Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car (1491 Views)

Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by dridowu: 1:48am On Oct 20, 2013
Each of the two armoured BMW 760 Li cars bought for the Minister for Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah, by the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority is more expensive than the British Prime Minister, David Cameron’s car.

While Oduah’s cars go for $800,000 (about N127.5m) each, Cameron’s armoured Jaguar XJ X351 car costs £200,000 (about N52m).

The aviation minister’s media aide had said the cars, manufactured in Germany in 2008, were acquired “in response to the clear and imminent threat to her personal security and life.”

An online news portal, Sahara Reporters, reported that the NCAA paid about $1.6m (about N255m) for just two pieces, which was enough to buy eight pieces of same BMW model and spec elsewhere.

Cameron’s Jaguar car, according to Daily Mail, “is specially modified for carrying Cameron and contains many features to stop a potential terrorist attack.”

Even at the N52m-price, Cameron’s car reportedly has more sophisticated features, including special bullet and bomb-proof security armour, run-flat tyres, bullet proof glass and a self-contained oxygen supply.

To prove that the price of Oduah’s cars might have been inflated, Sahara Reporters reported that Vista BMW in Florida, United States of America, sold a fully armoured BMW 760 Li car built to withstand AK 47-7.62×39 ammo and lower calibre weapons, for only $162,195 (about N26m).

Similarly, the armoured car ballistic division of the International Armouring Corporation in Utah, USA, said the cars could have been sold for $200,000 (about N32m) each, shipping to Nigeria inclusive.

http://www.punchng.com/news/oduahs-car-more-expensive-than-british-pms-car/
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by Nobody: 2:10am On Oct 20, 2013
Bongo BonGo country! SMH
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by Nobody: 2:18am On Oct 20, 2013
dridowu: Each of the two armoured BMW 760 Li cars bought for the Minister for Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah, by the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority is more expensive than the British Prime Minister, David Cameron’s car.

While Oduah’s cars go for $800,000 (about N127.5m) each, Cameron’s armoured Jaguar XJ X351 car costs £200,000 (about N52m).

The aviation minister’s media aide had said the cars, manufactured in Germany in 2008, were acquired “in response to the clear and imminent threat to her personal security and life.”

An online news portal, Sahara Reporters, reported that the NCAA paid about $1.6m (about N255m) for just two pieces, which was enough to buy eight pieces of same BMW model and spec elsewhere.

Cameron’s Jaguar car, according to Daily Mail, “is specially modified for carrying Cameron and contains many features to stop a potential terrorist attack.”

Even at the N52m-price, Cameron’s car reportedly has more sophisticated features, including special bullet and bomb-proof security armour, run-flat tyres, bullet proof glass and a self-contained oxygen supply.

To prove that the price of Oduah’s cars might have been inflated, Sahara Reporters reported that Vista BMW in Florida, United States of America, sold a fully armoured BMW 760 Li car built to withstand AK 47-7.62×39 ammo and lower calibre weapons, for only $162,195 (about N26m).

Similarly, the armoured car ballistic division of the International Armouring Corporation in Utah, USA, said the cars could have been sold for $200,000 (about N32m) each, shipping to Nigeria inclusive.

Nobmetalkam

Ode so we should wait for britis pm to use a car before using? Smh for your inferiority complex.As long as the car price was not inflated there is no big deal here

3 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by dridowu: 2:23am On Oct 20, 2013
am i d 1 dat wrote d news ? learn to be mature bro, i hope u can see the source now, learn to proof ur point without using dirty words
chukwudi44:

Ode so we should wait for britis pm to use a car before using? Smh for your inferiority complex.As long as the car price was not inflated there is no big deal here
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by carzola(m): 3:55am On Oct 20, 2013
And you expect this poo to smell its way to front page. #smh#
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:59am On Oct 20, 2013
Probably because Oduah faces more threat to her life than the British PM.

Just like an average Nigerian will spend more fortifying his house by way of burglary proof while an average Brit doesn't install burglary proof except in areas populated by Nigerians like Peckham.

9 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by Nobody: 5:52am On Oct 20, 2013
Liar!!!!!!!!!
Dino Melaya and Sahara Reporters have been peddling falsehood about the Cars bought by the Minister of Aviation. I checked the price of the vehicles and realized that BMW Security Vehicles only provide used vehicle prices on their website. Brochures for new one can only be downloaded on request.

A Used 2006 BMW 760 Li High Security costs €175,000.00 or $239,000.00 Check the BMW link for pre-owned vehicles below
http://www.bmw-security-vehicles.com/security_vehicles/en/_teaserpool_2010/download/shared/pdf/offer_7series_2006.pdf at €175,000 Euros, which is $240,000.00

If the used vehicle cost $240,000.00 dollars, how can Sahara and Dino Melaya claim the new vehicles bought by the Minister of Aviation can be bought for $200,000.00
Who is lying profusely now to deceive the public.

