Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping (9085 Views)

Position Of Nigerian Law For Biafra / Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping / US Considers Special Residency Law For Victor Sopuruchi Chukwueke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by dayokanu(m): 1:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
DerideGull:

The kidnappers have reached Edo State from the region known as the birth place of Gbomogbomo. I urge you to concentrate on skirts as usual.

We all know the place where a whole state was locked down for kidnapping Dendemorron that a whole bus of school children was Osisikankwued, I hope you sef no dey plan to enter that line of business

Oshiomole no dey look Uche face even he no dey look Dende face

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by write2obi(m): 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
Death penalty? And what happens to your likes that loath billions of naira every day?, No evil doer will ever go unpunished!
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by donphilopus: 2:01pm On Oct 19, 2013
nchewi: Bullshit!!! SMH for all of u who think Death penalty 4 kidnapping is cool. Wait till an innocent person gets framed up n killed. This law will make kidnappers more ruthless.
Just try and come to my place and kidnap.. You'll know we the Edolites are not joking, except the Kinnapper is not caught
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by Positiveminds(m): 2:24pm On Oct 19, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
Does the law apply to those who do not harm their victims?!

what about those that kidnap their loved ones just to extort money from them?!

In my opinion, death penalty is not suitable for these kindof offences.

I have always known you to be a malignant kidnapper. Keep off Edo state .
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by DerideGull(m): 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2013
dayokanu:

We all know the place where a whole state was locked down for kidnapping Dendemorron that a whole bus of school children was Osisikankwued, I hope you sef no dey plan to enter that line of business

Oshiomole no dey look Uche face even he no dey look Dende face

We also know the places where skirts can not walk the street without being kidnapped. If it is not the wife of the speaker of state house of assembly or commissioner, it certainly will be a lady presenter at TV station.
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by Damysa(f): 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2013
Arosa: Death penalty is not a deterrent to crime. undecided
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
LOL. Oshiomole is just playing the politician as usual.
Very soon, he will also claim that most of the cultists in Edo state are not from Edo state. They are from the neighbouring states. Or is it not the same Edo state I know and visit very well?
The same place where teenagers are already cultists, possess guns and different weapons and are doing one charm or the other to protect themselves? The same place where being a "hard-guy" is something to boast about? Especially Benin.
Common. Tell me what breeds crime more than idleness and love for vice.
The good governor himself knows that when the death penalty is enforced, many of those caught will be Edo youths. He knows for sure.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by dayokanu(m): 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2013
DerideGull: We also know the places where skirts can not walk the street without being kidnapped. If it is not the wife of the speaker of state house of assembly or commissioner, it certainly will be a lady presenter at TV station.

Have you seen the region those who kidnapped the Speakers wife came from?

I can post their names for you
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by akpananiefiok(m): 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
http://HiredPay.com/?id=anifik a
friend just introduced me to this site
on how to make $10 every 30s.it real
just click on the link to see how it
work.it a quick way of making
money.don't miss dis chance!!!!!
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by fixmykey(m): 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2013
Yes I surport this wellcome. Burnt alive in a crimatorium
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by DerideGull(m): 5:01pm On Oct 19, 2013
dayokanu:

Have you seen the region those who kidnapped the Speakers wife came from?

I can post their names for you

Yes!!! They were from the western region of Nigeria. I lived in the region for considerable number of years, olodo.
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by dayokanu(m): 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
DerideGull:

Yes!!! They were from the western region of Nigeria. I lived in the region for considerable number of years, olodo.

Ogun State Commissioner of Police Ikemefuna Okoye yesterday narrated how Mrs. Muibat Salaam, wife of Osun State House of Assembly Speaker Najeem Salaam, was rescued from her abductors.

Mrs. Salaam was abducted last Tuesday in Ejigbo, Osun State, by gunmen.

She was rescued on Saturday in Ogunmakin, Obafemi Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State.

Speaking with reporters while parading the suspected kidnappers in Eleweran, the Command Headquarters, Okoye said members of the Vigilance Services of Ogun (VSO) noticed the suspicious movement of the kidnappers and their victim and alerted the police.

He said the Fidiwo Police Division deployed men of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) and plain-clothed policemen in the area, where the suspects were hiding in the bush.

Okoye said: “My men moved into the bush and engaged the suspects in a gun duel, killing one of them. Four were apprehended and the others ran away with bullet wounds.

“It was after we rescued the victim that she told us who she was. Let the record be set straight that the police carried out the rescue operation.”

