Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference (22785 Views)

2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo / PDP In Edo To Take Adams Oshiomhole To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by phillippiano(m): 7:07am On Oct 19, 2013
angry grin grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by nafada2: 7:18am On Oct 19, 2013
Clerverly:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/oshiomhole-to-jonathan-forget-about-national-conference/161967/
pls tell oshimole to concentrate in developing edo and leave jonathan alone. is jonathan responsible for kidnapping, extortion and misrule in edo?
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by chucky234(m): 7:20am On Oct 19, 2013
Billyonaire: Oshiomole, that's just your lame opinion, my opinion is different from yours. I need SNC.

Oshiomole ought to know at his age that employment generation is principally private sector driven and Government can only create an atmosphere that promotes employment generation and not be seen carrying baggage of employment and saddled with recurring expenses from non-productive workforce.

I still believe that Oshiomole is not just ugly, he is getting sillier as other APC mosquitoes.
Hmmm GEJ's house boy yabbing nonsense as usual, what enabling atmosphere has GEJ created to promotes employment generation driven by the private sector as you dumbly stated.
The fact that GEJ is clueless is an open secret, keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 19, 2013
Billyonaire: Oshiomole, that's just your lame opinion, my opinion is different from yours. I need SNC.

Oshiomole ought to know at his age that employment generation is principally private sector driven and Government can only create an atmosphere that promotes employment generation and not be seen carrying baggage of employment and saddled with recurring expenses from non-productive workforce.

I still believe that Oshiomole is not just ugly, he is getting sillier as other APC mosquitoes.
thank you very much oshomo-ole is a noise
making gov. always seeking attention.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by moobbie: 7:20am On Oct 19, 2013
Nigeria Newspaper Headlines 19|10|13 #/499lKf
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Sajio(m): 7:21am On Oct 19, 2013
[quote author=prov10:29]Jonathan is laying ground work for 2015. Politicians are early strategizers. This is what happens when a man has no plan[/quote.... Sir don't u think u contradicted ur sentence?? Gej doesn't have PLAN but has STRATEGIES? Am confuse here! Whts de difference between d 2words
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Deiok(m): 7:22am On Oct 19, 2013
Our leaders like too much talk without action. May God help us all.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Sajio(m): 7:23am On Oct 19, 2013
[quote author=prov10:29]Jonathan is laying ground work for 2015. Politicians are early strategizers. This is what happens when a man has no plan[/quote....

Sir don't u think u contradicted ur sentence?? Gej doesn't have PLAN but has STRATEGIES? Am confuse here! Whts de difference between d 2words
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by willibounce: 7:23am On Oct 19, 2013
See them making noise abt NC/SNC. Most naija ppl are senseless, even d highly educated ones. Little wonder we can hardly do anything on our own without the help of the white men.

Most of the ppl shouting SNC/NC do not even know who their LG chairman is, let alone councillors. Some don't even knw their ward or d local govt they fall under. Any smal probs they have, they blame d president.

How can ppl who don't understnd wat democracy is be talkin abt SNC/NC. 70% of nigerians are illiterate who only think of hustling, eating, sleepin and praying 4 miracle. When u tel dem to hold their leaders responsible, they are quick to say ' God go judge them'. SNC/NC is not wat u black monkeys need. U nid to use ur brains.
No governor/LG chairman or president is doing u any favour. Stop singing their praises and force dem to do their jobs by giving dem hard tackles.

Will SNC/NC stop dem from stealing ur money?

