Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,716 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:47 AM

video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 (5510 Views)

Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) / Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 / Gen. Gowon interviewed hours after surrender of Biafra; he blames Ojukwu for war (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2013
cKaiser:

1. In Nigeria your ethnic group classification isnt as a result of your place of birth. Chukwuma kaduna Nzeogwu is an Ibo man who led his Ibo friends like Onwuatuegwu, Anuforo, Okafor, Nwobosi and Ifeajuna to kill other tribal leaders while sparing theirs.

Assuming youre African American Tell me what you would have done if a bunch of white soldiers just wake up and kill Obama, Al Sharpton, Attorney Holder, Key Black leaders in Senate and Jesse jackson all the black leaders claiming they were corrupt and sparing all white politicians including Obamas Vice, a dn all white members of Sentate congress and cabinet

2. Where in the world has action and reaction been opposite? In WW1 Archduke Ferdinand was killed, ver 5 million people died as a result. When Al Qaeda attacked Americs why didnt just go after those Al Qaeda men? How many people have died in Iraq or Afghnaistan as a result of those actions? Are there no innocent ppl among them?

3. When Ironsi arrested Kaduna Nzeogwu what happened? Ibo soldiers killed Other regional leaders yet Ironsi another ibo was handling this delicate situation with kids gloves. Until the aggrieved soldiers took the law into their hands. In the example I gave before Assuming a white man becomes US president after cleansing the blacks and instead of prosecuting the killers he was just foot draging

What would you expect the aggrieved parties to do

Like I said Ojukwu was a coward and the Ibos brought the war upon themselves as a result of the january 15 1966 coup

1. For obvious reasons, you left out the non Igbo officers involved in the coup.
2. I get your argument, except that we of the Biafran Nation have the right to self determination and self rule. The action of the pogrom has brought about the reaction of self determination. Nigerians should get over it, Biafra must go.
3. Igbos brought war upon themselves by the coup? AS much as you fail to draw the line between the soldier/political class from the rest of the people, then stop crying over the fact that we the People of Biafra are not interested in the entity called "one" Nigeria.

Ojukwu can remain your coward but he remains our hero!

It is only a coward that will fold his hands and look the other way while his family is being wasted.
We are going home to Biafra and Nigeria can continue in her self delusion that killing us will stop Biafra!
Men may die, but Biafra lives on.

Ojukwu the "coward: is gone, but we want nothing but Baifra!

If not for any other reason, a nation where a child who scored 69% in an entrance exam is denied admission while another who scored 1% is offered admission is a biog LIE. I cant continue to live in a lie.
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2013
Fulani people are systematically wiping out Gowons relatives in Plateau state. So much for one Nigeria.

Gowon has learnt the bitter lesson that even small Plateau state is impossible to unite. Not to talk of the whole Nigeria.

I wish him and his lineage luck as their darkness unfolds.

Karma is really a b*tch
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by litelov: 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
@ckiaser

U didn't any of my questions. You posed more questions which I will gladly answer.

First if white take black junior officers to kill blacks, we will start retaliating by lynching those blacks. Reports from both sides agreed that Mr kadunna led a group of soldiers who where not only ibos to kill sokoto. He described them as a "truly Nigerian gathering." Even the white interviewer asked Mr kadunna if the group was willing and he revealed that they were all armed while he was not. They could easily have killed him. A northern Hausa claimed that it was an Hausa that killed sokoto! I think the book is called "Let the truth be told." The "Ibo coup" was celebrated in Lagos and the north. U tube videos confirm this. After the coup Mr kadunna had control of the north where he paraded himself granting interviews. Why didn't any of the northern "heroes" kill him? Again where was ibb, abacha, danjuma, and Mr Muhammad? The answer is that they were waiting to see whether the situation will benefit them. If the coup had succeded and they were given good positions, they would have forgotten about retaliation. Ironsi I believe was incorruptible, that's why he was killed by the western powers that manipulate Africans.

2) ironsi had the coup plotters in jail seating trail. That is the most civilized thing to do. But Africans are not that civilized, they believe in kill killl killl in retaliation. If a thourough investigation was completed, you'd be surprised who backed up that coup. There are terrorist who have been in American detention for years. The idea to do a thourough investigation and get to the root of it all.

3) the war in Iraq was not in response to alquada. It was supposedly due to Saddam possessing weapons of mass destruction. Even at that, women, children and civilians were not tethered by americanss.
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by cKaiser: 4:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
Son-Of-El:

mr man, do your homework properly. The asaba massacre, aba and nsukka air raid, etc, on civilians, not to mention, the starvation policy that decimated children in their millions, shows how satanic your pathetic gowon, wasted murtala, demented adekunle, and unfulfilled awo was! Oh i forgot, including a political failure called obj!

And Bello, Balewa Akintola and their families that were killed are not civilians
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by cKaiser: 4:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
litelov: @ckiaser

U didn't any of my questions. You posed more questions which I will gladly answer.

First if white take black junior officers to kill blacks, we will start retaliating by lynching those blacks. Reports from both sides agreed that Mr kadunna led a group of soldiers who where not only ibos to kill sokoto. He described them as a "truly Nigerian gathering." Even the white interviewer asked Mr kadunna if the group was willing and he revealed that they were all armed while he was not. They could easily have killed him. A northern Hausa claimed that it was an Hausa that killed sokoto! I think the book is called "Let the truth be told." The "Ibo coup" was celebrated in Lagos and the north. U tube videos confirm this. After the coup Mr kadunna had control of the north where he paraded himself granting interviews. Why didn't any of the northern "heroes" kill him? Again where was ibb, abacha, danjuma, and Mr Muhammad? The answer is that they were waiting to see whether the situation will benefit them. If the coup had succeded and they were given good positions, they would have forgotten about retaliation. Ironsi I believe was incorruptible, that's why he was killed by the western powers that manipulate Africans.

