Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? (9600 Views)

Understanding The Concept of Tithing / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by khattab02: 7:37am On Oct 21, 2013
lovejo:

God operated in the dispensation:
1} Old Testament as Father or Lord.
2} New testament as Son, which is Jesus christ.
3} Our generation, which is holy spirit we have today.
There is one God with three title..Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

One God in three way manifestation, not 3 God in one way, that is blasphemy
Hmmm..ONE GOD IN Three Way Manifestation, compare that with what GOD said in MALACHI 3:6 ' I AM THE LORD THY GOD AND I DONOT CHANGE'?
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Emusan(m): 7:57am On Oct 21, 2013
khattab02: Hmmmmm... MAY BE YOU SHOULD ASK FROSBEL WHY HE THINKS TRINITY IS A PAGAN CONCEPT? HAVE I QUOTE ANY QUR'AN OR SCRIPTURE? NO! THIS IS NOT BEING BIASED ABOUT THE BIBLE BUT WHAT THE BIBLE ITSELF HAS TO SAY.

So Frosbel is now the final say of Christian? didn't you read where Jesus said "I and my Father are one" and so on
Just do as I've said!
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 21, 2013
Emusan:

So Frosbel is now the final say of Christian? didn't you read where Jesus said "I and my Father are one" and so on
Just do as I've said!

But Jesus said we are also one with him and the father, does that make us God or Christ ?

3 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2013
khattab02: Hmmm..ONE GOD IN Three Way Manifestation, compare that with what GOD said in MALACHI 3:6 ' I AM THE LORD THY GOD AND I DONOT CHANGE'?

they refuse to learn and throw away this Pagan concept.

God is not 3, either as 3 distinct persons or 1 person In 3 roles.

God is ONE.

Jesus is ONE.

And the Holy Spirit is God's Spirit which he shares with Jesus.

Again, the Trinity is PAGAN.

smiley

3 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 21, 2013
phransix147: Baptism of Jesus Christ made it clear that there are 3 seperate entities. Jesus was on earth, the voice of God was heard from heaven and the Holy spirit (which is the invisible force of God) has no exact shape or size appeared in form of Dove. (Mat.3:16-17) and its not possible that durin the whole conception of Jesus in the womb of mary the was no God in heaven or Earth for the Jesus was in the womb of mary. And when Jesus was killed and buried, then resurrected on the 3 day there was no God in existence for those 3 days? Not possible! God can never be killed or destroyed. Jesus christ even cleared the air in John 5:30. Trinity is a false doctrine!

No , you are wrong , this passage is no way entertains such a remarkable fantasy.

God cannot be a he if he is 3, he will be a they.

So is God a he or a they , tell us ?
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 21, 2013
robian1: read your Bible well!! Jesus stop spewing bullshit
1 john 5v7 FOR THERE ARE THREE THAT BEAR RECORD IN HEAVEN, THE FATHER, THE WORD(JESUS) AND THE HOLY GHOST, THESE THREE ARE ONE!!!!

The fruits of Trinity Christians - what is new !
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Joshthefirst(m): 8:26am On Oct 21, 2013
frosbel:

The fruits of Trinity Christians - what is new !
biased criticism.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Emusan(m): 8:31am On Oct 21, 2013
frosbel:

But Jesus said we are also one with him and the father, does that make us God or Christ ?

Na today we dey talk am....hmmmmmm
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by matrix789: 8:33am On Oct 21, 2013
Isaiah 40:13-15
13 Who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, Or as His counselor has taught Him?
14 With whom did He take counsel, and who instructed Him, And taught Him in the path of justice? Who taught Him knowledge, And showed Him the way of understanding?
15 Behold, the nations are as a drop in a bucket, And are counted as the small dust on the scales; Look, He lifts up the isles as a very little thing.
It does not matter the concept or what we feel about the Holy Spirit.
Just Obey Jesus and make Heaven.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by khattab02: 8:38am On Oct 21, 2013
YES I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE BUT ONE IN WHAT? WHAT IS THE CONTEXT? IN ANOTHER PLACE THE FATHER IS GREATER THAN I, THE FATHER IS GREATER THAN ALL.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Joshthefirst(m): 8:38am On Oct 21, 2013
@ emusan and frosbel
Jesus claimed to be I AM

Even the jews recognized that and took up stones to throw at him.
John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him:...

John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Lilimax(f): 8:41am On Oct 21, 2013
Okija_juju:

Becareful what you wish for..

At least the concept of trinity was implied severally in the Bible..
Fact!
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Lilimax(f): 8:43am On Oct 21, 2013
modash: 1+1+1=1
A truth above human reasoning...
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Lilimax(f): 8:45am On Oct 21, 2013
robian1: read your Bible well!! Jesus stop spewing bullshit
1 john 5v7 FOR THERE ARE THREE THAT BEAR RECORD IN HEAVEN, THE FATHER, THE WORD(JESUS) AND THE HOLY GHOST, THESE THREE ARE ONE!!!!
These aspect of the Bible is no longer in Jehova Witness Bible undecided?

