Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria (3481 Views)

Is Abia State Really Worse Than Ebonyi State Of South-east...argue With Facts / Ex-Governor T.A Orji Booed In Abia - The Sun / Why Is Abia God's Own State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by conyema12(m): 8:03am On Oct 19, 2013
I went to Aba yesterday I could not believe rate of decay. Why will the government be this callous to its citizens. Are these people not paying their taxes or what.
These snapshots was taken along port harcourt road, and I also know there are even worse roads like faulks road, uratha, ngwa road, obohia road.
Pls nairalanders living in these places should just help us the pictures of these places. This will enable us truly know the position of things.
Thank you.

Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by geeez: 8:23am On Oct 19, 2013
It's not the worst

State of Emergency is worse grin

BTW, why post pictures of the bad areas. Have you seen pics of OUK's mansion? Isn't it in Abia?

Abeg quit player hating

3 Likes

Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by bloggernaija: 8:28am On Oct 19, 2013
That is bad.really bad .
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 19, 2013
My brother, if there's any word stronger than worst, that is what abia is. I live in aba and I can tell you that the infrastural decay is the least of our worries. Is it the constant intimidation? The truckloads of tax, comission and all manner of levies. The kidanpping? The deciet?

Its only in abia that an army office would command a guy, in broad daylight, to pull out a girls breast in public and massage it. What is her crime? Because, according to them, she was packing her breast.

We need a state of emergency to be declared in aba. The wosrt part is that the residents are too money conscious to be concerned with anything else. Trust M̶̲̅ε̲̣, its totally appalling.
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 19, 2013
geeez: It's not the worst

BTW, why post pictures of the bad areas. Have you seen pics of OUK's mansion? Isn't it in Abia?

Abeg quit player hating

Guy pack jorr. So he should go to OUK's village and snap a picture of his house? Just to prove to e-fo.ols like you that abia is working? Is it how your own state was developed? Have you even seen the state of the road leading to the said OUK mansion?
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by conyema12(m): 9:06am On Oct 19, 2013
Thank You for that nice response,
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by conyema12(m): 9:11am On Oct 19, 2013
geeez: It's not the worst

Abeg quit player hating

Pls do you live in aba? If you do, may we know where. I am not playing a hating game cos I love aba. But the rate of decay is alarming.

This your OUKs mansion is it an estate with good road network and 24 hour light or just a mansion like you called it?
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by conyema12(m): 9:12am On Oct 19, 2013
Moderator front page please.
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by phantom(m): 9:30am On Oct 19, 2013
many nairalanders have NO idea what sarcasm is.
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 9:35am On Oct 19, 2013
@@@

shachris(m): 8:33am

My brother, if there's any word stronger than worst, that is what abia is. I live in aba and I can tell you that the infrastural decay is the least of our worries. Is it the constant intimidation? The truckloads of tax, comission and all manner of levies. The kidanpping? The deciet?

Its only in abia that an army office would command a guy, in broad daylight, to pull out a girls bosom in public and massage it. What is her crime? Because, according to them, she was packing her bosom.

We need a state of emergency to be declared in aba. The wosrt part is that the residents are too money conscious to be concerned with anything else. Trust M̶̲̅ε̲̣, its totally appalling.

abagworo will soon come in to talk rubbish
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by ChideraFavour(m): 10:38am On Oct 19, 2013
Is not d worst bt almost d worst
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by slimfit1(m): 10:46am On Oct 19, 2013
The people deserve what they get if they didn't protect their vote or even speak out. Don't you have local government chairmen? It's not every thing you blame your governors for. Although he too is at fault.
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 19, 2013
slim fit :
The people deserve what they get if they didn't protect their vote or even speak out. Don't you have local government chairmen? It's not every thing you blame your governors for. Although he too is at fault.

Which local government? The ones that share a joint account with the governor?

Why should the people be blamed when their mandate was stolen and that bloated goat imposed on them?
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by IGBOSON1: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2013
shachris:

Which local government? The ones that share a joint account with the governor?

Why should the people be blamed when their mandate was stolen and that bloated goat imposed on them?

^^^He's right! They should be blamed if they can't be bothered to stage protests, or match to gov't house and demand immediate action or his impeachment!

Serves them right!
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 19, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^He's right! They should be blamed if they can't be bothered to stage protests, or match to gov't house and demand immediate action or his impeachment!