2) ironsi had the coup plotters in jail seating trail. That is the most civilized thing to do. But Africans are not that civilized, they believe in kill killl killl in retaliation. If a thourough investigation was completed, you'd be surprised who backed up that coup. There are terrorist who have been in American detention for years. The idea to do a thourough investigation and get to the root of it all.

3) the war in Iraq was not in response to alquada. It was supposedly due to Saddam possessing weapons of mass destruction. Even at that, women, children and civilians were not tethered by americanss.

1. there is nothing Nigerian about a gathering of coupist majority ibos who killed majority non Ibos

Prime minister Non ibo - Killed, President - Ibo spared
Premier of northern Region non Ibo = killed
Premier of Western Region Non Ibo = killed
Premier of Eastern Region Ibo = Spared
Premier of Mid western Region Ibo Spared
All ibo Ministers = Spared

NOW MAKE YOUR OWN DEDUCTION and if in your own country that would be acceptable. if that isnt ethnic cleansing then tell me what that is.

2. Immediately after the coup most people didnt have the full details of what happened. it was about 2 weeks before it was confirmed that the prime Minister was killed, it was reported that he was missing, Most of the people rejoicing didnt know the full details until later and they duly took to the street.

If people agreed Congress was the problem of America and you heard everyone of them was killed, maybe some people might celebrate but 4 days later you found out only White congressmen were killed but all Blacks were spared. What would be your reaction. Especially if this was done by a group of 7 black dudes and 1 white

3. The war against terror did it kill innocent civilians too?
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by emeka94(m): 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
Sam_Ikenna: Listen to the universe now, lol!

The wind has blown and we've seen the priest's pant.
We love Ojukwu. All Igbos great and small love him so suck on that Gowon or should I say "Go On With One Nigeria." We know who's bleeding now, we know those that are roasting and eating their former comrades today. Nigeria is angry because we didn't deliver Ojukwu's head to them. Well, guess what? we don't turn on our own. And that's more reason GEJ's haters should put their energy to use in other ethnic groups because we're not about to learn 'double talk' and backstabbing now.

If we're with you then we're with you - end of the story. Our elders instructed Ojukwu to declare Biafra while you, Gowon, declared war. We fought it and lost but we didnt lose our dignity. Time has shown we even won the war and incase you don't believe me check the stats on university enrollment, admin cut-off point, human development index, employment rate - be it self-employment or otherwise, access to health, female literacy rate, mother/child mortality rate, number of students and professionals in the disapora, etc. I can go on and on.

But what has the so-called core winners of the battle got to show after their premature celebration? Boko haram, matasine or whatever they call it, 10 million Almajiris, desert encroachment, Fulani vs Berom, Fulani vs Hausa, Fulani vs Oyo, Fulani vs all, Polio epidemic, educational disadvantage label for all their states, loss of their Ijaw and middle belt war friends, hunger for the presidency, bombing all over the north, roasting and eating of eachother, illiteracy all over the place despite 2 points cut-off point for some of their states as opposed to 134 average for 5 south eastern states. And I haven't even added Igbos in Rivers, Delta, and Edo, Lol!

Incase you dont't know it, your war gave us a united Igbo nation. We're holding on to that while your Hausa-Fulani instigators have almost totally wiped out your people, and guess what? The rest of your so-called southern friends have not and will never lift a finger to say jack. The same way they bailed on us is the same way they've kept hands akimbo while your people duel it out with blood thirsty Jihadists. Tell me when last Lagos media or any other media house down south yelled and called out Fulani in their quest to turning your people to cattle forage crop? Never, never gonna happen. So who lost then?

So next time before y'all start yapping about Ojukwu, civil war, or Igbo, ask your selves what did you gain from the so-called victory. Today SE and SS are interestingly united and shivers are going down y'all spine. You balkanized Igboland yet today Igbos world over are indentifying with their ancestry. Before the civil war most Igbos never used the word "Igbo" as maiden names, but in your grand design to destroy us you made the opportunity possible for Igbo nation to be, perhaps, the only nation in the face of the earth to have over 10% of their population use their ethnicity as their first names. Suck on that Gowon!

Our heads are high and there's nothing you can do about it. We have documented all you and your fellow criminals did during and after the war so go ahaed and run but can never hide. All generations of Igbo people will know it and at the appropriate time you will pay. It doesn't matter how long it takes. The only saving grace will be apology from you and the nations that joined in slaughtering 3 million of my kinsmen simply because they rejected a murderous jihadist nation. If it takes one thousand years from now we will wait. Take the presidency, take all our abandon property - we will wait. Chide us, taunt us, humiliate us, give us 20 pounds - we will fight back, but most importantly, we will wait.

You can only match our patience, resilience, and resolve to collect this debt if and only if you've been through what you made us go through simply because Nigerian, Britain, Russia, Egypt, Sudan, the rest of Arabs, and Christian friends of Jihadists down south felt they could.

Our heads and shoulders are high and we're loving the one Nigeria you created. Hopefully no one will talk about GEJ paying Tompolo or how Asari is rich or how GEJ is letting Boko Haram destroy the core north - sounds like Gowon keeping mute when 50,000 of Easterners were meeting the Jihadists' matchetes. Karma baby, karma. Don't fight it.

Long live Nigeria.
Once you're in you are in, no going out.

Seriously u get time.
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by emeka94(m): 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
noblezone:

1. For obvious reasons, you left out the non Igbo officers involved in the coup.
2. I get your argument, except that we of the Biafran Nation have the right to self determination and self rule. The action of the pogrom has brought about the reaction of self determination. Nigerians should get over it, Biafra must go.
3. Igbos brought war upon themselves by the coup? AS much as you fail to draw the line between the soldier/political class from the rest of the people, then stop crying over the fact that we the People of Biafra are not interested in the entity called "one" Nigeria.