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Lilimax(f): 8:46am On Oct 21, 2013
frosbel: Jesus is a MAN , not Almighty GOD.

Jesus is the only perfect MAN who ever existed and as the Son of GOD has been appointed Lord over all.

Stop this pagan nonsense about Jesus being a second person of a so called Trinity.

smiley
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Enigma(m): 9:07am On Oct 21, 2013
^^^ Don't stress yourself. Hold on fast to what you know. It is clear as day from the Bible that Jesus is God the Son. smiley
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 21, 2013
Who do we believe, Jesus or MAN.

MEN say :

For God so loved the world that he made himself incomprehensible and impossible to understand !

Jesus said :

""This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." - John 17:3

smiley

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by khattab02: 9:51am On Oct 21, 2013
Lilimax: These aspect of the Bible is no longer in Jehova Witness Bible undecided?
OH ooo.. ALSO NOT IN THE REVISED STANDARD EDITION BY 32 SCHOLARS OF HIGHEST EMINENCE BACKED BY 50 COOPERATING DENOMINATION . IT HAS BEEN THROW OUT AS FABRICATION, CONCOCTION, INTERPOLATION.

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Emusan(m): 11:15am On Oct 21, 2013
khattab02: OH ooo.. ALSO NOT IN THE REVISED STANDARD EDITION BY 32 SCHOLARS OF HIGHEST EMINENCE BACKED BY 50 COOPERATING DENOMINATION . IT HAS BEEN THROW OUT AS FABRICATION, CONCOCTION, INTERPOLATION.

Your case is something else.....if that verse has been thrown out by 32 scholar do they throw away those verse that said Jesus died? You embraced them now but later go against them when they say Jesus died, confuse fellow..
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by enginexy10(m): 12:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
The Bible’s answer

Jesus’ opposers accused him of making himself equal to God. (John 5:18; 10:30-33) However, Jesus never claimed to be on the same level as Almighty God. He said: “"The Father is greater than I am."”—John 14:28.

Jesus’ early followers did not view him as being equal to Almighty God. For example, the apostle Paul wrote that after Jesus was resurrected, God “"exalted him [Jesus] to a superior position."” Obviously, Paul did not believe that Jesus was Almighty God. Otherwise, how could God exalt Jesus to a superior position? —Philippians 2:9.

2 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by enginexy10(m): 12:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
The Bible’s answer

Many Christian denominations teach that God is a Trinity. However, note what the Encyclopædia Britannica states: “"Neither the word Trinity nor the explicit doctrine appears in the New Testament . . . The doctrine developed gradually over several centuries and through many controversies."”

In fact, the God of the Bible is never described as being part of a Trinity. Note these Bible passages:

“"Jehovah our God is one Jehovah."”—Deuteronomy 6:4.

“"You, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth."”—Psalm 83:18.

“"This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."”—John 17:3.

“"God is only one."”—Galatians 3:20.

Why do most Christian denominations say that God is a Trinity?

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by enginexy10(m): 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
myth...God Is a Trinity
What is the origin of the myth?

“The impression could arise that the Trinitarian dogma is in the last analysis a late 4th-century invention. In a sense, this is true . . . The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century.”—New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Volume 14, page 299.

“The Council of Nicaea met on May 20, 325 [C.E.]. Constantine himself presided, actively guiding the discussions, and personally proposed . . . the crucial formula expressing the relation of Christ to God in the creed issued by the council, ‘of one substance with the Father.’ . . . Overawed by the emperor, the bishops, with two exceptions only, signed the creed, many of them much against their inclination.”—Encyclopædia Britannica (1970), Volume 6, page 386.
What does the Bible say?

“Stephen, filled with the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at God’s right hand. ‘Look! I can see heaven thrown open,’ he said, ‘and the Son of man standing at the right hand of God.’”—Acts 7:55, 56, The New Jerusalem Bible.

What did this vision reveal? Filled with God’s active force, Stephen saw Jesus “standing at God’s right hand.” Clearly, then, Jesus did not become God again after his resurrection to heaven but, rather, a distinct spiritual being. There is no mention of a third person next to God in this account. Despite attempts to find passages of Scripture to support the Trinity dogma, Dominican priest Marie-Émile Boismard wrote in his book À l’aube du christianisme—La naissance des dogmes (At the Dawn of Christianity—The Birth of Dogmas): “The statement that there are three persons in the one God . . . cannot be read anywhere in the New Testament.”

The dogma that Constantine championed was intended to put an end to dissensions within the fourth-century Church. However, it actually raised another issue: Was Mary, the woman who bore Jesus, “the Mother of God”?

