Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Sunday Morning: How Was Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sunday Morning: How Was Church? (12994 Views)

Ways Women Ask For Offering Indirectly On A Sunday Morning / Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? / "errors" I Hear On The Sunday Morning Pulpit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 06, 2008
Esss:

The same shit you get every sunday.

First they sing some worship songs to get you in the mood,
Then the pastor comes and gives some mortivational speeches backed with some bible passages,
And then they pary about everything you can think of on earth,
Oh! and ofcourse they collect your money I mean offering, tithe, building offering, seed faith offering, burnt sacrifice offering, e.t.c offering

then they send you home reminding you of the daily services.

Lmao, someone's on the edge. I love it. cheesy

@ topic
My sunday's not complete without going to church. cool
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by bodija(m): 6:45pm On Jul 06, 2008
Guys
No body even care to say what the sermon was in his/her place of worship.well for me i attended C.R.C Aleshinloye Ibadan. For Sermon,it was the kindom of God is at hand. Choir, wow,it was as if make them no stop pam. Then A critical prayer point for this nation was raised.Most especially for the Federal Government of nigeria. May the Lord av mercy on us all. amen
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by vitti(m): 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2008
Church was like not going 2 end, these pastors make someone commit sin
can u imagine an Anglican Church dat d services goes from 7-11, complete 4hrs
Damn, it wasnt funny, church was frustratin angry
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Esss(m): 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2008
bodija:

Guys
No body even care to say what the sermon was in his/her place of worship.

Topic; Show me the money
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by TOH(f): 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2008
vitti:

can u imagine an Anglican Church that d services goes from 7-11, complete 4hrs

4 hrs of what?

Thankfully mine is just 1 hr.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by CH3COO(m): 6:51pm On Jul 06, 2008
toh you go to church? shocked
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Cristalz(f): 7:09pm On Jul 06, 2008
vitti:

can u imagine an Anglican Church that d services goes from 7-11, complete 4hrs

Lol grin grin

Don't think i'v heard that one before,an Anglican church,4 hours?Wow. So what sin did the pastor make you commit? grin
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by chrisoml(m): 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2008
Esss:

Then the pastor comes and gives some mortivational speeches backed with some bible passages,
Oh! and ofcourse they collect your money I mean offering, tithe, building offering, seed faith offering, burnt sacrifice offering, e.t.c offering

then they send you home reminding you of the daily services.

@Esss
You are very funny. how come from all that was said today by ur pastor none did interest U except to remember d only same old thing that you've heard over and over.

Well, my Sunday was WOW. had a great time in the church.
I woke up early in the morning feeling so confused and having some funny thought running to and fro on my mind.
But before I left church, my pastor has seriously dealt with them by helping me to remember whom I am in the Lord and am now feeling better.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by kidub: 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2008
i dont understand what chrisoml meant by the 'same shit' where do you worship? that word is absurd to come from
a christian and im very sure you are a sunday sunday church goer. Well i had a great time in my church and my
pastor ministered about the person of the holy spirit. He is the third person of the Godhead and without the holy
spirit you cannot leave an effective christian life. You must have a relationship with the holy spirit to leave
a victorious life. read John 14:26, acts 1:8, mark 15:16-17
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by aderaskeey(m): 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2008
sweet heavenly songs, great earth-shaking prayer time, and I was also privileged by the pastor to stand before God's people and teach them the secrets of 'blogging for Christ' as different from 'blogging for money'.

I am fulfilled to teach freely the revelational exploits of the web to God's children.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by lapagegirl(f): 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2008
It was superb. What a joy to be in the presence of God. There was no dull moment from charge, to praise and worship, testimonies, to the word it was all wonderful that i have to stay for second service. the word was unique first service THE POWER OF PRAISE, second service THE HELP OF GOD.

As for me i don't know what else i will be doing on sunday morning than being in ZION a place where kings and Queens are made, a place of encounter, a place where u meet with papa GOD.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Queenisha: 11:35pm On Jul 06, 2008
Church today was different.
I worked at the nursery today babysitting infants and under 4 year olds.
I survived it by the Grace of God.
I wanted so badly to whip some of them real good until I remembered where I was.
The service was 2 1/4 hrs, it felt like 24 hrs. grin

These white kids are wild, I tell ya.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Cayon(f): 11:41pm On Jul 06, 2008
didn't go to church today. Going to a program to listen some Jamaican artists and because my daughter is part of the programme (the main reason Y i am going)
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Queenisha: 11:47pm On Jul 06, 2008
TOH:

4 hrs of what?

Thankfully mine is just 1 hr.