Ojukwu can remain your coward but he remains our hero!

It is only a coward that will fold his hands and look the other way while his family is being wasted.
We are going home to Biafra and Nigeria can continue in her self delusion that killing us will stop Biafra!
Men may die, but Biafra lives on.

Ojukwu the "coward: is gone, but we want nothing but Baifra!

If not for any other reason, a nation where a child who scored 69% in an entrance exam is denied admission while another who scored 1% is offered admission is a biog LIE. I cant continue to live in a lie.

N if u get biafra what will be ur contribution? Do u think biafra was the truth? Or that it would last for how loong before indigene madness tears us apart?
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by debetmx(m): 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
litelov: @debetmx

Thanks for your explanations. I must first say that I'm not supporting any tribe, be it Ibo or Hausa. I'm just seeing things from a fair point of view. The points you raised are interesting, but I have questions for you. Please educate me.

1) I read about the first coup in Nigeria, the five majors coup. Why is this coup called an Ibo coup when the leader of the coup was Mr kadunna, a man who was born and raised in the north? There is definitely something about the way you guys decide who is Ibo, Hausa and youroba that we non Nigerians don't understand. What's the criteria for deciding ones tribe? From what I gathered from Obasanjo's book on Mr kadunna, he was not what you people call core Ibo. Also, he took a handful of soldiers to Mr sokotos house. Were all these soldiers who aided him to kill sokoto all ibos? Weren't they all armed? From what I gathered they were predominantly northern Hausa. Actually I read a book from a northern Nigerian who in his account of the coup stated that it was a northern junior officer that killed Mr sokoto while he struggled with Mr kaduna.

2) if the ibos officers plan a coup and kill major northern officers, why didn't the north in their retaliation only limit their killings to Ibo officers? Why kill children, women, and Ibo civilians all over north. Even if you prove that the first coup was tribalistic, you must agree that the northern retaliatory coup was far worst. It was an ethnic cleansing!!!

2) where were the northern soldiers when kadunna was parading himself and granting interviews in the north after is coup? Where was babangida and danjuma? Why couldn't the fight kadunna if they were not part of the coup? Mr ironsi aressted kadunna after the coup. Was ironsi not Ibo? From what I gathered, it was the ibos, namely Mr ironsi, that foiled that coup. The fact that the the president was away during that coup was a circumstantail evidence, not enough to accuse him of being involved.

Before u answer my questions, let me tell you that all the coups ever done in Nigeria were backed by the same people who use Africans to kill Africans.

1) The planning of the coup was done by Nine (9) Majors namely Ifeajuna, Okafor, Ademoyega, Chukwuka, Chude Sokei, Obienu, Anuforo, Nzeogwu and Onwutuaegwu. Only Seven (7) actually took part in the execution. Chude Sokei was sent abroad for training so was unavailable and Obienu developed cold feet and failed to show upon on the morning of the coup. Major Emmanuel Arinze Ifeajuna was the leader of the coup not Major Chukwuma Nzeogwu. The biafran revisionist and propagandist have tried to ascribed the leadership of the coup to Nzeogwu because of the Kaduna in his name. If you don't believe me kindly read emeka ojukwu's book "Because I Am Involved". Nzeogwu was brought because they needed some to execute the coup in Kaduna, the Northern Region Capital the same they brought in Captain Nwobosi to do same in Ibadan, the Western Region Capital. Nzeogwu had always displayed anti-government inclinations so it was very easy to co-opt him. I would want to believe the "Kaduna" in his name was only a nick-name and not part the name his parents gave to him. 95% of officers and other ranks who took part in the January 15 1966 coup were ibos and besides Nzeogwu actually shot and killed Sergeant Oyeleke when he stopped loading the mortar which was used to blow the lodge of the Premier of the Northern Region. The book you read about the Northern officer who stated that it was a junior northerner officer who killed the Sardauna could not true because Nzeogwu stated himself that he killed Sir Ahmadu Bello and the video is on youtube.

2) I don't support and will never support the killing of innocent people who knew nothing about the coup of January 15, 1966 but true be told the actions of the ibo civilians were nothing to write home about. They openly celebrated the killing of the Northerners and used every opportunity to add salt to the injury of the Northerners and rub it on them. The average ibo man does not care about the feeling of others as long as everything is going fine for him and only remembers we should be our brother's keeper when he is at the receiving end. How many Israelites have the Arabs killed compared to the number of Arabs the Israelites have killed? Has it ever been commensurate?

3) Danjuma (a Christian) and Babangida were not serving in the North then, so I guess your question should have been directed to the cantankerous coward who was the commander of the 5th Battalion in Kano then. If ojukwu, who was Lt. Colonel could not raise troops to dislodge Major. Nzeogwu was it Captain Danjuma or Lt. Babangida who were going to do so? Before Lt. Colonel Conrad Nwawo (Nigerian Defence Attache in London) negotiated his surrender. Aguiyi Ironsi foiled the coup for his own personal gain which itself was a coup in another coup. Your point that the president been away during the coup was only circumstantial obviously shows where your allegiance lies. The president travelled in October 1965 to the Caribbeans, that his personal physician had to abandon him there and returned to Nigeria. The Commonwealth Head of States conference which was held outside the UK for the first time was not enough motivation for him to come back home. The waited the arrival of Sir Ahmadu Bello from Mecca but could not wait for the arrival of Nnamdi Azikwe. Of course he is ibo. The question is could they have missed Sir Ahmadu Bello or Sir Tafawa Balewa or Ladoke Akintola if any was on a medical trip or they would have postponed the operations for a more appropriate date that would guarantee and ensure an all inclusive kill?