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Smooyis(m): 7:28am On Oct 19, 2013
luvinhubby: Oshiomhole is talking like a typical Nigerian politician that he has been. If youth unemployment is his headache, let him bring it as an agenda to the conference, saying that Nigeria does not need to discuss how we have to live together if we have to, and move forward as a country, what responsibilities and benefits belongs to anybody, if any at all, who should be living at whose expense and what belongs to who should not be discussed in Nigeria is an irresponsible vocal excretion by Adams.
WE NIGERIANS NEED TO TALK AND THAT, NOW !
Abeg. Talk that is not final. Our corrupt legislators will still have to vet it. Which kind sense be dat. Adams is on point. If GEJ and the past leaders have governed us well, there would be no need of a National Conference. They should stop wasting our time and resources on frivolous expedition, and do what is right. God dey!
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Sajio(m): 7:29am On Oct 19, 2013
Among all he(Oshie) mentioned will not yield anything long benefits but a temporal one less there's One-Nigeria,Unity and Love among us! Not until a Yoruba Man believes what he built in delta is for all Nigerians vice-vicer, eg, Delta Steel company came up again and died up withing the 8yrs baba ruled!! It didn't last long because there was no love instead selfishness/greed took it all! All the amentioned will follow if the National Dialogue succeeds!! They should allow Gej †̥ give it a try joor!!....... What effort has Oshie made †̥ reduce unemployment in his state?
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by MagicBishop: 7:34am On Oct 19, 2013
Smooyis: Our corrupt legislators will still have to vet it.

No they don't. The contentious issues will be slated for a popular vote as in a referendum.

The SNC is meant to re-address the flaws inherent in the imposed constitution.

The Constitution is not drafted or amended solely by the senate.

Check out the opening paragraph of the Constitution wherein it states:

We the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Having firmly and solemnly resolve, to live in unity and harmony as one indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God, dedicated to the promotion of inter-African solidarity, world peace, international co-operation and understanding

And to provide for a Constitution for the purpose of promoting the good government and welfare of all persons in our country, on the principles of freedom, equality and justice, and for the purpose of consolidating the unity of our people

Do hereby make, enact and give to ourselves the following Constitution:[/center]

It did not say the senate but the people of Nigeria. The constitution is for the people by the people!
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by rman: 7:35am On Oct 19, 2013
JONATHANS CONFERENCE IS NOT A '' SOVERIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE '', HE TERMED IT '' NATIONAL CONFERENCE '' AND MAJORITY OF THOSE AGAINST IT WANTS ''A SOVERIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE ''.

WE HAVE HAD NATIONAL CONFERENCES BEFORE AND THEIR RECOMMENDATIONS WERE NOT IMPLEMENTED. THOSE AGAINST THIS ONE HAVE VERY GOOD REASONS FOR THEIR OPPOSITION.

LETS THROW SENTIMENTS OUT, WHAT MAKES THIS ONE DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHERS DONE BEFORE?
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 19, 2013
sesanrota:

You don't know me and am not speaking for myself alone...
Everybody can't be an entrepreneur as it will choked up the system and are you telling me is every entrepreneur that is successful?
why do we have different trades and disciplines....
The fact is Govt isn't doing enough and the population is increasing daily and instead of thinking aggressively towards this direction, the reverse is the case, the comrade is only trying to let the Government know where needs to be prioritized for now instead of frivolous spending
Is the federal govt the only tier of government? There are 3 tiers of government.
What have your state done to employ you? What have Your LGA done to help you?
People are waging their stinking mouth because Jonathan is a good man.
The problem of Nigeria is the group of so called progressives. What course have they help progressed?
How many of you Anti-jonathan youths here have questioned your governors about the allocation of your state? Or don't you know that your governor and LGA chairman have the responsibility to provide jobs for you as provided for in the monthly allocation given to them?
These APC governors are busy bribbing labour, Assu ane the rest not to call of the strike. Boy shine your eyes and don't let that APC failled empire deceive you.
One Love Nigeria.
Fresh air blowing!

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by ethicalUser(m): 7:38am On Oct 19, 2013
lygn19:
What re they graduating out of school for...
So if d govt doesn't give d graduates job they re useless,
Let they try other options like entrepreneurship...
I am not up to 35, but I am a self made millionaire, I am proud to be my own boss. And I think u shud do d same...
All dz jobs question is really annoying.
At least u have the capital to start with in the first place consider others who don't have
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by MagicBishop: 7:39am On Oct 19, 2013
rman: JONATHANS CONFERENCE IS NOT A '' SOVERIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE '', HE TERMED IT '' NATIONAL CONFERENCE '' AND MAJORITY OF THOSE AGAINST IT WANTS ''A SOVERIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE ''.

