Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,395 members, 7,958,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:27 AM

Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking (13629 Views)

Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges / Buhari Fires CSO For ‘Leaking’ Itinerary To Diezani - TheCable / Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by Underground: 11:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
This morning at the departure lounge while awaiting Virgin Atlantic flight out to London.

Should we chalk this down as An Act of God?

5 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by thoth: 12:49am On Oct 19, 2013
It will be really long till Nigerians understand what is happening at them.

27 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by iterator25: 5:55am On Oct 19, 2013
Stella must go
Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:23am On Oct 19, 2013
iterator25: Stella must go
jonathan won't sack his mistress!

17 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by Goddex: 6:32am On Oct 19, 2013
Liars on the prowl. First, it did not rain yesterday.
Except the rain only fell on MMIA roof and did not get to neighboring Ajao Estate where I stay.

23 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 19, 2013
Utterly disgraceful. The contractor(s) should be probed ASAP!
Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by kokoA(m): 6:39am On Oct 19, 2013
Its definitely an act of God. The minister has no power over the rains, what could she have done to stop the rain from dropping from the skies? This rain was created by rain makers among her numerous critics just to ridicule her! This has to be thoroughly investigated.

15 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 19, 2013
Lol! Has it gotten to this? Leaked roofs at the airport? shocked

Watch out for passengers using umbrellas inside the lounge soon. This is a national embarrassment! cry

3 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 19, 2013
kokoA: Its definitely an act of God. The minister has no power over the rains, what could she have done to stop the rain from dropping from the skies? This rain was created by rain makers among her numerous critics just to ridicule her! This has to be thoroughly investigated.
A committee would be set up to look into that

11 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by awodman: 6:51am On Oct 19, 2013
Was the contractor paid the full cost of this project?..if yes he should be sanctioned appropriately..if no,the relevant stakeholders in the aviation ministry should be made to face the music...

3 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by talktimi(m): 6:53am On Oct 19, 2013
Yes, pancake queen Stella is at fault. I actually saw her going up the roof with a hammer to burst that spot. #evilbitch

11 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by Gistboy: 6:54am On Oct 19, 2013
How are you sure that the roof is actually leaking? maybe the op just made up the story to tarnish the image of our dear minister. moreover if the roof is leaking, the contractor should be blamed
Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by LajaLaba: 6:58am On Oct 19, 2013
Forget about Nigeria.....
Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 19, 2013
Underground: This morning at the departure lounge while awaiting Virgin Atlantic flight out to London.

Should we chalk this down as An Act of God?

Bros abeg did it rain yesterday around ikeja airport? I was @ ojota throughout and nothing like rain there.Abeg people close to the airport should confirm if it rained yesterday

6 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 19, 2013
talktimi: Yes, pancake queen Stella is at fault. I actually saw her going up the roof with a hammer to burst that spot. #evilbitch
Una no go kill pesin with laughter grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by Symphony007: 7:09am On Oct 19, 2013
They want to build an airport in every nigerian city but can't maintain a simple roof at the nation's flagship airport...what an embarrasment. Fresh air folks.

1 Like

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 19, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros abeg did it rain yesterday around ikeja airport? I was @ ojota throughout and nothing like rain there.Abeg people close to the airport should confirm if it rained yesterday
Are you trying to say someone purposely put some containers on the floor and took pictures claiming the roof of the airport is leaking? I don't understand o!

12 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by gameboy727(m): 7:21am On Oct 19, 2013
berem: Are you trying to say someone purposely put some containers on the floor and took pictures claiming the roof of the airport is leaking? I don't understand o!
Its possible. Or those buckets were left by the cleaners there.

4 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 19, 2013
berem: Are you trying to say someone purposely put some containers on the floor and took pictures claiming the roof of the airport is leaking? I don't understand o!

Where u stay in lagos did it rain yesterday? I say this because ojota no too far from the airport did not experience rain yesterday morning

1 Like

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by RoyalRoy(m): 7:27am On Oct 19, 2013

Don't mind the bloody government apologists.
Weather it rained in Lagos ystday or not I wouldn't know.

But this same shameful view was exactly what I saw when I flew into the country some weeks ago.
Buckets and containers at the arrival while just disembarking from the plane. I felt so ashamed that I could barely talk.

This is definitely the worst down low my nation can go in terms of infrastructure decay.

Yet they claim they spent billions on rehabilitation?

Shame on this administration

18 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by boneruns(m): 7:29am On Oct 19, 2013
No rain yesterday at ikeja. I work closer to the airport, I passed through the MMIA yesterday and there was no sign of rain.

Pls OP, tell us what time it rained.

10 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 19, 2013
gameboy727: Its possible. Or those buckets were left by the cleaners there.
Really? undecided
Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by mayorall(m): 7:30am On Oct 19, 2013
Power, epileptic fresh air
Education, ASUU strike fresh air
Aviation, act of God fresh air
Security, Boko-haram fresh air.

FRESH AIR IS REALLY BLOWING.