4) Four (4) of the Northern military officers who took in part July 29, 1966 counter coup later became Nigeria's Head of State (Muritala, Buhari, Babangida and Abacha)

1 Like

Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by igbo2011(m): 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
thoth: This type of thread should be avoided by all Igbos by all means.

Why?
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
cKaiser: ^ Go ahead and declare your Biafra as long as we dont see you in Ore

Or you dont force any South South state into it

hahahahaa!
Is there a boundary between Ore and South South?

Pardon me if I am wrong, but I assume you are from the South West. Now, what is your passionate interest in the South South?

Now hear this, as long as Biafra is out of Nigeria, the Niger Delta Republic will be out too.
They cant remain or will you force them?
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by cKaiser: 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
noblezone:

hahahahaa!
Is there a boundary between Ore and South South?

Pardon me if I am wrong, but I assume you are from the South West. Now, what is your passionate interest in the South South?

Now hear this, as long as Biafra is out of Nigeria, the Niger Delta Republic will be out too.
They cant remain or will you force them?

Its only Ibos who are interested in annexing the South South like they did in 1967 before they were beaten back

2 Likes

Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by thoth: 1:29am On Oct 23, 2013
igbo2011:

Why?

It will do igbos no good. They will instead be disillusioned the more. I prefer such discussions among Igbos with the aim of educating their young ones in an Igbo only atmosphere. You can witness the kind of lies the Non Igbo tribes are throwing around already and very soon some non enlightened igbos will be catching on it.

Learn a bit from the Jews if the Igbos may.
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 23, 2013
cKaiser:

Its only Ibos who are interested in annexing the South South like they did in 1967 before they were beaten back

That we want to annex the South South is a lie cooked up by your likes with the hopes that you may annex the zone!

Truth is this:
We don't need the oil the way you do to survive.
What we prefer is two republics to emerge side by side.
Biafra and Niger Delta Republic.

Except if the South South want to remain in Nigeria.

And this is the poser my friend, will you allow the Niger Delta Republic to be?
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by worksmart(m): 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
How does Igbos staying away stop the lies being thrown around?
Perhaps you mean this type of thread should never have be started by an Igbo - I would be more inclined to agree seeing how an educational thread has turned tribalistic.
thoth:

It will do igbos no good. They will instead be disillusioned the more. I prefer such discussions among Igbos with the aim of educating their young ones in an Igbo only atmosphere. You can witness the kind of lies the Non Igbo tribes are throwing around already and very soon some non enlightened igbos will be catching on it.

Learn a bit from the Jews if the Igbos may.
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
cKaiser:

Yes, the Igbos should not annex the South-South. But it is good for Nigeria to annex the South-South.

Conclusion: Annexing is bad, but it becomes good when it is carried out by Nigeria.
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by cKaiser: 3:46am On Oct 24, 2013
quid:
Yes, the Igbos should not annex the South-South. But it is good for Nigeria to annex the South-South.

Conclusion: Annexing is bad, but it becomes good when it is carried out by Nigeria.

SouthSouth is part of Nigeria and you cant annex whats part of you

SS is not part of Ibo land and Its only the greed of Ibos that make them covet the SS like they covet Lagos
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 24, 2013
cKaiser:

SouthSouth is part of Nigeria and you cant annex whats part of you
SS is not part of Ibo land and Its only the greed of Ibos that make them covet the SS like they covet Lagos

SS is part of Nigeria because the greed of Yorubas and Hausas.
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by litelov: 8:55am On Oct 24, 2013
I have decided not to reply anymore because one thing is certain, some guys find it impossible to look an issue from a non-tribal perspective. To such people, justice and fairness is impossible. It ok to kill ibos. kill kill kill them, they are evil, bad, and non-muslins. Actually a Nigerian put that on fb. Tell me in any part of the world where a prominent leader will openly say that they would not hire an indigenous ethnic group. Some leaders may harbor such taught, but they dared not openly say it; they may use ordinary people on the street to say it. Zik, Fela, Ojuku and Soyinka could never say such. You support ethnic cleansing because of provocations from ordinary ibos on the street. Granted, this provocation is wrong, but you cant compare it to one done by a prominent leader. What did Zik, Ironsi say? It doesn't matter what they say, all that matters to you is what ordinary ignoramus say on the street.

To people aguing about which part belongs to Nigeria. Please tell me what is Nigeria Show me the document signed by each region declaring their alliance to Nigeria. Show me the British documents about creation and independence of Nigeria and I will show you that Nigeria was never one country!!!!

North, east and southern Nigeria are British colonies, just as Rhodesia and others. If east most become Nigeria, why don't you fight against Zimbabwe and claim that it must be part of Nigeria too? The problem is that you guys are confused because east north and south share boundaries as opposed to other British colonies, and this is why you think Nigeria is a one unified country. From my foundlings from foreign sources, this is laughable, because the British never treated Nigeria as one during colonization. The amalgamation of North and south by luggard was an experiment that was meant to last 100 years, provided the colonies are willing, Nigeria is not a country, Nigeria is the modern day ruminant of the Niger company, It is merely a company, a business. That what you guys are, the colonists make money from you guys.

Fela , achebe, ironsi, Soyinka, and fajuyi remains my hero. I have never seen them attack other tribes based simply on tribalism. Fela attacks any corrupt person irrespective of his tribe, he attacks the corrupt among Yoruba too. These people ultimately know that the real enemies are the foreign colonists who enslaved and still keep Africans enslaved, Mutala Mohamed, I believe, came to this realization later, and they got rid of him immediately as they did ironsi.

The ibos are not your problem. Listern to FELA and you will know who your problem is.