Or let me guess, they could not decipher the difference between a used car and new vehicle.
Please stop peddling lies that you cannot substantiate!

Further
Here is a quote for a new BMW 760 Li Hi Security from people who will sell it to you, not misguided journalists
http://alpa-gatt.com/ALPa_GATTPage/VermietungVerkauf/F03Optimiert.pdf

the price excluding tax and logistics is [size=16pt]400,000 Euros, that is $547,000.00 Each [/size]

By the way my topic giving the real prices has been maliciously moved from politics to car talk section by nairaland just to continue spreading the falsehood. Check the link https://www.nairaland.com/1484333/dino-melaya-lies-used-bmw

2 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by wirinet(m): 6:25am On Oct 20, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Probably because Oduah faces more threat to her life than the British PM.

Just like an average Nigerian will spend more fortifying his house by way of burglary proof while an average Brit doesn't install burglary proof except in areas populated by Nigerians like Peckham.

With thinking like this, we will be perpetually be referred to under-developed nation. If an ordinary aviation minister needs to move around in an armoured car, what will more crucial ministers like defense, finance, petroleum move around in - armoured tanks? What about governors, they should need armoured helicopters and jets. Then the president would need armoured personel carriers built to move on land.

After armoured car, what of her body? Should it not be armoured too. Well i hear you can get bullet proof and bomb proof from babalawo, but i trust madam aviation would go to India to get the original at millions of dollars.
Public officials who feels this insecure have no business in government, if they feel they have to remain isolated and insulated from the public, why take up the position of a public officer?

2 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by subnormal: 6:31am On Oct 20, 2013
@kenGali the price quoted by NCAA is still almost double what is in the link. Let's say it costs euro5k to ship and clear each vehicle that brings the cost to 409k euros each. Still way below what was quoted....
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by dridowu: 6:37am On Oct 20, 2013
carzola: And you expect this poo to smell its way to front page. #smh#
if it hit d frontpage what will u do ?
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 20, 2013
Hasn't it already been clarified that the car belongs to the NCAA and not Stella Oduah?

https://www.nairaland.com/1483972/ncaa-bought-n225m-cars-operations

This desperation is becoming too obvious, and quite frankly, too embarrassing.
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by FreeGlobe(f): 7:06am On Oct 20, 2013
Derimius: Hasn't it already been clarified that the car belongs to the NCAA and not Stella Oduah?

https://www.nairaland.com/1483972/ncaa-bought-n225m-cars-operations

This desperation is becoming too obvious, and quite frankly, too embarrassing.
and check out the people and sources peddling the news. The same usual suspects
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 20, 2013
subnormal: @kenGali the price quoted by NCAA is still almost double what is in the link. Let's say it costs euro5k to ship and clear each vehicle that brings the cost to 409k euros each. Still way below what was quoted....

Sorry my friend, it does not cost Euro 5k to ship, but that's open for debate cause you are not paying for just transport.
Your have to consider transport insurance, taxes and the profit margin of the authorised Nigerian seller who is not father christmas. The added cost is not far fetched. A 10% tax already adds €40,000 to the price.

My topic indicating the price to inform people has been maliciously moved to car talk section by nairaland just to allow the peddling of these falsehood. Check the link https://www.nairaland.com/1484333/dino-melaya-lies-used-bmw
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by Symphony007: 7:54am On Oct 20, 2013
I've not commented on this issue since it started because i'm a little stunned at how politizied and tribal it has gone. Can't we just come to an agreement that in a country where a majority of nigerians are poor, hungry, lack water, healthcare,education, jobs,etc. It is an insult to them for it's government to spend such an amount of money to buys cars for an aviation minister, it's just so sad. We can be here arguing politics and tribe what the poor nigerian kid is the opportunity cost of all this wastage. And this is not just about stella oduah. It's about every politician or government administrator all around nigeria.

Every body in rivers state does'nt have access to clean and affordable water supply but gov. Ameachi bought a 50 million jet. That was insane. All around the country the people are being stolen from and we are here being partisan and tribal. Take a drive to makoko, or ajegunle or any slum in nigeria and look into the eyes of one kid whoes life the money used to buy these would have changed and justify them to him or her. Somethings are not political or tribal, it's just common sense.

5 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by favouredseed(f): 8:05am On Oct 20, 2013
And so ...
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by cashkid18(m): 8:31am On Oct 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:
and check out the people and sources peddling the news. The same usual suspects
who ar them or do u mean d oduduwas
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by Boss13: 8:32am On Oct 20, 2013
This woman is a public servant and public threat is a norm and part of the hazard of the job. I just wonder the fortification in her house if she can purchase such an expensive car.
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by lacasa: 8:46am On Oct 20, 2013
So, Som unfortunate people can still defend this woman

#. . Wow! Poverty is not only a physical state, this pple defending that rubber faced looking Oduah r suffering from Menntal ppoverty as weelll

2 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by donphilopus: 8:57am On Oct 20, 2013
chukwudi44:

