Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,697 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? (9593 Views)

Understanding The Concept of Tithing / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by sample042(m): 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
charlsecy4: @Efewestern

GOD forgives all sins if we truthfully repent of our dark ways..... To sin against the Spirit means to wilfully reject the person of Christ, and die before repentance.

I love ur brief explanation of... 'sinning against d holy holy spirit'. some folks do think it's all about fornication/adultery.
Though, hitherto i'v always known there's more to d above CONCEPT.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by khattab02: 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
Emusan:

They are there but check what they say yourself.

Like the one he quoted he said Jesus always says He is a prophet wherever He goes of which the verse he quoted says "when Jesus was coming on a horse people begin to ask who is this? And SOME PEOPLE replied say the prophet of Naserath now is it Jesus who called himself prophet or people? Can you see that? That's why I advise to read those verses whether it correlates what he's pointing out. So that it wont make the mistake that Muhammad made.

Shalom!
THANKS FOR ACKNOWLEDGING! THE TRUTH BE TOLD, YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THE CONCEPT OF TRINITY WITHOUT RUNNING INTO PROBLEMS ESPECIALLY WHEN ASKED FURTHER QUESTIONS AND THIS IS DUE TO WHAT OTHER VERSES OF THE SAME BIBLE HAS TO SAY.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by lovejo(m): 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
[b]Let me give simple analysis without going deeper, in the old testament as it is written, '' the word of God come to Isaiah, Jeremiah et all'' because they were sent by God.
In the time of Jesus, Jesus spoke with authority, verily verily I say unto you..etc because he is the word and he is the living God.

Read:

Collosians 1:15-18

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

1 Timothy 3: 16

16 [b]And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.

1 John 1 vs 1-4

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us— 3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things we write to you that your[a] joy may be full.

John 14 VS 8-9
8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”

9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? [/b]

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by elfiddy(m): 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
Check 1st john 5 vs 7
jamp: As a catholic we believed in trinity but I ve a question for those who say purgatory is not in the Bible; Is trinity in the Bible?
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Awoofawo(m): 3:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
THE IMAGE ABOVE IS OF HECATE (from roman mythology)... the ancient goddess known as HATHOR among the ancient EGYPTIAN. a three faces goddess, the matron of the underworld, the witch. fertily, the mother of ancient gods... her roll call of titles is a long one.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by collins123(m): 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
kekakuz: God is the computer
Jesus is the hardware
Holy spirit is the operating system

if u stll dont get it,you may never get it

Will you shut up your mouth and finish your fura dey nunu!

You think everybody stupid as you are?

So based on your literal explanation, which one came first, the computer, hardware, or the operating system?

And before you ramble like a rabid dog again, make sure you read about the history of the computer wella wella.

Then you will realize you're not as wise as what you have been fooled to believe.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by RealAlfranco: 4:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
Gombs:

The above bold is Not true!

God NEVER revealed himself to Adam and Eve. It was Jesus that was with them. God NEVER leaves his throne.

Gen 3v8 KJV
8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Jesus is the Word of God. Jn 1v1 that word came walking.

@Op the Holyspirit is same as God, he proceeds from the father. God never leaves his throne, but manifest him self by the person of the Holyspirit and dwells in us and through us, does his will and wonders all over the world.
isn't this da essence of da thread...It is asking of individual 'perceptions' and not sumthng everyone will agree with...and dat was my opinion!!
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by kekakuz(m): 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
collins123:

Will you shut up your mouth and finish your fura dey nunu!

You think everybody stupid as you are?

So based on your literal explanation, which one came first, the computer, hardware, or the operating system?

And before you ramble like a rabid dog again, make sure you read about the history of the computer wella wella.