1 Like

Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2013
cKaiser:
SouthSouth is part [/b]of Nigeria and you cant annex whats part of you

1) MEND (Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta FROM NIGERIA): why are they fighting to emancipate themselves from their owner Nigeria

2) MOSOP (Movement for the Survival of Ogoni People AGAINST THE EXPLOITATION OF NIGERIA): why are they struggling to survive in their country Nigeria
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by debetmx(m): 12:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
@ Litelov,

Your posts have shown you are either ibo posing as a foreigner or a foreigner with ibo blood in your veins.

During the January 15, 1966 the Ibo coupists went to the house of the most senior Hausa Officer they met him @ home, the ibo coupists went to the house of the most Yoruba Officer they met him @ home but when the ibo coupists went to the house of the most ibo officer they did not meet him @ home later that same man later became Head of State. ibo people think they are the only ones God gave an iota of brain and smarter than others. That is why you will tell me 47 years after that coup that the reason they missed Zik was circumstantial. The issue is that you ibos are just self-centered. Only yourselves and yourselves only. Yet you look @ issues from a non-tribal perspective. I am a christian like most ibo people and i would not support the killing of anyone whether you are ibo, Yoruba, English, German or any tribe for that matter.

You only made reference to Sir Ahmadu Bello. Have you listened to what Ladoke Akintola (The Premier of the Western Region who was killed by ibo officers during the January 15, 1966 coup) said about the ibos. It's all over youtube although the speech is in Yoruba. Although he made the speech in 1964/65, he could have made the same speech in May 1967 before the war and it would have been stupid of any Yoruba to support the ibos and if I may ask what happened to Yorubas who supported or fought on the part of the biafrans (Soyinka, Banjo, Adeleke and Ademoyega). The average ibo is an ungrateful person. You only matter to him when he is in distress or has problems. The moment his problem is solved you mean nothing to him again. Ibos, like I wrote in my previous post would never employ a Northerner unless as a gateman while the same ibo would expect you to employ his people as managers and directors. Never mention ojukwu again in the mold of Zik, Fela and Soyinka. ojukwu is nothing but a selfish power drunk coward whose only claim of legitimacy was the senseless killing of ibos by the Northerners nothing or more.

Awolowo said many years before independence that "Nigeria is not a nation but a mere geographical expression". Even if we part today, is that the end our problem. Remember among Aguleri & Umuleri, Ife & Modakeke and many more. Every tribe in Nigeria complains discrimination, in every State we hear discrimination, in every local government we hear discrimination.The Niger Deltans had demanded independence from the Eastern Region in February 1966. ojukwu and Aguiyi Ironsi quickly suppressed them and called their leader Adaka Boro a thug. Obviously the interests of the ibos is more paramount to that of any other ethnic group. When Gowon carried on from the precedence that ojukwu and Aguiyi Ironsi had laid they called it genocide, islamic jihad (as if Gowon, Danjuma, Joseph Garba, Akinrimade, Awolowo, Adekunle, Obasanjo & many more officers are not christians) and ethnic cleansing. The reason Zik had said before independence "that it was the ibos that was ordained by God to lead Nigeria to the promise land" Of course you will have no problem with that. Like the January 15, 1966 coupist, he is your fellow ibo. When southern Cameroon wanted to leave Nigeria, they conducted a plebiscite. Why did biafra not chart a similar path?

3 Likes

Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by debetmx(m): 12:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
Continuation;

After God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit the next person after Mandela than I respect is Fela and not our god of men owning private jet owners like adeboye, oyedepo, okonkwo and many others. Are they going to tell us there is nothing wrong with Nigeria? Of course they see nothing wrong with Nigeria. Their gullible church members walk to church and pay tithe which they spend for God. The British PM flies BA. The Pope does not own a private jet. Suffering and smiling. achebe, lost my respect for him after his continuation of the biafran war 42 years after it had ended. Especially continuing with the war time propaganda and not setting the records straight. Ironsi has my respect but should never had taken over power and should have punished the January 15, 1966 coupist. Soyinka has been called all sorts of names by the ibos just because he said achebe is not the father of african literature. This is a man who spent 23 months in prison for the biafrans. A prime example how the ibos will only remember when they are in distress and discard you thereafter. Would achebe had done the same for Yoruba is the tables were turned. HELL NO. Fajuyi was the first Nigerian Soldier to win the Military Cross for an act of exemplary braveness. I that says a lot about him and before that useless old biafran soldier (dede1) slays me, it was not the Western Region who awarded him the medal.

ojukwu and Obasanjo are the greatest fraud in the history of Nigeria. They are two cowards who have tried to position themselves as heroes. ojukwu has succeeded in that regard with the actions of Northerners and in my opinion, gullibility of his people. Obasanjo has failed totally in that regard. Obasanjo who went to hide in his the house of a civilian when a junior Officer (Danjuma) foiled the coup and he became Head of State.

I totally agree ibos are not our problem but the ibos themselves are their own problems. SELF-CENTEREDNESS. If ojukwu (ibo) had reported Ifeajuna & Co (ibo) to the Military Headquarters their would never have been the biafran war. If Zik (ibo) had told the leaders of the other Regions to run too their would have been no violence to his people. If NCNC ministers (ibo) had not selfishly nominated Mbadiwe (ibo) as thierir choice of acting PM when they knew the NPC had more seats than them. If Nwafor Orizu (ibo) had not refused to hand over to Zanna Bukar Dipcharima but to Aguiyi Ironsi (ibo). If Aguiyi Ironsi (ibo) had not greedily taken over power which not the normal procedure. If Aguiyi Ironsi (ibo) hand not only promoted his own people while leaving out the other ethnic groups. If Aguiyi Ironsi (ibo) had punished the January 15, 1966 coup plotters (mostly ibos).

3 Likes

Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by debetmx(m): 12:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
@ Litelov, Let me produce the translated speech of Akintola in English

"NCNC would come here and shout One Nigeria, One country, One destiny whereas its Okechukwu Ikejiani that would be getting all the benefits.