Compare these Bible verses: Matthew 26:39; John 14:28; 1 Corinthians 15:27, 28; Colossians 1:15, 16

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2013
Lilimax: These aspect of the Bible is no longer in Jehova Witness Bible undecided?
yes it has because they removed it from their own Bible!!!!!
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Shyeikulislam1(m): 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2013
1+1+1=1 , i am still searching for the mathematical principle that was applied. " there are three that bear witness in heaven: the father, the son and the holy ghost and these three are one" 1john 5 vs 7 (KJV)

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
robian1: yes it has because they removed it from their own Bible!!!!!
kindly PROVE IT
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 21, 2013
Leo Adewale: kindly PROVE IT
prove it to yourself! find a Jehovah witness Bible and look for 1 john 5v7
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by khattab02: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2013
Emusan:

Your case is something else.....if that verse has been thrown out by 32 scholar do they throw away those verse that said Jesus died? You embraced them now but later go against them when they say Jesus died, confuse fellow..
LOL... U ARE FUNNY.. DID I REMOVE THE VERSE? DO YOU THINK THAT IS THE ONLY VERSE THE REMOVED? SOMEONE CAN EVEN PROVE FROM THAT SAME BIBLE THAT HE DID NOT DIE. I SAY WHO IS MORE CONFUSED, THE TRANSLATORS OR THE REVISERS?
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by CAPTIVATOR: 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2013
elfiddy: Check 1st john 5 vs 7
MR MAN, 1JOHN 5:7 reads "For there are three witness beares" Check all Old Manuscript or Old BIBLES, it was MANIPULATED coz Dey wanna prove UNBIBLICAL Trinity, So dat Bible Verse NEVA ORIGINALLY SUPPORT TRINITY!!!

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by CAPTIVATOR: 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2013
Eureka007: During the baptism of jesus .the father spoke from heaven-this is my beloved son in whoom am well pleased with.we saw the holy spirit in form of dove and jesus the son presnt as well
Y do pple Reason dis way despite all our Education, Didn't dat Shows Dey are DIFFERENT Individuals Infact @ Dat Special Moment in Matthew 3:17 the truth is revealed ALMIGHTY GOD SAID About Jesus "This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved" , THIS IS MY SON, BRO ITS CLEAR.....TRINITY IS PAGAN, CHRISTENDOM IS IN BIG TROUBLE FOR IMPERSONATING GOD!!!

1 Like

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by CAPTIVATOR: 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
Pvictor10: Matthew 28vs19
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Trinity
This Text mentioninng the Three together Neva Proved ur False Trinity....4 ur Info, Dey are "Insufficient" to prove Trinity. Compare 1 Timothy 5:21 where ALMIGHTY GOD, Christ and the Angels are Mentioned Together. Wat will u call theses? Mayb Millionity or Billionity abi ....

2 Likes

Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by CAPTIVATOR: 3:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
Av u tink carefully abt dis question? ....
WHAT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT? .....BRO, A comparison of Bible Texts that refer to the Holy Spirit shows dat it is spoken as 'Filling' People (Luke 1:41); they can be "annointed" (Acts 10:38)with it nd Baptized with it. My Broda..None of dese expressions will b appropriate if the holy spirit were a person.

At this Point.....U will recall dat Jesus refer to it as a "Helper" nd he said dis Helper would Teach, bear witness, speak, and Hear....But does dat Shows Dat Holy Spirit is a
Re: The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? by CAPTIVATOR: 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
Av u tink carefully abt dis question? ....
WHAT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT? .....BRO, A comparison of Bible Texts that refer to the Holy Spirit shows dat it is spoken as 'Filling' People (Luke 1:41); they can be "annointed" (Acts 10:38)with it nd Baptized with it. My Broda..None of dese expressions will b appropriate if the holy spirit were a person.

At this Point.....U will recall dat Jesus refer to it as a "Helper" nd he said dis Helper would Teach, bear witness, speak, and Hear....But does dat Shows Dat shows dat its a person? ...NOoo, It is not unusual for something to be PERSONIFIED in d Scripture. For Example Wisdom is said to have "Children" (Luke 7:35) Infact Sin nd Death are spoken of as Being Kings.(Romans 5:14,21) While some texts say that the spirit "Spoke," other passages makes CLEAR DAT THIS WAS DONE THRU ANGELS OR HUMANS (Check Acts 2:24, 25; 28:25; Matthew 10:19,20; Also Compare Acts 20:23 with 21:10,11) So NONE of these expressions Prove that the holy Spirit is a person.

The Correct identification of the holy spirit must fit all d Scriptures that refer to that spirit. With this Viewpoint, It is Logical to conclude that the holy spirit is NOT a Person but is a powerful force that God causes to emanate from himself to accomplish his only will.- As shown in Psalm 104:30; 2Peter 1:21; Acts 4:31.
Wow! dats Y God thru his Son Jesus ask us to Pray for it so it can Help us Mantain Righteousness Despite our Sinful Being (Luke 11:13) ....Bro, Can u now see dat indeed God is Love for givin us such Gift to maintain Righteousness (Luke 11:13) ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? / That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' / Proliferation Of Churches: A Need Or Nuisance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.