Then you will realize you're not as wise as what you have been fooled to believe.

like i said if you dont get it, you will never get it i only try to simplify it for your dolly mind.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by pbling: 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
evrytin cant b in d bible,d grounded called dem dat name
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by jerryuzo(m): 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A PERSONALITY......HE IS THE SPIRIT OF GOD THE FATHER....WHEN JESUS WAS LEAVING HIS DISCIPLES ..HE PROMISED THEM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT..WHICH CAME UPON THEM AFTER JESUS LEFT...HE IS THE COMFORTER....THESE LAST DAYS GOD HAS POURED OUT HIS SPIRIT UPON ALL FRESH.....WHEREBY ....U SEE SIGNS AND WONDERS...PROPHECIES....DIS ARE THE WORKS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Matican: 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
modash: 1+1+1=1
Thats the the illogicality of the trinity gamut

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by ultraGM: 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
Osgee: There have been many contradictory teachings about the person of The Holy Spirit in relation to the Trinity. Whats ur own view as a christian based on the Bible?

To all Kindly download the attached MS-Word file, it contained 22 Bible Doctrines, in which the 2nd Topic is Godhead (aka Trinity)

..Let him that readeth understand....
AMEN

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Asabeq(f): 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
You are the biggest foool that ever liveth!

cold: I think the Holy Spirit is God's private organ. Remember the 'virgin' Mary was impregnated by the Holy Spirit. More so,i believe God was talking about himself in this verse..of course,only a supreme being can have genitals that big & emit propane gases of such magnitude. In any event,why is this even in the bible? God must be really Hot
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Eureka007: 6:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
During the baptism of jesus .the father spoke from heaven-this is my beloved son in whoom am well pleased with.we saw the holy spirit in form of dove and jesus the son presnt as well
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Osgee(m): 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
Let me give dis illustration. Assume u r already married wit a child n ur dad z stil alive. U r a son to ur dad, a husband to ur wife n dad to ur son bt dat does nt mean u r 3 n it does nt change from being u. Hope this is helpful.
You cn also get d book- good morning Holy Spirit by Benny Hinn, twil b helpful
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by farem: 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW, LEARN! THE DOCTRINE OF TRINITY IS NOT FOR THE DETERMINED-IGNORANTS, CLOSED-MINDED 'CHRISTIANS'. THE LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF ANY TRUTH CAN NEVER INVALIDATES IT. I DONT KNOW 1% OF NEURO-SURGEON, HAS THAT NULLIFIED IT?
1. The LORD JESUS himself said (not Apostle Paul. For those who have decided to run amock because of Apostle Paul) in Matthew 28:19 'Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the NAME (NOTE THE SINGULAR USAGE) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost'
2. AT JESUS' BAPTISM:
Matthew 3:13-17 '...and Jesus,...went up straightway out of the water [Jordan]: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God [HOLY SPIRIT] descending like a dove, and lighting upon him [THE SON]... And lo a voice from heaven [THE FATHER], saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased'
3. THE EARLY DISCIPLES (Peter),
Acts 5:3-4 'But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost [neither the Father nor the Son is mentioned here]...why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? Thou has not lied unto men but unto God' [the Holy Spirit is equated to the Father here!]
4. For those who do not know anything [worse for those who do not want to know] and yet antagonise this great truth, CHECK THE BENEDICTION :
2 Cor. 13:14 'The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ [SON], and the love of God [FATHER], and the communion/fellowship of the Holy Ghost [HOLY SPIRIT], be with you all. Amen' [Many of us say it blindly and yet can not point to where it is in the Bible.
The doctrine of the Trinity is grounded in the scriptures (though the word is never used). You only need to open the Bible and allow yourself to be taken up by the Same Holy Spirit or go to where it is being studied (not critiqued. Or else you will been blindly given a million errors)
Time will not permit me of the great truth of Illustrations from the Old Testament. HOWEVER, IT IS SUFFICIENTLY ABUNDANT THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS PART AND PARCEL OF THE BLESSED TRINITY. HE IS EQUAL TO/WITH THE FATHER AND THE SON! (hope that will not bring up another blind arguement?)
NB: -The letter (research work, learning, knowledge) killeth, but the [Holy] spirit giveth life 2 Cor 3:6
- ...Now if any man have NOT Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. [will never reign with Christ. Will never be part of the Rapture.] Romans 8:9
Peace unto you all.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by farem: 6:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
maximunimpact:

