Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,047 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? (9598 Views)

Understanding The Concept of Tithing / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by jamp: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2013
As a catholic we believed in trinity but I ve a question for those who say purgatory is not in the Bible; Is trinity in the Bible?
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by maximunimpact(m): 10:29am On Oct 20, 2013
Nuvally:

Keep quiet!

Keep quiet 4 wat? because he doesn't agree wit ur stand? Pls exercise tolerance and xist in unity eventhough ur belif is diffrnt frm his. Everybody cannot be right sametime visa-viz. Trinity is just d tradition of men invented in d 4th century by Roman catholic through Costaintin d den Roman emperor. It was den incorporated into church tradition anong other dogma wch is no tot in d bible. During protestanism, most of these wrong doctrines were rejected by those who broke away from Roman catholuics, but unfortunately, most of the protestant churches took along with denm d trinity dogma. There lies d bigest challenge, even within d protestants, those who reject d trinity are looked upon as apostates.......so my question nw is if the Roman Catholic church has allowed protestants all these centuries to practice wat dey beliv freely, why can't so called protestant allow non-trinitarians practice wat dey beliv?

4 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:32am On Oct 20, 2013
Trinity... grin

Three entities, same person, different powers.. grin

That trinity Shiite is bananas.. grin
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Saxophemsy: 10:32am On Oct 20, 2013
We are in the third day,the day of the holy spirit. There was a time when it was the father that was at work in the earth,every1 that had a revelation had it direct from the father. But then he stepped aside so that the son could speak...the people were still looking to encounter the father directly, Jesus says once you see me, you have seen the father. Now, when Jesus was about to go he introduced the holy spirit personally. He said unless i go HE(take note,the holy spirit is a person) cannot come. Thats the third day,the third and the final day. You see the 3 of them are in agreement with each other, its one vision that's driving them. It's the final temple and that is why all christians need the holy spirit indwelling and filling them so as to lead them in the final day

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 20, 2013
Saxophemsy: ...while he saw Jesus and the father in heaven, the holy spirit was already with him
does that mean that the holy spirit stays in one place at a time? I mean d holy spirit left heaven for earth so Stephen didn't see it in heaven??

3 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:33am On Oct 20, 2013
jamp: As a catholic we believed in trinity but I ve a question for those who say purgatory is not in the Bible; Is trinity in the Bible?

Becareful what you wish for..

At least the concept of trinity was implied severally in the Bible..
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:38am On Oct 20, 2013
Makes no sense at all
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by cold(m): 10:41am On Oct 20, 2013
I think the Holy Spirit is God's private organ. Remember the 'virgin' Mary was impregnated by the Holy Spirit. More so,i believe God was talking about himself in this verse..of course,only a supreme being can have gęnitals that big & emit propane gases of such magnitude. In any event,why is this even in the bible? God must be really hoŕny

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Olamilekan08(m): 10:46am On Oct 20, 2013
Leo Adewale: My belief is based on Deut. 6:4 , Malachi 2:10 , Mark 10:18 , Romans 3:29 & 30 e.t.c. Futhermore what did Jesus said in John 20:17 ?? What did Paul said in 1Corinthians 11:3 ?? When Stephen was stoned to death in Acts 5:56, he saw the Father (GOD), he saw the Son (JESUS) standing at who's right hand?? Why didn't he see the holy spirit?? This topic should be dropped cos the Bible is God's word and if those Bible verses above doesn't shed light on this trinity matter, then the prophecy of 2 Peter 2:1 - 22 is has to be read over and over again.... I rest my case
those verses says it all.
If anyone want to prove d trinity,he must explain dis verses first.
I'm waiting for someone to list verses of the bible like this, without interpreting from his own reason(in the manner of 'this' implies 'this'), to prove the trinity.

3 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Isahalbash(m): 10:48am On Oct 20, 2013
c confuse fellosc confuse fellosc confuse fellos
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Tracetruth: 10:50am On Oct 20, 2013
GOD IS NOT CONFINED NOR IS HE LIMITED IN MIGHT.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by boloase(m): 10:51am On Oct 20, 2013
if d conception about who is God is not even clear in d Bible, i wonder d very basis of Christianity. accept Islam today n b free from manmade religion n its flaws.