Why quoting everything??
Or, Are you a Learner??
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by Onlytruth(m): 9:10am On Oct 20, 2013
I hear that the British PM flies public airlines. Has ANY Nigeria president EVER flown on public airlines?
This lynch mob conspiracy against Stella Odua should stop.
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by bloggernaija: 9:18am On Oct 20, 2013
Symphony007: I've not commented on this issue since it started because i'm a little stunned at how politizied and tribal it has gone. Can't we just come to an agreement that in a country where a majority of nigerians are poor, hungry, lack water, healthcare,education, jobs,etc. It is an insult to them for it's government to spend such an amount of money to buys cars for an aviation minister, it's just so sad. We can be here arguing politics and tribe what the poor nigerian kid is the opportunity cost of all this wastage. And this is not just about stella oduah. It's about every politician or government administrator all around nigeria.

Every body in rivers state does'nt have access to clean and affordable water supply but gov. Ameachi bought a 50 million jet. That was insane. All around the country the people are being stolen from and we are here being partisan and tribal. Take a drive to makoko, or ajegunle or any slum in nigeria and look into the eyes of one kid whoes life the money used to buy these would have changed and justify them to him or her. Somethings are they political or tribal, it's just common sense.

Most of the Resident of makoko/Lagos are not indigens.they migrated from a place where their rights were abused .
In as much as I cannot blame my county for not having a bus link/bicycle lane like Europeans .
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by ballabriggs: 9:40am On Oct 20, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Probably because Oduah faces more threat to her life than the British PM.

So vampire Oduah faces more threat than the British PM.

Cool story Bro, you care to tell it again?

Cameron faces huge threats to his life but guess what, they spend the bulk of the money on improving the system. They invest heavily on security for the society in general while Mrs Vampire is more concerned with her self. They are not selfish and greedy like Oduah. To such leaders, it is society first.

Cameron does not need 1 million mopols when a lot has been done to neutralise threats at the borders. He does not need a high fence when policemen patrol the streets 24 hours neutralising threats.

That is leadership! Society first! While vampire is more concerned about self.

Does Oduah's amoured car even have more and better features than the PM's car? Does it have better ones than Jonathan's car? Why are these cars more expensive than Jonathan's by a large and significant amount?

Does the vampire face more threats than Jonathan?

2 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by ballabriggs: 9:42am On Oct 20, 2013
Onlytruth: I hear that the British PM flies public airlines. Has ANY Nigeria president EVER flown on public airlines?
This lynch mob conspiracy against Stella Odua should stop.

Shut up fool. If it does not stop, what is your useless self going to do about it. Animal
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by eggheaders(m): 9:44am On Oct 20, 2013
Common criminal like this dingbat. Should be killed slowly with chop knife.
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by eggheaders(m): 9:59am On Oct 20, 2013

Now the real sunnybobo has gotten his handle back. Not the fake one that posted the last time on this subject. Am I disappointed on your myopic view? Not at all.
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 20, 2013
subnormal: @kenGali the price quoted by NCAA is still almost double what is in the link. Let's say it costs euro5k to ship and clear each vehicle that brings the cost to 409k euros each. Still way below what was quoted....

Do you really expect coscharis not sell @ profit? Will they buy and sell @ the same price? If I am selling anything to government especially if I am a monopolist I will make as much profit as possible
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by geeez: 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
There's obviously a bigger threat to her life (which was never reported to the police or SSS) than there is to the British PM's life

2 Likes

Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by FreeGlobe(f): 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
geeez: There's obviously a bigger threat to her life (which was never reported to the police or SSS) that there is to the British PM's life
would you like a brain? lunatic. You want to compare security levels of both nations. fool
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by eggheaders(m): 4:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:
would you like a brain? lunatic. You want to compare security levels of both nations. fool

Why not compare the poverty level of both nation in relation to the remuneration of political office holders. So times I wonder if it's sawdust that filled of the skulls of androids like you.
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by eaglechild: 4:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:
geez!
That must have hurt.
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by FreeGlobe(f): 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
eggheaders:

Why not compare the poverty level of both nation in relation to the remuneration of political office holders. So times I wonder if it's sawdust that filled of the skulls of androids like you.
sometimes not so times illiterate cheesy
Re: Oduah’s Car More Expensive Than British Pm’s Car by geeez: 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
FreeGlobe:

So that's why Obama's car has a missile defense system and Oduah's doesn't because Nigeria is more secure than America abi?

Who is more of a high profile target between Oduah and the British PM and if you read the OP well enough (though I doubt you can comprehend things), you will realize that the issue raised is that of corruption. The British PM's car is more valuable and sophisticated but costs less than half of Oduah's. You sure must have dropped out or paid your way through a cheap school.

Like your moniker suggests, that globe on your neck is as empty as it is free

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Jonathan's Convoy Stops To Rescue Accident Victims / We’ll Take-over Lagos; Reclaim South West From APC –tukur / Patrick Sawyer intentionally brought the Ebola Virus To nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.