They said you want to sell out to the Hausas How many hausas have you seen coming to Ibadan, Lagos or AKure to take all the jobs and opportunities

Those of you listening to me from Ibadan from Lagos from Okitipupa that you are speaking English. We want a country where everyone has equal benefits.

If you say some Yorubas have stakes like Akinfosile, DM Johnson and TOS Benson. Ask yourself how many of them are in influential portfolios

Go to Akinfosiles town in Okitipupa and check what he has done there? Nothing!! Ibos would never put you where you can benefit your people.

DM Johnson they put him in charge of Labour where he would always be at logger heads with the workers that he had to resign.

See the issue of TOS Benson despite Sobowale spending his fortune on the party after a while they put Moronu there to rival him as an assistant

This is not between Awolowo and Akintola, dont set your house on fire because of the houserat. .because Awolowo know the Ibos more than anyone of you.

Even if you hate Akintola, would you hate your children and your generations future? They are chasing your children from Universities, from govt work, from market stalls and all you keep saying is its Akintola vs Awolowo.

They said we want to sell you to Hausas but when they have been with Hausas for the past 10 years getting all the juicy positions in this country and even in your ancestral homelands Hausas were not bad then. If you get here Ugochukwu, go there, Nwachukwu, go there Mbadiwe and youre still going on aout Akintola vs Awolowo.

If you want to know about Ibos go and ask NCNC chieftains in your town. If youre from Ilesha go ask Olowokere about NCNC, If youre in Ife go ask Fani Kayode, If you are from Oyo go ask Pa Afolabi, Would you know Sango more than Sango priests

(c) dayokanu

1 Like

Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by debetmx(m): 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
he said that many of our Yoruba people compare our country to USA and UK claiming since it was done in those countries it should be done same way in Nigeria. and the Ibo Alakuko have been using their Newspapers to promote their agenda and Yorubas trying to act sophisticated dont trust their parents again rather they believe Nigeria should be like US and UK, Nigeria is not like US and UK

He said one of the Ibo leaders claimed he believed Ibos are special breed of people who are designed to Lord over other Nigerians.

Count how many Yorubas are in Eastern parts heading parastatals? Now compare that to Ibos heading such stuffs in North and the West. Why do they want to Lord it over all.

He said in Ibadan, Arabs and Lebanese were sent away from trading yet the NCNC made sure it was Ibos that took over the whole markets in Ibadan, that our wives in Ibadan cant even get stalls to trade.

All Nigerians ambasadors to London, Paris, Moscow, New York are all Ibos through their alliance with the Hausas.

This election is for the future of your children, This is not about Akintola or Awolowo this is about the future of your children.

Recently Michael Okpara came out to list the achievement of Federal Govt in the Eastern region. He listed the Cement company in Nkalagu, the Coal in Enugu where thousands of their children are getting jobs while our own qualified children cant get jobs

The 2 VC of the University in Lagos and UI are both Ibos. Are they saying of all the educated people in Abeokuta for more than 100yrs none is educated enough to head?

You might ask why is the top position important its because due to their nature, the first in command is Ibo, he would ensure second in command, third in command till fifteenth in command is his tribesman till all the commands are finished

(c) dayokanu

2 Likes

Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by litelov: 3:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
@debetmx

Thanks for taking time to explain. Your explanation are very tribalitic, its very obvious that u don't like ibos. I'm not Ibo and I don't support any tribe, but as a Christian and a policeman I'm against oppression, terrorism, ethnic cleansing and genocide. If you must know I'm African American, five years ago I discovered through DNA that I have Yoruba DNA in me, since then I have read almost anything I can find about Nigeria. I admire any body that challenges foreign domination of any part of Africa. To me Nigeria remains foreign company, enslaving Africans. I love the Yoruba culture and will support Yoruba breaking out of Nigeria. I'm happy that fany has finally realized it.

As a police man who has been trained to conduct investigation I can tell you some of the facts u cited do not point to the coup being an ibgo.
1) if the ibos plan a coup they will make sure it doesn't appear as an Ibo coup by killing some ibos. Most murderers that kill their family usually shot themselves too, at least on the leg or hand, so as not to appear a suspect. Perpetuators usually cover their traks by hurting themselves a little. Ibos I read are the most fragmented group in Nigeria, they could not have planed such a thing and keep it secret. That is impossible. At least one person could have sold the secret especially when they love money alot.

2) it is impossible for the ibos soldiers to plan a coup without soldiers from other ethic groups hearing about it. I can tell you that so many people in the knew about that coup before it happened. Even the retaliatory coup licked many months before it happened. I read that it was presented to ironsi and he gave it gowon to investigate. Ironsi could have prevented the coup against him, even ojuku told him about the eminent coup. I guess the guy wanted a united Nigeria at all means that he sacrificed himself like the great faguyi did. Mr bello, I read, was warned about the coup by a man whose name I don't remember. Mr bello of sokoto disregarded the warning and dismissed the man who went home and bought a gun. Why did bello disregard this warning? I will answer for you. Because he already discussed it with some people, the real people behind the coup, who assured him that such a coup could not happen. If Zik left because he knew about the coup, then he was only smart. Mr bellows knew too, but he didn't leave or arm himself. Think, brother think!!!"

The coup failed. They same people behind it used other gullible Nigerians to do another, cleverly calling the failed one an Ibo coup. They called it so so that northerners will revenge. The Mafia does this all the time in America. To set up a guy they can't get, all they need to do is kill his enemy. His enemy will assume he did it and they gohis enemies will hunt him for revenge. Think tupac and biggie.

Nigerians are clueless.

Stay away from hate. No people are inherently evil.

1 Like

Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by debetmx(m): 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
@ litelov,

Thank you for replying to my posts.