[size=14pt]The suspects are Chukwuma Usifo (28), Chukwudi Okereke (25), Ogbole Elijah and Okonkwo Lucky (27).[/size]

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/how-we-rescued-osun-speakers-wife-by-ogun-cp/

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by seanet01: 5:27pm On Oct 19, 2013
[quote author=Arosa]Death penalty is not a deterrent to crime. undecided[/quote
To a certain extent, death penalty is a deterrent to criminality, have you ever wondered why Corruption in China is now low?
Death Penalty
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2013
Dendemorron how far, You no return?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by cold(m): 6:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
You don't want to die,don't kidnap. Simple as! Don't commit a crime & come lecture us on how the punishment is not proportionate to the crime. If you kidnap in Edo state & you're caught,prosecuted & convicted. You will be hanged! Perfect! I urge other states to follow suit
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by Italiano1: 6:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
cold: You don't want to die,don't kidnap. Simple as! Don't commit a crime & come lecture us on how the punishment is not proportionate to the crime. If you kidnap in Edo state & you're caught,prosecuted & convicted. You will be hanged! Perfect! I urge other states to follow suit

If some states in the land of the rising sun enact a similar law, it lead to the collapse of the second largest contributor to the GDP in alaibo, kidnapping is a multi -billion business in Japan of Africa

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by cKaiser: 6:28pm On Oct 19, 2013
Italiano1:

If some states in the land of the rising sun enact a similar law, it lead to the collapse of the second largest contributor to the GDP in alaibo, kidnapping is a multi -billion business in Japan of Africa

It may also lead to half of the population of adult male being on deathrow within 6 months.

Kidnapping is good business in that land. Hear from the horses mouth Peter Obi the Governor

[size=15pt]Obi insisted that Ndigbo were not and still not marginalised as claimed in some quarters. He said the Igbo were marginalising themselves . He lamented that it is only in Igboland that brothers and wives arrange kidnapping of their blood relations and spouses for money. [/size]

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/massob-members-under-fire-over-sit-at-home-protest/

No be me talk am, I am just quoting Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by Arosa(m): 6:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
seanet01: To a certain extent, death penalty is a deterrent to criminality, have you ever wondered why Corruption in China is now low? Death Penalty

That is not what I heard. lipsrsealed
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by dayokanu(m): 8:03pm On Oct 19, 2013
Dende how far
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by ProfessorPP(m): 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2013
Kudos to the state governor it's just a welcome development wink
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by Italiano1: 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2013
Professor PP: Kudos to the state governor it's just a welcome development wink

It is indeed a welcome development! It will help another Odua state combat the influx of kidnappers from alaibo

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by Revolva(m): 12:13am On Oct 20, 2013
story boiz still kidnapp aihokomu wife n two son for edo..omo boiz don sign life..thy no send again oo
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by kb83(m): 3:24am On Oct 20, 2013
D 1st people dat should get a death penalty in dis country are d politicians who are looting d nations resource.if dis resources d stole were used 4 developmental project der wont b kidnappin in d 1st place.oshomole u re wicked
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by Osedidi(m): 6:43am On Oct 20, 2013
[quote author=chemvic]! I await the day corruption will have the same penalty....!

I think death penalty for stealing of public fund is what we need now thereafter this can follow........I trust my naija politicians tie the people's hands and mouth while you continue to live above the law.
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by agohavivi(f): 6:44am On Oct 20, 2013
Delafruita: this law isnt just insane,its unnecessary.laws cannot be made on the basis of sentiments.its true kidnapping is a serious crime but its insane to kill people when they dont kill peopple or in any way lead to the death of another.if a kidnapping is accompanied by a murder than thats a different issue.but applauding a law that takes a life when none was taken is the height of ludicrity.
Are you aware that many atimes these kidnappers collect ransom yet go ahead to kill their victims? Families of some victims have to sell their properties and borrow so much without hope of replacement in other to meet up with the kidnappers deadline. The most annoying thimg is that the success rate of kidnapping is now so high. In my own opinion, all other states should adopt the law and same should apply for terrorists/boko haram.
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by globatop: 6:51am On Oct 20, 2013
It is easier to pass law to protect the looters. Are looters not hardened criminals too. Looters are murderers. Death penalty should be passed on looters. Food for thought. Politicians sat on national resources, Civil servant milk the masses thru multiple taxations and unnecessary policies, what is police Biometric CMR, why should I replace my number plate, the not kind hearthed resort to crime, that is vicious circle.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by otokx(m): 7:16am On Oct 20, 2013
geesilver: So now ℓ̊ guess ℓ̊ can invite my white dude to warri, for a street walk without fear of being kidnap sinnce its dealth pk for any one caught.

