other options like entrepreneurship...
I am not up to 35, but I am a self made millionaire, I am proud to be my own boss. And I think u shud do d same...
All dz jobs question is really annoying.
most people dnt v ur kind of opportunity 2 make it as an enterpreneur.
I m also a self made enterpreneur. But I know it's not easy. Some people r agile, dey v ideas & r ready 2 make it but some factors r limiting dem.
So if u manage 2 hammer, dnt call ur friend a lazy man.
Last Bullet:
Oshiomole is right. If how our youths can v a conducive atmosphere 2 survive will not be tackled in dr national conference, dey shld abort it.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by BigBenoski(m): 6:00am On Oct 19, 2013
I just marvel at the naivity of those who think this conference is going to change a thing. The structure of this proposed conference is hugely flawed, in that the outcome of the conference would be forwarded to the national assembly for ratification. The lawmakers will kill every good thing in the report and we would have ended up justying oshiomhole for calling the conference 'a mere talk shop'. Our thieving lawmakers do not need any national dialogue to make good laws for us; they have just refused to do it. We'v been crying for eons for them to reduce their allowances. How did they respond to that? More increament. i'm averse to any national dialogue in naija, whose outcome are not binding on the national assembly.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by nagoma(m): 6:01am On Oct 19, 2013
National conference is a talk shop. It is an extension of nairaland. It's a forum for exchanging ethnic insults and raising tension . It is going to be divisive and will help towards dismantling the country. We can go ahead with it provided we know all that. But instead of doing that I would prefer a timetable and geographical demarcations for dividing the country in peace. North for northerners and south for southerners. We can then be good neighbors. No problem.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by rolchi(m): 6:03am On Oct 19, 2013
blaqoracle: then go back to your state to do business so that you can also enjoy zero taxation.
Exactly the reason why we need to talk. We need to define an indigene and a citizen!
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by kokoA(m): 6:04am On Oct 19, 2013
The problem with Nairaland is that there are either too many teenage posters or most posters became politically informed not long ago. We have had a National dialogue before under Obasanjo, we have had the truth and reconciliation panel (aka Oputa panel) before, etc. The question remains; what happened to the resolutions of the past efforts? What is going to be different this time around? My answer is "Absolutely nothing!" Government will eventually invite lots of delegates to Abuja (like they always do), lodge them in big hotels, give them fat allowances, they will talk for some weeks, sing Mr. President's praises and dismiss, then that will be all.! I can bet on this.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by ibedun: 6:06am On Oct 19, 2013
Listen to goons. Teeming youth, jobless youth, time bomb etc. Economic prospects shrinking everywhere BUT pregnancy boom continues. I suggest a 2 prong approach, increase economic opportunities for the youth and STOP creating more wretched youth by reducing birth rate!

Constitutional conference including birth rate.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by rolchi(m): 6:06am On Oct 19, 2013
BigBenoski: I just marvel at the naivity of those who think this conference is going to change a thing. The structure of this proposed conference is hugely flawed, in that the outcome of the conference would be forwarded to the national assembly for ratification. The lawmakers will kill every good thing in the report and we would have ended up justying oshiomhole for calling the conference 'a mere talk shop'. Our thieving lawmakers do not need any national dialogue to make good laws for us; they have just refused to do it. We'v been crying for eons for them to reduce their allowances. How did they respond to that? More increament. i'm averse to any national dialogue in naija, whose outcome are not binding on the national assembly.

Sill, let's talk and let it be on record that the National Assembly, the second arm of government and the symbol of our democracy FAILED Nigerians. Brother, there are so many things to talk about to push the country forward.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by omoalayo(m): 6:07am On Oct 19, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: most people dnt v ur kind of opportunity 2 make it as an enterpreneur.
I m also a self made enterpreneur. But I know it's not easy. Some people r agile, dey v ideas & r ready 2 make it but some factors r limiting dem.
So if u manage 2 hammer, dnt call ur friend a lazy man.
Last Bullet:
Oshiomole is right. If how our youths can v a conducive atmosphere 2 survive will not be tackled in dr national conference, dey shld abort it.
nd who told U issues relating to unemployment wnt be discusd @ d NC... All of U opposition shud jst knw someone cant tackle evrytin at a time.. If bro Jona decide on solving a problem,, U guys wll point @ another 1 saying He hs done nothing right... Jst open Ur eyes and see wht is gud as gud...
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Demdem(m): 6:10am On Oct 19, 2013
BigBenoski: I just marvel at the naivity of those who think this conference is going to change a thing. The structure of this proposed conference is hugely flawed, in that the outcome of the conference would be forwarded to the national assembly for ratification. The lawmakers will kill every good thing in the report and we would have ended up justying oshiomhole for calling the conference 'a mere talk shop'. Our thieving lawmakers do not need any national dialogue to make good laws for us; they have just refused to do it. We'v been crying for eons for them to reduce their allowances. How did they respond to that? More increament. i'm averse to any national dialogue in naija, whose outcome are not binding on the national assembly.