I must tell you my best friend is ibo. I don't hate ibo people. I hate self-centeredness of the average ibo. I am a christian and a Yoruba from Osun State. I'm equally against oppression, terrorism, ethnic cleansing, genocide and violence of any kind. I must say you are naive. Very very naive. You think Africa is like America. Africa is way backward. Like cKaiser explained to you in a previous post, In Nigeria your ethnic group classification isnt as a result of your place of birth but ibos been the "only smart ones" after Nzeogwu had killed Sir Ahmadu Bello is now a Northerner, so a Northerner killed a Northerner. You will never understand these things if you dont stay in Nigeria.

1) I never recalled stating that the January 15, 1966 was an ibo coup. Actually they had killed an ibo officer (Lt Colonel Arthur Unegbe who was the Quartermaster General of the NA) too. Who was going to pay for the information you made allusions to?

2) Of course, there were always rumuors of coups. Gowon was told to investigate the January 15, 1966 coup not an impending coup. Aguiyi Ironsi wanted a united Country yet he went about promoting only ibo officers and promulgated the unitary system of Government to consolidate the ibos's domination of Nigeria.

Nigerians are clueless?

1 Like

Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by cKaiser: 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2013
Litelov,

I asked you this before I would ask again

If Americans say Congress is the problem and some Americans 7 whites and one black kill 15 top leaders in Congress who all Happen to be black and Hispanic on the allegation of corruption and NO SINGLE WHITE CONGRESSMAN WAS KILLED. Now tell me how that putsch would be vieewed as?

Balewa Hausa Prime Minister was Killed, Azikwe Ibo President Escaped

Bello Hausa Premier of North was killed, Okpara Ibo Premier of East Escaped

Akintola A Yorubaman and premier was killed, Osadebey an Ibo man and premier of Midwest escaped

Maimalari, Sodeinde Ademulegun and many top hausa and Yoruba military men were killed, Ironsi, Ojukwu and other top Ibo military men escaped

Now make your own UNBIASED deductions (Key word Unbiased)
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by litelov: 10:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
@ cKaiser and debetmx

I thank you guys for trying to make me understand. I'm so sorry I still don't understand. I many things to say but what's the need?

Just as an American can never understand the intricacies of Nigerian tribalism, I believe a Nigerian can never understand the intricacies and working of a united nation. Looking at what you are saying from a western(American) perspective, some of the things you call faults are actually pluses. A western government will greatly encourage a group of people who go to other regions and seek to take high positions. All Nigerian tribes should be encouraged to do this because this is the spirit of nationalism, this is what will keep the nation together. Segregation is never right, we fought against it in America and today the American government fights against any form of segregation. In America today there is no exclusively white neighborhoods. Companies are probed and encouraged to have ethically mixed employees. Even schools that do not have a lot of black students give special quoters to black and will devise means to get more black students. Obviously racism still lingers in the hearts of some people but they deared not express it, especially if they are in prominent position. Racism is a big crime in America. Try accusing your boss or company of racism and watch the whole company panic and investigate to make sure it didn't happen.

Every Nigerian should be able to aspire for any position in any part of Nigeria! If Ibos are taking over, the solution is not deporting them, but encourage and educate your own people. If akintola expressed disdain for ibos, it does not add anything to the facts that we are discussing. It only shows that like mr bello he is a despicable leader. Leaders should not make such statements.

If Nigerians can allow allow other Nigerians to come to their region and become prominent, then Nigeria should be dissolved and each region should remain by themselves. I don't get why Nigeria had to declare war against Biafra. The retaliatory northern coup was done to pull north out of Nigeria. After using them to kill ironsi and ibos, in the delusion that they will create a northern state, the bristish advised them against it.

Read the other thread in niaraland called "33 reasons why north rules Nigeria" Take a clue, the north could not have ruled all these years without external backing. The western powers are only interested in their own gain; they need Nigeria unified and hating each other, so that they can cash in on Nigeria. That's why the empowered the north and secretly keeps backing them. The north is the part that will give Britain and other western powers what they want. Once a northern leader rebels against this and start to thing about the benefit of Nigeria, they will either character assassinate him or kill him. I believe Mr murtala came to this realization when he was the president and they got rid of him. Look at IBB, despite being a dictator he still comes to America. His was in USC hospital here in los angeles. Doesn't this show you that he was never their enermy but rather their agent. Abacha may not be as bad as u Nigerians think, he wouldn't be a slave to western powers.

The british never liked ibos. from my findings, ibos are ambitious, individualistic, selfish and had to rule, they would not worship the whites. Even in American history, during slavery, the Ebos or Igbos were the most difficult slaves, they often challenged their master and would rather commit suicide than be a slave. These qualities are not necessarily bad.

The problem with Nigeria is Northern Nigeria and the western powers that manipulate them back them up.

1 Like

Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by litelov: 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
For months after September 11. I was dispatched to a predominantly Arab muslim neighborhood to protect them and assure them they are safe. I saw some of them celebrating, but as a peacer officer we are trained to remain calm and protect all citizens of America. The leaders did not go into a killing rampage. Leader should exhibit calmness. Bush made extra effort even to protect the Bin ladens in America. Do you think that we didn't feel hurt to see them celebrate? We did but leaders had to be leaders. Army officers had to exhibit courage and discipline.

Mr bello should have said that even though there is disdain towards the ibos in his region that they should not worry or be afraid, that his government will protect every law abiding Nigerian irrespective of his tribe. That's what a leader should say. No amount of augment will make me consider that mr bello was a sane leader. No amount of augument will make me justify the coups, ethnic cleansing in Nigeria and the war against Biafra. That is simply genocide.

Also since tribe has nothing to do with where you were born and raised, but only your parents origin. why is Mr ironzi ibo? I read from Nigerian history, not written by an ibo, that Ironzi's father was from seralione.