Serves them right!

My brother, this is Nigeria. You and I know that that would certainly never happen.
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by peleson: 1:03pm On Oct 19, 2013
Aba is the worst government neglected city in west africa and gov orji t.a is the most corrupt and wicked governor of all time
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
Abia is not the worst State. The pictures he posted are flooded roads which happens everywhere. The only thing I've noticed is that Abians lament a lot and do less thereby giving a wrong impression of reality. I was in Aba and Umuahia recently when I toured the Southeast and I saw obvious improvement. I even posted a picture from Umuahia on Nairaland which is surprisingly one of the cleanest cities in Nigeria.

On a more serious note, Aba is located on a flatland with little or no slope and hence requires serious drainage system to reduce flooding and increase durability of roads. As long as people continue covering the natural drainage with houses and sandfill, the flooding will continue to increase. That's one of the biggest achievements of Amaechi in Port-Harcourt which happens to be on a flat land like Aba. I just pity Abians because there Government does not have the funds at his disposal like Amaechi to tackle the flood menace. Maybe they should arrange an infrastructural taxing system whereby houses pay like 10,000 to 50,000 to raise funds for Government.

1 Like

Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by conyema12(m): 1:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
Abagworo: Abia is not the worst State. The pictures he posted are flooded roads which happens everywhere. The only thing I've noticed is that Abians lament a lot and do less thereby giving a wrong impression of reality. I was in Aba and Umuahia recently when I toured the Southeast and I saw obvious improvement. I even posted a picture from Umuahia on Nairaland which is surprisingly one of the cleanest cities in Nigeria.

On a more serious note, Aba is located on a flatland with little or no slope and hence requires serious drainage system to reduce flooding and increase durability of roads. As long as people continue covering the natural drainage with houses and sandfill, the flooding will continue to increase. That's one of the biggest achievements of Amaechi in Port-Harcourt which happens to be on a flat land like Aba. I just pity Abians because there Government does not have the funds at his disposal like Amaechi to tackle the flood menace. Maybe they should arrange an infrastructural taxing system whereby houses pay like 10,000 to 50,000 to raise funds for Government.

Please could you please take a keenful look at the picture to see if those roads are flooded or bad. Aba city was properly planned by mbakwe of blessed memory.
Kindly tell me how many roads that has been awarded and completed by TA orji since he assumed office in aba?
I am also aware that abians are already paying the infrastractural levy since 1999 where are those money, are you also aware of the environmental levy by every home in aba. .
Let me tell you what TA orji is good at; dropping at least one news a day on NTA or AIT to make him popular.
He will certainly suffer from his wickedness alongside the people on his Payroll. So if you are one of them am sorry.
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
Abagworo: Abia is not the worst State. The pictures he posted are flooded roads which happens everywhere. The only thing I've noticed is that Abians lament a lot and do less thereby giving a wrong impression of reality. I was in Aba and Umuahia recently when I toured the Southeast and I saw obvious improvement. I even posted a picture from Umuahia on Nairaland which is surprisingly one of the cleanest cities in Nigeria.

My brother please shut up for a sec. What flooded roads are you talking about? Those roads in the worst form of disrepair with volcano sized portholes. You mean it is like that in your state? if it were to be your state, and you actually live in it, would you still be spewing this trash that you just vomited?

Aba is located on a flat land, you say, do we just come to this realization during the tenure of your evil genius friend? During the time of Mbakwe, the military and even OUK, why didn't we experience this kind of 'floods' as you call it. Please don't try to cover up evil or you would share in the curses aba people has be laying on that goats head.

You are talking about infrastructural levy, do you know that aba is the only state in the whole federation that has been paying that levy way back from 1999? Tell me a single road that has be constructed from all the monies collected from that levy. I'm telling you, each household pays as much as 15,000 naira and each shop pays as much as 5k. Now calculate the number of houses and shops in aba alone, and you'd have a slight idea of the rot in the system.

Let me tell you something you seem not to know. Those people that you'r claiming built house on drainage, were sold that land and still got their approval from the government. So, who are we to blame now? Yet after selling them these lands, the dubious government comes to destroy the claiming that the are blocking drainage and still go ahead to sell to another person. My brother, you need to be here to see the rot in the system.

But i agree with you that the people should be blamed because they do not know their rights and can't impose them. The level of intimidation going on in aba is really appalling.