Keep quiet 4 wat? because he doesn't agree wit ur stand? Pls exercise tolerance and xist in unity eventhough ur belif is diffrnt frm his. Everybody cannot be right sametime visa-viz. Trinity is just d tradition of men invented in d 4th century by Roman catholic through Costaintin d den Roman emperor. It was den incorporated into church tradition anong other dogma wch is no tot in d bible. During protestanism, most of these wrong doctrines were rejected by those who broke away from Roman catholuics, but unfortunately, most of the protestant churches took along with denm d trinity dogma. There lies d bigest challenge, even within d protestants, those who reject d trinity are looked upon as apostates.......so my question nw is if the Roman Catholic church has allowed protestants all these centuries to practice wat dey beliv freely, why can't so called protestant allow non-trinitarians practice wat dey beliv?
[color=#990000]
It was believed that the earth was flat, this was later confirmed that the earth is spherical.
Should we discount the latter because it came later?
In your primary school dx/dy (calculus) made no sense, but this is appreciated as you advance(d).
Should we castigate your later knowledge just because it came later?
Abraham only knew God as Almighty (all-sufficient). Does that mean He is not the I am that I am to Moses later?
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
The Trinity is a PAGAN concept and has nothing to do with God.

There is one God , one Messiah and one Spirit. The Spirit and God are inseparable.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Emusan(m): 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
khattab02: THANKS FOR ACKNOWLEDGING! THE TRUTH BE TOLD, YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THE CONCEPT OF TRINITY WITHOUT RUNNING INTO PROBLEMS ESPECIALLY WHEN ASKED FURTHER QUESTIONS AND THIS IS DUE TO WHAT OTHER VERSES OF THE SAME BIBLE HAS TO SAY.

How do you know I will run into confusion, check this thread titled "Against the Trinity" and see my stand.
Stop bringing Muslim view about Jesus by being biased about Bible.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Ifedikaycee(m): 8:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
Hmmmm...ma view/explanation is dis; The concept of d trinity can b likened 2 d Sun....u can't seperate d Sun frm its rays and its heat...so i'll take God d father as d Sun,God d son as d rays of the Sun and the Holy spirit as d heat dat comes frm d Sun....#myView....
Buh i'll say "search d scriptures for more understanding"
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by tunde88: 8:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
in d early Bibles, d person Jesus said was coming was not written " holy spirit " but was named " Ahmed"
I guess Dats where d confusion lays, let's stop being dogmatic nor ignorant, go for perssonal research. dat I was burn a Christian doesnt mean I must die a Christian.
He who have ear let him hear, hell us real.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by tunde88: 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
to be sincere, d quran is always perfect, even d Pastor wey saint pass will not have a gun in his house And armed rubbers will come raping his wife And decide not to fire. u should go And rewrite Ur Bible And re-author as usual. ignorant people

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Leobreezy(m): 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
After everything, Jesus himself said with his own lips that "The Father is greater than I am" (John 14 :28) So what is the fuss about?? If you keep insisting that Christ is equal to God, something he has obviously denied then you are saying your own opinion and not Christ's.

2 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by mrakin(m): 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
TRINITY
So many ppu who believe in trinity do not know the meaning. Trinity means three persons in one that are not seperable.
I have the following questions.
1. Who did Jesus Christ prayed to while on earth?
2. Who died when Jesus was put to death ?
3. The holy spirit that Moses saw in the thorn bush and those ones of the pentecost 33CE, are they persons?

God is not a mystery. James 4:8 says 'draw close to God and He will draw close to you'.

The bible mentioned the fact that God, Christ and the holy spirit are one. It means the are in agreement. Take note that the bible also mentioned that husband and wife should be one. It means they should be in agreement.

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by khattab02: 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
Emusan:

How do you know I will run into confusion, check this thread titled "Against the Trinity" and see my stand.
Stop bringing Muslim view about Jesus by being biased about Bible.
Hmmmmm... MAY BE YOU SHOULD ASK FROSBEL WHY HE THINKS TRINITY IS A PAGAN CONCEPT? HAVE I QUOTE ANY QUR'AN OR SCRIPTURE? NO! THIS IS NOT BEING BIASED ABOUT THE BIBLE BUT WHAT THE BIBLE ITSELF HAS TO SAY.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
Jesus is a MAN , not Almighty GOD.

Jesus is the only perfect MAN who ever existed and as the Son of GOD has been appointed Lord over all.