3 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 20, 2013
ty444: will you stop blaspheming and go read your bible again,how do you call the holy spirit an active life force,the holy spirit is Gods lefthand man,just as christ is his righthand man
Lolz, Holy Spirit, 'left hand man'? Abeg, where did you buy that Bible?
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 20, 2013
grandstar: The holy spirit is not a person but Gods active force. Genesis 1:2, Isaiah 40:26, Psalms 36:9. Jesus is his son and not God. Matthew 16:16, John 3:16, 14:28, 20:17. True christians make sure of all things: Ephesians 5:10,17. beware of lies eph 4:1-3
The Holy Spirit is not a force. He is a person, a divine person
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom
the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you
all things, and bring all things to your
remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

The Bible uses HE not It. Here below shows you that the Holy Spirit is a person and not a force:
1. • The Holy Spirit has a Mind:
Romans 8:27
And he who searches our hearts knows the mind
of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the
saints in accordance with God's will. (NIV)

2. • The Holy Spirit has a Will:
1 Corinthians 12:11
But one and the same Spirit works all these things,
distributing to each one individually just as He wills. (NASB)

3. • The Holy Spirit has Emotions: The Holy Spirit grieves:
Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with
whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. (NIV)
Isaiah 63:10
Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he
turned and became their enemy and he himself
fought against them. (NIV)

[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by gbadexy(m): 11:01am On Oct 20, 2013
Does that mean that the father and the son don't have spirits and share a single holy spirit , which would make them both inconsequential as the spirit moves the being and the spirit uses them as alter egos .
Because I assume the father has his own personality and the son has his own personality too and though process, if not he would know the exact end time.
In view of this, it would show that they have different soul and spirit.
Its either there is only one Spirit; God that uses the father figure and son figure separately making it just one Holy spirit or the father and the son don't exist at all and we only have God which is Holy spirit. It doesn't make sense otherwise.
Adam also had no parents and was brought to like with God's breath(spirit) and eve had no mother and was obviously animated with God's breath just as jesus had no earthly father and was animated with God's spirit(breath)
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 20, 2013
^ ^ ^
Do not confuse yourself.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by sweetflame(m): 11:04am On Oct 20, 2013
cheesy Simply Put

GOD created all things even Jesus (God is the Father)

Jesus christ is The Son of God (Not God)

HoLy Spirit Is Gods Active Force (like his power which he uses to carry out his wishes/will, HOLY SPIRIT is not a person nor is it God)

There's Only one God n Not three persons in him !

•Leaves thread• cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Emary(f): 11:08am On Oct 20, 2013
To me, they have always been different manifestations of the same God who appear in different functions when necessary. Not the same function but the same entity. The sins of Adam separated man from God's presence. Only a pure sacrifice could be made so the Omnipresent God Himself manifested on earth to walk among men but He was not God the Father as of old. TheJews only knew the Father so to reach them, the Son needed to show allegiance to the Father or it would have appear to be a different religion. Christ did not come to establish a new religion but to show man that it was not the letters of the Law but true worship that was necessary to please God. After the sacrificial work of Christ was done, the Holy Spirit came down to continue to intercede for the church. It will all be made very clear on the last day.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by jamp: 11:12am On Oct 20, 2013
Okija_juju:

Becareful what you wish for..

At least the concept of trinity was implied severally in the Bible..

So also the doctrine of purgatory was also implied in scritpure.

Let me ask u again ; is white wedding and the use of ring in the Bible? Or was it implied
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:15am On Oct 20, 2013
jamp:

So also the doctrine of purgatory was also implied in scritpure.

Let me ask u again ; is white wedding and the use of ring in the Bible? Or was it implied

You may want to go check the difference between 'Christian tradition' and 'biblical fact'..

Where did the bible imply or refer to purgatory?
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by jamp: 11:25am On Oct 20, 2013
Okija_juju:

You may want to go check the difference between 'Christian tradition' and 'biblical fact'..

Where did the bible imply or refer to purgatory?

Am not here to argue wit you cos we will not make headway as I will not accept urs likewise u. As christians we worship d same God. Whatever doctrine we believe in is based on sacred scripture or sacred tradition. 2 Thess 2 vs 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by omiobo: 11:26am On Oct 20, 2013
I believe in trinity. God created heaven and earth through the word,Jesus. Before the creation,bible said the spirit of God was moving over the water. Gen 1vs1:3,John 1vs 1:5. Before God can move,the spirit of God needs to move and the words need to be spoken. The cannot be seperated,they work together and they are one.