WE HAVE HAD NATIONAL CONFERENCES BEFORE AND THEIR RECOMMENDATIONS WERE NOT IMPLEMENTED. THOSE AGAINST THIS ONE HAVE VERY GOOD REASONS FOR THEIR OPPOSITION.

LETS THROW SENTIMENTS OUT, WHAT MAKES THIS ONE DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHERS DONE BEFORE?

Semantics aside, a National conference will address issues patterning to the country as a whole while a sovereign conference will only address the political structure that binds us as one Nation.

A National conference is thus all encompassing.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by lordibem(m): 7:40am On Oct 19, 2013
lygn19:
The Nigerian system we have been practising aint right at all, that's y I believe that der shud be a national conference.
Reason y I am in support of dz conference is because of some injustices. In one of d area where I do business they have dz attitude whereby, its only non-indegenes who pay tax, because of dz der unnecessary tax and levies, it makes competition hard for me because, sm of the ppl am competing with that don't pay tax easily reduce there price and dz poses as a problem to me.
I want them to know d difference between a citizen and an indegene and d rights we re entitled to.
my dear what are you even saying. Dont be self centred. Will you be at the snc,if it is convocked. These selfish and insensitive leaders are more interestd in their individual and cabal gains. That is the major reason they are calling for that snc. Is it part of the core responsibility of govt to creat employment? Graces are not the same and is not everybody that can afford capital n opportunity to be self employed. After stressful and painful years in the university. Who doesent want to be his/her own boss. Please be considerate and generalised in your reasoning and judgement. Everybody cannot be lucky like you. I love Gej, but i think Edo gov has a point. There is a disturbing rate of unemployment, and our so called selfish leaders are busy politiking. I cant wait to see the eruption of revolution.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Eureka007: 7:44am On Oct 19, 2013
Am just tired,,,,pls akpos get me my vissa,,
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by sesanrota(m): 7:50am On Oct 19, 2013
Balkan: you mus ba a lazy man and very sure you are a Yoruba man. You better think of how to be an employer of labour than being an employee of labour. Govt. does not have biz in giving you Job.
You comment shows your level of upbringing which is a sad one, You can make a comment without being insultive and Tribalism, i think the internet should have age restriction

Employer of Labour...if everybody is an employer of labour....then who are the Labour

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Segedinho(m): 7:51am On Oct 19, 2013

U r onpoint...osho is v good at mouth.action ...i hate dat man...he hs stripped okada men 4m their livelihoods,no palliative,he destroy our homes no compensations,no good roads even at ringroad,,,abt 7difrent uniform men colleting revenue n dat was exatly wt he promised 2 eradicate,,he wnt 2 sell edo house 2 build 5star hotel,wen he is yet 2 complete central hotel n drainages.........dat man is a wolf n sheep skin..... gbam
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 19, 2013
Politics can really change a man, cos atimes I do sit down to wonder if this is still d same Adams of NLC *smh*

Its funny sometimes how people talk and dnt listen to themselves, the very same oshiomole that said to Jonathan: Forget About National Conference''
is still the same oshiomole listing topics he wants for dialogue by the said conference he is against.
''What I want is a
national dialogue on unemployment.
I mean, how to get our young people
back to work.
“I want a national conference on how
we can prohibit importation of some
goods and ensure that Nigerians
consume made in Nigeria products.
"I want a national conference on how
we can revive the Ikeja industrial
base, the Apapa industrial base, the
Isolo industries, the Bompai and
Sharandi industries in Kano, how Aba
and Delta textiles can be revived.
“You know the whole industries in
Kano produced me.
OR did GEJ term these aforementioned areas by oshiomole as ''NO GO AREA''?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by gracy83: 7:57am On Oct 19, 2013
The earlier they sees the youth as leaders of tomorrow , the better for our nation.who will govern us tomorrow?
Maybe they will remain in power for eternity or rule from the grave.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 19, 2013
Opposition Political Party doesnt necessary mean Opposing Every Productive and/or Positive Policy of a Ruling Party. Beko Ransome Kuti from the NADECO days clamoured for Sovereign National Conference but it was never granted till we lost that great mind to death.