1 Like

Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by tomakint: 11:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
@litelov, you are indeed an intellectual with a class! I have fought against my brothers (the Yorubas) here on this hotly debated topic but all to no avail undecided I was branded a 'bastard' for no just cause! It still beats my imagination that some so-called 'intellectuals' here still call that Jan. 15 Coup, 'Igbo Coup', here was a coup (especially the one led by Kaduna Nzeogwu) that had northern officers as partakers, one name that came to mind was one Col. Kpera who eventually became military Gov.
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by debetmx(m): 8:22am On Oct 25, 2013
tomakint: @litelov, you are indeed an intellectual with a class! I have fought against my brothers (the Yorubas) here on this hotly debated topic but all to no avail undecided I was branded a 'bastard' for no just cause! It still beats my imagination that some so-called 'intellectuals' here still call that Jan. 15 Coup, 'Igbo Coup', here was a coup (especially the one led by Kaduna Nzeogwu) that had northern officers as partakers, one name that came to mind was one Col. Kpera who eventually became military Gov.

What the bleep are you saying? i never said the January 15, 1966 was an "ibo coup". Even Major. Nzeogwu himself said "Ethnic Consideration" was the reason the coup failed in Lagos

What was Kpera's rank as at January 15, 1966? When was he informed about the coup? Was he among the planners of the coup?
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by tomakint: 9:34am On Oct 25, 2013
debetmx:
What the bleep are you saying? i never said the January 15, 1966 was an "ibo coup". Even Major. Nzeogwu himself said "Ethnic Consideration" was the reason the coup failed in Lagos
What was Kpera's rank as at January 15, 1966? When was he informed about the coup? Was he among the planners of the coup?
....and where did you see me quoting 'debetmx' said this or that? Get well soon bro, the journey is still ahead and if I have the chance I may dig out ur old posts undecided
Re: video: Gen. Gowon Interviewed Soon After Biafra Surrenders In January 1970 by debetmx(m): 10:01am On Oct 25, 2013
@ Litelov,

I totally understand you but you don't seem to understand many things. There is a Yoruba saying that "the ones you don't understand are more than the ones you understand" which clearly applies to your case. I want a situation where I can go to any state in Nigeria and become Governor or vie for elective post if I can articulate better ideas. Even only America just had its first black president in 2009. Go back again and listen to Sir Ahmadu Bello's interview and listen to every word he said. What he was saying in essence was that other regions don't employ their own people (Northerners) yet other regions want to take up positions in the North especially the ibos of course. Read again the first paragraph of Akintola's speech that ibos are shouting one Nigeria because they want to take up positions in the West yet the ibos WOULD NEVER employ our own people. Why should Sir Ahmadu Bello employ ibos who will not employ his own people? NO WHY? See if you don't live with this people you will never understand what we saying and not what you read on the internet. The average ibo man thinks of only himself and himself only especially does who grew up in the east like chinua achebe. I challenge ibos worldwide that how many Yorubas and Hausas have been elected in to elective positions in ibo land. There are about two ibo commissioners in the West (Yoruba land) but that will never happen in ibo land. Yet you want me to go on with one Nigeria. Is the interest of ibos more paramount to that of other ethnic groups? The Publicity Secretary of the ACN (the major Yoruba party) Joe Igbokwe is ibo. In APGA (the major ibo party) is any Yoruba man holding any position their? Please why should I give my property to somebody who will not give his?

If you read my previous post on the deportation of ibos you will notice i said the actions of the Governor was totally irresponsible. In a sane country the Governor would have been impeached. Nigeria is way backward like 500 years behind the western world. Governor Peter Obi (ibo) who wrote to the President to protest the deportation of those destitutes himself had done the same thing some months back. The Lagos State Government had deported Osun State citizens and no nobody heard anything about it, Anambra State (ibo) had deported people nobody heard anything about it but when they deport their own people they go to the roof tops to shout their usual line "they don't like ibos". This things happen everyday and its very wrong. I could still remember amongst the ibos, the Abia State Government (ibo) had laid off Imo state (ibo) indigines in their workforce. I'm sure you never heard about it but if for example Lagos State Government done the same thing it would be all over the internet. The ibos would use every opportunity to tell you they don't like them even if 4 years old children fight in school.

The July 29, 1966 coup was done to revenge the January 15, 1966 coup and pull the Northerners of Nigeria but when power came back to the Northerners through Gowon they backed down. The same reason which made ojukwu who selfishly supported Aguiyi Ironsi's unitary system of government which would have consolidated the ibos' domination of Nigeria now demanded confederacy because power had shifted back to the Northerners. When Ironsi was the Head of State, ojukwu openly supported unified system of government but when Gowon ascended the throne he changed the tone of his music. ojukwu in his lifetime only supported what will benefit him and not the general well being of humanity. His own interest is more important the interests of Nigerians or his ill advised and ego and ambition driven biafra. The Northerners had started killing ibos in May 1966 but ojuwku advised his people to go back to the North because his brother (Aguiyi Ironsi) was still in power.

You stated that the West are only interested in their own gain. What was ojukwu interested in? What are our selfish leaders interested in? Do you think if Gowon had abdicated the throne to ojukwu on May 30 1967 he would have declared secession? Listen to Bob Marley's song "War".

On your assertion that "the British never liked the ibos", you must have been reading and believing too much of chinua achebe's biafran, "ibolistic" and self serving book "There was a country, the personal history of biafra". Go read the book that the colonial administrators wrote about Nigeria and what they said about each the three major ethnic groups and hear from the horse's mouth and not what a man who is promoting his own ethnic group is saying and the propaganda inherent.

The problem is ourselves. Is the Western world the problem in Zimbabwe? Am sure Bob Marley must have turned in his grave now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries / #Nigeriadecides2019: Thread For South-East Result Collation / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Is Dead? - Wikipedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 204
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.