I refused to go to church today because I'm not really getting the message my spirit crave for. Nowadays we are not spirit filled church. The only thing they preach about his prosperity. God help us.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by sweetflame(m): 11:36am On Oct 20, 2013
idnoble135:
The Holy Spirit is not a force. He is a person, a divine person
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom
the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you
all things, and bring all things to your
remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

The Bible uses HE not It. Here below shows you that the Holy Spirit is a person and not a force:
1. • The Holy Spirit has a Mind:
Romans 8:27
And he who searches our hearts knows the mind
of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the
saints in accordance with God's will. (NIV)

2. • The Holy Spirit has a Will:
1 Corinthians 12:11
But one and the same Spirit works all these things,
distributing to each one individually just as He wills. (NASB)

3. • The Holy Spirit has Emotions: The Holy Spirit grieves:
Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with
whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. (NIV)
Isaiah 63:10
Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he
turned and became their enemy and he himself
fought against them. (NIV)

[color=#990000][/color]

How can a person fill another person?

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Redhot111(m): 11:40am On Oct 20, 2013
grandstar: The holy spirit is not a person but Gods active force. Genesis 1:2, Isaiah 40:26, Psalms 36:9. Jesus is his son and not God. Matthew 16:16, John 3:16, 14:28, 20:17. True christians make sure of all things: Ephesians 5:10,17. beware of lies eph 4:1-3
Gbam! Dat's d complete summary. 'God in action' very on point
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by sweetflame(m): 11:44am On Oct 20, 2013
Leo Adewale: My belief is based on Deut. 6:4 , Malachi 2:10 , Mark 10:18 , Romans 3:29 & 30 e.t.c. Futhermore what did Jesus said in John 20:17 ?? What did Paul said in 1Corinthians 11:3 ?? When Stephen was stoned to death in Acts 5:56, he saw the Father (GOD), he saw the Son (JESUS) standing at who's right hand?? Why didn't he see the holy spirit?? This topic should be dropped cos the Bible is God's word and if those Bible verses above doesn't shed light on this trinity matter, then the prophecy of 2 Peter 2:1 - 22 is has to be read over and over again.... I rest my case

They must be dumb if after reading this n still tink there's trinity, NICE one tho smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by kolypo: 11:45am On Oct 20, 2013
38 Simple Reasons Why Is Jesus Not God
1- God Doesn’t Change His Nature (Malachi
3:6)
2- GOD Almighty is Greater than Jesus. (John
14:28 )
3- No one is "Good" including Jesus. Only
GOD is" Good" (Luke 18:19)
4- Jesus said he doesn't know when the
Hour
will come. Only GOD Knows. (Mark 13:32)
5- Jesus said that" OUR God is One GOD
" (Mark 12:29 )
6- Jesus also said "My GOD and your
GOD" (John 20:17)
7- Jesus bowed his face down to the ground
to GOD Almighty. (Matthew 26:39)
8- Jesus was tempted by satan for 40 days
(Mat1:4), while GOD Almighty can not be
tempted (Jacob 1:13)
9- Jesus said he is a man (John 8:40)
10- God is neither a man nor a son of a man
(Numbers 23:19)
11- No one can see god (1 John 4:20) but
people saw Jesus
12- God is the living and everlasting
(Habakkuk 1:12)
13- Jesus always confessed he is just a
prophet sent by god (Matthew 21:10-11)
14- God Declare Himself to be God, Jesus
didn't (Ezekiel 20:20)
15- Jesus told his real mission was to preach
not sacrifice (Mark 1:38)
16- Jesus desired Mercy not Sacrifice
(Matthew 9:13)
Jesus refered himseld as
17- Servant:
Matthew 10:24, 24:45, 12:18 John 13:16
18- Prophet:
Matthew 8:20 13:16,21:11, Mark 6:15, 6;4,
9;37, Luke 7:16, 9:8, 9:19, John 13:17, 7:16,
6:14, 7:40
19- Son of Man:
Matthew 5:9, 17:22, 8:20, 18:11, 26:2, Luke
9:22, John 5:27
20- Slave:
John 13:16, Matthew 10:24
21- Student:
Matthew 10:24
22- Father is Grater than Jesus (John 14:28)
How can someone can be greater than God?
23- Jesus was taught by the Father (John
8:28)
24- Jesus can do nothing by himself (John
5:19, John 5:30)
25- Jesus does not even has his own
doctrine (John 7:16)
26- Jesus ascend to his God (John 20:17)
27- According to Christian Jesus died as
recorded in Matthew 27:27-56 but Bible says
that God is infinite Pslam 102:27-27
28- Jesus needed to Pray, Eat, Drink and Was
Helped by Woman, as stated in Luke 8:1-3
but God in Bible is self-sufficient Psalm
50:12
29- The God remain the same in nature
(Hebrews 1:12)
30- Jesus is the same human today,
yesterday and forver (Hebrew 13:cool
31- Jesus could not save anyone as he was
even not able to save himself (Hebrews
5:1-cool
32- Jesus said he was send to lost sheep of
Israel (Matthew 15:24)
33- God can not be born and perhaps form
his own creation
34- Jesus never said people to worship me
35- Jesus did not thaught Trinity
36- God is the essence of the worship. He is
the object of worship. Had Jesus been God,
he would have told people to worship him.
Truly, he did the exact opposite as in
Matthew 15:9
37- Jesus never called his followers
Christians, Paul did
38- Jesus as a servant ofGod (Matthew 12:18