Stop this pagan nonsense about Jesus being a second person of a so called Trinity.

smiley

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by ProfChris10(m): 10:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
The Holy Spirit is a divine person, He's called the spirit of God(Gen1:2, Num24:2, 1Sam10:10), the Spirit of Christ(Rom8:9, 1Pet1:11), the Spirit of promise(Eph1:13). His duties are numerous.
He comforts the believer in Christ(John16:7), He reproves the world of Sin and righteousness(John16:8-11), The Holy Spirit does not speak of himself, but shall testify of Jesus, The Holy Spirit is not just an active force, He is a person. Now see this following verses, in Acts16:9-13 The Holy Spirit directed Paul and his company were to preach. The Holy Spirit is not just an active force, He is a divine person whom Jesus promised in John16:5-15 to comfort us when He has gone to the Father, The Holy Spirit has emotions too just like a person He can be grieved or offended as seen in Eph4:30, The Holy Spirit intercedes for the Saints according to the will of God(Rom8:27). And finally before I leave let me tell us this that our bodies is the temple of the Holy Ghost(1Cor6:19). Above receive Jesus Christ for he is the way, truth and life. The only to Jehovah, the creator. Jesus said I and my father are one(John10:30), he that receive me receive him that sent me. So there is no way can claim to serve Jehovah by rejecting his Son, and the Holy Spirit has been given us so to help comfort us in this christian race. I pray God preserve us blameless and spotless before the coming of His Son.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 21, 2013
chineke m oo these people dont read bible oooo
1 john 5v7 FOR THERE ARE THREE THAT BEAR RECORD IN HEAVEN, THE FATHER, THE WORD(JESUS) AND THE HOLY GHOST, THESE THREE ARE ONE!!!!
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 21, 2013
frosbel: The Trinity is a PAGAN concept and has nothing to do with God.

There is one God , one Messiah and one Spirit. The Spirit and God are inseparable.
read your Bible well!! Jesus stop spewing bullshit
1 john 5v7 FOR THERE ARE THREE THAT BEAR RECORD IN HEAVEN, THE FATHER, THE WORD(JESUS) AND THE HOLY GHOST, THESE THREE ARE ONE!!!!
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by lovejo(m): 3:32am On Oct 21, 2013
robian1: read your Bible well!! Jesus stop spewing bullshit

God operated in the dispensation:
1} Old Testament as Father or Lord.
2} New testament as Son, which is Jesus christ.
3} Our generation, which is holy spirit we have today.
There is one God with three title..Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

One God in three way manifestation, not 3 God in one way, that is blasphemy
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by emmabest2000(m): 4:59am On Oct 21, 2013
idnoble135:
The Holy Spirit is not a force. He is a person, a divine person
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom
the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you
all things, and bring all things to your
remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

The Bible uses HE not It. Here below shows you that the Holy Spirit is a person and not a force:
1. • The Holy Spirit has a Mind:
Romans 8:27
And he who searches our hearts knows the mind
of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the
saints in accordance with God's will. (NIV)

2. • The Holy Spirit has a Will:
1 Corinthians 12:11
But one and the same Spirit works all these things,
distributing to each one individually just as He wills. (NASB)

3. • The Holy Spirit has Emotions: The Holy Spirit grieves:
Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with
whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. (NIV)
Isaiah 63:10
Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he
turned and became their enemy and he himself
fought against them. (NIV)

[color=#990000][/color]
Great post

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by phransix147(m): 7:03am On Oct 21, 2013
Baptism of Jesus Christ made it clear that there are 3 seperate entities. Jesus was on earth, the voice of God was heard from heaven and the Holy spirit (which is the invisible force of God) has no exact shape or size appeared in form of Dove. (Mat.3:16-17) and its not possible that durin the whole conception of Jesus in the womb of mary the was no God in heaven or Earth for the Jesus was in the womb of mary. And when Jesus was killed and buried, then resurrected on the 3 day there was no God in existence for those 3 days? Not possible! God can never be killed or destroyed. Jesus christ even cleared the air in John 5:30. Trinity is a false doctrine!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, The Senior Pastor Of Christ Embassy, Lagos Nigeria, Res / Proliferation Of Churches: A Need Or Nuisance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.