Warri is not in Edo state
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by born2boink(m): 8:00am On Oct 20, 2013
The looters are those persons that spearhead other criminal, when you are looting, you are stealing from everyone and making life hard for the society, if people aren't looting from the past, the rate of poverty will be low, even food won't be problem to the society, the government stole from every single nigerian, they stole even from the kidnappers. See why people say, US citizen are not hungry people in their state and hence reducing hardening their citizens to reduce criminals but in case of nigeria, our government everything, no good roads, no stable electricity, people work many hours for token amount and the tax people paid are not utilise appropriately by this top government criminals. The begging of Niger Delta start from recruiting poor to fight, same for boko harams and same for kidnappers, even robbers is on increase, without reducing hunger, crimes can never be reduce. An hungry man is an angry man
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death-Penalty Law For Kidnapping by Damianking(m): 8:55am On Oct 20, 2013
olatade: EDO State governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has signed into law the “Kidnapping Prohibition Law 2009” as recently amended by the Edo State House of Assembly.
The law prescribes death penalty for anyone who is involved in any form of kidnapping in the state.
Oshiomhole while appending his signature to the Bill yesterday in Benin said, “That as reluctant as one would want to be in matters of life and death, I am convinced that the overriding public interest now dictates that we invoke the maximum penalty available in our law to all those involved in the act of kidnapping. Anyone sentenced and convicted; I will sign the death warrant”

“But criminals have a choice to abstain from criminality, abstain from kidnapping, abstain from killing so that they in turn can live and enjoy the good things of life”, just as he insisted that those who argued that the problem of kidnapping came from unemployment should not simplify a very complex issue as kidnappers do not have state of origin and they were migrants and do not respect neither state, national or international boundaries.
He assured Edo people that everything was being done to ensure that security agencies put in place a comprehensive network that would ensure effective policing of the various security flash points across the state.
“I am convinced that all of us in the three arms of government, that is, the Legislative, the Executive and the Judiciary do have a responsibility to make laws and enforce those laws in a way that will send clear signals to those involved in various acts of criminality be they kidnappers, murderers, rapists and whoever they are that the security agencies are now much more determined than ever before to ensure that this state becomes too hot for criminals to operate”
“I am aware from reports of those who have been arrested over the period that the overwhelming majority of these criminals are migrant criminals who came from neighboring states and sometimes from far away states to perpetrate various crimes in EdoState and escaped back to their states across the country”
“I want to assure the good people of Edo state that the government is concerned with the state of kidnapping. We share the pains, agony and trauma which the victims of kidnap and other violent crimes are subjected to or experienced”, adding that everything was being done to keep the criminals in check.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/oshiomhole-signs-death-penalty-law-kidnapping/
angry
olatade: EDO State governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has signed into law the “Kidnapping Prohibition Law 2009” as recently amended by the Edo State House of Assembly.
The law prescribes death penalty for anyone who is involved in any form of kidnapping in the state.
Oshiomhole while appending his signature to the Bill yesterday in Benin said, “That as reluctant as one would want to be in matters of life and death, I am convinced that the overriding public interest now dictates that we invoke the maximum penalty available in our law to all those involved in the act of kidnapping. Anyone sentenced and convicted; I will sign the death warrant”

“But criminals have a choice to abstain from criminality, abstain from kidnapping, abstain from killing so that they in turn can live and enjoy the good things of life”, just as he insisted that those who argued that the problem of kidnapping came from unemployment should not simplify a very complex issue as kidnappers do not have state of origin and they were migrants and do not respect neither state, national or international boundaries.
He assured Edo people that everything was being done to ensure that security agencies put in place a comprehensive network that would ensure effective policing of the various security flash points across the state.
“I am convinced that all of us in the three arms of government, that is, the Legislative, the Executive and the Judiciary do have a responsibility to make laws and enforce those laws in a way that will send clear signals to those involved in various acts of criminality be they kidnappers, murderers, rapists and whoever they are that the security agencies are now much more determined than ever before to ensure that this state becomes too hot for criminals to operate”
“I am aware from reports of those who have been arrested over the period that the overwhelming majority of these criminals are migrant criminals who came from neighboring states and sometimes from far away states to perpetrate various crimes in EdoState and escaped back to their states across the country”
“I want to assure the good people of Edo state that the government is concerned with the state of kidnapping. We share the pains, agony and trauma which the victims of kidnap and other violent crimes are subjected to or experienced”, adding that everything was being done to keep the criminals in check.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/oshiomhole-signs-death-penalty-law-kidnapping/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). / El-Rufai Breaks Fast With Islamic Clerics / FJSC Recommends Justice Onnoghen For Appointment As CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.