5 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Orhuerakpo(m): 11:50am On Oct 20, 2013
ask emperor constantine and the pope of his era about the trinity
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 20, 2013
sweetflame:

How can a person fill another person?
He is not a human. He is divine. And with that, I do not claim to know how He lives in us but, I'm sure He lives in us.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 20, 2013
^ ^ ^
38 whatever?
Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Yujin(m): 12:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
Brother, how come you started well only to end up badly? How did you expect Stephen to see the Holy Spirit when Jesus Christ Himself said that 'if I (Jesus) did not go, He(Holy Spirit) will not come'? Remember, the Holy Spirit had come on the day of Pentecost- that was before Stephen's debacle.
@topic:
I believe in the Trinity in the simplest concept surrounding them. In Gen.1vs1-2, the Bible says that God created the earth... And the 'Spirit of God' was moving over the water. This was the first mention of the Holy Spirit. Now down to Gen.11vs5-7 in the story of the tower of Babel. Here you see the Lord(God) said 'let 'us' go down and mix up their language so that they don't understand one another'. The 'us' above is referring to the Trinity.
Jesus while instructing His disciples on the Great Commission told them to baptize anyone who believes in the name of 'the Father, Son and Holy Spirit'. What do these quotations tell you? The Holy Spirit is a person just that He mostly manisfest Himself in many ways outside the human form e.g like a dove, tongue of fire, a rushing wind etc to do the job expected of Him. Like someone else has written, he has emotions and communicates plus many other personality features.
Finally, it is not enough to believe in God because even the devils believe in God. It is also not enough to accept Jesus Christ as saviour for trials, temptations and persecution can wear you down or you may lose track of your salvation unless the Holy Spirit always bear witness with your spirit that your are of God. The Holy Spirit is the 'seal' or signature in us(true children of God) that can guarantee our salvation on the day of redemption. This is only after we have received Jesus as Saviour and we abide or remain true to our faith.
This is the way I understand Trinity- no more no less.

3 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Darey4u2010(m): 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
Trinity? Three in one! Be careful of Matthew 12 vs 32. This matter is enigmatic.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by sweetflame(m): 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2013
idnoble135:
He is not a human. He is divine. And with that, I do not claim to know how He lives in us but, I'm sure He lives in us.

that doesn't make it a person, divine or not! Its like Gods power, just like if u wanna do work or something, u use energy, so d holy spirit is like Gods energy which he uses in fulfilling/carry out his purposes, its Gods active force!, read Genesis 1 : 2, it describes d holy spirit as his active force, its not a person like God or Jesus. smiley , God gives it to us to help us carry out his will fully like energy or something cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? / Pope Francis Speaks On ‘Frequent Kidnappings’ In Nigeria / Proliferation Of Churches: A Need Or Nuisance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.