Please lets join hands and condemn what is evil, because it affects us all in someway. No matter where you are residing. Take partisan politics out of this, please.

1 Like

Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by ALTRUTH(m): 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2013
Yes, I think Abia state is d most backward in d East. I dont knw why thieves continue to b elected as governors in d state. D present governor happens to be a baboon nd nt a human being. God save Abia!
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
ALTRUTH: Yes, I think Abia state is d most backward in d East. I dont knw why thieves continue to b elected as governors in d state. D present governor happens to be a baboon nd nt a human being. God save Abia!

Thank you my brother by calling a spade by its name. Don't mind that abagworo guy. Imagine, he only drive through aba and claim to know much about it even more than people living in it. SMH for impostors.

1 Like

Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
@@

the painful side of thing is OUK is now a symbol of progress and mouth piece for Igbo on facebook

abagworo u can drive around anambra without worrying about ur car shocks but the same cant be said about Aba and Ogbomosho cool
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 19, 2013
ikeyman00: @@

the paining side of thing is OUK is now a symbol of progress and mouth piece for Igbo on facebook

abagworo u can drive around anambra without worrying about ur car shocks but the same cant be said about Aba and Ogbomosho cool

May brother, OUK was bad, but he is 100 times better than TA. Even TA cannot even maintain most of the roads OUK constructed. We dont ask him to build more roads, let him just cover the potholes, finish.
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by Oildichotomy(m): 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
I think Delta state can give Abia a run for their money,., if not better!
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 19, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
I think Delta state can give Abia a run for their money,., if not better!

my brother, no even go there.
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by Italiano1: 5:47pm On Oct 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
The governor of Abia state is a dead man working.
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by emeka94(m): 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2013

E-fool. God wipe ur mouth with acidic kleenex. Which Aba is good? Why are u even defending TA orji? Have u been to cemetery mrkt or ariaria or osusu or obohia or portharcourth road or owere aba etc? Where have u been to in aba? Because u went to umuahia which by d way is d capital of Abia and u saw good roads that are so narrow that two keke can't even drive through at the same time, that's why u r making noise? Mugu194 like u. May u share in all the cuses Aba ppl are laying on ta orji.
I live in Aba and I can tell u that Aba is rotten + decayed + anythin worse than worst.. D type of tax paid in this city breaks even the stonest of heart. Don't forget that Abia is an oil producing stAte. Mtcheew complain my black flat ass
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by emeka94(m): 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
I feel like hitting dis Abagworo guy.

Come umu-AbA post ur comments oh

OP front page tins abeg
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
Fashola look at what you have done now
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 11:43pm On Oct 19, 2013
emeka94:

E-fool. God wipe ur mouth with acidic kleenex. Which Aba is good? Why are u even defending TA orji? Have u been to cemetery mrkt or ariaria or osusu or obohia or portharcourth road or owere aba etc? Where have u been to in aba? Because u went to umuahia which by d way is d capital of Abia and u saw good roads that are so narrow that two keke can't even drive through at the same time, that's why u r making noise? Mugu194 like u. May u share in all the cuses Aba ppl are laying on ta orji.
I live in Aba and I can tell u that Aba is rotten + decayed + anythin worse than worst.. D type of tax paid in this city breaks even the stonest of heart. Don't forget that Abia is an oil producing stAte. Mtcheew complain my black flat ass

Abia is a poor State. In fact the whole Southeast combined is poor and does not have as much funds as Rivers or Akwa-Ibom alone. You people need to pay tax before the level of work needed in Aba can be accomplished. I actually drove through Port-Harcourt-Aba expressway and it looks highly improved with a garden at Osisioma and a park located about 3km after. I saw no heaps of refuse like it was in the past and I noticed a funny kind of pedestrian bridge with iron fence to cover the green area. I was impressed for real. Maybe some feeder roads inside the city proper is bad but it is same in all parts of Nigeria including Akwa-Ibom and Rivers.

I only offered a possible solution because I have value for Aba as probably the largest core Igbo city with industries and markets.
Re: Is Abia The Worst State In Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 11:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
^^^ u should never be taken seriously

never!

now i see wat chino sees lipsrsealed u are not right in the head after all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama Sick, was TB Joshua Right? / General Buhari Meets President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan(Photo) / Mr President And His Vice Versus Mr (wanna-be) President And His Clown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.