1 Like

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by ballabriggs: 7:32am On Oct 19, 2013
But that is the story of the MMIA, I am surprise you all are shocked to know this. I was there a few weeks ago and nothing had changed, it is a complete mess. The roofs were leaking, the floor was wet, everywhere smelt damp, you had to queue for minutes to get a trolley, only one conveyor belt was being used even though 4 flights arrived at a time, had to wait for so long to get my bag, the immigration and customs desk is a big mess. I told someone at the airport that with this type of airport, no one visiting this country will take us serious. Few days later a plane crash occurred. Worst was that the place was not properly lit from the tarmac to the terminal. What does it take to properly light a public place if not that these people are extremely stupid. The car park is a complete mess and they are not ashamed to take parking fees from people for such a horrible car park.

2 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 19, 2013
Royal Roy:

Don't mind the bloody government apologists.
Weather it rained in Lagos ystday or not I wouldn't know.

But this same shameful view was exactly what I saw when I flew into the country some weeks ago.
Buckets and containers at the arrival while just disembarking from the plane. I felt so ashamed that I could barely talk.

This is definitely the worst down low a nation can go on terms of infrastructure decay.
Yet they claim they spent billions on rehabilitation.

Shame on this administration
na wa o! An airport which has barely undergone rehabilitation already has leaked roofs? This is not funny o! Too bad!

I wonder what would be the same with Enugu Airport in some months to come.

1 Like

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by lacicrips(m): 7:37am On Oct 19, 2013
Stop being mischievous. Even if that did happen recently which I highly doubt, who's supposed to be blamed for it? Did your minister supervise the job? Everyone has their responsibilities in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by gregg2: 7:45am On Oct 19, 2013
Goddex: Liars on the prowl. First, it did not rain yesterday. Except the rain only fell on MMIA roof and did not get to Ajao Estate where I stay.

Maybe it's an old picture. You know, these guys are very mischievous. They can recycle pictures or even photoshop to spread their mischief.

6 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by gregg2: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2013
lacicrips: Stop being mischievous. Even if that did happen recently which I highly doubt, who's supposed to be blamed for it? Did your minister supervise the job? Everyone has their responsibilities in Nigeria.

I wonder oh bros. What is FAAN Managing Director doing? That is his responsibility.
Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 19, 2013
Nigerians just have bad mentality.they just love to criticise and will rather pray for the failure of any government no matter how good the govt is if they do not belong or support the ruling party.
This is no proof that the ceiling is leaking;but even if it is leaking,what is the airport management doing about it?what stops them from getting someone or a good carpenter to correct the problem perhaps just by changing the roofing sheet at point of leakage with new ones?it won't cost anything because its just a minor repair.if the airport management has decided to leave these minor repairs for the minister,then of what use are they in the airport?the management of the airport deserves to be queried if it is true that the roof is leaking.they can't just keep quiet to embarass the minister with issues like leaking roof,they have to show what effort or measures were taken to correct the problem.the airport staff are the ones who work at the airport 7 days a week not the minister.

20 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by ballabriggs: 8:02am On Oct 19, 2013
chima12: Nigerians just have bad mentality.they just love to criticise and will rather pray for the failure of any government no matter how good the govt is if they do not belong or support the ruling party.
This is no proof that the ceiling is leaking;but even if it is leaking,what is the airport management doing about it?what stops them from getting someone or a good carpenter to correct the problem perhaps just by changing the roofing sheet at point of leakage with new ones?it won't cost anything because its just a minor repair.if the airport management has decided to leave these minor repairs for the minister,then of what use are they in the airport?the management of the airport deserves to be queried if it is true that the roof is leaking.they can't just keep quiet to embarass the minister with issues like leaking roof,they have to show what effort or measures were taken to correct the problem.the airport staff are the ones who work at the airport 7 days a week not the minister.

Extremely daft to say Nigerians love to criticise. Should I give a British man, a typical 'moaner'? Nigerians are not any different humans. They want the best, they want to continually improve. That which you call 'criticism' is people seeking ways to continually improve. Developing a questioning attitude and asking "why" is a basic of continous improvement.

There is nothing unusual about having a leaky roof. You see these things after completion of projects. However, what do you do to resolve the situation is the issue. I was there few weeks back and nothing has changed as this photo shows. One is thus forced to ask "why".

14 Likes

Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 19, 2013
I don't think this is the responsibility of the FAAN md,the faan md just like the minister cannot be at all the airports at thesame time.this is the responsibility of the airport manager,controller or whatever title they go by.
gregg2:

I wonder oh bros. What is FAAN Managing Director doing? That is his responsibility.
Re: Renovated MMIA Roof Already Leaking by dridowu: 8:03am On Oct 19, 2013
FG : I guess APC and co sent their pple to break the roofs so that it can leak

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MEND Threatens To Attack Republic Of Benin Over Asari-Dokubo's Arrest / FG Seeks Temporary Forfeiture Of Ekweremadu’s ‘hidden Assets’ / Zamfara Businessman And PDP Chieftain, Danguruf Dumps Atiku For Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.