So you attend one of those "wait and take churches" e kwa? cry
one hymn there,one hail mary there, you drink holy water, service is over grin

You need a deeper walk jo
One hour ke?
don't you people do collections ?
2 or 3 collections at least should take 1 Hr. grin
You need a better Church. wink
let me recommend Christ's Holiness Trinity Pentecostal tabernacle of Grace and Faith. cheesy
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by kaypound(m): 11:54pm On Jul 06, 2008
i am always feeling sleepy in church so i do not bother going at all.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by eiete(f): 12:00am On Jul 07, 2008
I pull a sicky and stayed at home.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by eiete(f): 12:04am On Jul 07, 2008
Queenisha:

You need a better Church. wink
let me recommend Christ's Holiness Trinity Pentecostal tabernacle of Grace and Faith. cheesy
Whoa! That is the longest name I have heard. I'm sure by the

time i finish saying that, church service would be over.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Queenisha: 12:15am On Jul 07, 2008
have some church right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwb25c5K_Dg
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by koolsasy(f): 12:32am On Jul 07, 2008
as 4 me,church was soo long, i neva tot i cud stay in church dat long, 6 whole hours.GOD!!!normally,church is like 2 hours give or take but today,we had 2 marriages and a child dedication + reception!thank God sha, i did not faint or sleep
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by ztyle(m): 1:45am On Jul 07, 2008
Too Bad i woke up late angry
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Rotexbaba1: 2:03am On Jul 07, 2008
Church was very good today, i can definately say i was touched by the Spirit. God bless everyone!
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by xheggs(m): 2:15am On Jul 07, 2008
Didnt make it to church.
i was in my crib streaming my usual rock songs but this time the gospel rock.
i picked up a word from Casting Crown's American Dream: "All Work without God, makes Jack with the lost soul"
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by gmcln(m): 2:59am On Jul 07, 2008

then they send you home reminding you of the daily services

Call your real estate agent, Your plot in Hell is ready
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by tbanj07(m): 11:33am On Jul 07, 2008
I'm grateful to GOD I was present for the service, I really gained from it and I'm sure its gonna have an impact on my life
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by Lifeboy2(m): 12:27pm On Jul 07, 2008
my church was fine with great songs and firing message "Jesus loves you all, come to him to day and be save"
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by manchibabe: 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2008
@ Lucrabasi
church was really long, but at least they compensated us by giving everyone some sweet jollof rice and a drink, we had 2 guest preachers Rev Isaac Idahosa and Evang Gboyega Shitta and before 10 a.m church and overflow was full to capacity, never seen that seen i started attending d hurch

omo nigerians love people who can see vision for them and miracles upon miracles, nd seed sowing grin
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by bisibaby(f): 1:01pm On Jul 07, 2008
My church was great. A Super Sunday the text was Zac.8:18.

U are all invited to our annversary July13th of the month

Victory Cathedral(Evangelical Church Of New Jerusalem) IKORDOU
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by rubi(f): 2:42pm On Jul 07, 2008
@Topic church was fine, My bishops wife told us sometime ago that since she became a xtain for over fourthy years she can count on how many times she was absent from church not up to five times. That statement never left me so every sunday I make sure I am in the church. How can I stay home will church is going on? impossible
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by TOH(f): 2:58pm On Jul 07, 2008
You dey craze osisi

Hail Mary wetin? I dont do the Catholic church o. At all. bunch of guilt trippers with fancy costumes.

It's about 1hr and 15 mins, maximum. Friend invited me a couple months back and been going. Nice small place. No loud obnoxious pastors and their evil looking wives. Thought provoking sermons and if you have a different interpretation, at the end you can discuss with the man sef. That's respect right there. Not Im "all knowing, dont question me"

Look at your mouth tongue. 3 collections for what? I no want your alajenu church. Thank you cool
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by TOH(f): 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2008
gmcln:

Call your real estate agent, Your plot in Hell is ready

Is that what you learned in your own "church"?

Who died and told you to say who is or isnt fit for hell/heaven

Go and sent down jo. People like you are annoying.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by slyk2(m): 3:48pm On Jul 07, 2008
I was equally in church too.
guess which church? Christ Embassy!
My church pastor remains a pastor beyond compare.
He electrifies the church once on the podium. He electrifies the service before his message.
He remainded us of whom we are as xtians and how must pray aright for expected answers.
eg;- God created us in his image,so as he is so are we in this world. Thus we are above situations
prevalent in this world., by his stripes we are healed so a xtian cannot be sick etc.

I love going to church.
Re: Sunday Morning: How Was Church? by oyinyechi(f): 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2008
I had a good time in the presence of the Lord.
It was a thanksgiving service,we also had the opportunity to
learn that we need to give THANKS TO GOD when others around
us are favoured because it is their own season.
Failure to do this could prevent our own season from coming.
The ability to control wrong emotions such as anger,jealousy and resentment
when our subordinates in the office are promoted,neighbours,friends,etc are elevated or favoured was the watchword.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman, Your Husband Is Your God. / Are Long Prayers Usually The Most Effective? / Apostle Johnson Suleman Latest Prophecy This Night.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.