This is the key. Any conference whose decisions will still be reviewed by NASS is a waste of time. Jonathan proposed NC decisions won't be binding on NASS so Osho is right in terming it waste of time.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by otunnejustice(m): 6:12am On Oct 19, 2013
It's better 2 attack issues dan d one hu has raised it,but in attackn d issue,one may brush d one hu raised it.dos attackn Oshiomole bc of his opinion on SNC n even using abusive language,barefaced,av a ? On dia sense of reasonin
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 19, 2013
lygn19:
I am not up to 35, but I am a self made millionaire, I am proud to be my own boss. And I think u shud do d same...

I think is either something is wrong with your line of thoughts or you really don't have an idea what the duty of a government is.
There is this "ideology" spreading around town, where Nigerian graduates are told at every given opportunity to create jobs for themselves, while passively making it seems as if they are responsible for the unemployment in the country. Well if I may ask you what do you think is the primary responsibility of the government; sit in Abuja and embezzle public funds, throwing lavish wedding/parties for their wards?

As advanced and well equipped the youths of the 1st world countries are, you will never hear anyone either in government or not, telling them to create jobs for themselves even this bad economy. Reason been that the citizens know what their responsibilities are and that of the government. It is the duty of the government to create not only jobs for its youths but a thriving environment where the youth can be whatever they want to be in life.

I get that the situation in our country calls for drastic measures but then when you pass your "entrepreneur message" along, state it as an alternative not as the responsibility of the youths. Because unconsciously, you are shifting government responsibilities towards her citizen, at every given opportunity they need to be reminded of what their responsibilities are.

NB: If you don't mind I would appreciate if you could send me the lists of all the those powers and the jobs created by their children so far.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 19, 2013
obailala: I have asked this same question countless times... What is this whole sovereign national conference all about??... it doesn't take much more than common sense to know that an SNC will simply end in a brawl??.. and afterwards, a committee will be set-up to review the findings of the SNC committee indefinitely

I think all GEJ needs to do is to arrest and lock up some top shots for corruption and that will automatically instill fear in other leaders... Nigeria simply needs to nip impunity in the bud and everything else will fly on autopilot

I hope you won't be among the bigots who will scream for "federal character" in the arrest and lock up of some top shots for corruption?

* I hope this Gov won't squeal "resource control" later? Imagine asking the govt to create jobs, when even the existing ones aren't given fairly and the competition isn't fair on some parts?
* walk into any federal establishment and tell me if it hasn't become an ethnic one! (If its in the west, its yoruba all the way, if in the north, its hausas, same for the east etc) yet we say its the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by deebsman1(m): 6:31am On Oct 19, 2013
Hw abt Obasanjo's confab?
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by kabba7(m): 6:35am On Oct 19, 2013
I have a strong believe Jonathan is just playing his last cARD ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ he surely will fail. He is yet to say his real aim he however forgot as all these trash on Tv are mere talk for now as the real intention is yet to be declared .
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Seyigreg: 6:35am On Oct 19, 2013
all them are saddle with d same responsibility, has he (Adams) surpass wat Jonathan has done, hw many youth has he been able to employ. do we really knw our problems? if we do, y have we not been able to solve any? its time for us to sit down n discuss our problems and possible solutions not that somebody will sit somewhere n begin to talk nonsense to make headlines condemning other pple's idea or possible ways our problems could be solved.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by LajaLaba: 6:36am On Oct 19, 2013
Honestly speaking this country has gone beyond redemption....Is better we break up once and for all.....

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by LajaLaba: 6:39am On Oct 19, 2013
Let my people.Enough is enough!
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:39am On Oct 19, 2013
omoalayo: nd who told U issues relating to unemployment wnt be discusd @ d NC... All of U opposition shud jst knw someone cant tackle evrytin at a time.. If bro Jona decide on solving a problem,, U guys wll point @ another 1 saying He hs done nothing right... Jst open Ur eyes and see wht is gud as gud...
e be like say u get apollo 4 ur eyes abi na wicklow catch 1 of ur thumbs. Do I luk lyk an APC member?
GEJ need 2 be reminded of d primary topic in d discussion. Creation of a conducive atmosphere 4 youths 2 excel.
No be opposition tin.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by fishmakas: 6:40am On Oct 19, 2013
Mumu which gud point y dat short man oshe no do d youth confce 4 his own state abi all d youth dere get job, kidnapers
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by maximunimpact(m): 6:43am On Oct 19, 2013
Am beginin 2 lose sympathy 4 dis APC-alternative party thing.....must opposition opose just any programme of d govt eventhough it is gud? Now I see y a lot of ppl see APC as visionless. Eva since dey came on board, I have not seen any meaninful impact frm dem........only talkin trash agaist d govt
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Wallade(m): 6:44am On Oct 19, 2013
Iceman296: ..Wont the Youth unemployment Ish Not Be Addressed In the SNC?

I am Really Suprised At Oshiomole's Comment, The APC Has Turned him to a Visionless Politician!

SNC is Long Overdue.