Gani Fawehinmi, a detribalized Nigerian from the Great Yoruba Dynasty, a real Yoruba DNA (not these adulterated yorubas with frog-eyes) clamoured for SNC, till we lost him to death. That was a real SAN, a freedom fighter for all Nigerian Youths, a voice of the voiceless, a defender of the masses. We lost a rare gem, I wont forget Gani. This great mind (RIP) clamoured for SNC till his death, and no President during his lifetime accepted to host a SNC to iron out the imbalance militating against Nigeria and Nigerians, one of which is massive youth Employment that an id-iotic ugly Fight-for-my-pocket, bribe-taking former NLC leader who was known for taking bribes and suspending strikes in his era is talking about. This is one man we thought could understand the masses, cos he represented Labour, but the moment good people of Edo State saddled him with responsibility of Governing them, he performed on the first term, just to be endorsed by the King and his kindreds, this second term, he has shown his true Chameleon Color. Oshiomole dines with enemies of Progress and has been initiated into the "Pull Him Down Cult" called APC.

The Souls of Gani Fawehinmi and Ransome Kuti will guide us intelligent Nigerians with patriotism to keep truth above the noises of distractions from the fraudulent politicians in State Houses, and true patriots shall rally around the little positive fragments of this country of our birth.

Federal Government , State Government and Local Governments have sharing formular for our Revenue; These Revenue are Shared based on these formula to Federal, States and Local Governments, YET, States do NOTHING with their allocations. Local Governements do NOTHING with their allocations except formulating policies and constructing cheap projects AS MERE CONDUITS FOR MONEY LAUNDERING AND FRAUD but Expect Federal Government to DO ALL AND GENERATE EMPLOYMENT FOR ALL NIGERIANS from her own allocation.

One Day na One Day, I wont say more. This is not a threat, this is a guarantee.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by theshadyexpress(m): 8:00am On Oct 19, 2013
Demdem:

This is the key. Any conference whose decisions will still be reviewed by NASS is a waste of time. Jonathan proposed NC decisions won't be binding on NASS so Osho is right in terming it waste of time.
if you are not a fool you will know that any conference whatsoever must have the backing of NASS.even if there is to be a referendum it still needs NASS backing by way of constitution review to provide for referendum which is currently not in the constitution .nothing can be done without the backing of the constitution and right now SNC is unlawful.be more informed before speaking you demented fool of magnanimous proportions.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by apostle007(m): 8:00am On Oct 19, 2013

Nothing in the article indicates Oshiomole wanted the Federal Government to directly employ the youths. In fact he was urging the government to do as you suggested, "...create an atmosphere that promotes employment generation.... And yet you called him silly!

Clerverly:

“I want a national conference on how we can prohibit importation of some goods and ensure that Nigerians consume made in Nigeria products.

"I want a national conference on how we can revive the Ikeja industrial base, the Apapa industrial base, the Isolo industries, the Bompai and Sharandi industries in Kano, how Aba and Delta textiles can be revived.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Agimor(m): 8:01am On Oct 19, 2013
Tecno p3 for sale for an affordable price of just 10k.I base in delta state,Warri to be precise.you can call me on 07036157858.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Werehkpe: 8:02am On Oct 19, 2013
sesanrota:

You don't know me and am not speaking for myself alone...
Everybody can't be an entrepreneur as it will choked up the system and are you telling me is every entrepreneur that is successful?
why do we have different trades and disciplines....
The fact is Govt isn't doing enough and the population is increasing daily and instead of thinking aggressively towards this direction, the reverse is the case, the comrade is only trying to let the Government know where needs to be prioritized for now instead of frivolous spending

Ideally govt is meant to provide an enabling environment for job creation. Which the private sector ideally should capitalize on. Abi u wan govt to bring a job to your door step?

Banking and telecoms employ the most presently NOT GOVT. Fact is govt will ALWAYS have limited spaces for employment. So best option is entrepreneurship. Need I add that about 70% of the US economy is based on entrepreneurship not govt jobs.

Dont be scared (thats everyone's big problem). TAKE THE CALCULATED RISK and do something for yourself rather than waiting for govt to DO SOMETHING FOR YOU.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Ubenedictus(m): 8:04am On Oct 19, 2013
obailala: I have asked this same question countless times... What is this whole sovereign national conference all about??... it doesn't take much more than common sense to know that an SNC will simply end in a brawl??.. and afterwards, a committee will be set-up to review the findings of the SNC committee indefinitely

I think all GEJ needs to do is to arrest and lock up some top shots for corruption and that will automatically instill fear in other leaders... Nigeria simply needs to nip impunity in the bud and everything else will fly on autopilot

now i remember achebe book 'there was a country', he clearly said nigeria's idea of an snc is simply a good thought with very bad implementation, it is a good thing to attempt a dialogue on moving nigeria forward, but just like obj's nc this snc is simply a forum for political leaders and govt functionaries to eat and drink at nigerias expense.
It is another case of good objective and bad implementation at the expense of the national cofers.
If gej trully want a snc let him engage nigerian thru the media.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Werehkpe: 8:05am On Oct 19, 2013
lygn19:
What re they graduating out of school for...
So if d govt doesn't give d graduates job they re useless,
Let they try other options like entrepreneurship...
I am not up to 35, but I am a self made millionaire, I am proud to be my own boss. And I think u shud do d same...
All dz jobs question is really annoying.

pally leave them. Make dem de wait for govt to bring job to their door step. dem go just die of starvation. U think if Linda Ikeji, Basket Mouth, I go Die etc or the likes of Konga and Jumia waited for govt, they will be who they are today?

Better sharp up and start something for yourself ooooooooooo
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by phaat(m): 8:05am On Oct 19, 2013
Bossforeva: Mtcheew! How i wish this post above will change the fact that the guy that repaired my computer, didn't backup my numerous files before formating it.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 19, 2013
theshadyexpress:
if you are not a fool you will know that any conference whatsoever must have the backing of NASS.even if there is to be a referendum it still needs NASS backing by way of constitution review to provide for referendum which is currently not in the constitution .nothing can be done without the backing of the constitution and right now SNC is unlawful.be more informed before speaking you demented fool of magnanimous proportions.

My good friend, we have all learnt to ignore the f00l behind the monika "DemDem", that owner of that monika is a demented persona non grata. No matter how positive a news is from the Federal Government, he will always find a way to misguide the young minds who come to this forum to gain awareness and get educated on principled politics. Ignore Demdem, he is a demented case. Thanks if you will.
Re: Oshiomhole To Jonathan: Forget About National Conference by Liverpoolfc(m): 8:06am On Oct 19, 2013
PapaBrowne: Oshiomole is my Governor and I respect his efforts at road construction in Edo State.

But I am here wondering why he hasn't set up his own conference on youth unemployment. Edo State is riddled with a massive amount of unemployed youth doing little or nothing despite the fact that the state is blessed with so much potential in various areas.

Edo State has about the highest amount of Nigerians in Diaspora per capita in Nigeria.
Oshiomole should be holding/organizing in Milan, Frankfurt, Atlanta, Montreal, London, Houston and the other cities populated by Edo globally to see how they can come back home and set up factories that would employ the teeming youth.

Oshiomole should be organizing to see how the huge agricultural opportunities in his state are harnessed to create jobs for the huge swaths of unemployed.

Oshiomole should be organizing to see how IT hubs could be started in Benin City so the youths can replace their crave for yahoo yahoo and replace it with a crave for coding/programming.

Oshiomole should focus on his own enclave and allow other people work on theirs. The way he spoke you'll think the unemployment rate in Edo state is amongst the best in the world. Edo has so much competitive advantage with regards to economic development that havent been harnessed.

guy God bless your papa, you hv written my mind. I am from Edo state, oshio should not talk about unemployment bc he has not employed the youth in my state esp graduates. I know he employed some primary sch and some secondary sch lever wch he pay 10k per month. Oshio is somebody cleans the outside but leave the inside dirty just to be praised by men. However I must say he is better than Lucky igbenedion but not osunbor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

IPOB Women Storm The Streets Of Abakiliki, Ebonyi State. Photos / Samuel Ortom Wins Re-election As Benue Governor / Tinubu Congratulate Oyetola, Says Light Prevailed Over Darkness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.