Is the proposed conference termed soverign national conference. How do we ensure the resolutions of the SNC are binding on the goverment? That is tactically not addressed so we may have a talk show that will cost millions of naira which amounts to waste of time, effort and resources.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by dontjealousme: 6:45am On Oct 19, 2013
In his opinion? He is not the President to decide.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by dontjealousme: 6:45am On Oct 19, 2013
In his opinion? He is not the President to decide.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by elari(m): 6:51am On Oct 19, 2013
lygn19:
. . . whats this one saying? entrepreneurship without the availability of the basic social amenities such as electricity and water is thrash.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by teejan: 6:53am On Oct 19, 2013
I strongly agree with Oshiomole on this, the rate of Youth Unemployment is too high in Nigeria, we need to act not talk, those critics of Oshiomole need to go to other climes where things are done appropriately, in Nigeria all you see is cheap talk no action...How much does Edo state earn to create jobs? In my fair assessment some Governors are better intellectually and Performance wise than this Goodluck of a President.An holistic approach should be followed to create jobs and keep the aYouths busy, , there should be support for Techical education...handwork and entrepreneurship, Government in particular adopt the model Germanyis using to create jobs and add value, not confab of old men wanting to hold the treasury by its jagular.If there are jobs a minister wouod not need to waste money to buy bullet proof SUVs.Its pathetic that nothing works in Nigeria. My 50 cents.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by MagicBishop: 6:54am On Oct 19, 2013
sesanrota: Good Point by the comrade Governor himself, its high time the presidency realizes they are most Nigerian youth are graduating each year with little or no Job....its a time bomb.

and what is the reason they remain unemployed or unemployable?
As long as we shy from the fundamental and root causes Nigeria that continue to ebb us closer to the edge of a failed state, how then can we be able to solve our numerous and increasing problems?

Nigeria is not working because Nigeria does not have a working paper.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Gistben: 7:01am On Oct 19, 2013
lygn19:
just be sincere, did u not inherit something from your parenthood that made you what you are today? If yes, you think its every nigeria that has the same opportunity you had?
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by chronique(m): 7:02am On Oct 19, 2013
Oshiomole should stop all these stupid talk about youth unemployment conference. What has he done as regards unemployment in the state? I'm from Edo state and the last time I went there,I was disappointed. Nothing much had been done on ground as opposed to the hype he had generated. I saw billboards carrying his name everywhere but the development on ground(at that time),wasn't different from what it was several years before he assumed office. Insecurity is high in Edo state;at least I know how many of my extended family members have been kidnapped there in the last 2 yrs. We know how much ransom was paid to get them released. Despite leaving in a so called G.R.A,my folks don't go out once it's 8pm... How many private investors has Oshiomole wooed to come do business in the state? In year 2013,I do not expect any sane leader to expect govt to provide direct employment for citizens in Nigeria,knowing fully well how we treat govt property/work. People will end up getting paid for jobs not done. What we need is the enabling environment for private investors to invest and create jobs and GEJ's govt is doing very well in that regard. All the indices pointing in the right/positive direction as regards this,can't be overlooked.

The main problem with Nigeria is the way we reason and think collectively,as a nation. A situation where people in the opposition would never for once,see anything meaningful being done by the govt in power,is a dangerous sign of what should be expected in the future. This is one of the key things that should be looked into. The current opposition of today,are setting a bad precedence and if things continue like this,I'm afraid what the future holds for us as a nation. A situation where people refuse to see,accept and tell the truth cos of their selfish and personal ambitions,would only lead us to chaos. It's disheartening to know that some people still think we do not need a national dialogue to discuss our existence,despite the 100s and 1000s of souls that have been murdered in the north in the last how many years.

Oshiomole,the people of Edo haven't appointed you as a mouthpiece to speak for us. You,Tinubu and your cohorts,can fool yourselves if you guys so wish;please keep us out of your selfish plans. I'm very sure the average Edo man wants a SNC. We've been yearning for it for ages and we're not about to make a U-turn now. Even if a 100 glorified APC rascals try to sell the idea of a U-turn to us,we won't buy.

SNC must hold.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Sajio(m): 7:05am On Oct 19, 2013
sesanrota:

You don't know me and am not speaking for myself alone...
Everybody can't be an entrepreneur as it will choked up the system and are you telling me is every entrepreneur that is successful?
why do we have different trades and disciplines....
The fact is Govt isn't doing enough and the population is increasing daily and instead of thinking aggressively towards this direction, the reverse is the case, the comrade is only trying to let the Government know where needs to be prioritized for now instead of frivolous spending
Among all he(Oshie) mentioned will not yield anything long benefits but a temporal one less there's One-Nigeria,Unity and Love among us! Not until a Yoruba Man believes what he built in delta is for all Nigerians vice-vicer, eg, Delta Steel company came up and died withing the 8yrs baba ruled!! It didn't last long because there was no love instead selfishness/greed took it all! All the amentioned will follow if the National Dialogue succeeds!! They should allow Gej †̥ give it a try joor!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price / Ramatu Tijani: Minister’s Aides Brutalise Journalist, Slap Security Men In Abuja / Pictures From Ondo-Central Walk For Tinubu/Shettima Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.